Why 99.9% of all players won´t gold the Nordschleife Circuit Experience!

• Thread starter zocker_16
  • 607 comments
So I haven't read through this whole thread.....has the sentiment changed since it was originally written or am I actually in the 0.1 percentile lol? Because I just Golded the circuit experience on my 2nd run. Did an overly careful practice run and did a 6:42. Went right to another and did a 6:35.2. Wasn't super clean but it was decent and what I would call slightly cautious just because I didn't want to foul up such a long lap. Oh and I'm on using the controller, I'd have to imagine if I was using a wheel I'd easily have been able to shave quite a few seconds off.

I still have to go and do all the individual sectors, but I don't imagine it should be a problem.

I'm A/S ranked but I have to think that 99.9% claim is not accurate.
The physics update a while ago made it A LOT easier so 99.9% is way out of date.

Is there a way to see the completion rate for this challenge like we can with trophies and stuff?
On your personal page (menu on top left corner of screen, first option) there is a % of CE completion. It the % of sectors and circuits you have in bronze though, as far as I know you can't see how much you have golded.

Last edited:
On your personal page (menu on top left corner of screen, first option) there is a % of CE completion. It the % of sectors and circuits you have in bronze though, as far as I know you can't see how much you have golded.
I was more speaking to seeing the general completion rates for all players like you can with trophies. It would be cool to see the percentages of people who have completed each challenge and at what levels.

I was more speaking to seeing the general completion rates for all players like you can with trophies. It would be cool to see the percentages of people who have completed each challenge and at what levels.
Ah. I don't think you can see that anywhere.

How many thousands laps is "a little practice" ?
“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again with different results
expected."
If you want to refute this hypothesis, you have to come up with a real one
Measure luminary - with Albert Einstein. This quote is from him and it has
What.
Do you know that:
- hitting the keyboard ten times and the computer doesn't do what it says
expected. Then you hit it ten more times – maybe those were the previous ones
Not trying hard enough...?
- You can't calculate the math problem in the exam, although you can
looked at the sample solutions at home...
- Personal sentiment still not improving in lockdown, though
you have dealt long enough with how everything is bad.
The bottom line is just our frustration and self esteem is in the doldrums as you
the thing does not get baked.
The recommendation is the following: "Up to the grandstand".
The method is very simple: imagine that you are in a football stadium. Included
you watch yourself with the problem that bothers you. But not on the bottom
field, but from above on the stands.
- Who's playing? (...maybe my classmates feel the same way? Who has that
Problem better under control? What is her/his recipe for success?)
- What have I already tried? (...actually just "more of the same"?
...did I really work hard for this?)
- What have I not tried yet? (...could I join a study group?
…could I ask the teacher to explain the matter to me again? ...I could
preparing for the math exam instead of just looking at it?)
- How would my personal role model or my TV idol with the same problem
react? (…what would James Bond do – or the Paw Patrol  ? Himself too
feel sorry for yourself...?)
- What other possibilities / alternatives are there? (...go to bed earlier? ...somewhat
Watch funny things on TV? …call friends or family?)
- What would I say to my current ME in 10 years? (...maybe something like
"do it like a boss!")
The hypothesis is: MORE OF THE SAME rarely leads to success.

Dare something new!

Show others or me too..... how you drive, where exactly your problems lie.. maybe the others or I can give you tips.

Or.. What advice have you followed so far, what are your problems with the track or the car?

A friend of mine also had respect/fear of this route for a long time... and he also had enormous problems... then he practiced bit by bit, gave us feedback on what was going well and what wasn't... and we were able to give him help. Eventually he started putting pressure on me in some sectors and throwing really good times at us, which created a little competition between us. Finally he tackled the full round and after a few attempts he was able to win it.

I think it's like a lot of other things...
First you complete the task as best you can... and then you go on to "error analysis", you have to see your mistakes... understand them... and know what you have to/can do about them. Then implement this knowledge and things will get better.

