Will GT7 Get Left behind when Forza Motorsports 8 hits the Market?

Will GT7 Get Left behind when Forza Motorsports 8 hits the Market?

• Yess

Votes: 95 19.2%
  • No

Votes: 349 70.4%
  • Not sure Comment below

Votes: 52 10.5%

• Total voters
That's whats putting me off buying one. It's very finnicky and just doesn't work with some games at all, or it works but some FFB effects are missing, or the FFB is numb etc. Think I'd get pissed off with it tbh. Might be better just to get a TX wheelbase because the rims are compatible anyway. It's not like I'll be playing a racing game on both systems at the same time. So i'd keep one base bolted to the Playseat for extended periods
That is exactly what I did except the other way around. When it does work its pretty good, but the FFB drop outs were a real pain in the ass. Especially when you're halfway through an online race. And like you said, the wheel rims are compatible with both bases anyways and a new wheel base is only a couple of hundo more than the drive hub. That way you get peace of mind and dont have to worry if your FFB is going to disappear.

💩💩💩

I don't know you, but seeing that you started using gtplanet barely one week after GT7's release and you already have more than 830 posts, most of them probably going in the same direction, I think I get why you feel so triggered by all of my posts... 😂
Relax, take another pooh and leave GT7 alone just for one day, there's many other games waiting for you outside! You can give it another chance once there will be more contents and most of the issues you had with it will get patched, or just never play it again, I don't think any of us here could care less! Have a great day, I'm out of this pointless discussion.

Last edited:
I don't know you, but seeing that you started using gtplanet barely one week after GT7's release and you already have more than 830 posts, most of them probably going in the same direction, I think I get why you feel so triggered by all of my posts... 😂
Relax, take another pooh and leave GT7 alone just for one day, there's many other games waiting for you outside! You can give it another chance once there will be more contents and most of the issues you had with it will get patched, or just never play it again, I don't think any of us here could care less! Have a great day, I'm out of this pointless discussion.
You typed out a paragraph over a poo reaction.

For now it looks like FM8 will be having no problem to GT7 leave behind easily.
The thing is that PD make it very easy for FM because GT7 is too empty of a Game.
Maybe PD will catch up until the release of the new FM8...But i doubt it !
As long as racecars feel like driving on ice , FM will never leave GT behind , but I am still hoping. Bought every Forza on Release. If nothing else it's always a good racing game and a lot of fun for a while.
GT isn't a sim either , but the racecars feel more similar to Assetto Corsa and iRacing to me.

Last edited:
Having played most GT games(owned PS1/2/3/4), also played every Forza(owned every Xbox from the OG Xbox)

I will give some points as I love racing games but I'm a gamepad player as I game from sofa to TV and I can't have a steering wheel set-up.

GT7 has the edge on experience only, Forza games handle/feel and play more fun, Forza has ruined a good experience with wheel spin prizes and focused too much on cosmetic driver outfits.

But overall I prefer playing Forza Motorsport 7 over GT7 so when FM(8/next one) lands I think it will make me hardly turn my PlayStation on.

GT on gamepad feels very disconnected like driving a car with electronic steering over the slightly older hydraulic steering which is Forza, or another way to explain it is GT7 feels like a Honda Accord estate light with no feel to drive vs Forza being an Alfa Romeo Giulietta feels connected.
Can't comment on steering wheel experience but for what I can see people prefer GT with wheel that's probably due to how disconnected it feels with gamepad.
Forza Motorsport 6 felt better with gamepad than gt7 does.

I play games as I enjoy games I don't care the system they are on.

Last edited:
fm 23 will not leave gt7 behind, their will always be advantages and disadvantages with both, fm7 never did it for me i like gt7 much more, but i think fm 23 releasing might be good thing so both can push each other to keep improving, gt7 has not had any rivals in almost 1,5 years its been out, grid released at same time but that dosen’t hold candle to gt7, i barely heard anyone talking about that game,

Last edited:
GT on gamepad feels very disconnected like driving a car with electronic steering over the slightly older hydraulic steering which is Forza, or another way to explain it is GT7 feels like a Honda Accord estate light with no feel to drive vs Forza being an Alfa Romeo Giulietta feels connected.
Would you like to explain more? Xbox controller has only a basic vibration function while PS5 controller is rich of haptic feedback. This alone takes GT7 several generations ahead of Forza when it comes to feeling of being connected. No?

Or, are you talking strictly only about how loose PS7 controller stalk feels while Xbox controller stalk is firmer?

Last edited:
Would you like to explain more? Xbox controller has only a basic vibration function while PS5 controller is rich of haptic feedback. This alone takes GT7 several generations ahead of Forza when it comes to feeling of being connected. No?

