Will GT7 Get Left behind when Forza Motorsports 8 hits the Market?

Will GT7 Get Left behind when Forza Motorsports 8 hits the Market?

• Yess

Votes: 95 19.2%
  • No

Votes: 349 70.4%
  • Not sure Comment below

Votes: 52 10.5%

• Total voters
images

Look at that man. Do you think he cares about other racing franchises?
He should for sure!!!

I think whatever prevented PD from celebrating their anniversary, the centenary 24hours of Le Mans or other (not necessarily motorsport related) events with related updates/content will also prevent them from releasing a "big" update when forza motorsport gets released...

I think whatever prevented PD from celebrating their anniversary, the centenary 24hours of Le Mans or other (not necessarily motorsport related) events with related updates/content will also prevent them from releasing a "big" update when forza motorsport gets released...
My best guess is PD brake it self out with the ps4 release. If they had only the ps5 in mind gt7 would be more complete.
My hope is that with the ps5 pro pd released update 2.0 and drop the ps4 and bring all the goods to GT. Full nvme support for even quicker or non loading, no pop ups, gameplay raytracing etc. 🤞🏼

I hope Forza destroys GT7 and that it's reflected in the reviews. Why?

Competition is the only thing that'll save us. It reminds me of Madden not having any competition and thus it's been a stagnant pile of trash for a decade +.

PD doesn't pay me, I don't get anything from their success or lack thereof. I want the best game possible and competition is the only thing that'll encourage Kaz to get his head out of his behind.

Last edited:
You are right for the most part, but PD is Japan and i dont know why @jergto thinks PD hase to implement the American devision of Honda into GT, makes no sense and at the end we had from each car 2 similar versions.
Is the same like Uk Vauxhaul and German Opel, both are the same cars with diffrent names.
The point went completely over your head. new nsx and integra type s is made in america. But i see all your posts trying to explain yourself. LOL

We already knew acura is owned by honda. But their newest cars are made in America. That fact acura is missing and toyota and lexus have separate brands means PD took the lazy approach. PD doesnt even have the new CTR in the game so it will be awhile till we see the new Integra Type S.

Acura is the American brand name for Honda since 1986 and there are made in Japan… LOL
Is that you again??

You should inform yourself better before you throw poo at a comment and try to bash against PD 🤣

Please stop talking about cars, where's the clown emoji?

Also, I'll bash PD all I want, what are you going to do about? nothing :(

Last edited:
The point went completely over your head. new nsx and integra type s is made in america. But i see all your posts trying to explain yourself. LOL

We already knew acura is owned by honda. But their newest cars are made in America. That fact acura is missing and toyota and lexus have separate brands means PD took the lazy approach. PD doesnt even have the new CTR in the game so it will be awhile till we see the new Integra Type S.

Please stop talking about cars, where's the clown emoji?

Also, I'll bash PD all I want, what are you going to do about? nothing :(
Tell me the diffrent between both cars
IMG_8022.jpeg
IMG_8023.jpeg

Honda doesnt own Acura Honda created Acura for the American market.
Partwise there are made in America but Honda is the main brand. And it isnt lazy it is the logic step so we are not ending with 1000+cars where the half of them is the same car.
Do what you want but do it the right way and not with such a lazy attempt 🤣

I think the honest, if boring answer here is the two games have very separate communities due to the console exclusivity, and while fans of both will argue over it, they'll both be largely similar, there won't be much crossover and both games will have healthy playerbases in 2024 (unless something much worse than the 1.08 outage unexpectedly happens to Forza).

Tell me the diffrent between both cars
View attachment 1274918View attachment 1274919
Honda doesnt own Acura Honda created Acura for the American market.
Partwise there are made in America but Honda is the main brand. And it isnt lazy it is the logic step so we are not ending with 1000+cars where the half of them is the same car.
Do what you want but do it the right way and not with such a lazy attempt 🤣
Definitely a lazy attempt, I'd be pissed if I was an Acura worker and I play GT and find out its in Japan. I mean according to you Acura been making cars in Japan since 1986 right? 🤣

So you're telling me they have an entire company, dedicated to only one game, putting in minimal effort and not really worried about their sole product? C'mon...

What I see is a complicated market, where racing games are more niche and are finding it harder and harder to justify the large investment made to release new games.

