Will GT7 Get Left behind when Forza Motorsports 8 hits the Market?

Will GT7 Get Left behind when Forza Motorsports 8 hits the Market?

• Yess

Votes: 95 19.2%
  • No

Votes: 349 70.4%
  • Not sure Comment below

Votes: 52 10.5%

• Total voters
GT7 is a fantastic racing game that definitely falls short in certains areas. However the fact that entire game is available in VR and looks/plays great will always make it a better choice than playing on flat screen.
I don't disagree but before it's a VR game, it's a racing game first and foremost. As it pertains to racing and the underlying systems that allow racing, GT7 can be bested by Forza, ACC, ACC2 or whatever else may release in the future.

When forza do a full vr like gt7 does let me know.
Just because a different game doesn't do it shouldn't be a reason to not want it at the same consistent level throughout in a completely different game.

the vr showroom where you can go and look around car its insane to say at least, it feels like walking around car like real life
Sounds like ForzaVista with the added benefit of seeing it through VR, but the removed benefit of not seeing the detailed engine compartments and interiors of a full vehicle. With how PD apparently goes into details with their cars, I'm surprised that hasn't happened yet. Would be the best of both worlds.

Last edited:
Just because a different game doesn't do it shouldn't be a reason to not want it at the same consistent level throughout in a completely different game.

Sounds like ForzaVista with the added benefit of seeing it through VR, but the removed benefit of not seeing the detailed engine compartments and interiors of a full vehicle. With how PD apparently goes into details with their cars, I'm surprised that hasn't happened yet. Would be the best of both worlds.
You can go inside car in vr showroom and look inside the interior as well, forzavista is not quite the same, as you dont really walk around the cars, you Will never get that immersive feeling of being at the location on flatscreen its uncamparable with what vr experince give you

The fact they made cars without interiors is classic PD. Keep riding that PD meat.

thats only for few concept cars and vision gt cars, all production model have fully detailed interiors,
and classic turn 10 is to keep recycle old x360 models, and the cut car list from fm7 is so they can offer the cars that already was in fm7 to be free dlc later, thats already what we seen happen to fh5 around 60-70 % of cars added to fh5 lately has been cut content from fh4, if they remade the models this would be fine but thats not actully the case

Last edited:
"Left behind" could mean too many different things, IMO. But at any rate, I wouldn't say so, because Forza and GT are on different platforms. I think a better comparison would be how F-Zero has been seemingly left behind because Mario Kart is Nintendo's better-selling racing series.

The fact they made cars without interiors is classic PD. Keep riding that PD meat.
You probably didnt know that Cars like the Mercedes Benz Amg vgt and other concept Cars at the autoshow in Geneva had fully blacked out tintet windows because the cars had no interiors to show because some of them where only vision for future car designe language is also a reason that PD couldnt replicate them, is also fact 😉

Last edited:
You probably didnt know that Cars like the Mercedes Benz Amg vgt and other concept Cars at the autoshow in Geneva had fully blacked out tintet windows because the cars had no interiors to show is also a reason that PD couldnt replicate them is also fact 😉

maxresdefault.jpg

41135185542_7e1551f606_b.jpg

Note the design sketches of the interior from the car's announcement 10 years ago...

Besides, these are fake fantasy cars made for GT. Surely they can just make up a fake fantasy interior for them? PD's even made fake interiors for real cars before like the Gr.4 Supra.

It's legitimately funny that PD made the decision to add two cars without interiors in the same update that enabled PSVR2 support.

Last edited:
maxresdefault.jpg

41135185542_7e1551f606_b.jpg

Note the design sketches of the interior...

Besides, these are fake fantasy cars made for GT. Surely they can just make up a fake fantasy interior for them? PD's even made fake interiors for real cars before like the Gr.4 Supra.

It's legitimately funny that PD made the choice to add two cars without interiors in the same update that enabled PSVR2 support.
Yes afterwart they show some of the cars with interiors but not in that time the cars where released to the public the first time. The merc vgt got an interior made only for justice league and looks more like the new ev interior from merc.
Sometimes is up to the car company same like a full damage model that never happen in GT.