Last edited:
I have "a little practice" but it is not enough, no idea how many laps I've done, in GTS and GT7 (in CE and in other formats, like time trial) and I haven't been playing GT7 since may. May be I'll come back later. Well now that Sarah is on holyday (definitely I hope) it may demotivate me less to practice sectors.

I have "a little practice" but it is not enough, no idea how many laps I've done, in GTS and GT7 (in CE and in other formats, like time trial) and I haven't been playing GT7 since may. May be I'll come back later. Well now that Sarah is on holyday (definitely I hope) it may demotivate me less to practice sectors.

I wish you the best of luck with it... you'll definitely make it.

Just got a wheel 2 days ago and ran a 6:48:9 on my first lap with a huge 3-4 second mistake at the beginning and ran wide on a few corners. It's gonna be tough but feels entirely doable with a bit of practice. At least it's fun unlike that Audi on Deep Forest.

Nurburgring 1-Lap Attack — 6:30.753 (DualSense)​

Hey all, it was a bittersweet moment today — I notched a 6:30.753 run on this (using the DualSense controller) but made some silly mistakes that held me back from my ultimate goal of cracking sub-6:30.00. Anywho, I'm happy with this time for now and hope it can help others trying to improve their lap time. (For the record, I was struggling to get gold on this at first; it's really all about repetition!)

Last edited:
Because it is so long and has so many corners, it takes hundreds of laps to get decent on the Ring. However, you can practice the sectors separately to reduce the time you need to learn it.
I have never had a problem with that though as I love the track.

This ain't easy for sure.

3.5s off gold at the moment after about 90min of trying the 1 lap attack in total. And I'm quite experienced around Nordschleife.

Spent more time on this after PD finally fixed the steering lock (and perhaps the FFB) for the G923 in patch 1.18 and was able to get it down to 6:26.648 this week. As usual, could never get through sectors 8 & 9 as cleanly as I wanted and always braked too late for the Hohenrain chicane (lost 2 tenths there compared to my old record). So frustrating.... :banghead:

I think I’m gonna put this one aside for now, probably won’t come back to it until I finish the single player campaign or until I get a better wheel and pedal set as well as a proper cockpit setup.

Finally! But I want a better time, so I keep going

(wheel + pedals, cockpit view, manual gears, no aids)

xBUljQo.jpg

Last edited:
Because of Race C this week I decided to buckle down and do the CE for Nurburgring. I golded all the sectors yesterday afternoon, but the one lap is not going so well. My first attempt was, surprisingly, only a couple of seconds off of silver. I have run it all evening and actually got slower with each new completed lap?! I managed to shave off those couple of seconds and got the silver, but I have no idea how I'm going to trim off 8 more seconds for the gold.

Any help on this wold be much appreciated.

Because of Race C this week I decided to buckle down and do the CE for Nurburgring. I golded all the sectors yesterday afternoon, but the one lap is not going so well. My first attempt was, surprisingly, only a couple of seconds off of silver. I have run it all evening and actually got slower with each new completed lap?! I managed to shave off those couple of seconds and got the silver, but I have no idea how I'm going to trim off 8 more seconds for the gold.

It's hard to give you any help if we don't know/see where your problems lie. Here some have divided their rounds, compared to these rounds, where do you see your problems in detail. If possible which section and what exactly do you feel there.

The basic tip basically came from @1gorFraga , he pushed the brake balance back a lot ( +4 / +5 ) , which alone works wonders with the M6.

How much experience do you have on the Ring? It takes quite a lot of laps to get the hang of this track.

I was in the same boat not so long ago, 3.5s off gold and I had no idea how anything else could be squeezed out. I went on YT and watched this video and noticed that he carries so much more speed through the corners than me also only dropping to 3rd gear (instead of 2nd like I was doing).

Basically, it is all about not losing too much speed in corners. You need to learn good racing line and go as fast as possible. Also switching off traction control, while difficult at first, might help you in the long run.

Also, following his advice I set braking balance to 3 to the rear and it helped turn the car easier after hard braking.

Overall, it took me a good few hours to get gold, even though I test all of my cars on Nordschleife and done many, many laps on it previously. You just need to know the track very well and that takes time.

