Will GT7 Get Left behind when Forza Motorsports 8 hits the Market?

Will GT7 Get Left behind when Forza Motorsports 8 hits the Market?

• Yess

Votes: 95 19.2%
  • No

Votes: 349 70.4%
  • Not sure Comment below

Votes: 52 10.5%

• Total voters
You made the statement bud, thats why people laughed at the you sure about that meme. Know wtf you are talking about before regurgitating what google search tells you.
Who cares except for you? You are the one who get mad at a Japanese developer who named a japanese car by its original name.

They say that FM8 doesn't matter to Sony, because Xbox and PS5 are different platforms and the audience is different.

This thesis is very superficial. It takes into account only a materialistic and simplistic view of business.

Sony and Mic are fighting not only for immediate incomes, but also for the conquest of the popular imagination. The Playstation and Xbox brands need to achieve a hegemony of collective thinking, in such a way that everything associated with games, in this case racing games, the average man needs to associate his thinking, even if involuntarily, with the Playstation or Xbox brand.

That said, even if FM8 is from another platform, Sony should be concerned about the effect that the Mic game can have on console racing games.

In the current and fierce conjuncture of console wars, in which both companies fight for their hegemony, it is inevitable that FM8 and Gt7 will have each other as a reference for comparison.

As one is more praised than the other, the gradual tendency is for one to diminish the other's commercial influence zone.

I don't know if FM8 will do any commercial damage to the Gran Turismo brand. I don't know if the graphics will be better (I find it difficult), but I certainly believe that in terms of content, FM8 will finish ahead of GT7, when we talk about the number of cars and tracks. But I don't know if FM8 will surpass GT7's online service and gameplay.

I think Assetto Corsa 2, which comes out next year, might do some damage to the narrative according to which "Gran Turismo" is the consoles' premier racing game.

Last edited:
They say that FM8 doesn't matter to Sony, because Xbox and PS5 are different platforms and the audience is different.

This thesis is very superficial. It takes into account only a materialistic and simplistic view of business.

Sony and Mic are fighting not only for financial figures, but also for the conquest of the popular imagination. The Playstation and Xbox brands need to achieve a hegemony of collective thinking, in such a way that everything associated with games, in this case racing games, the average man needs to associate his thinking, even if involuntarily, with the Playstation or Xbox brand.

That said, even if FM8 is from another platform, Sony should be concerned about the effect that the Mic game can have on console racing games.

In the current and fierce conjuncture of console wars, in which both companies fight for their hegemony, it is inevitable that FM8 and Gt7 will have each other as a reference for comparison.

As one is more praised than the other, the gradual tendency is for one to diminish the other's commercial influence zone.

I don't know if FM8 will do any commercial damage to the Gran Turismo brand. I don't know if the graphics will be better (I find it difficult), but I certainly believe that in terms of content, FM8 will finish ahead of GT7, when we talk about the number of cars and tracks. But I don't know if FM8 will surpass GT7's online service and gameplay.

I think Assetto Corsa 2, which comes out next year, might do some damage to the narrative according to which "Gran Turismo" is the consoles' premier racing game.
I think in general regard competition in good, it gives consumers both of the best products.

But at the same time I can't seem to imagine how Kazunori Yamauchi acknowledges anything related to gaming anymore as of late, making most pathetic career event known to date and blabbering about "car-culture", while games such as crew: motorfest do much better job at that.

At the same time comprasions are undoubtly will showcase us a winner of console simcade racer, be it graphics, physics, car list (oops, 60 cars in gt7 are nonsense), career mode in already in Forza hands, track environment and etc

The difference is the not randomly chosen almost identical brand logo ;D
1690228254050.png

But it shows why Honda went this way: Honda was always thought of as the "reliable non sports car brand" to all who dont know the NSX, and Honda was well aware of this fact. Instead of fightint an uphill battle of recognition, you simply create a sub-company and then do business.

The difference is the not randomly chosen almost identical brand logo ;D
View attachment 1275026

But it shows why Honda went this way: Honda was always thought of as the "reliable non sports car brand" to all who dont know the NSX, and Honda was well aware of this fact. Instead of fightint an uphill battle of recognition, you simply create a sub-company and then do business.
I know that but @jergto dont get it 🤣

Last edited:
Tell me the diffrent between both cars
IMG_8022.jpeg
IMG_8023.jpeg
The one on the right is real, the one on the left is a mockup of a "Type R" model which was never produced.

