What have you done to your car today?

Fitted the wheels :) Really happy with them :D Need to see how long I can keep this car running!

967144_10151583828178119_784206681_o.jpg

976512_10151583827908119_1401050109_o.jpg

978031_10151583828038119_428844158_o.jpg

Think it's right on the limit, no spacers.

980354_10151583828263119_132776260_o.jpg

That Nissan is mint! I have a thing for old, preserved examples of regular little cars like that.

Repaired a leak in the transmission and gave her a bath

Has anyone tried that wipe on plastic restore stuff? Thinking about trying it on my mirrors since they are faded.....

Has anyone tried that wipe on plastic restore stuff? Thinking about trying it on my mirrors since they are faded.....

Back to black by Turtle wax works. Theres a product on tv that promises to restore it forever, but after reading all the reviews online, I'd stay away from it.

So why didn't you get the back fiberglass fenders too? So that you don't have a mis-match?

Also why only Plastidip a little bit of it and not do the rear too? Or did you?

And finally why Plastidip a black vehicle? Were you planning on painting the dip?

I don't mean to question you,Its your truck do what you want, I'm just curious is all.

Cause bedsides cost $800 with shipping, plastidipped the chrome and the handles and flares to restore the plastic.

Went to the sonic car meet after I cleaned her.
55232-stickers.jpg

55241-sonic-meet.jpg

But "The Count" uses it! :lol:

From what I have heard you'd be lucky to even get the product. It's a big scam, never buy stuff off the Tv. I always heavily research anything I buy or my car.... Well actually everything I buy haha to many scammers and cheats out there these days.

The other day I did the valve cover gaskets, but one of the bolts came out with the stud and when I was torquing it back down it broke the bolt off the stud, so tomorrow we're going to have to pull the broken stud out of the engine and get a new bolt and stud. :\ I drove it hope and to school & back today and it didn't leak so at least with 3 of the 4 bolts in the new gaskets better than the old one. :lol:

That's not a big deal to fix. At least you didn't break a head bolt in the block like some idiot did to a Chevy 350 they were rebuilding in my class.

Just got upstairs from cleaning the car, takes so long, but it's now ready to enter in to the Show N Shine at the Japanese Nats tomorrow. Now to make sure my camera batteries are charged

That's not a big deal to fix. At least you didn't break a head bolt in the block like some idiot did to a Chevy 350 they were rebuilding in my class.

No, not that bad haha... it was an easy removal...

I painted them and my air cleaner assembly when we where done, the old coat of black looked like crap. 👎

936170_528883293841003_691387348_n.jpg

I hope you used high temp paint. They had a 3.8L '81 Camaro in my shop last year and had the valve covers and cleaner cover painted and it was all smoking and melting off because they didn't use high time paint lol.

Also you need to take off all that jungle gym stuff on the pulleys haha. No need for it. Love that little 302 though.

I hope you used high temp paint. They had a 3.8L '81 Camaro in my shop last year and had the valve covers and cleaner cover painted and it was all smoking and melting off because they didn't use high time paint lol.

Yes sir, this exact stuff, good for 500°F. Sprayed it on when the engine was still hot & it baked on nice and good. Hope it lasts a good while. :)
2404356-240

Also you need to take off all that jungle gym stuff on the pulleys haha. No need for it. Love that little 302 though.

305 :sly:

Yea, I agree, the A/C option really "cluttered" the engine bay up (Nowhere near as bad as new cars). I saw a 1980 Parisienne (with the old style pointy grill) for sale at a dealership around here. I HAD to stop and look at it for obvious reasons, it had the same 305 as mine but no A/C. So much more room under the hood. 150,000 KMS, fired up right away. Ever since owning mine these cars have really grown on me. 👍

EDIT: This is the only pic of it I could find, the car must have sold since it wasn't on their site anymore.
images

Last edited:
Typo. Oopsies haha.

Also check your visitor messages. If you still stand on the $150 for the 302 in your derby car I might knab it off you if I get that Mustang and it turns out the motor is trash. Don't know if the headers will fit though so if they don't I'll still pay the $100 for it.

