Why 99.9% of all players won´t gold the Nordschleife Circuit Experience!

• Thread starter zocker_16
  • 607 comments
Apologies for the humble brag but I'm proud to say I've golded every circuit experience now. I saved the dirt tracks for last thinking they'd be awful but I knocked em all out in like an hour. The Nur took me 2 days though because I couldn't make a clean lap for the life of me. Still wasn't as bad as s10 was pre 1.13.

Got my lap time down to 6.27,466 now. :)

Here´s the run in comparison to GT Sports circuit experience with the BMW.
You can see the car got some better grip and also higher top speed than in the previous game.
On the other side it felt like GT Sport is much more forgiving on the curbs and when you accidentally touch the grass.
To bad I lost an early replay in GT Sport were I did this challenge in 6.27,609 but on a different physics build.
Would be interesting to see such close runs side by side.

Golded the full lap on my third attempt. Did a 6:42 just on muscle memory, pushed it on the second lap and missed a braking point leading to a fail, focused a bit more on scrubbing less speed through a couple of high speed sections and got a 6:37.080.

@Nuschel01 is top of my leader board with a 6:35.447, might end up doing my daily mileage on this to see if I can chip away at it.

Well, this was actually easier than I anticipated. I was able to gold the full lap a few times, best time of 6:35.495, within about an hour after replaying all the individual sectors. But this will be one I keep coming back to improve. I admire the people getting sub 6:30 times, feel like that requires a damn near flawless lap.

But most importantly for those who are still going for this, don't psyche yourself out! I'd describe myself as "above average" at sim racers so I think most GT enthusiasts could get gold on this with a few hours of practice. (1 out of 1000 seems a little exaggerated)

Last edited:
Congratulations...nice smooth and even round...
If you now change a few points where you took your foot off the gas and/or braked too far, you can easily get into the very low 30s.
I think YOU can do this because your lap looks really good.
Thx mate. I could do it indeed, but I just took my first gold run and called it a day. :P
If you wanna see a really fast lap by me, check out my track experience LeMans run. I was ~6 seconds quicker, than gold. That's the only track experience, where I went all out, but the challenge itself was surprisingly fun though. :) Could still shave off ~1 second with a perfect lap.

Thx mate. I could do it indeed, but I just took my first gold run and called it a day. :P
If you wanna see a really fast lap by me, check out my track experience LeMans run. I was ~6 seconds quicker, than gold. That's the only track experience, where I went all out, but the challenge itself was surprisingly fun though. :) Could still shave off ~1 second with a perfect lap.
I'm still limited to my "weak" 2nd account until the end of the month, but then I'll have to optimize a few more rounds with my main. With my 2nd I did a 6.31.xxx on the ring after the patch to 6.2x.xxx I could have done before the patch "if" I could have finished a fast, clean lap ;D

I don't know my LeMans time on the second account at the moment.

My PrePatch CE´s:

Last edited:
After two weeks away from this event i finally succedeed in lapping under the gold time. Last week i ran some races at the ring to warm up and when the time came i had to make only 3 runs, one 3 seconds slower that the reference time, one 1 second slower ( imagine how happy i was lol ) and one 6 tenths faster.....

For me the problem was going fast enough from the karussel till the end of the lap. I know the track but this BMW does not resonate with me ( the fixed setup does not help too ) and that part of the circuit has always been my achille's hell even with cars i like.

However i took some more risks than usual and job done.

I really needed those 5 millions.

Last edited:
I'm still limited to my "weak" 2nd account until the end of the month, but then I'll have to optimize a few more rounds with my main. With my 2nd I did a 6.31.xxx on the ring after the patch to 6.2x.xxx I could have done before the patch "if" I could have finished a fast, clean lap ;D

I don't know my LeMans time on the second account at the moment.

My PrePatch CE´s:

Awesome time. I need to check out the lap on my big tele later after work. It's 9 am in Germany right now, only 7 hours of work left...
4Cd5JUr.gif

Well, I had to try this again while we’re still on v1.13 as well. Previously had 6’29.713. Thought I could gain more than I actually did but regardless, pretty satisfied. First 6’28.656, then down to 6’28.029 and finally 6’27.628. I think 27 is a more beautiful number than 28 and since I was so close, I pushed myself to push a bit more, haha.

1653493565699.png

I'm not sure if updates have made this easier or if the car and track just resonate with me. I came into the day with only an all bronze run through from a few weeks ago but after 165 miles today I golded with a 6:36.992 including some pretty cringeworthy errors in the first half of the lap.

I am a middle talent at best using a dual shock so do not despair if you haven't made it yet or you don't have a wheel. Just be patient and keep on rollin😉

Well, I had to try this again while we’re still on v1.13 as well. Previously had 6’29.713. Thought I could gain more than I actually did but regardless, pretty satisfied. First 6’28.656, then down to 6’28.029 and finally 6’27.628. I think 27 is a more beautiful number than 28 and since I was so close, I pushed myself to push a bit more, haha.

View attachment 1153978

Seriously.. I'm really jealous.. but I'm very happy for you. A really great time. Congratulations and my respect.

For everyone else who is still trying this challenge...

Since I've been forced to drive with a gamepad for a while, here's some advice based on this new experience.

1. Don't use TCS! With the steering wheel, TCS is wonderful on 1 and hardly noticeable unless you overdo it with the gas pedal. But with the gamepad it's like the M6 has been neutered and has 100-200hp less on most corner exits. That takes so much time that is hard to catch up.