I honestly don't know what the rest of your argument is. Acura is more than just rebadged Hondas; in fact your chosen example of the second-generation NSX is the exact opposite of that - it was designed, developed, and built by Acura, and it's the Honda version that is rebadged.

However it also produces its own distinct models - such as the TLX which has no Honda equivalent - and, crucially, Acura has appeared in GT games separately from Honda before, so this weird supposition that PD won't do it because Japan is just flat wrong.

The one on the right is real, the one on the left is a mockup of a "Type R" model which was never produced.

I honestly don't know what the rest of your argument is. Acura is more than just rebadged Hondas; in fact your chosen example of the second-generation NSX is the exact opposite of that - it was designed, developed, and built by Acura, and it's the Honda version that is rebadged.

However it also produces its own distinct models - such as the TLX which has no Honda equivalent - and, crucially, Acura has appeared in GT games separately from Honda before, so this weird supposition that PD won't do it because Japan is just flat wrong.
But the point is that Honda stands behind. The new NSX is developed by Honda and Acura and made in ohio. For sure there are specific cars they get only released in specific countrys. But there is no need for PD to implement them because double and triple version are not needed. And for one car there is no need to go that way. Especialy when pd dosnt make an event for the one car.
And yes Acura was in the latest version but this was also the time where the most are yelling it was to much.

Only in that guy's tiny brain that it should be one brand despite it being separate brands from GT4-GT6.

One thing to point out when he commented that every Acura is built in Japan, he didnt know the NSX and ITS are made in America. @racinglei, you sure about that? :dunce:

But the point is that Honda stands behind.
Cool. Wait until you learn about how many car brands are owned by other car brands. Volkswagen AG "stands behind" Audi, Bentley, Lamborghini, SEAT, Skoda, and Volkswagen; it's not especially meaningful.
The new NSX is developed by Honda and Acura and made in ohio.
I think we established I know about where the NSX was developed and built.
But there is no need for PD to implement them because double and triple version are not needed.
And that's had literally zero bearing on what actually happens across GT's history. Even the current game has two extremely similar versions of the same car in several places where you'd need some decent knowledge to know what the differences are. Including the Subaru BRZ/Toyota GT86, which is built in the same place by Subaru.

But PD has recognised Acura and Honda as different brands before and I don't know why you'd think this means it won't or shouldn't again.

Only in that guy's tiny brain that it should be one brand despite it being separate brands from GT4-GT6.

One thing to point out when he commented that every Acura is built in Japan, he didnt know the NSX and ITS are made in America. @racinglei, you sure about that? :dunce:
Have you read my post. I know that the nsx is made in the us. But it makes no sense to put Acura on it.
Youre signature is cut, it must hit you hard.

@Famine

Yes but both are diffrent brands and subaru and toyota share the same platform. I know that.

Last edited:
Forza Will launch with simular amount of cars maybe a tad bit more than gt7 but much less tracks witch going to be boring if they dont update that list quickly

Yes but both are diffrent brands and subaru and toyota share the same platform. I know that.
And Acura and Honda are different brands.

If you, for some reason, think it's different because they share a parent company, allow me to introduce you to Nissan and Infiniti - both also in previous GT games. Or Genesis, Hyundai, and Kia, two of which were in previous (and current) GT games with a car that was literally sold under one brand and then the other without any particular changes.

Or, since you like bringing up Vauxhall and Opel, how about Peugeot, Citroen, Alfa Romeo, FIAT, Lancia, Maserati, Abarth, DS, and Jeep? Again, several of these have been in many GT games - and again one is featured in the game as it was under one brand but sold under another without any changes, but actually incorrectly in the game.

GT is demonstrably not doing what you say it is/should... so what actually is your argument here?

And Acura and Honda are different brands.

If you, for some reason, think it's different because they share a parent company, allow me to introduce you to Nissan and Infiniti - both also in previous GT games. Or Genesis, Hyundai, and Kia, two of which were in previous (and current) GT games with a car that was literally sold under one brand and then the other without any particular changes.

