Will GT7 Get Left behind when Forza Motorsports 8 hits the Market?

Will GT7 Get Left behind when Forza Motorsports 8 hits the Market?

• Yess

Votes: 95 19.2%
  • No

Votes: 349 70.4%
  • Not sure Comment below

Votes: 52 10.5%

• Total voters
It's fair to say the reception to the next Forza Motorsport has been fairly underwhelming. It doesn't appear to be the next-gen leap some where anticipating. They haven't dug deep into the simulation aspects hardcore players wanted while the wider Xbox community have moved onto the Forza Horizon series. It leaves the title in somewhat of a no mans land.

I'm sure it will be a fine game, but it's not something I anticipate buying a Series X or PC for. At least based on what they've shown upto this point. GT7 has a number of areas where it's lacking, but it still delivers enough that I play on a daily basis. I'll be content with another 12-18 months of support, then I'll be all in on GT8 and PS5 Pro. That's when I anticipate a substantial leap in graphical quality with the horsepower to deliver the long promised (high quality) RT support and utilisation of the SSD.
GT8 is a pipe dream, I wouldnt be surprised if kaz and pd wasted time with more bs GTR and Miata variations and release that game on PS6.

Forza will never replace GT because they are exclusives to their own consoles.

The amount of people who have both consoles is a disgustingly low % that makes it pretty much irrelevant.

I know that feeling. But at least God of War and Forbbiden West made up for it. And in the future, the new Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater remake will too.

Of course if your focus is only racing games, yeah, that's a hard pill to swallow.
Sadly, neither of those games interested me. I got tired of GoW after the 3rd one.

Last edited:
kjb
I think this discussion would be more relevant if both games were on the same system. FM8 looks to very good but I'm not going to buy a Series X for it.
Buy series S and Gamepass. It's an amazing combo if you don't mind the drop in graphics.
FM8 is day one on Gamepass

Last edited:
In terms of having good things to do in single player it may well leave GT behind.

Perhaps though F8 won't be that impressive overall when it actually lands, there's always been a big expectation the next one will be it with a big corp like MS behind but so far it's been a lot of old models and rehashed serviceable feeling to each game. GT has a high quality bar in production but for some unknown reason they don't want to explore single player events, championships and provide comparative cars to race. Thing is most people don't play online and we're left with a very mismatched car catalogue to pass a few minutes and then switching it off with MTX lurking around the corner to save on a boring grindathon, Predatory Digital.
PD used cars from 2004's GT4 in 2013's GT6, GT is the king of rehash. Its pretty bad when you think about it, most of the cars in GT7 are from 2017's GT Sport. Rehashed cars from 5 years ago, some brands like Mclaren haven't gotten an update since 2016. PD will add another variation of a car already in game like 5x over before adding new content, especially content from Europe or American brands. The bias is too strong to NOT ignore. Like c'mon, we dont need another ****ing GTR/miata/supra, we have 5 of each model already represented. I like how the most recent Tesla is from 2012 too. Also, kinda crazy how Acura isn't there, oh yea, because they're made in America. LOL

Forza is even worse when it comes to recycling content, they are still recycling old x360 assets even for the new forza motorsport, in gt7 ar least you dont have car models that are 2-3 gen old, and i am sure they bring new cars to series will only be in paid car pass once its over and they are giving out free cars, it will be 80% of same models already part in fm7

Forza is even worse when it comes to recycling content, they are still recycling old x360 assets even for the new forza motorsport, in gt7 ar least you dont have car models that are 2-3 gen old, and i am sure they bring new cars to series will only be in paid car pass once its over and they are giving out free cars, it will be 80% of same models already part in fm7
People keep regurgitating this, can you provide pictures, one of the x360 and one in FM7. Does it have interior too? Because those standard cars from GT4 do not have interior in GT6.

It's a huge undertaking to remodel the cars, would you want to wait ten ISH years for them to model all new cars for either game, plus they would go out of business as they would need to pay staff while not selling a product.

I have a Series S and a PS5, so I will be playing both.
I have series X and PS4. Same boat playing both, Gamepass day one for FM I can't wait until October.
Having fun with GT7 but it does have flaws.

