Will GT7 Get Left behind when Forza Motorsports 8 hits the Market?

Will GT7 Get Left behind when Forza Motorsports 8 hits the Market?

• Yess

Votes: 95 19.2%
  • No

Votes: 349 70.4%
  • Not sure Comment below

Votes: 52 10.5%

• Total voters
And yes i get it that there are some models there are not released for the japanese market
No, not "some models." Every single car Acura sells right now (and the majority of the ones they've sold in the past decade), including one that will almost certainly come to GT7 fairly soon, meaning:
but still no need to implement them because one where yelling at PD for it.
This is false.

And why you came up with bugatti?
Because that's a standard you are applying for what constitutes a "different brand." Until 2021 when it was partially divested Bugatti's role in VAG was no different from Acura's in relation to Honda. It absolutely would not exist without Volkswagen; or the Volkswagen engineers that built the brand up with derivatives of Volkswagen powertrains on behalf of the Volkswagen then-chairman's specific engineering demands and then chose a nameplate to put on it after work had already started. Bugatti as a brand was so irrelevant to what Volkwagen was already working on that they only bought the brand after they found out that BMW was going to steal the Rolls Royce name out from under them for a small fraction what Volkswagen paid when Volkwagen thought they were buying it; and Piech had Volkwagen look to see if Bugatti's trademark was available out of spite against BMW. VW likely originally intended the car to be a Bentley or a Rolls when they thought they were buying both. So rushed was VW's initial ramp up of Bugatti that the first concept cars were tweaked versions of a car that the Italian Bugatti had built 5 years prior.

So why is Acura (who builds and designs their own cars for their own market as well as doing the same for their halo car to be sold worldwide on behalf of their parent company) held to a different standard for being a "different" brand?

Last edited:
@Tornado
I ment @jergto with the one who yelled at PD for not implementing it

Bugatti was a seperate company in the past and existed by itself but was then purchased by VW. Thats two seperate things. There is no bugatti like car with a vw batch on it.

And yes i understand it but still, in my opinion pd dont have to, not like @jergto who was blaming pd to not doing it.

This was the hole point where it started.

giphy.gif

To answer the OP question, I personally do not think so as both games already have a core audience but I do think that a few players may move over to Forza or play both as Forza isn't exclusive to just Xbox and can also be played on PC which gives it a bigger fanbase; as Forza seems to include more fan requested cars and alot of modern race and sports cars along with more fleshed out car classes IMO.

I play both so I try not to be biased but I will admit that I can understand why someone may drop GT7 for Forza Motorsport 8 as both games have their pros and cons, but the game isn't out yet so I will wait until I experience it myself before I give a opinion on it. I will admit though that so far from what I have seen it is shaping up really well.

GT8 will probably be introduced to be run on 8k and next gen graphics.

Which means the near 550-600 cars we'll have at the end of GT7's life cycle will have to be ditched and PD will have to create them again from scratch, so GT8 will only have 150 cars at launch.

Yes, I know, some people just want to watch the world burn.

Last edited:
@Tornado
I ment @jergto with the one who yelled at PD for not implementing it

Bugatti was a seperate company in the past and existed by itself but was then purchased by VW. Thats two seperate things. There is no bugatti like car with a vw batch on it.

And yes i understand it but still, in my opinion pd dont have to, not like @jergto who was blaming pd to not doing it.

This was the hole point where it started.
They want you to answer for your stupidity, don't bring me into this. The points were already brought up and correct, you seem to be the only one on the other side of it.

They want you to answer for your stupidity, don't bring me into this. The points were already brought up and correct, you seem to be the only one on the other side of it.
With youre own words, i do what i want.
And it all started with you who was blaming pd not to implement Acura, that simple.

Yeah i was wrong on some part but i dont say PD have to , not like you with youre undertone uhh because its made in America PD doesnt implement it.

Speaking of brands, what's PD's logic behind categorizing MINI as German? Yes, they're currently owned by BMW, but is the marque itself not still British?

And by the same logic, shouldn't Lamborghini also be categorized as German?

Last edited:
Road cars aside, Acura should be represented in the game for their motorsport division, particularly their efforts in IMSA.

And at Pikes Peak.

View attachment 1275036
There are aspirations to bring the Acura LMDh to WEC with WTR/Andretti in '25.

The decision will ultimately be made by Honda Japan and the cars would run as Honda's.

There's precedent for this when the privateer HPD Acura's ran at Le Mans badged as Honda's.

Last edited:
In my case the answer is quite simple and honest.... PSVR2
No PsVR2 support, no racing sim or "simcade" or whatever. After getting used to the feeling of driving in VR there's no coming back.
PSVR2 wasn't available until over a year after GT7's release. Over a year. PC sims have had VR implementation for a while now. There is a high possibility that FM(2023) could not only have VR support, but support triple monitors, button boxes, haptic feedback devices, motion rigs and a lot more wheel base and pedal combinations that GT7 can.

I guess Kaz really won't care to improve the game, if Forza winds up being ahead. GT players are still arguing over a luxury brand that's not in the game( other than the likeness of the Acura CL that appears as trackside objects). ;)

I always prefered Honda to acura specially the integra dc2 looks So much better in Honda version,
PSVR2 wasn't available until over a year after GT7's release. Over a year. PC sims have had VR implementation for a while now. There is a high possibility that FM(2023) could not only have VR support, but support triple monitors, button boxes, haptic feedback devices, motion rigs and a lot more wheel base and pedal combinations that GT7 can.
The likely hood of Fm 23 including vr is very low, and i can almost gurantee it will have no vr support at all

Last edited:
Personally I think these days Forza and GT are quite different products that attract quite different audiences - Forza a big, brash, colourful celebration of car culture that feels quite modern, GT a quirky Japanese throwback that appeals more to purists for its very particular style. Personally I prefer GT even if I’ll definitely be getting Forza too. But I’m not sure - especially with each game being exclusive to a different console - that they’re quite as significant to each other as people make out. I don’t think lots of the GT purists would look twice at Forza and vice versa.

