Will GT7 Get Left behind when Forza Motorsports 8 hits the Market?

Will GT7 Get Left behind when Forza Motorsports 8 hits the Market?

• Yess

Votes: 95 19.2%
  • No

Votes: 349 70.4%
  • Not sure Comment below

Votes: 52 10.5%

• Total voters
Forza hype always emphasizes graphics over gameplay because it's one of Microsofts major selling points. Every Forza release involved bigging up the relevant console at the time because it does have a beautiful graphics engine and a huge player base. I hope they do away with those credit mods and just keep it simple, the less assists you use the higher % payout like the older games used to do
yes I like the less assists incentives in FH5. good feature imo.

Just a few things from the top of my head:

-BoP is absolutely horrendous

-Lobbys are completely broken, many features from GTS were removed and are seemingly coming back step by step judging by the latest update, also a whole lot of of disconnects, blackscreens, other bugs

-Some players are visually jittering heavily, so you can't judge their position at all (some suspect it is a crossplay issue)

-The daily races are largely incredibly boring, with no strategy or weather, just straight sprint races with no weather (which is one of the really cool new features of GT7)

I am sure others will have more things to add, the issues are enough that many content creators don't do much GT7 content, if any at all, and top esport players are quitting until the issues are fixed.
fair points. I agree completely on the BoP thing, I really don't understand the point of BoP in group specific races as each car will have different strengths and weaknesses within the group. That said, I pretty much just run the Gr4 GTR. The lack of weather is pretty disappointing too, especially this long after release and there's not been a single race that's featured any kind of weather progression.
I can't say I've had too much in the way of problems with lobbies though, other than the occasional frozen start but that is just my personal experience.

Yea and Forza is finally getting fully animated pit stops, proper tire compounds, and fuel management. The first two are features that have been in Gran Turismo since GT4. GT Sport had fuel management.

Both games have their pros and cons, but Gran Turismo's online system and community is leagues ahead of what I've experienced with previous Forza entries. Maybe Forza 8 will be different, but the idea that "GT7 will get left behind" is an overreaction.

Forza 8 isn't even out yet, and all we have to go off is a trailer that was running on a PC (which emphasized graphics over gameplay) and the previous FM games.
Oh,no. This is not about pros and cons, it's about behind left behind.

The GT series been trailing behind since end of GT4. We're beyond number of polygons.
What have PD done with the series to be at the forefront? Sport Mode is no doubt the best and easiest way for anyone to get straight into online/multi-player racing. However, where is GT7 ahead where other games need to catch up?
An old game like FM7 isn't behind GT7. Many wouldn't expect FM8 to be trailing GT7.

Last edited:
The graphics from what I've seen of FM8 look absolutely mind blowing, better than GT7. And somehow they're managing in game ray tracing. May have to get an XSX and Drivehub so my T300 works with it
I was rocking the drivehub with a TX on PS4 with GT7. it works really well except sometimes the FFB would drop out after accessing menus and whatnot. Hopefully you don't run into the same issues on the Xbox!

I was rocking the drivehub with a TX on PS4 with GT7. it works really well except sometimes the FFB would drop out after accessing menus and whatnot. Hopefully you don't run into the same issues on the Xbox!
That's whats putting me off buying one. It's very finnicky and just doesn't work with some games at all, or it works but some FFB effects are missing, or the FFB is numb etc. Think I'd get pissed off with it tbh. Might be better just to get a TX wheelbase because the rims are compatible anyway. It's not like I'll be playing a racing game on both systems at the same time. So i'd keep one base bolted to the Playseat for extended periods

Oh,no. This is not about pros and cons, it's about behind left behind.

The GT series been trailing behind since end of GT4. We're beyond number of polygons.
What have PD done with the series to be at the forefront? Sport Mode is no doubt the best and easiest way for anyone to get straight into online/multi-player racing. However, where is GT7 ahead where other games need to catch up?
An old game like FM7 isn't behind GT7. Many wouldn't expect FM8 to be trailing GT7.
I wouldn't say GT has trailed behind since GT4. GT5 wasn't that bad and had some really good ideas that should have been developed on over following titles, but ended up dropped. I do think FM has made more logical dcisions in game design in recent years and IMO leads ahead of GT, but even FM has some oddities, tyres that magically match the weather for example and a poorly thought out homologation system. Neither game is flawless and comparing what one does well over the either either way round is a very pragmatic and logical way to look at it regardless of which is anyones personal preference.