Or, since you like bringing up Vauxhall and Opel, how about Peugeot, Citroen, Alfa Romeo, FIAT, Lancia, Maserati, Abarth, DS, and Jeep? Again, several of these have been in many GT games - and again one is featured in the game as it was under one brand but sold under another without any changes, but actually incorrectly in the game.

GT is demonstrably not doing what you say it is/should... so what actually is your argument here?
Holy, subaru and toyota are diffrent brands not acura and honda.
And i dont say they should do so, i dont care. @jergto he is blaming pd not to do so.

Last edited:
Holy, subaru and toyota are diffrent brands not acura and honda.
And i dont say they should do so, i dont care. @jergto he is blaming pd not to do so.
Honda and Acura literally are different brands, they both manufacture cars which share platforms and they also both manufature cars unique to each brand. I don't understand what is so hard for you to grasp here? That they're both owned by the same parent company is completely moot. They are, by themselves different brands to one another, i.e. seperate entities. Different companies. Different brands.

Last edited:
What exactly is incorrect that subaru and toyota are diffrent brands and honda and acura not. Without honda no acura
Honda and Acura are different brands.

So are Toyota and Subaru, but without Subaru no Toyota GT86. Toyota and Daihatsu are different brands, but without Toyota no Daihatsu; don't see you whining about the Copen in GT7 though.

And then all the other examples in my post that you completely ignored. Citroen/DS (also the other dozen related brands) is particularly notable in GT7 because the one DS in the game is not only not a DS at all - it's a Citroen DS3 - but predates the calving of DS from Citroen. Also Genesis and Hyundai, which started with a car literally called "Hyundai Genesis"... No Citroen/Hyundai, no DS/Genesis.

Last edited:
And i dont say they should do so, i dont care.
You care so little that this insane conversation started two pages ago and now you're arguing with multiple people about it.

@jergto he is blaming pd not to do so.
Actually, he was making that old joke that because Acura is an American brand (which it is) PD have wholly neglected it in comparison to Japanese Domestic Market brands; in spite of the fact that Acura has their own engineering departments and were mostly responsible for designing Honda's most recent flagship car and arguably should have been featured in the franchise as such.

Last edited:
Honda and Acura literally are different brands, they both manufacture cars which share platforms and they also both manufature cars unique to each brand. I don't understand what is so hard for you to grasp here? That they're both owned by the same parent company is completely moot. They are, by themselves different brands to one another, i.e. seperate entities. Different companies. Different brands.
Only because acura made one specific car doesnt mean they are seperate brand.

@Famine
Yes i know that without subaru brz no toyota 86 but they are diffrent brands.

But without Honda ,Acura as a company wouldnt exist
Thats two seperate things.

@Tornado
I know it went wilde 🤣
But it is what it is

Last edited:

@Famine
Yes i know that without subaru brz no toyota 86 but they are diffrent brands.

But without Honda ,Acura as a company wouldnt exist
Thats two seperate things.

@Tornado
I know it went wilde 🤣
But it is what it is
You're choosing a strange hill to die on here. Do you understand what a brand is or what the term means? The simple fact the cars are named, trimmed and marketed differently identifies them as different brands, each with thier own distinct name, logo, marketing, company and so on.

Your argument falls flat on both fronts, they aren't the same company as they are literally two different registered companies, one based in the US the other based in Japan regardless of who owns the shares and the cars and companies are branded differently to one another.

I don't know if you're confusing terminology here, though I dissagree with you in every other possible way I can guess you mean by the term "brand".

Just because one company owns the other doesn't mean they are the same company or brand, they are legally and difinitively seperate entities. Do you know how many platforms are shared between Peugeot and Citroen under Stellantis?

Trust me, I'm an accountant :lol: .

Last edited:
Acura was making cars with no Honda equivalent 20 years before they developed the second generation NSX for Honda to rebadge after the fact. One of them was even in Gran Turismo for 5 games.

Last edited:
You're choosing a strange hill to die on here. Do you understand what a brand is or what the term means? The simple fact the cars are named, trimmed and marketed differently identifies them as different brands, each with thier own distinct name, logo, marketing, company and so on.

Your argument falls flat on both fronts, they aren't the same company as they are literally two different registered companies, one based in the US the other based in Japan regardless of who owns the shares and the cars and companies are branded differently to one another.

I don;t know if you're confusing terminology here, though I dissagree with you in every other possible way I can guess you mean by the term "brand".