Most successful attempts recently either go light on content, and hardcore on experience, and focus on PC gamers, to cater to more sim-racing minded folks; or really broad in gameplay style, adding more variety (like the Forza series expanding to Horizon, which did massively well, and outshines Motorsport) catering to the masses, and deliver a good console experience.

GT is caught in the middle - it speaks to the more car loving and "simcade" audience, but it can't really go full beans into sim-racing, not without alienating the vast majority of PS owners, or sacrificing the amount of content offered.

They have tried several different approaches. They were going all in on GT Academy, and later made a lot of investment in eSports with GT Sports, which didn't offer a good enough return on investment for them to fully rely on that. They scaled back their investments in World Tour, reduced their worldwide sponsorship of different drivers, namely Igor Fraga on F3 (now more Japan-based, on GT 300 and Super Formula Lights).

With GT7, the attempt seems to have been more focused on creating a live-service type of in-game economy, which fortunately, failed massively. It's safe to assume that it made a huge dent into their longer-term planning for the game, however. Hopefully, their brand partnerships and in-game activations (think Michelin, Porsche, and especially Toyota, Mazda, Subaru) are somewhat compensating for that.

Finally, we now have the movie, which takes the messaging around the GT brand back to eSports and GT Academy. Hopefully the Barbieheimer craze passes in time for the film's release in a couple weeks, and the hype behind F1 and motorsports in general, helps push its popularity.

Either way, they are desperately trying to find avenues to market and monetize the game in a way that's appealing and financially viable, which is increasingly tough nowadays.

ps. full disclosure, this is copy pasted from another thread, but it seems this type of discourse is spread out, and my comments were exactly the same for both

Last edited:
Definitely a lazy attempt, I'd be pissed if I was an Acura worker and I play GT and find out its in Japan. I mean according to you Acura been making cars in Japan since 1986 right? 🤣
No, according to him there is no significant difference between a Honda NSX and a Acura NSX and therefore also no significant reason for PD(or any other game developer) to bring in Acura as seperate car company to the game...

No, according to him there is no significant difference between a Honda NSX and a Acura NSX and therefore also no significant reason for PD(or any other game developer) to bring in Acura as seperate car company to the game...
According to who Kaz? Thats why FM8 has Acura and Honda? PD took a lazy approach, they barely had content, im sure ZERO for Acura. Lets just add it to Honda. Same goes for the ITS. There are so many things they can add thats NEW, but lets add another iteration of: GTR/Supra/Miata, etc.

They barely added the C8 Corvette. I'm not even sure they will add the new ITS in GT7. LOL

I'd love to the see the Integra and TLX in the game.
Good luck, with PD's track record, lets hope its in GT8!

I actually have GT6 running right now, I remember complaining about this back in 2013. PD made the Prius a premium car over a 97 Supra RZ. Thats right, they prioritized making the Prius premium and left the MKIV Supra as standard. :banghead:

Acura vs. Honda in GT7: maybe it's just me but I couldn't care less about the Acura cars. The only somewhat interesting one is the NSX which is sold as Honda basically everywhere but the US - plus for me the NSX is the OG NSX from the nineties, not the current one anyway.

I'd love to the see the Integra and TLX in the game.
Isn't the Integra already there in GT7? I mean THE Integra is the DC2 - sure, I'd prefer the nose of the EU/US version but again, the Honda Integra is the Acura Integra. As far as the TLX goes, to each their own, I personally couldn't care less about a FF sedan but I wouldn't mind having it either.

EDIT: now I think PD is still lazy in general but this Acura/Honda stuff just doesn't make any sense to me. Of course, if they would introduce the ARX-05 or ARX-06, now, that would be something I could get behind!

Last edited:
I meant the new Integra Type S and TLX Type S to be more specific. The latter is awd, but I may be a bit biased since I have one.

The GTP car would be awesome too.

Last edited:
According to who Kaz? Thats why FM8 has Acura and Honda? PD took a lazy approach, they barely had content, im sure ZERO for Acura. Lets just add it to Honda. Same goes for the ITS. There are so many things they can add thats NEW, but lets add another iteration of: GTR/Supra/Miata, etc.

