Why 99.9% of all players won´t gold the Nordschleife Circuit Experience!

• Thread starter zocker_16
  • 607 comments
One more tip: make sure you max your exit speed out of corners. If you go in too fast (edit: brake too late) you lose quite a bit of time, esp before long straights it can make a half or full sec difference.
Thank you so much for this! I’ll give it a shot.

We’ll, I think that may be my problem. I’ve only ever completed a few laps of it, so that’s my biggest hurdle. Honestly, when I began I didn’t think there was any way I would be able to remember each sector, but already after two days it’s becoming more natural. Im starting to feel the flow of the circuit, which is going to help a lot!

Thank you for these hints! Im definitely struggling with keeping the speed up through corners. I quit using traction control a month ago so that’s not holding me back here, but I think the brake balance is a good place to start.

I’ll admit, I am using the braking zones aid for this CE because they’re all over the place. I still haven’t gotten them down yet so visual reminders help. I need all the help o can get because there’s nothing more depressing than seeing the ghost car disappear over the horizon and realizing I’m only in sector 3!!!

Thank you everyone. I think it’s pretty clear that I just need some more laps on this before I start to worry too much.

Last edited:
One more tip: make sure you max your exit speed out of corners. If you go in too fast (edit: brake too late) you lose quite a bit of time, esp before long straights it can make a half or full sec difference.
Trying to figure out when to fully break, when to tap on the brakes, and when to let off the throttle on this track should be an entire CE on its own!!!

I did it on my 3rd full lap(7 and 1 tenth off gold previously) and what helped was not pushing that hard in the northern section and going full send after the karussell, because that's my strongest part.
The car handles funky with this handling model sometimes, so not taking risks can be effective if you are not 100% comfy with some corners. I think it's important to stay patient and make up time where you are sure that you can go faster, because it's easy to go off track. Just my 2 cents

So Ive just read all 18 pages. To summarize, the time is too easy (if you've done 1000s of laps), it's not hard (did 500 laps irl) and since 1.13 it is easy to get for an average driver.

Now cue me, an average B driver but willing to put the time in. I golded the Nordschleife in GTS, but this is much harder. I golded all the sectors yesterday, and finished 1 full lap, 15 seconds short of gold, 6.52.x.

I really want to learn this track so I decided to go to time trial, picked the m6 and went for it. Boy that is stupid. It's a completely different car! @svenjurgens already discussed this but I haven't seen a solution for this. The base car is 726pp while ringversion is only 610. The HP looks the same but it drives completely different. I went for time trial to learn the whole track by just pumping in the laps, because in the CE I crash too much. I know the first half of the track up to the carrousel like the back of my hand now.. countless resets.

Does anyone know a tuning setup to get a similar experience? I know just driving the track I will learn, but I won't learn the limits of the car/track because its a entirely different experience.

So Ive just read all 18 pages. To summarize, the time is too easy (if you've done 1000s of laps), it's not hard (did 500 laps irl) and since 1.13 it is easy to get for an average driver.

Now cue me, an average B driver but willing to put the time in. I golded the Nordschleife in GTS, but this is much harder. I golded all the sectors yesterday, and finished 1 full lap, 15 seconds short of gold, 6.52.x.

I really want to learn this track so I decided to go to time trial, picked the m6 and went for it. Boy that is stupid. It's a completely different car! @svenjurgens already discussed this but I haven't seen a solution for this. The base car is 726pp while ringversion is only 610. The HP looks the same but it drives completely different. I went for time trial to learn the whole track by just pumping in the laps, because in the CE I crash too much. I know the first half of the track up to the carrousel like the back of my hand now.. countless resets.

Does anyone know a tuning setup to get a similar experience? I know just driving the track I will learn, but I won't learn the limits of the car/track because its a entirely different experience.
This is exactly my experience! I was told that if I gold all the sectors (I did) then the single lap is actually a slower pace (it’s not), and that I just need more laps.

Ok, I accept that I need more practice, but in the CE , because I have to restart after each mistake, I get insane amounts of practice on sector 1, less on 2, and virtually none on sectors 8-11!

So maybe I should just do lots of free laps in time trial so I can get the practice? Not the same car. Sure, I’ll get the practice laps in, but I’d like to do it with the car I’m actually going to drive. I suppose one day I’ll look back and realize it really wasn’t that hard, the pace isn’t really that fast, and that all I needed was hundreds of laps, but on this side of things it looks impossible to me that I’ll ever get there!

Edit: for bizarre misspellings

Last edited:
This is exactly my experience! I was told that if I gold all the sectors (I did) then the single lap is actually a slower pace (it’s not), and that I just need more laps.