I have series X and PS4. Same boat playing both, Gamepass day one for FM I can't wait until October.
Having fun with GT7 but it does have flaws.
I was going to go the PS4 route because I skipped that gen, I figured get a ps4 pro, add an ssd. After I totaled that it, I was like, PS5 makes more sense, better graphics and faster. Looks like going the PS4 route would have saved me money tho.

GT8 is a pipe dream, I wouldnt be surprised if kaz and pd wasted time with more bs GTR and Miata variations and release that game on PS6.
I am going to put out as an optimistic a theory I can muster. What if GT8 will be the launch day system seller for the PS5 Pro? It would be exclusive to the PS5 and PS5 Pro, of course.

I'm not saying I believe this will happen; I've given up on trying to read PD's mind.

Some seem to believe Gran Turismo exists in it's own ecosystem rather than thinking logically about how the franchise fits into Sony's wider plans. GT7 was a key title for PS5's launch window and one of the flagship titles for PSVR2. Likewise Gran Tursimo will be one of the tech demo titles for PS5 Pro. Whether that's with a PS5/PS5 Pro version of GT7 or GT8 is yet to be seen.

Either way, I think it's fair to say FM hasn't been the tech leap many where hoping for after such a long break. The promise of building everything from the ground-up clearly hasn't come to fruition. Missing features are another indicator this title is coming in hot.

Some seem to believe Gran Turismo exists in it's own ecosystem rather than thinking logically about how the franchise fits into Sony's wider plans. GT7 was a key title for PS5's launch window and one of the flagship titles for PSVR2. Likewise Gran Tursimo will be one of the tech demo titles for PS5 Pro. Whether that's with a PS5/PS5 Pro version of GT7 or GT8 is yet to be seen.

Either way, I think it's fair to say FM hasn't been the tech leap many where hoping for after such a long break. The promise of building everything from the ground-up clearly hasn't come to fruition. Missing features are another indicator this title is coming in hot.
Isn't a tech leap? How about running FM7 at 120+ FPS at 4k and being able to do the same in FM(2023)? How about actual competent AI to race against? How about having a myriad of wheel settings and settings in general compared to GT7? FM already has what's looking like a way more competent and motorsports centered career mode that will put some middle aged man in a cafe with menu books to shame. I already like a lot more of what FM7 does than GT7 and FM7 is considered old now.
What is this tech leap that is supposed to happen? What is a tech leap anyways? What if they don't build every little thing from the ground up but yet it's still a fun and more importantly, a better experience than GT7? Quite frankly, it wouldn't take much for FM to make this coming title more enjoyable than GT7, whether GT7 is supposedly some tech demo or flagship of whatever. The fact that it's already on PC is a huge selling point to some of us.

I was going to go the PS4 route because I skipped that gen, I figured get a ps4 pro, add an ssd. After I totaled that it, I was like, PS5 makes more sense, better graphics and faster. Looks like going the PS4 route would have saved me money tho.
Yeah when I say PS4 I actually mean PS4 pro lol. I think I need to give it a clean and new thermal paste soon tho as it sounds like a 747.

Isn't a tech leap? How about running FM7 at 120+ FPS at 4k and being able to do the same in FM(2023)? How about actual competent AI to race against? How about having a myriad of wheel settings and settings in general compared to GT7? FM already has what's looking like a way more competent and motorsports centered career mode that will put some middle aged man in a cafe with menu books to shame. I already like a lot more of what FM7 does than GT7 and FM7 is considered old now.
What is this tech leap that is supposed to happen? What is a tech leap anyways? What if they don't build every little thing from the ground up but yet it's still a fun and more importantly, a better experience than GT7? Quite frankly, it wouldn't take much for FM to make this coming title more enjoyable than GT7, whether GT7 is supposedly some tech demo or flagship of whatever. The fact that it's already on PC is a huge selling point to some of us.
The suspension/tire modelling they showed off recently already feels like a leap ahead of FM7 at the very least. That plus dynamic TOD and weather on all tracks.

images

Look at that man. Do you think he cares about other racing franchises?

I think we know that Acura is a division of Honda. However they are made here in the States for the most part and not in Japan with most of the manufacturing done in Ohio. Maybe that's where the discrepancy came from.
You are right for the most part, but PD is Japan and i dont know why @jergto thinks PD hase to implement the American devision of Honda into GT, makes no sense and at the end we had from each car 2 similar versions.
Is the same like Uk Vauxhaul and German Opel, both are the same cars with diffrent names.

Last edited:
Back