They barely added the C8 Corvette. I'm not even sure they will add the new ITS in GT7. LOL
You don't even know, whose post you answered 40min before...?
Or why else are you asking me "according to who ?" ?

That FM8 has both companies in the game doesn't change the fact, that the cars from Acura are basically the same as the Honda cars and that Acura is no independent company from Honda, but just a different brand name for Honda luxury and sports cars on the american market...

Acura vs. Honda in GT7: maybe it's just me but I couldn't care less about the Acura cars. The only somewhat interesting one is the NSX which is sold as Honda basically everywhere but the US - plus for me the NSX is the OG NSX from the nineties, not the current one anyway.

Isn't the Integra already there in GT7? I mean THE Integra is the DC2 - sure, I'd prefer the nose of the EU/US version but again, the Honda Integra is the Acura Integra. As far as the TLX goes, to each their own, I personally couldn't care less about a FF sedan but I wouldn't mind having it either.

EDIT: now I think PD is still lazy in general but this Acura/Honda stuff just doesn't make any sense to me. Of course, if they would introduce the ARX-05 or ARX-06, now, that would be something I could get behind!
I couldn't care less too, its just many examples of either a lazy approach or priorities. I think what I meant to say is priorities, just like my post about them prioritizing a Prius to be a premium car over a Supra.

This brings me back to Kaz/PD, they cant get all the blame. Maybe PD didnt have a large budget? Got to the American section and we have a bunch of unknowns that less than a hundred people will even try. They prioritized SEMA cars over content that should have been added since 2017, like a Viper ACR.
But no give me a one-off that will get me into LESS races. They dont have Acura, but do have infiniti. Tesla, again, most recent car from 2012. The American section is actual abysmal. Sorry but to me none of those are relevant, Roadster Shop? Wicked Fab? Eckert? CHC, Greddy, even DMC (POS)? How about giving me a Singer or Gunther Works Porsche!

You don't even know, whose post you answered 40min before...?
Or why else are you asking me "according to who ?" ?

That FM8 has both companies in the game doesn't change the fact, that the cars from Acura are basically the same as the Honda cars and that Acura is no independent company from Honda, but just a different brand name for Honda luxury and sports cars on the american market...
Quoted you asking you.
I bet you are also mad becaus the Mazda MX-5 is not called Miata or Eunos
Idgaf about those, but the Acura should 100% have an icon in American section. Why does infiniti have one when they dont even have a real car? Are you mad you said Acura makes cars in japan when the new NSX and new integra arent? :lol:

Last edited:
@jergto

You really cant compute the written word. It is no metter where the car is made it will be always Honda because PD is Japan and there is no reason to call it Acura.

And back to topic
Forza will never outperform GT. The only thing that Forza makes better but for wors are the microtransaction 🤣

Last edited:
@jergto

You really cant compute the written word. It is no metter where the car is made it will be always Honda because PD is Japan and there is no reason to call it Acura.

And back to topic
Forza will never outperform GT. The only thing that Forza makes better but for wors are the microtransaction 🤣
What microtransactions?

@jergto

And back to topic
You made the statement bud, thats why people laughed at the you sure about that meme. Know wtf you are talking about before regurgitating what google search tells you.

We will see. The most forzas had it.

Edit: sry in Forza it get called premium purchase 🤣
Not sure how a premium edition is a microtransaction. Lots of games have DLC but as far as I know only one mainstream racing game is weighted towards pushing MTX right now.

Looking forward to the improved tyre handling and subsequent improvements to AI and performance index, though. 👍🏽

Last edited:
Not sure how a premium edition is a microtransaction. Lots of games have them but as far as I know only one mainstream racing game is weighted towards pushing MTX right now.

Looking forward to the improved tyre handling and subsequent improvements to AI and performance index, though. 👍🏽
Not premium edition, premium ingame purchase/MTX are more and complex then in GT. but whoever pays for the microtransaction in GT or Forza is lazy and shouldnt play the game.

Last edited:
Not premium edition, premium ingame purchase/MTX are more and complex then in GT. but whoever pays for the microtransaction in GT or Forza is lazy and shouldnt play the game.
Especially as Forza won't have any...

Last edited:
Hope so 👍🏻
Famine
The subject of microtransactions also came up in the session, with Esaki confirming that there would be no cash-for-currency MTXs in the game.

Last edited:
Back