Ok, I accept that I need more practice, but in the CE , because I have to restart after each mistake, I get insane amounts of practice on sector 1, less on 2, and virtually none on sectors 8-11!

So maybe I should just do lots of free laps in time trial so I can get the practice? Not the same car. Sure, I’ll get the practice laps in, but I’d like to do it with the car I’m actually going to drive. I suppose one day I’ll look back and realize it really wasn’t that hard, the pace isn’t really that fast, and that all I needed was hundreds of laps, but on this side of things it looks impossible to me that I’ll ever get there!

Edit: for bizarre misspellings
I have been there as well. Also did 10x more the first third of the track than the rest. After a bit I was even getting nervous every time I would go half way, and do stupid mistake... and have to restart.
Really wished the lap would be just marked as invalid, and the game let you finish it.

The "good" news is if you keep at it, you do improve every time you finish, and at some point you clear the time - it is completely possible, even for average player (like me). But then it become a patience game.

In retrospective, I think I was trying far too hard to go fast in first few sectors, leading to a lot of failure.
Trying to be a bit more conservative, making sure to finish, and improve little by little - would probably have led to success faster.

For reference, I spent around 10hours on it :crazy: Mostly on the full track, I didn't think the sectors were very hard (except S1).

It was before the physics change, but honestly not sure that really would have changed the time needed much, since it was mostly about memorization and confidence for me.

Not that difficult to gold actually. It seems so much difficult because sector 1 is tricky. At least thats what I thought... Sector 1 for me was by far the toughest one. And indeed it is probably the worst. Once you progress you realise it's not that bad. And for the entire lap, you only need a decent one without mistakes, which is not such a hard task.

Last edited:
I gave this another go and improved my time again, I would've been a bit faster but made a mistake around 5:30 that almost ended it.

Hi Guys,

I have made it with joystick! Believe it or not. Below will let you know how I've made it. Please read careful. If you need I can send you my replay as demo.
I can see there are a lot of people interested to pass the track with gold. I have trying to do this for 2 months. First I have working over the sectors which consumed a lot of time and efforts of course. Some of the sectors had pretty tight set time for gold. That require a lot of patience and devotion. However practice makes perfect, therefore I trust you make it eventually.
The most complicated of all the sectors is the lap itself. You have to be very focused and prepared. I have used demonstration ghost as an example, but you have to be prepared. It is much faster than you and will be far away by the end of the lap. I'm pretty sure the demonstration was made with wheel which is too different than the joystick. Joystick has a lot of limitation and you should be aware of them. You have to find your own style. Wont be pretty when you view the replay, but who cares?
In the next few lines I will give you what's most important from assistance standpoint and time of every sectors that matters the most at least they did for me and eventually that was successful last night.
Assistance - full ABS, TCS on 3rd level, Balance Brakes was 0. Everything other has been turned off. Auto transmission, I'm using L2 and R2 for brakes and throttle respectively. Turning with L3 I believe it is called - that's the left joystick.
Times which matters if you are not in that timeframe you will probably wont make it for 6.37.800. Don't push yourself to chase the demonstration time. They are not for you and it is impossible to replicate it. So get over it now and try with those times that will follow. You can not win time throughout the lap, but you can lose such. GT7 set such time that you should be perfect for 6 mins and a half. On sectors I mean where are the real sectors and time stop on the lap, because that's not the same with the sectors which are split before the lap itself.