2. Furthermore, the brake force distribution to at least +3, I feel very comfortable with +4, when driving with MT +5 is even very good and useful.

3 If you often have problems exiting corners with too much torque than power oversteer, you should/can use the countersteering assistant, I prefer to use it on "strong" on the M6 on this track, but "weak" is also good and useful.

And my best advice... stay COOL.. take it easy and then it will work out. I like to use my own spirit and shift it by +0.5 to +1.0 seconds when trying to keep improving my time.

Last edited:
I did it saturady afternoon with only 3 completed laps .. :dopey:

... but The day before, friday, I took two laps to obtain .. 6'37.857 :rolleyes: .. and after a looong serie of mistakes ... :banghead: I quitted the game ..

IR

Well, this was actually easier than I anticipated. I was able to gold the full lap a few times, best time of 6:35.495, within about an hour after replaying all the individual sectors. But this will be one I keep coming back to improve. I admire the people getting sub 6:30 times, feel like that requires a damn near flawless lap.

But most importantly for those who are still going for this, don't psyche yourself out! I'd describe myself as "above average" at sim racers so I think most GT enthusiasts could get gold on this with a few hours of practice. (1 out of 1000 seems a little exaggerated)
They made these easier since launch.

Another note about using the dual shock, I used tcs -0 and countered the lack of grip with some early shifts into 3rd coming out of slower turns. brake balance @ +4.

If you use a gamepad, you already have some kind of TCS active, at least on the DS4, although it is set to 0... ALL inputs are filtered and implemented somewhat reduced / slowed down in the game. I would not have thought it possible before if someone had told me that, but it is so. This probably makes driving with a gamepad possible in the first place. You can see it with all steering inputs, with brake and with gas.. what is interesting is that the game has this "dampening" (that's what I would call it) depending on the situation. If you e.g. If you get into oversteer and have to correct it with very quick movements, then that's okay too.. Whereas when you turn into corners, there is a delay/dampening of the steering angle. If it were possible for me to separate braking and steering better from my physical and finger motor skills, then I could probably drive just as much faster with the gamepad than with my steering wheel. But only as long as I don't have to shift gears... If I try to shift gears as well....Then nothing works anymore.. I brake although I want to accelerate or steer although I want to brake... sure, with a little practice it might be possible for me to get it halfway there... but to be continuously fast with it.. I'm all for it I too old... too bad...

For brake/throttle, I use the right stick. I never used any trail braking techniques anyway. Without that longer throw, driving with the TCS off would be an unbearable losing proposition and having it on just destroys your times. I had a hell of a time golding the seca full lap on CE but once I turned the TCS off I was able to good it without too much trouble. Now I only turn it one when it's an absolute emergency. Aside from that I can modulate the throttle with the right stick and early shift up to negate excessive wheelspin.

Apologies if this belongs in another forum but it's been interesting working out the best methods for GT7

Last edited:
If you use a gamepad, you already have some kind of TCS active, at least on the DS4, although it is set to 0... ALL inputs are filtered and implemented somewhat reduced / slowed down in the game. I would not have thought it possible before if someone had told me that, but it is so. This probably makes driving with a gamepad possible in the first place. You can see it with all steering inputs, with brake and with gas.. what is interesting is that the game has this "dampening" (that's what I would call it) depending on the situation. If you e.g. If you get into oversteer and have to correct it with very quick movements, then that's okay too.. Whereas when you turn into corners, there is a delay/dampening of the steering angle. If it were possible for me to separate braking and steering better from my physical and finger motor skills, then I could probably drive just as much faster with the gamepad than with my steering wheel. But only as long as I don't have to shift gears... If I try to shift gears as well....Then nothing works anymore.. I brake although I want to accelerate or steer although I want to brake... sure, with a little practice it might be possible for me to get it halfway there... but to be continuously fast with it.. I'm all for it I too old... too bad...
I'm back on pad from wheel. Had to take my rig down for workspace, but I digress lol. I prefer auto gears on pad. I can manual with X and square, but a pad to me is sort of casual.

I agree, there is definite dampening going on, but GT has always been great to play on pad. Especially compared to more full on sims like PCars 2, AC and ACC imo. It needs that dampening, and works very well.

When I swapped from pad to wheel during GTS, after a lot of practice, not only was a a bit quicker but more consistently quick and more accurate with steering inputs. I feel better seeing my steering angle in relation to the corner which you don't get on a pad unless your in cockpit view, but then it's delayed and doesn't look great.

I golded Nords a few nights ago with pad and auto gears, but if I set my wheel up and manual, I can attack way harder and balance the car easier............ Probably after a ton of practice to get back into using a wheel lol.

P.S

I'm an old boy too.

So the first time when I got gold I got a 6:36 and that was with aids. I'm revisiting most tracks and doing them without aids so this one was next. BMW M6 + no tcs = spin out every turn. Toward the end during the downhill section, my front end was off the ground around 100mph thought i was done then.

So the first time when I got gold I got a 6:36 and that was with aids. I'm revisiting most tracks and doing them without aids so this one was next. BMW M6 + no tcs = spin out every turn. Toward the end during the downhill section, my front end was off the ground around 100mph thought i was done then.

Congratulations... but the headlight flasher is really annoying :D

I golded all sectors but haven't tried the 1 lap attack yet, I'm too scared lol

But I imagine it has to be easier than doing 1 sector right? It feels like that in the case of CE overall.

Latest Posts

Back