Or, are you talking strictly only about how loose PS7 controller stalk feels while Xbox controller stalk is firmer?
Seems like they're talking about steering, rather than road/vehicle feedback via vibrations considering that is what is specifically mentioned. If Forza is as good as it is with its vibrations, with it giving pretty good feedback of your car per each trigger, then I kind of want to get my hands on a PS5 controller for PC gaming. They're PC compatible right? Does that haptic feedback transfer over to PC as well or is that strictly a PS5 feature?

Last edited:

No Xbox gamepads have had haptic feedback since Xbox one era there are even trigger rumble motors as well as the regular two rumble grip section motors (impulse triggers), just many games don't use it however Forza does use it.
It doesn't have dynamic adaptive triggers like the ps5.
The only difference between Xbox one gamepad and ps5 gamepad is the triggers on ps5 pad push back, but all the haptics are there in the Xbox pads.
Xbox one controller was way ahead of it's time between the PS4/360 era gamepads and the amazing ps5 gamepad(in terms of it's tech)
The impulse triggers of the Xbox Wireless Controller are two independent rumble motors located within each of the triggers, allowing developers to selectively vibrate the trigger when the player is performing an action that warrants such feedback, such as firing a gun or charging an attack. Or when in use on a racing game when a tyre starts to spin or slide.

I'm comparing PS4 GT7 Vs Xbox one Forza Motorsport 7. Even tho both are also on the more advanced systems.

Seems like they're talking about steering, rather than road/vehicle feedback via vibrations considering that is what is specifically mentioned. If Forza is as good as it is with its vibrations, with it giving pretty good feedback of your car per each trigger, then I kind of want to get my hands on a PS5 controller for PC gaming. They're PC compatible right? Does that haptic feedback transfer over to PC as well or is that strictly a PS5 feature?
No, Forza on PC won't support ps5 dynamic triggers I'm unsure if it would even support it's haptic triggers.
Btw read my latest message prior to this. As the Xbox one/series gamepads have haptic feedback triggers, they just don't have dynamic pushback. The other guy was incorrect on his assumption about Xbox gamepads.
Your best bet for Forza on PC will be the series era Xbox pads I suggest the elite or the new hall effect gamepad(never have stick drift). Or go steering wheel for PC as it's at a desk.

Last edited:
No, Forza on PC won't support ps5 dynamic triggers I'm unsure if it would even support it's haptic triggers.
Btw read my latest message prior to this. As the Xbox one/series gamepads have haptic feedback triggers, they just don't have dynamic pushback. The other guy was incorrect on his assumption about Xbox gamepads.
Your best bet for Forza on PC will be the series era Xbox pads I suggest the elite or the new hall effect gamepad(never have stick drift). Or go steering wheel for PC as it's at a desk.
Gotcha, makes sense then. I do know that haptic feedback has been available in Xbox for some time now, just curious as it always seems to get massively downplayed here for one reason or another. I do have 2 Series controllers so I'll likely just stick to that.

I'd like a steering wheel set up, but I just have a bad habit of spending way too much money on my real car so it never actually comes to fruition.

Gotcha, makes sense then. I do know that haptic feedback has been available in Xbox for some time now, just curious as it always seems to get massively downplayed here for one reason or another. I do have 2 Series controllers so I'll likely just stick to that.

I'd like a steering wheel set up, but I just have a bad habit of spending way too much money on my real car so it never actually comes to fruition.
I purchased a PS4 pro just for Gran Turismo 7 lol, I now also have knowledge is power games too.
Couldn't justify buying a ps5 for one game.

Didn't know the rumbles of the PS4 pads were so weak tho less than 360 pad era rumbles.

But even without gamepad rumble as I have often had my Xbox pads run low on power and the rumble turns off the car still feels connected, I use headphones for sound and GT7 doesn't seem to handle the tyre traction sounds as well either.
So putting the less precise sound with the PS4 gamepad it feels disconnected mainly needing to take visual instances of slip(normally too late).

I tune cars on Forza mainly by feel, brake testing and cornering to get excellent balance even to the point of no ABS without lockups.

I can't tune gt7 cars from feel.

Btw I drive with no assists on Forza, I drive with no assists bar ABS on GT7.

Last edited:
A great choice. You'll never reach the same level of immersion with any game/wheel combo.

Grinding takes on a whole different meaning when the results are tangible, and the physics and FFB are sublime. :bowdown:

;)

A great choice. You'll never reach the same level of immersion with any game/wheel combo.

Grinding takes on a whole different meaning when the results are tangible, and the physics and FFB are sublime. :bowdown:

;)
It's a goal to get one, that's for sure! I just need to get some self-discipline on my part first! :lol:

In terms of having good things to do in single player it may well leave GT behind.