Sector 1 - Here you have to be around 41.500 up until 42.500/600. Lower than 41.500 would be great, however I've made it only one time (1 week of constant efforts) for 41.200. If you are outside 42.600 you wont make it by the end. It is impossible to keep up with the lost time. At least I've couldn't recover more than 6/7 tenths for the whole lap.
Sector 2 - You have to be here 1.12.500 up until 1.13.700. Lower would be great. I've made it couple of times for 1.12.200ish. Higher than 1.13.700 would be almost impossible given the fact that's one of the easiest corner of the track. Also compromised exit you will lose more time because there is kind of straight afterwards and you need more speed.
Sector 3 - Tricky corner. Try to keep the maximum speed as possible around 95 km/h and exit with around 100 km/h. Best time I've made it was 1.39.158. Times around 1.39.500/600 up until 1.40.600 are good. Higher than that wont have any point to keep on. There are very tricky corners afterwards where probably you will lose more time.
Sector 4 - Very tricky slow part of the track. Good time is 2.27.500. I've made it couple of times for 2.26ish. However that's pushing you very much and you are exhausted in the next few corners. Up until 2.28.100/200 is good. Outside of that you wont make it.
Sector 5 - Be careful that sector is crucial. First you have few corners that needs to be perfect and then you have long straight. Practice makes perfect and this one is very crucial one to learn your braking points and corner exit. This sector good time is 3.03.300/400. I have made it for 3.01 and 3.02 couple of times. Again it makes you feel exhausted. 3.03 will be enough by the end. Outside 3.03 will be very hard to finish the lap.
Sector 6 - before the sector line there is fast corner that requires a little bit of break and great positioning of the car. Sector time of 3.27.500 is good and will be enough. If you more than 3.28 probably wont be enough in the end. Keep in mind that time
Sector 7 - Relative easy corners but you have to careful. they require a lot of speed. Especially careful be with Carrousel. That corner is in the middle of the sector therefore it is crucial for your time. Sector line is after relative fast corner. Time around 4.14.500 are good. Lower than 4.14 would be very good for your cause. Higher than 4.15 wont be possible (I've never finished a lap inside the timeframe when here I was above 4.15)
Sector 8 - Tricky combination of corners. They require a lot of speed and concentration. Be prepared and do full send here. You can not win time here, but you can lose a lot of time and that will destroy your lap time. Good lap is 4.45. Up until 4.47 is good, but will be very tight by the end. Above is disaster.
Sector 9 - Times around 5.13 up until 5.14.7/800 are good. More than 5.15 you wont make it for 6.37.800. That's almost the end of the track therefore there is no place where to win that time back. Crucial sector because it shows you your chances.
Sector 10 - It is at begging of the long straight. Your must time here is 5.52.500. You can be here max 5.52.999. Outside wont be possible. Couple of times I've made it for 5.53ish and I've couldn't finish the lap on time. It is very important here
Sector 11 - Last sector 6.13ish up until 6.13.999 are good. 6.14 will be very very tight and you don't have margin of errors for the last 2 corners. First 5 sectors are very important to build a buffer where to give you the chance to finish the lap, especially those last 2 corners which are very hard.
Sector 12 - The last 2 corners are terrible and very hard. Don't panic and breath deep. If you are calm here, you will make it. You can lose a lot of time of the last corner. Trying to be around 90 km/h and once the car rotate go full throttle. The line is over there and awaits. If you have all the sectors inside my timeframe you will make it for 6.37.489 which give you 4 tenths buffer.

Enjoy and let me know if that is helpful. I will try to make a video on later point when I have more time!

I finally did it, I left Ring as a last track to do Circuit Experience. Actually it was a lot of fun learning it :)

If I would start it again, for sure I would start by just by driving around this track with M6 outside Circuit Experience, I know stock M6 Endurance have different PP, but it behave very similar in terms of cornering. I did sectors in Gold with 0.8 to 1.2 second over needed time and struggling a lot with full track, than I took M6 did about 8 full laps, than redo some sectors and started to easily do time below 6:40.

My tip: just focus on full laps, only then you know which sectors need to be improved and most important you will remember details about braking and turning points.

I finally did it, I left Ring as a last track to do Circuit Experience. Actually it was a lot of fun learning it :)

If I would start it again, for sure I would start by just by driving around this track with M6 outside Circuit Experience, I know stock M6 Endurance have different PP, but it behave very similar in terms of cornering. I did sectors in Gold with 0.8 to 1.2 second over needed time and struggling a lot with full track, than I took M6 did about 8 full laps, than redo some sectors and started to easily do time below 6:40.

My tip: just focus on full laps, only then you know which sectors need to be improved and most important you will remember details about braking and turning points.
yes, in addition to my post. Spend those 350K credits to buy the same car and go try yourselves into time trial. It also gives you exact time where are you compared to last lap. And use my times as reference :)

yes, in addition to my post. Spend those 350K credits to buy the same car and go try yourselves into time trial. It also gives you exact time where are you compared to last lap. And use my times as reference :)

is it exactly the same, in terms of settings, and not amended at all for the CE? Because that would be very useful...

B80
is it exactly the same, in terms of settings, and not amended at all for the CE? Because that would be very useful...
Well, don't touch anything of the car settings. The idea is to get used with the car and track even when you do mistakes. I've made around 10 laps and none of it was even close to 6.40. However after 2 laps on the experience I have made it. It was the experience and the chance to try few things on the track especially braking points and car positioning

Okay, it took me a while, but finally got all gold at the Nordschleife. decided to give it another go recently and it was actually a bit easier now then expected, maybe the game got easier or i got better. (or both?)

doubt though that i am actually in that 0.1% category....:D

It's a fun little one, this circuit experience. After not playing for several months, I'm slowly making my way through them.

Slow in and fast out is so very important with this car. Any sliding on the way into corners will harm the exit 10x. On such a long single lap, it's not realistic to hold the car at 100% for most. I don't know what the best time possible is, and mine will be very far off that. But keeping the car under control and having a consistent smooth line is king.