Typo. Oopsies haha.

Also check your visitor messages. If you still stand on the $150 for the 302 in your derby car I might knab it off you if I get that Mustang and it turns out the motor is trash. Don't know if the headers will fit though so if they don't I'll still pay the $100 for it.

Done & done. 👍

& Yeah, I'd still sell that motor for $100, I mean 390,000 KM and a demo derby later? All I think it would be worth no more. Again, I don't want to have a 302 just hanging around my place so it would also be more of a "Just want to get rid of it" type of deal, while making money back from the car we're smashing. Besides I'd rather have it go to someone who would maybe use it rather than have it crushed with the car.

Done & done. 👍

& Yeah, I'd still sell that motor for $100, I mean 390,000 KM and a demo derby later? All I think it would be worth no more. Again, I don't want to have a 302 just hanging around my place so it would also be more of a "Just want to get rid of it" type of deal, while making money back from the car we're smashing. Besides I'd rather have it go to someone who would maybe use it rather than have it crushed with the car.

If I don't use it in this car I might be getting it'll either

A: Get stuck in something else I might buy down the road
B: Get sold to my buddies dad (same guy that owns that blue Cobra) for use in one of their street cars or race cars (might not use it, he just got rid of a 302)
C: End up with my spare 351 block sitting in the shed

If you don't mind me asking what transmission is it paired to?

If I don't use it in this car I might be getting it'll either

A: Get stuck in something else I might buy down the road
B: Get sold to my buddies dad (same guy that owns that blue Cobra) for use in one of their street cars or race cars (might not use it, he just got rid of a 302)
C: End up with my spare 351 block sitting in the shed

Anything works for me. :lol: Of course, this is all depending if we can bring the car back home or not (If it's running, yes, even if it can't drive it we could use the loader at the derby to life it on the trailer.) IF that's the case I could attempt to pull the motor myself and have it ready for someone to just come and pick up.

Anything works for me. :lol: Of course, this is all depending if we can bring the car back home or not (If it's running, yes, even if it can't drive it we could use the loader at the derby to life it on the trailer.) IF that's the case I could attempt to pull the motor myself and have it ready for someone to just come and pick up.

Wonder how much it would cost to ship it. Probably like $200 lol

What trans is it paired too?

Wonder how much it would cost to ship it. Probably like $200 lol

What trans is it paired too?

I don't want to think about it. :grumpy: Shipping is a complete rip for most things.

The tranny I'm not %100 sure about, (Again, not a huge Ford guy). But I know it has select able overdrive. Should be the standard Ford 4-speed AOD, which I know are good transmissions. Hell I could sell that too never thought about it, but it's more likely to burn out than the engine. But hey, if it still works! Why not?

AOD transmissions are automatics and are a rendition of the Ford C6, much like E40D and 4R100. All an AOD is is a C6 with overdrive. Still not as good as a C6 though.

If it had a manual I'd think about getting that too to pull the C4 out of that Mach 1 but seeing as it isn't I'll pass.

You could probably parts out most of it. Rear end etc.

It was. I asked the guy what it was and I don't think it was anything special, think it was a Top Loader 4 speed but don't quote me on that.

Washed the Lexus today. Took about two hours from start to finish, which included finding the hose which was behind the house for some reason, a few breaks, a phone call, and pulling it into the garage for drying. It looks nice from afar, but up close you can see some areas where the water dried, a side effect of washing the car at noon. :grumpy:

8808657371_f50855c0e4_c.jpg

Cleaned up the looks a bit with some turn signal "redouts."

My car before:

Horsetooth3_5-7-13.png

And since I'm too lazy to take a pic and go through uploading it just for this, someone else's "after" shot I snagged off Google:

1870237439-1870237439-DSCN3741.jpg

*ED. - and now I just resurfaced the headlights. Winter wasn't too gentle on them, but they're crystal now.

Last edited:
Back