GT8 will probably be introduced to be run on 8k and next gen graphics.

Which means the near 550-600 cars we'll have at the end of GT7's life cycle will have to be ditched and PD will have to create them again from scratch, so GT8 will only have 150 cars at launch.

Yes, I know, some people just want to watch the world burn.
I do not think so.

Before the launch of GT Sport, in 2017, Kaz expressly said that the cars were being scanned in 8K, exactly because they needed to make the assets useful for many years.

As for the game running at 8K, I don't believe that. Generally, mid- and late-generation games are games that exploit console hardware, always losing in resolution and FPS. It's a bet that GT8 will run at QHD 60 FPS at most (performance mode).

I believe that GT8 will be a direct sequel to the content of GT7, just as GT7 was GT Sport. I would bet that GT8 will be an evolution, by accumulation of content, of GT7 with a new interface and perhaps with greater exploitation of GaaS.

Last edited:
All of that functionality needs to also be available on the xbox series X and S without much fuss. Dont get me wrong, Forza looks amazing and I'm figuring out how i'm going to play it without a PC. The enjoyment i get out of GT7 in VR on my ps5 is enough that I'm not in any rush to go and buy a PC.

GT7 on PSVR2 is incomparable to any other console racing experience. Even if Forza is incredible, GT7 has it beat with VR support
People can barely afford a ps5, add vr googles and wheel thats $$$. I dont think vr will ever catch on. Its been around since the 90s.

Im curious how apples VR will perform tho, but not paying $3500!

GT7 on PSVR2 is incomparable to any other console racing experience. Even if Forza is incredible, GT7 has it beat with VR support
I'm a PSVR2 owner and I disagree with your comment. There are a ton of underlying systems in GT7 that's outright lazily done or non-existent.
  1. VR is amazing but the penalty system is still trash tier and unfair.
  2. VR is amazing but the FFB still leaves a lot to be desired.
  3. VR is amazing but I still have no way of knowing the time gaps to the people in front/behind or the leader.
  4. VR is amazing but the pop-in is still distracting cus of the LOD is low.
VR is just icing on the cake. You still have to make a good racing game and GT7 falls short in A LOT of meaningful ways.

I'm a PSVR2 owner and I disagree with your comment. There are a ton of underlying systems in GT7 that's outright lazily done or non-existent.
  1. VR is amazing but the penalty system is still trash tier and unfair.
  2. VR is amazing but the FFB still leaves a lot to be desired.
  3. VR is amazing but I still have no way of knowing the time gaps to the people in front/behind or the leader.
  4. VR is amazing but the pop-in is still distracting cus of the LOD is low.
VR is just icing on the cake. You still have to make a good racing game and GT7 falls short in A LOT of meaningful ways.
Well no, all of those things are features that could be improved or added. You can't simply add VR to Forza on Xbox and Series S. Forza does have the benefit of being on PC as well, but the vast majority of their players are gonna be on Xbox or through gamepass. You could have the best penalty system, best FFB, etc. but im still going prefer GT7 in VR because of how immersive and enjoyable the experience is for me.

GT7 is a fantastic racing game that definitely falls short in certains areas. However the fact that entire game is available in VR and looks/plays great will always make it a better choice than playing on flat screen.

People can barely afford a ps5, add vr googles and wheel thats $$$. I dont think vr will ever catch on. Its been around since the 90s.

Im curious how apples VR will perform tho, but not paying $3500!
if you havent tried GT7 in VR, you dont know what you're missing. It's insane the quality you get out of the PSVR2. I only ever use it for racing tho, the other VR games make me wanna puke.

Last edited:
Well no, all of those things are features that could be improved or added. You can't simply add VR to Forza on Xbox and Series S. Forza does have the benefit of being on PC as well, but the vast majority of their players are gonna be on Xbox or through gamepass. You could have the best penalty system, best FFB, etc. but im still going prefer GT7 in VR because of how immersive and enjoyable the experience is for me.

GT7 is a fantastic racing game that definitely falls short in certains areas. However the fact that entire game is available in VR and looks/plays great will always make it a better choice than playing on flat screen.

if you havent tried GT7 in VR, you dont know what you're missing. It's insane the quality you get out of the PSVR2. I only ever use it for racing tho, the other VR games make me wanna puke.
I agree the vr must be experinced before you can really understand how much that do for you they did an amazing job with vr and vr showroom is really amazing

The other thing that makes me think both will just plod along nicely with their established fanbases is... just how do you stand out from the crowd as a sim racing game in 2023? Everything that tries to skew at least partially sim (and FM will be the same) looks and feels very similar these days, whether that's because devs all play it safe knowing what will sell, or because sims as a genre are close to what they are trying to emulate now and thus have no big leaps left to make.

There are non-VGTs with no interior.

And honestly, for a first party AAA game supposedly built for VR released in 2022, having "a few" is already too many.
When forza do a full vr like gt7 does let me know, but they wont, gt7 has proably one of best vr in gaming, the interiors looks extreamly detailed and realistic, not just the races but you have the vr showroom where you can go and look around car its insane to say at least, it feels like walking around car like real life

Last edited:
When forza do a full vr like gt7 does let me know, but they wont, gt7 has proably one of best vr in gaming, the interiors looks extreamly detailed and realistic, not just the races but you have the vr showroom where you can go and look around car its insane to say at least, it feels like walking around car like real life
The fact they made cars without interiors is classic PD. Keep riding that PD meat.

Back