I hit the gold time on controller and improved later on with wheel, so I think it's achievable regardless of your input. I will say it's a lot easier to keep a smooth flow with the wheel, but keeping a cool head is more important than the choice of input..

Per my earlier post...
There's several reasons, not just because it's hard.

Most won't ever bother with it, for starters. It's also not necessary at any point in the game - not even to get the Platinum, even if you care about Platinum.
... I've never bothered with it either. But the 5m credit prize added after I made that post looked enticing.

I golded all the sectors on DualSense because I'm lazy (except... the one between Karussell and Brunnchen; my first couple of attempts were too far away to make it worth the effort of trying so I switched to wheel for that this morning), then went to wheel for the full lap.

Ran a sighter for a ghost at 6'43.2, then ran a fast lap at 6'38.8. Had to take a break because my shoulders and hands are bored, but a second off on my first real attempt isn't a "99.9%" difficulty; I'm not a 99.9% player by a looooong way.

I think anyone who's within the top 5% regularly will get it done with only just enough effort to get a couple of clean laps in (and in fact gold is just over 5% slower than Igor Fraga's ludicrous lap time) provided they don't panic at the last complex!

Well all I know is this will probably be the very last one I'll have left once I finish the other CE's. How were the physics changed cause see I started playing this late October. So it's been almost 3 months for me.

Pure hyperbole personal example, but I can’t be alone: GT7 is the first racing game I decided to invest both the money in a wheel/rig setup and the time in practice to learn to race.

As I’ve become a bit pro efficient to now I’d consider myself entering intermediate driving skill, I can now gold all the challenges I couldn’t the first time around back when the game launched. Having finally golded S-10 after focusing on it the past few weeks, about 2/3rd’s done with golding all circuits experience…
Per my earlier post...
There's several reasons, not just because it's hard.

Most won't ever bother with it, for starters. It's also not necessary at any point in the game - not even to get the Platinum, even if you care about Platinum.
... I've never bothered with it either. But the 5m credit prize added after I made that post looked enticing.

I think anyone who's within the top 5% regularly will get it done with only just enough effort to get a couple of clean laps in (and in fact gold is just over 5% slower than Igor Fraga's ludicrous lap time) provided they don't panic at the last complex!
…all this is spot on and exactly why it is going to be the last thing I do even after getting platinum trophy and collecting all cars. This is exactly why I fear the Nordschleife Circuit Experience, it’s more a test of effort and the inability to complete it is a reflection on one’s ability to put forth effort in concentration and focus. The credits are not worth it to me so gameplay wise it really has no value towards that fictional idea of completing the game to me. My OCD is going to be the only reason why I finish it now that I can fairly consistently finish Time Trials in the top 5% as my ability improves with practice. But I’m still doing it last.

Pure hyperbole personal example, but I can’t be alone: GT7 is the first racing game I decided to invest both the money in a wheel/rig setup and the time in practice to learn to race.

As I’ve become a bit pro efficient to now I’d consider myself entering intermediate driving skill, I can now gold all the challenges I couldn’t the first time around back when the game launched. Having finally golded S-10 after focusing on it the past few weeks, about 2/3rd’s done with golding all circuits experience…

…all this is spot on and exactly why it is going to be the last thing I do even after getting platinum trophy and collecting all cars. This is exactly why I fear the Nordschleife Circuit Experience, it’s more a test of effort and the inability to complete it is a reflection on one’s ability to put forth effort in concentration and focus. The credits are not worth it to me so gameplay wise it really has no value towards that fictional idea of completing the game to me. My OCD is going to be the only reason why I finish it now that I can fairly consistently finish Time Trials in the top 5% as my ability improves with practice. But I’m still doing it last.
I feel the same way, it really ain't worth the 5M credits, I mean there are many easier ways to earn quick cash. See you can't slack off anywhere in the time attack, everything has to be perfected with speed and agility.

I started an alt account recently on GT7. (The alt account was to start over at hard difficulty, and never use TCS or auto transmission.)

First clean lap on the full lap here was bronze. Second clean lap was silver. Then I switched to using the demo run as a ghost, and third clean lap was gold.

Even though I lost sight of the demo ghost shortly after Karussell, just chasing it that far made sure that I was really hustling for the first 60% of the lap.

I thought the Laguna Seca gold was harder tbh. Section 1, Section 8 and Section 9 are the buggers. Once you get those the rest is relatively easy.

This is where I stand at this exact moment. I’m getting there. Slowly…
E3F238EE-662D-4DE9-915D-AE05A82FFF68.jpeg

Since they changed the physics, it’s muchhhh easier
Yeah, I started this CE a few days ago and got gold on all sectors with surprisingly little effort. Maybe I'll do the lap attack today but the fact that I have a lot of confidence going in bodes well (I hope).

Back