Here is the video I watched

Last edited:

Gold every sector few times, idealy you should be able to gold each of it reguraly.

Last edited:
The basic tip basically came from @1gorFraga , he pushed the brake balance back a lot ( +4 / +5 ) , which alone works wonders with the M6.
Thank you so much for this! I’ll give it a shot.
How much experience do you have on the Ring? It takes quite a lot of laps to get the hang of this track.
We’ll, I think that may be my problem. I’ve only ever completed a few laps of it, so that’s my biggest hurdle. Honestly, when I began I didn’t think there was any way I would be able to remember each sector, but already after two days it’s becoming more natural. Im starting to feel the flow of the circuit, which is going to help a lot!
I was in the same boat not so long ago, 3.5s off gold and I had no idea how anything else could be squeezed out. I went on YT and watched this video and noticed that he carries so much more speed through the corners than me also only dropping to 3rd gear (instead of 2nd like I was doing).

Basically, it is all about not losing too much speed in corners. You need to learn good racing line and go as fast as possible. Also switching off traction control, while difficult at first, might help you in the long run.

Also, following his advice I set braking balance to 3 to the rear and it helped turn the car easier after hard braking.

Overall, it took me a good few hours to get gold, even though I test all of my cars on Nordschleife and done many, many laps on it previously. You just need to know the track very well and that takes time.

Here is the video I watched

Thank you for these hints! Im definitely struggling with keeping the speed up through corners. I quit using traction control a month ago so that’s not holding me back here, but I think the brake balance is a good place to start.

I’ll admit, I am using the braking zones aid for this CE because they’re all over the place. I still haven’t gotten them down yet so visual reminders help. I need all the help o can get because there’s nothing more depressing than seeing the ghost car disappear over the horizon and realizing I’m only in sector 3!!!

Thank you everyone. I think it’s pretty clear that I just need some more laps on this before I start to worry too much.

Thank you so much for this! I’ll give it a shot.

We’ll, I think that may be my problem. I’ve only ever completed a few laps of it, so that’s my biggest hurdle. Honestly, when I began I didn’t think there was any way I would be able to remember each sector, but already after two days it’s becoming more natural. Im starting to feel the flow of the circuit, which is going to help a lot!

Thank you for these hints! Im definitely struggling with keeping the speed up through corners. I quit using traction control a month ago so that’s not holding me back here, but I think the brake balance is a good place to start.

I’ll admit, I am using the braking zones aid for this CE because they’re all over the place. I still haven’t gotten them down yet so visual reminders help. I need all the help o can get because there’s nothing more depressing than seeing the ghost car disappear over the horizon and realizing I’m only in sector 3!!!

Thank you everyone. I think it’s pretty clear that I just need some more laps on this before I start to worry too much.
One more thing is that I found the ghost car to be a distraction. You can enable / disable it on the fly with the up arrow key on your d-pad. Also, I prefer to race my own ghost instead of chasing the demo ghost. You can switch between them in the ghost settings in menu.

There is nothing like practice though. I have done a few CE already and none was as difficult as this one so far. It is tough, but also very rewarding once you see progress. If you determined and keep going it should get easier with time to find extra 0.1-0.2 here and there. Good luck! :)

One more thing is that I found the ghost car to be a distraction. You can enable / disable it on the fly with the up arrow key on your d-pad. Also, I prefer to race my own ghost instead of chasing the demo ghost. You can switch between them in the ghost settings in menu.

There is nothing like practice though. I have done a few CE already and none was as difficult as this one so far. It is tough, but also very rewarding once you see progress. If you determined and keep going it should get easier with time to find extra 0.1-0.2 here and there. Good luck! :)
A lot of people don’t like the ghost, but I find it a good measure of how I’m doing. I gained half a second this morning, and now I’m able to keep the ghost in view until around sector 6, which means I’m making much much better time than I was at the start of the day.

I golded all the sectors again, which helped a lot. I wish there was a way to start the lap at a different point because I’m getting downright sick of the first three sectors after all the restarts!

Thanks again.

Back