For me, GT4 and FM4 were both where the respective series peaked. That's not to say they are categorially the best in each series, but those are the two games where my enjoyment and interest in them peaked. Sicne then i still look forward to and enjoy these games, but I've definitely become more indifferent to them over the years.

Sure, games are getting better in many ways, but expectations are getting higher time I have to spend playing games for me at 39 is considerably less than it was when I was 25 or younger.

I wouldn't say GT has trailed behind since GT4. GT5 wasn't that bad and had some really good ideas that should have been developed on over following titles, but ended up dropped. I do think FM has made more logical dcisions in game design in recent years and IMO leads ahead of GT, but even FM has some oddities, tyres that magically match the weather for example and a poorly thought out homologation system. Neither game is flawless and comparing what one does well over the either either way round is a very pragmatic and logical way to look at it regardless of which is anyones personal preference.

For me, GT4 and FM4 were both where the respective series peaked. That's not to say they are categorially the best in each series, but those are the two games where my enjoyment and interest in them peaked. Sicne then i still look forward to and enjoy these games, but I've definitely become more indifferent to them over the years.

Sure, games are getting better in many ways, but expectations are getting higher time I have to spend playing games for me at 39 is considerably less than it was when I was 25 or younger.
I had swiped through a good many Kaz interviews from all ove rthe web. One thing I recall reading him say, which I found not hard to believe, but ‘wow, okay’… He actually knows about other games. :sly:
What he mentioned, was about seeing the focus of other developers with their games. No doubt Kaz has his vision for this series. Doesn’t seem to gel well with fans of this series. He puts all the pieces there to complete the puzzle, but goes off to play putting the square peg in the triangular hole.

I’ve mentioned many times about comparing games. The games shouldn’t be compared. We know we All have to find what appeals to us, individually.

I had swiped through a good many Kaz interviews from all ove rthe web. One thing I recall reading him say, which I found not hard to believe, but ‘wow, okay’… He actually knows about other games. :sly:
What he mentioned, was about seeing the focus of other developers with their games. No doubt Kaz has his vision for this series. Doesn’t seem to gel well with fans of this series. He puts all the pieces there to complete the puzzle, but goes off to play putting the square peg in the triangular hole.

I’ve mentioned many times about comparing games. The games shouldn’t be compared. We know we All have to find what appeals to us, individually.
Agreed that it's individual as to which games we each prefer, but it's by ourselves comparing the games that we make those choices (unless we can't compare because we haven't tried both). Making comparisons on a forum is just discussion, this thread is about FM8 leaving GT7 behind, I hope it does in the sense that that'll mean we get a great FM8 (hopefully) but for me it's far too early to tell. I'd also like GT7 to improve enough that beating it will be hard.

But looking to the past we can all make our own minds up and discuss those pros and cons, but the pros and cons will vary from person to person.

Last edited:
Hi all!

I don't give a **** about the console war so I will just try to answer the main question of this thread.
No, it won't get left behind. Mostly because they're not on the same hardware, and players who like racing games and own both consoles will probably play both games anyway.

Personally I always loved GT and it's still my favorite video game license. GT7 might even be my favorite GT so far.

The level of details for each car and the differences in handling feels better than ever, especially playing on wheel. The dynamic weather, day and night cycle, the lightning effects, the replays and scapes, all in this game looks quite impressive to me, even after playing the game for about 650 hours.

I love the customization too, and the livery editor is amazing with the help of a great communauty and talented contents creators.

The game keeps on improving and bringing FREE new conents with every new updates, still there's a lot of players acting like spoiled little brats, like anything PD could do won't find favor in their eyes. They're important too, even if I'd like to slap some of them in the face sometimes, cause PD will listen to them and keep on improving the game and fixing issues we mostly didn't even know about, but honestly with the last updates there's not many things left to improve. Fixing the last lobby and online race issues, after that it's all about bringing new tracks, cars and events. And VR, which is what I want the most in GT7! 🤤

I think that we're a lot of players really enjoying the game. Just taking a look at some comments on this thread or on the biggest youtube channels comforts me thinking that. GT7 is literally everywhere on internet and youtube.

That doesn't make my affairs since I make GT7 and GT sport contents on Youtube too, and it's really hard to compete and get out of the mass... But that's what it is, still the best selling racing game license so far, whatever we could say and how good other games will come out won't change the fact that GT has a huge fan base and regular players. I mean, I have a cousin who has kept on buying all new PS console for the last 20 years just for GT, I've never seen him playing anything else... xD
I love playing racing games and even if I love the feeling and handling of Assetto Corsa or arcade games like Midnight Club, I would never play it as much as I can play GT games.
And that's great to have many different propositions so that players can find the game that suits them the most, should it be ACC, GT, Forza, or even NFS.

