Why did you stop playing GT 7?

• Thread starter wheelhp
  • 112 comments
Australia
Australia
I'm still playing but the legendary cars are a bit of a pain to grind for, still. Even though economy is in much better state than release. Think they've even changed the roulette code, been getting 500k gold prizes more recently

I started playing again a few months back, when there was a new grind method. Found out about the weekly challenges, time trials and i got hooked again

Think they've even changed the roulette code, been getting 500k gold prizes more recently
That's just random.

I've stopped playing twice until now, each time because I was tired of grinding one or the other "big" race. Did not have much time to play so each time it was a decision to make between getting some credits or having fun in game.

I've used the rubberband method on Daytona's tri-oval with a cappuccino while the glitch was on in november (other used the Abarth) and it freed my playtime for more interesting ways to play (finishing the events, progressing the golding of CEs, licenses, TTing...). Now I have ~all the cars and a big stack of cash to buy the ones I miss or the new that will come up. Credits are not an issue anymore, so the little time I have to play is mostly spent on activities that motivates me to play.

Basically I ran out of things to do and stuff to acquire in GT7. Though I didn’t completely stop playing, a few weeks after completing the car collection, all the races, missions, engine swaps, golding all license tests (prior to the new Mega Super Duper whatever license) I feel I’ve accomplished everything I wanted in the game and have since shifted my primary focus to another game in my free time. I’ll almost certainly do what I did with previous GT games and come back in a few years to finish off the oddball stuff I currently have no interest in doing.

I log in and play more now than I did most of 2023 though thanks to the weekly challenges, and of course to complete the new races and buy the new cars after content updates, as always.

Lack of original tracks. Real locations are nice, but I liked the original ones too. I'm bored with the current selection. I just expected more of them up to all of the original tracks by now. I do hope for more tracks this year, but I think the sun is setting on GT7 now. Losing interest daily.

I'm very off and on with the game these days, but the main reason I would leave is that I would run out of content to do. The way I would maintain interest is by attaching some sort of project to my gameplay. These do take me away from people I would like to spend time with, so I end up playing the game very minimally.

Sport mode is not as appealing anymore. The marginal increase in fun does not justify the time spent to improve ranking/rating, even if the racing becomes cleaner. I tried making it more fun by selecting random cars (or my weak cars) every race. My highest chances of winning the race are from when my practice laps are within 0.5s of pole, so, for me, starting from pole pretty much always leads to a boring race.

Whenever I go on hiatus I go to other racing games, like Ride, World of Outlaws, ACC, etc.

Last edited:
Oh I forgot one of the reasons : being spit in the face by this flipping roulette each time before switching the console after a session

(and also the utterly annoying comments from Sarah in CE's)

Lack of original tracks. Real locations are nice, but I liked the original ones too. I'm bored with the current selection. I just expected more of them up to all of the original tracks by now. I do hope for more tracks this year, but I think the sun is setting on GT7 now. Losing interest daily.
I actually thought to myself the other day "would be nice to have grand valley back in GT7" then I remembered, we do, it's just so different it might as well be a different track entirely.

I started playing again a few months back, when there was a new grind method. Found out about the weekly challenges, time trials and i got hooked again
Same here...preordered the game even before I could score a PS5 but became disillusioned very quickly and left the game for a year.

Just sorta lost interest. Gameplay loop and grind has became tedious. I have all the cars I'm interested in but nothing to relate or bond with like previous games, which had cars I owned at the time or very close analogs. Not terribly interested in online and already have a VR setup via PC. Still interested in how the game may update or evolve and will fire it up from time to time but it really has been placed on the back burner.

I still do league racing and the odd daily but I don't race it much for the following reasons;

The races aren't races, they're time trials with rubber band opponents. The way they've adapted sophy is that it piggybacks off the rubber band AI, so while the racecraft is more lively, it still waits for you to pass before following closely. Sophy will fail unless the basic AI is overhauled, and given that sophy was cooked up in part because PD didn't think they needed to fix their own AI, I don't see them getting around that impasse.