Like you wrote, designe scatches but nothing fix. I guess that time gt implement it there was no offical interior from merc.

It is not always PDs fault. 444 out of 457 (461 outof 474) cars have an interior. So it is up to the car companys they dont want it.

Last edited:
You can go inside car in vr showroom and look inside the interior as well, forzavista is not quite the same, as you dont really walk around the cars, you Will never get that immersive feeling of being at the location on flatscreen its uncamparable with what vr experince give you
You're literally walking around the cars in a sense. Its just not in VR. Technically you're not walking In VR if that's the route we're going. Forzavista is not quite the same in the same way that GTVR is not quite the same either. Ah so the GT show room is similar, just limited compared to Forza's models, that's a good step.

Not sure how you're trying to detract from a comment that wasn't negative about anything.

You probably didnt know that Cars like the Mercedes Benz Amg vgt and other concept Cars at the autoshow in Geneva had fully blacked out tintet windows because the cars had no interiors to show because some of them where only vision for future car designe language is also a reason that PD couldnt replicate them, is also fact 😉
Is this now two for two of things said that are wrong?

444 out of 457 cars have an interior. So it is up to the car companys they dont want it.

What exactly is the source for this? Or was that just a guess..

Last edited:
That VGT interior is a stretch considering it had none when PD made the car
But the design was there from the very beginning. Is PD incapable of creating something without scanning it first? It may not be up to the same standard of having very obvious polygons as on the 918 Spyder's steering wheel but surely it'd be better than literally nothing? Especially when the game supports VR?

Most of the VGTs have no actual drivetrains either but PD still came up with engine noises for them.

GT7 physics still suck, online racing sucks, the online lobbies suck, and single player mode is boring and tedious compared to what I love and remember from gt2 and gt3.

Forza will most likely be better.

I bought a ps5 just for gt7 and wish i never bothered.

Granted I don’t play on my xbox either now since getting a PC, as AC, ACC and the RF2 beta matchmaking is much superior

I don't quite see. Maybe they should call it the virtually real driving partial simulator?
It’s got realistic views sitting atop the car though. Just like the childhood photo you posted. That’s got to account for some nostalgic realism.

GT7 physics still suck, online racing sucks, the online lobbies suck, and single player mode is boring and tedious compared to what I love and remember from gt2 and gt3.

Granted I don’t play on my xbox either now since getting a PC, as AC, ACC and the RF2 beta matchmaking is much superior
Have a PS4 Pro. I almost bought a PS5 and very lucky I didn't.
Make sure to keep an eye on AMS2. After the recent 1.5 update it's a must have in my opinion.

It’s got realistic views sitting atop the car though. Just like the childhood photo you posted. That’s got to account for some nostalgic realism.
I see. It's the real toddling simulator.

You're literally walking around the cars in a sense. Its just not in VR. Technically you're not walking In VR if that's the route we're going. Forzavista is not quite the same in the same way that GTVR is not quite the same either. Ah so the GT show room is similar, just limited compared to Forza's models, that's a good step.

Not sure how you're trying to detract from a comment that wasn't negative about anything.

Still walking around cars in vr cant really be campared to how it feels on flatscreen, you really need to try it before you can really understand what it does for the experince, nothing will ever beat that immersive experince of vr, flatscreen will never campare to that

If you think gt7 online racing suck you should not even hold your breathe for forza becouse gt has much better online racing campared to them, the physics while it wont touch the proper sims are still the best we had in gran turismo game, and they do aim for both controller and wheel users, most proper sims sucks on a controller

Last edited:

If you think NR.1 was entirely wrong (what i had corrected) then wait until the new integra get released in japan with the honda logo on it 🤣 and who wants luxury sedans and suvs? These are the exclusive cars to the us market. The rest is released in japan with Honda logo.

NR.2 the sorce is myself
I drive cockpitview since gt5 and i know witch cars have it and witch not. The are round about 13 cars, Yes maybe i miss one or two they dont have an interior but like i wrote, are you really think its PDs fault? And if pd would make a fantasy interior then i am 100% sure some of you came up and blame pd for fake cockpits 🤣
The most GT players didnt touch the vgts. And the ones who drive it, 90% of them are not playing in cockpitview. These are vision cars with zero to non real world (exept a view) data to compare. In my eyes, i dont need them and there are a gimmicky.