All I hope is that both GT and Forza keep on improving so that both PS and Xbox owners can enjoy good first party sim/simcade games, and Polyphony as well as Turn10 will have to give their best with every new episode 👍

Anyway, if some of you you want to take a look at my channel, here's my last video with the Escudo which was a lot of fun to play on dirt!

It's a very small channel but I give my best to share with others what I love the most in this game. Like driving 60's and 70's or JDM classics, making custom race replays while showing sone of my favorite liveries from the communauty, trying a lot of different cars in VR on GT sport, or just sharing setups for some of the game events.

If you like GT too, you're more than welcome!

Last edited:
The game keeps on improving and bringing FREE new conents with every new updates, still there's a lot of players acting like spoiled little brats, like anything PD could do won't find favor in their eyes.
That "FREE new conents" was part of the $70 price. It isn't free. Nobody bought the game hoping for it to be in the state it is, less than half finished and full of bugs. Wanting a finished product that isn't a half-assed copy/paste of the previous game isn't being spoiled.

That "FREE new conents" was part of the $70 price. It isn't free. Nobody bought the game hoping for it to be in the state it is, less than half finished and full of bugs. Wanting a finished product that isn't a half-assed copy/paste of the previous game isn't being spoiled.
This is the first time I’ve seen this argument for GT7 (it was said A LOT during Sports updates!)

Awww?
Free DLC are part of full price games?
Good to know! I'll have to get refund for all the DLC I paid so far, dumb as I am!
I bought the game for it to be in the state it is, not perfect but far more than half finished, and for all the bugs you're talking about, I may had one in more than 600 hours, and it was so inconsequent that I can't even remember what it was...

EDIT: as for the spoiled brats, I just think that some people should stop whining every single day about why they dislike GT7 so much and just try playing other games.

Last edited:
@Papiculo64 many people aren't critical of the game because they aren't getting enough free post launch content or because PD can't do anything worthy of praise, they're critical because of how the game was at launch and how little has been done to rectify it.

The game is seriously lacking single player races, and yet a lot of people pre-ordered on the basis that Kaz stated it was the most complete GT game to date. It has fewer races than every numbered GT since the original in 1997.

Things like the last two licenses serving no purpose, race events missing which we had seen in screenshots and videos and a lot of cars that had no races at all. Tracks like monza have a single race to make use of and the games economy is heavilly tilted towards encouraging microtransactions (regardless of if you use them or not). The game is massively flawed in number of ways. Some of the issues might matter less to people who love to grind or play almost exclusively online, but that's not most people.

There are postiives, you outlined a few yourself, but please avoid calling people who disagree "little brats" you lose credibility in the process.

Last edited:
I don't give a **** about the console war so I will just try to answer the main question of this thread.
No, it won't get left behind. Mostly because they're not on the same hardware, and players who like racing games and own both consoles will probably play both games anyway.
The imaginary console wars are for 12-year-olds.

@Papiculo64 many people aren't critical of the game because they aren't getting enough free post launch content or because PD can't do anything worthy of praise, they're critical because of how the game was at launch and how little has been done to rectify it.

The game is seriously lacking single player races, and yet a lot of people pre-ordered on the basis that Kaz stated it was the most complete GT game to date. It has fewer races than every numbered GT since the original in 1997.

Things like the last two licenses serving no purpose, race events missing which we had seen in screenshots and videos)and a lot of cars that had no races at all. Tracks like monza have a single race to make use of and the games economy is heavilly tilted towards encouraging microtransactions (regardless of if you use them or not). The game is massively flawed in number of ways. Some of the issues might matter less to people who love to grind or play almost exclusively online, but that's not most people.

There are postiives, you outlined a few yourself, but please avoid calling people who disagree "little brats" you lose all credibility in the process.
Man, I don't call people who disagree little brats, and I'm sorry if you felt I was talking of you like Kratos seemingly did.
I'm talking about people whining every single days about GT7, that's totally different of just disagreeing or saying its disappointment calmly and with arguments like you just did. There's a lot of people overreacting and doing dramas all day long and for some of them it reached the point that they just should stop playing the game for their own sake... Nobody forces them to play, If they dislike the game that much why keep on playing it? And if they don't play it, what's the point in whining about it every day?
There's something I don't grasp about that kind of mentality.