My experience with upgrading cars is that it makes them handle worse than stock, meaning you just waste your credits.

The economy sucks, the goal of owning everything is terrible and there's no progression, it is a very bad game. If they wanted to, they could make challenges that rewarded you cars like the barker tourer which are cool but completely useless.

The roulette wheel is an absolute scourge, I don't want to be rewarded with waiting 30 seconds to win a crap prize. There's no anticipation, it is a chore.

Look at Rockstar Games, GTA online has been out for 10 years, they are constantly reinventing things, adding challenges, adding small prizes, offering big prizes for very difficult challenges - things that keep people playing the game. No way that happens if every prize was a spin of the roulette wheel.

The pieces are there for it to be a decent game even with the really bad AI, but noone in a position to influence the game cares about making a good racing game, they just want it to be a virtual marketplace where you buy credits so you can buy all the cars like a good consumer and make all the shareholders happier.

Really the biggest issue is that there's no progression after the first few hours. Even then that sucks and is filled with the laziest requirements like taking a photo of a car. There's no sense of career, There's no flagship races, truly outstanding that they achieved this total absence of progression while also hiding sport mode and tracks behind Level barriers at the same time.

Last edited:
I stopped for almost all of last year. I have always dedicated myself exclusively to Sport Mode. But it bored me a little due to the repetition of daily races and the bad faith of the players, which I think has increased in recent times.

I started playing again after the Daytona grind. The last update stimulated me a little with the weekly challenges. It's a way to earn some decent credits. To be honest, I had never competed in the World Circuit races, only the championships. But I confess that I'm already bored, looking forward to new circuits and racing cars, but without hope.

Last edited:
If anything is going to get me to bail on everything except good leagues and lobbies it'll be the continuing failed attempt to turn this game into a poor man's ACC. The complete ignoring of road cars and the players who champion them in favor of catering to streamers and esports by focusing solely on Gr3 and Gr4 every week is just so wrong. They have a terrible BoP so why they don't rotate more varied car variety and race styles through the weekly races is just a complete mystery.

Have all the cars, gold all the license tests and have my credits at max with some gift cars as savings in case I need money lol

I look at this as me "retiring" and just enjoy hot lapping from time to time since sport mode doesn't attract me. Another factor is that not enough career mode progression to make me come back.

Currently I'm just playing my backlog while occasionally turning on this game if I want to drive my favourite cars a bit or if another update has dropped.

Last edited:
I stopped playing because I have to go to work now. :scared: 7:59 AM ;)

I like working from home. Bluetooth headset inside my headphones and vr2 and I carry on playing throughout work day sometimes!

Feel annoyed when given work to do whilst at home sometimes. How dare they!

I sometimes use remote app on at my 3 screen pc setup to setup Praianos tunes if semi engaged doing work.

Football Manager perfect game for hybrid work/play solution though ;)

Last edited:
It all honestly became a vicious cycle:
•Turn the game on
•Play a Gr. 3 daily race until you reach the 26 mile mark
•Either barely make it into top five or crash out
•3-4 star roulette ticket
•Acquire a part/invitation you'll never use or 5,000-10,000 Cr.
•Rinse and Repeat

It's been either that or struggle to find a good road car that counts as competent in online PP races

I might get some backlash for saying this. Gran Turismo 7 will always be my favorite game, but NFS Unbound miiight be the game I always wanted.

I hated the progression, I went back to GT4
I played it yesterday and drove like I did when I first touched GT3 at seven years old, might just run B-Spec until I can warm back up to it somehow

Why did you stop playing GT 7?

It bores me.

And I was hopeful that the new events added with this update would bring me back and keep me interested...But all it did was making me check out the new cars, play some of the new modes and then signing off again.

Frankly, just like it was with GT Sport, I guess it's time I should finally convince myself that this game just isn't attractive for me.

I'm legit having more fun with The Crew Motorfest, even though that game has even less content than GT7, a rampant cheating problem in regards to PvP time trials, and the only live PvP racing mode is toxic as hell.

Maybe simulators just doesn't "do it" for me anymore? I guess

Back