At the end i am the one who walks away with a smile on my face. The hole conversation shows only how little green kids try to bash on such little things and belive it works.
Gt is since part 1, one of if not the best Sim esk game on consols. It had the biggest impact on the industry and real world.
Yes it hase flaws but witch game not.
And bashing against something that some never had expiriance is childish, like bashing agaimst VR and dont even have a ps5.

And the Forzas they got released in the past never came close to GT. The fact that the most of the Forza games had a reverse button to undo a mistake makes it an full arcade game. And we will se how good or bad is the next forza. I know the greenes are burning to get something to play because xbox games are thin seeded and the one who got released are mostly crap and highly flawed in terms of quality.

I have fun and like those conversation 🤣

Playstation forever 🦾

But the design was there from the very beginning. Is PD incapable of creating something without scanning it first? It may not be up to the same standard of having very obvious polygons as on the 918 Spyder's steering wheel but surely it'd be better than literally nothing? Especially when the game supports VR?

Most of the VGTs have no actual drivetrains either but PD still came up with engine noises for them.
You have no idea what PD was allowed to do legally . PD could have made a interior but Mercedes may have told them not too include it. In fact this happened to that M3 model in GT6. PD released the car without an interior because the interior had not yet been revealed to the public and many concept cars in GT's HD era have also lacked interiors.

Clearly the car has to drive in game, fake or not . A snarky remark about the car lacking a drivetrain but having the ability to drive isn't comparable to having a PD made cockpit. The car without a simulated engine and transmission would be nothing but a visual model . Every brand knew from the get go that the car was going to be assets in a driving game and thus there is an implied assumption the car will be playable even if the company doesn't create a mechanically functional vehicle. You can however , drive a car without a cockpit view in this game . PD most likely did not contractually require the brands to provide a CAD for an interior, which granted may have been an oversight or may have been deliberate in order to encourage the brands be more willing to provide concepts. Having sketches is also a bad argument . Sketches are not final designs and any one with any modeling experience will tell you they are as good as unless. Converting a sketch to 3D requires many artistic decisions , decisions PD was probably not allowed to make . Example, the BMW VGT looked nothing like it's sketch and it was the second VGT to be launched . PD doesn't design the VGT's and can't just slap in fake interiors without the company's authority. Further , companies don't just hand them a sketch and tell them to make the car , the literally hand them over a CAD and PD has to convert that cad to a usable game asset .

As for what visible polygons on the porsche have anything to do with the VGT's is beyond me. It's just as relevant as the fact Turn Ten is using 16 year old assets for a few handful of cars in 2023 racing game " built from the ground up" .

Last edited:
Still walking around cars in vr cant really be campared to how it feels on flatscreen, you really need to try it before you can really understand what it does for the experince, nothing will ever beat that immersive experince of vr, flatscreen will never campare to that
I think he's *comparing the actual mechanics of the *experience, not the quality. Ferraris and Lamboghinis provide a great driving experience but most people use a daily driver. Similarly not everyone is interested in making the leap to buying a PSVR2 or even a PS5. Forzavista gives the rest of us the chance to examine our cars in reasonable detail and it might be beneficial for GT to provide a similar facility for the vast majority of its users instead of concentrating only on an elite.
If you think gt7 online racing suck you should not even hold your breathe for forza becouse gt has much better online racing campared to them, the physics while it wont touch the proper sims are still the best we had in gran turismo game, and they do aim for both controller and wheel users, most proper sims sucks on a controller
Car classes in FM are determined by running timed laps with AI drivers. If the demonstrated tyre physics and AI improvements mean that meta cars and cheating AI are reduced or even eliminated, FM will be a far better experience than the previous game online and offline as more players learn better driving lines and stopping points from their virtual opponents.

A wheel support video is on the way but as a quick preview the development lead completed a couple of hot laps on camera in a previously uncontrollable car to show how much it had improved since the last game. For now, I'm holding my *breath.