I spent an hour typing my thoughts but really, I deleted it all just to say:

No.

Sod it, I'll type some stuff anyway:

If people really want to go with one game over the other, fine, but everyone always feels the need to justify their opinions in forums, videos and comment sections.

Forza will be on pc and Xbox and made available via game pass which (if its like FH5) can mean the game can be picked up or played for a VERY cheap price in comparison, not to mention that it'll be available to a lot more people than GT7 is. The numbers will probably be higher for Forza but they have the good events and standing starts in general whereas GT7 has great driving physics with a wheel and finally great sound for the cars, attention to detail is also something overshadowed (exhausts change physically and audibly AND has heat haze from the exhausts that can be noticed on replays).

Hopefully FM8 will push GT7 to get a lot more events in with standing starts as that's one key bit that they need. And Forza really need to not have rubber banding AI that I thought was ditched last millennium! As well as to be great to use a wheel with (I've always felt their games are tailored to a gamepad rather than wheel).

Pretty much always. They just disguise it a bit better.

Sorry, I thought they were talking about the AI always catching up with the player, not the other way around. It's a long video though so I might have missed something.

Something else I don't understand is that FM is criticised for prioritising graphics over gameplay while at the same time it's criticised for not having gud graphics like Gran Turismo. This sounds contradictory to me, like "the enemy must appear strong and weak at the same time".

Last edited:
Sorry, I thought they were talking about the AI always catching up with the player, not the other way around. It's a long video though so I might have missed something.
Rubber banding works both ways. It allows the player to catch up but then also allows the AI to keep up once the player is in the lead.
Something else I don't understand is that FM is criticised for prioritising graphics over gameplay while at the same time it's criticised for not having gud graphics like Gran Turismo. This sounds contradictory to me, like "the enemy must appear strong and weak at the same time".
Graphics over gameplay is something that both Forza and GT get criticised for as far as I know, but it's more to do with how good/bad the simulation side of the gameplay is. Both have slightly different artistic styles but I consider them pretty equal in most aspects, it's when games like ACC are brought into the comparison that it shows up the simulation side lacking.

To me all games have good and bad aspects but none of their bad aspects make them bad enough that I wouldn't play any of them, be it graphics, FFB, or whatever really. I play some games with a controller when I want to play more relaxed for example. Different games for different moods is the way I see it.

Rubber banding works both ways. It allows the player to catch up but then also allows the AI to keep up once the player is in the lead.
I hadn't noticed the AI catching up, think I lapped them in a couple of places. 🤷🏾

Last edited:
Thing is, it’s not about abandoning either game. It’s about which game is the complete package.

We’re asking what PD brought to the table that T10(?) have to go back to the development board? Music Rally? Engine swaps(something else FM been doing)? UFOs? Rabbits?

PD finally got the sounds improved(by recruiting the sound person from Forza).

PD built the foundation from GT-GT4. They’re riding on that fan base and bet on that fan base for GT7(I do wonder how many, new to the franchise players, bought GT7).

Thing is, as of this recent update… horns. Without the engine glitch, could you imagine the uproar?

I hadn't noticed the AI catching up, think I lapped them in a couple of places. 🤷🏾
It's more about keeping up once you've caught them and overtaken for the lead, sometimes from a long, long way back. The scale of rubber banding will usually change depending on your settings.

I've lapped the AI in GT many times too, but that doesn't mean there's no rubber banding ;)

I've lapped the AI in GT many times too, but that doesn't mean there's no rubber banding ;)
Nobody did, just that it's easy to miss when compared to say the Horizon series.

Last edited:

I've always referred to rubber banding as the lead two or three AI cars will set impossibly quick opening laps getting ahead of me by as much as 15 to 20 seconds in a 12 lap or so race but then they slow dramatically so that by the last few laps I've caught and passed them. So they get stretched out then snap back hence the term rubber banding.

I also got blasted on Youtube for referring to the AI. Someone said, "Have you even played the game? It's not AI it's drivatars!!" Ok then whatever is controlling the other cars in the game THAT I'M NOT DRIVING, whatever you want to call that.

Nobody did
I just mentioned it as a direct comparison to this...
I was merely showing that it doesn't mean there's no rubber banding in either of them.

just that it's easy to miss when compared to say the Horizon series.
And nobody mentioned Horizon either. It is a thread about GT7 and Forza Motorsport 8 after all ;)

As was said earlier on this page, some games hide it better than others.

Back