Trust me, I'm an accountant :lol: .
Did i miss something? Would Acura exist without Honda? I dont think so. I know that both seperate from each other but it doesnt make sense to implement them because one specific car is made for the us market.

We had Acura in the past and in the past they was the same car but diffrent named and that results in to many cars who noone needed.

But i end this here because it will never end.

Did i miss something? Would Acura exist without Honda?
So they should remove Bugatti from the franchise, then?

I know that both seperate from each other but it doesnt make sense to implement them because one specific car is made for the us market.
Now that the NSX is gone again (and, again, Acura were the ones who developed that to begin with) and the Legend has been discontinued worldwide, none of Acura's current lineup has a Honda equivalent rebadge sold in Japan. They are all exclusive to the US market, and most of them were even designed (and all of them are built) in the US by Acura themselves.

Yes, that even means the new Integra.
We had Acura in the past and in the past they was the same car but diffrent named and that results in to many cars who noone needed.
The USDM Acura Integra Type R wasn't the same thing as a JDM Honda Integra Type R. The Acura CL wasn't even a car that existed in Japan.

Last edited:
The USDM Acura Integra Type R wasn't the same thing as a JDM Honda Integra Type R
They where diffrent for the lights, bumper and interior but the baseline is the same.
And yes i get it that there are some models there are not released for the japanese market but still no need to implement them because one where yelling at PD for it.

And why you came up with bugatti?

Last edited:
Did i miss something? Would Acura exist without Honda? I dont think so. I know that both seperate from each other but it doesnt make sense to implement them because one specific car is made for the us market.

But i end this here because it will never end.
Yes, you've missed a lot apparently.

The first correct thing you've acknowledged is that you know they are both seperate, therefore you admit you were incorrect when you claimed "honda and acura are not" different brands. They cannot be both seperate and not be different brands.

Also, where are you getting this one different car from? And what is the basis, are you clamining Acura only make one different car to Honda or Honda to Acura? This is factually not the case either way. They've made plenty of different models to one another for long enough.

That Acura wouldn't exist without Honda is moot, that is not a factor in determining if two seperate companies are the same company or brand. But then you've also confirmed you now accept they are different brands, so this debate is proving to be a right whirlwind.

You are perfectly free to hold a personal opnion that it would be a waste of resources to include both brands becuase you feel most of the cars are too similar. That opinion is fine, however it can only ever be you're personal opinion on the matter as the series has, as you have acknowledged, included both brands plenty of times.

You cannot claim that they are the same brand when they factually are not or that they only have one unique vehicle between them when they don't or that because PD are a Japanese developer it makes no sense for them to do something that they've done since GT2.

Those are not opinions, they're just wrong on a factual level. But you can dislike the idea of including both brands, just don't dig a grave for yourself by making stuff up along the way next time.

So if Honda and Acura are the same thing, does that mean X and Twitter are too?

:crazy:
science fiction mind blown GIF by FilmStruck

Last edited:
Yes, you've missed a lot apparently.

The first correct thing you've acknowledged is that you know they are both seperate, therefore you admit you were incorrect when you claimed "honda and acura are not" different brands. They cannot be both seperate and not be different brands.

Also, where are you getting this one different car from? And what is the basis, are you clamining Acura only make one different car to Honda or Honda to Acura? This is factually not the case either way. They've made plenty of different models to one another for long enough.

That Acura wouldn't exist without Honda is moot, that is not a factor in determining if two seperate companies are the same company or brand. But then you've also confirmed you now accept they are different brands, so this debate is proving to be a right whirlwind.

You are perfectly free to hold a personal opnion that it would be a waste of resources to include both brands becuase you feel most of the cars are too similar. That opinion is fine, however it can only ever be you're personal opinion on the matter as the series has, as you have acknowledged, included both brands plenty of times.

You cannot claim that they are the same brand when they factually are not or that they only have one unique vehicle between them when they don't or that because PD are a Japanese developer it makes no sense for them to do something that they've done since GT2.

Those are not opinions, they're just wrong on a factual level. But you can dislike the idea of including both brands, just don't dig a grave for yourself by making stuff up along the way next time.

science fiction mind blown GIF by FilmStruck
I wasnt the one who sayed pd should,
It was my opinion Pd dont have to.

Last edited:
Back