Timestamped to 48'30":

Last edited:
I think he's *comparing the actual mechanics of the *experience, not the quality. Ferraris and Lamboghinis provide a great driving experience but most people use a daily driver. Similarly not everyone is interested in making the leap to buying a PSVR2 or even a PS5. Forzavista gives the rest of us the chance to examine our cars in reasonable detail and it might be beneficial for GT to provide a similar facility for the vast majority of its users instead of concentrating only on an elite.
Car classes in FM are determined by running timed laps with AI drivers. If the demonstrated tyre physics and AI improvements mean that meta cars and cheating AI are reduced or even eliminated, FM will be a far better experience than the previous game online and offline as more players learn better driving lines and stopping points from their virtual opponents.

A wheel support video is on the way but as a quick preview the development lead completed a couple of hot laps on camera as a preview in a previously uncontrollable car to show how much it had improved since the last game. For now, I'm holding my *breath.

Timestamped to 48'30":

Knocking VR support is broke cope. It's the ultimate way to play a racing game . Not having VR support will some day be the equivalent of not having wheel support. Did you guys also make these weak sauce arguments about games that support wheels ? " Most us don't own a wheel so it's not important and you can't knock a game for not having wheel support " . In the same thread where people are upset a game doesn't have a cockpit for some cars, most people play their driving games in chase view ..

Knocking VR support is broke cope. It's the ultimate way to play a racing game . Not having VR support will some day be the equivalent of not having wheel support. Did you guys also make these weak sauce arguments about games that support wheels ? " Most us don't own a wheel so it's not important and you can't knock a game for not having wheel support " . In the same thread where people are upset a game doesn't have a cockpit for some cars, most people play their driving games in chase view ..
This is the complete opposite to what I said. Who's knocking VR? Not me. It's great that the game has it but not everyone uses it and if the game can only be enjoyed with it then a lot of people who bought the game will miss out, particularly if it's at the expense of a rounded single player experience in other areas. Games should cater to all their players, not just a select few.

I literally just posted a video with wheel support in the post you quoted, by the way.

Last edited:
Online racing games that have different cars in a class (that aren't spec) will never not have a meta car in a class. Even if the difference is minute, people will still flock to what they perceive is the "best" car.

Online racing games that have different cars in a class (that aren't spec) will never not have a meta car in a class. Even if the difference is minute, people will still flock to what they perceive is the "best" car.
Sure, but a minute difference is preferable to a huge difference and at least they seem to be doing something to reduce the gap by changing the way those classes are defined.

Last edited:
Clearly the car has to drive in game, fake or not . A snarky remark about the car lacking a drivetrain but having the ability to drive isn't comparable to having a PD made cockpit. The car without a simulated engine and transmission would be nothing but a visual model .
The VGTs were designed to be driven in GT as if they were real cars even if most of the IRL models are just for display. As far as I know, none of the VGTs were meant to be driven with your head mounted to the roof on a swivel.

To sell the illusion, PD made up fantasy engine noises for these VGTs, from your average ICE to the laser Chaparral, when they could have just had no engine sound at all since it'd be impossible to record what's not there (like not being able to scan a non-existent interior).

Similarly, not having an interior model breaks that illusion especially when played in VR, even when it's "just" a VGT (nevermind that one of the earliest pieces of PSVR2 gameplay Sony/PD released featured the Ferrari VGT).

Hmm... Do have people with vr headsets have their console(s)/pc in the living room or in a dedicated "gaming" room?

Edit:fix typo

Last edited:
Hmm... Do have people with vr headsets have their console(s)/pc in the living room or in a dedicated "gaming" room?

Edit:fix typo
With VR you can play while people watch TV so I have mine in Both spots some times… right now I’m playing on the couch with my controller while my son is watching TV.

Back in the day there was a huge rivalry between Gran Turismo & Forza Motorsport. But it all seems so contrived as evidenced by petty discussions about VGT’s.

On social media I just don’t see a great deal of FM talk. When the title is discussed it’s the fanboy element talking about in-game RT. Only because it’s something GT7 doesn’t have. All of which will become rather moot when there’s a PS5 (Pro) only GT.

MS need to service the sim crowd with a new FM. It just doesn’t feel like the title gets the same investment & marketing as FH. I guess that reflects the difference in sales & player numbers.

Back