Perhaps though F8 won't be that impressive overall when it actually lands, there's always been a big expectation the next one will be it with a big corp like MS behind but so far it's been a lot of old models and rehashed serviceable feeling to each game. GT has a high quality bar in production but for some unknown reason they don't want to explore single player events, championships and provide comparative cars to race. Thing is most people don't play online and we're left with a very mismatched car catalogue to pass a few minutes and then switching it off with MTX lurking around the corner to save on a boring grindathon, Predatory Digital.

bd1.jpg

Never Vader!!

I’ll definitely get FM8 but it doesn’t have VR so it cannot replace GT7 for me. I still play FH5 every week when the new car and challenges become available and have fun but it feels like an entirely different genre of game compared to GT7 with VR. I wish GT7 had the car list and more importantly the upgrades that FH5 has but PD works in slow motion (and secret) compared to the Forza devs, although FM8 was supposed to be released by now… The PS5 controller is much better than the Xbox so it has that advantage. I miss the trigger feedback when I use my pedals. It’s kind of nuts how useful the haptic feedback is for racing to be honest.

I bought a PS5 for GT7, ****ing regret it. Thanks to PD dropping the ball with GT5 back in 2010, I bought an x360 JUST for FM4. I hope FM8 kicks GT7's ass so bad they make a drastic change like force Kaz to retire. because something has to change with that franchise.

We dont know what FM8 has in store, but if it becomes a stellar game, I'll probably sell my PS5. No need for it since I have a SX and several PC rigs. lol

I bought a PS5 for GT7, ****ing regret it. Thanks to PD dropping the ball with GT5 back in 2010, I bought an x360 JUST for FM4. I hope FM8 kicks GT7's ass so bad they make a drastic change like force Kaz to retire. because something has to change with that franchise.

We dont know what FM8 has in store, but if it becomes a stellar game, I'll probably sell my PS5. No need for it since I have a SX and several PC rigs. lol
#metoo🙏

If Forza8 turns out good and popular which looks unlikely from the videos shown so far, it will result in better GT8 I think. Having said that they should look at PC sims especially Pcars2 but sadly those are not too popular.

If Forza8 turns out good and popular which looks unlikely from the videos shown so far, it will result in better GT8 I think. Having said that they should look at PC sims especially Pcars2 but sadly those are not too popular.
To me it already looks better. GT7 looks meh and honestly whats holding it back is PS5 hardware. Thats why playing these racing games on a high end pc rig is king. FM7 on a high end pc rig looks better than GT7 on PS5. I play both games on a LG oled 120hz gaming baby!

Gran Turismo left Forza behind years ago. At the end of the day, PD has some of the very best game developers in the world, and it’s enormously evident that those people are super dedicated, and their love and reverence for the game is obvious from the get -go.

So far i remain unimpressed with the new forza motorsport wil not even buy it day one, i am even more hyped for crew motorfest, it wont leave gt7 behind, those that think that lives under a rock, but it might push pd to improve some things if they have some rivals

In terms of having good things to do in single player it may well leave GT behind.

Perhaps though F8 won't be that impressive overall when it actually lands, there's always been a big expectation the next one will be it with a big corp like MS behind but so far it's been a lot of old models and rehashed serviceable feeling to each game. GT has a high quality bar in production but for some unknown reason they don't want to explore single player events, championships and provide comparative cars to race. Thing is most people don't play online and we're left with a very mismatched car catalogue to pass a few minutes and then switching it off with MTX lurking around the corner to save on a boring grindathon, Predatory Digital.
Loads play Forza online.
Plus when not online the ai replicates your friends style of driving, the AI on Forza is many generations better.

The world map, used cars, engine age and such are better on GT7.

Get both game's 😉

Loads play Forza online.
Plus when not online the ai replicates your friends style of driving, the AI on Forza is many generations better.

The world map, used cars, engine age and such are better on GT7.

Get both game's 😉
I used to ;)

Forza will never replace GT because they are exclusives to their own consoles.

The amount of people who have both consoles is a disgustingly low % that makes it pretty much irrelevant.

I bought a PS5 for GT7, ****ing regret it.

I know that feeling. But at least God of War and Forbbiden West made up for it. And in the future, the new Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater remake will too.

Of course if your focus is only racing games, yeah, that's a hard pill to swallow.

It's fair to say the reception to the next Forza Motorsport has been fairly underwhelming. It doesn't appear to be the next-gen leap some where anticipating. They haven't dug deep into the simulation aspects hardcore players wanted while the wider Xbox community have moved onto the Forza Horizon series. It leaves the title in somewhat of a no mans land.

I'm sure it will be a fine game, but it's not something I anticipate buying a Series X or PC for. At least based on what they've shown upto this point. GT7 has a number of areas where it's lacking, but it still delivers enough that I play on a daily basis. I'll be content with another 12-18 months of support, then I'll be all in on GT8 and PS5 Pro. That's when I anticipate a substantial leap in graphical quality with the horsepower to deliver the long promised (high quality) RT support and utilisation of the SSD.

Last edited:
Back