WMA International Touring Car Championship Season II

• Thread starter ITCC_Andrew
  • 1,272 comments

Which points system should we use?

• 1: 40 per race, 20 pole position, 0 points second in qualifying

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That's how I thought the 86GT was. Polar won't like that... Back on Page 1/2 he was adamant of having a second season of Toyota 86GT.

perhaps if we make it the BR-Z, drop the Subaru WRX's, and replace the FT86 with the Corolla AEROTOURER, same with the mitsi, drop the EVO and use the FTO, same with VW, we could drop the new golf for the old golf or scirocco,

TDZdave
perhaps if we make it the BR-Z, drop the Subaru WRX's, and replace the FT86 with the Corolla AEROTOURER, same with the mitsi, drop the EVO and use the FTO, same with VW, we could drop the new golf for the old golf or scirocco,

I'm not for the 86/brz/frs in this series. It's a fish out of water. Last season, it was a spec nightmare. It would need to be nerfed pretty heavily from last year.

I'm not for the 86/brz/frs in this series. It's a fish out of water. Last season, it was a spec nightmare. It would need to be nerfed pretty heavily from last year.

I agree but I would prefer to run against it then the AWD car's,

I strongly disagree. From the cars we've been asked to spec, the minority have been FF's. the majority have been AWD and FR. Last season was a spec nightmare for more than just the 86/frs/brz. The RX-7 was even faster, and believe it or not, a lot of the FF's that people didn't race were about on pace with the FR's that everyone hated.

From last night's test, I believe we are sticking more to last season's race distances and format. This will nearly eliminate the tire wear issues which made the FR cars seemingly so quick.

We aren't really using last year's specs even as a base, since the base spec has been changed from 276, 1100 to 276, 1200. We aren't using the same tires either, which effects specs more than one would think. Current spec is 256, 1230. This seems to be a nice place to begin the pre-season at. At yesterday's testing, Mel and I were close to dead even at motegi, then we went to cape ring inside, which he switched to the Volvo, and we were pretty close (too many incidents to be certain). He had the gearing screwed up in his lancer, so that test didn't show proper results. When the BMW showed up... We both got blown out... And I even added some HP. When we went to trial mountain, Mel was the fastest and I was with the vectra (a Opel car I reckon) so the different tracks will give different cars advantages.

So to even things out-

A diverse schedule

Only spec cars that will be used

Shortish races where tire wear will not have a impact to eliminate that from the issue.

Toyota comes good on its promise to launch affordable rear-drive coupe as 86 lands from under $30,000

Toyota has honoured its commitment to produce an exciting new affordable sportscar by announcing a starting price of just $29,990 for the ground-breaking 86 coupe at its official Australian launch today.

Just sayin' ;).

^^^^
Subaru are also releasing a BRZ STI at $39,990, That's nearly $30,000 cheaper then a proper WRX STI

polarbear345
I strongly disagree. From the cars we've been asked to spec, the minority have been FF's. the majority have been AWD and FR. Last season was a spec nightmare for more than just the 86/frs/brz. The RX-7 was even faster, and believe it or not, a lot of the FF's that people didn't race were about on pace with the FR's that everyone hated.

From last night's test, I believe we are sticking more to last season's race distances and format. This will nearly eliminate the tire wear issues which made the FR cars seemingly so quick.

We aren't really using last year's specs even as a base, since the base spec has been changed from 276, 1100 to 276, 1200. We aren't using the same tires either, which effects specs more than one would think. Current spec is 256, 1230. This seems to be a nice place to begin the pre-season at. At yesterday's testing, Mel and I were close to dead even at motegi, then we went to cape ring inside, which he switched to the Volvo, and we were pretty close (too many incidents to be certain). He had the gearing screwed up in his lancer, so that test didn't show proper results. When the BMW showed up... We both got blown out... And I even added some HP. When we went to trial mountain, Mel was the fastest and I was with the vectra (a Opel car I reckon) so the different tracks will give different cars advantages.

So to even things out-

A diverse schedule

Only spec cars that will be used

Shortish races where tire wear will not have a impact to eliminate that from the issue.

3 door minimum...... not 2 and a trunk.

polarbear345
Mel approved it because in the Canadian Touring cars, there is a Hyundai genesis Coupe, so we are using the 86/frs/brz as a replacement.

Whatever he says. I thought touring car was 3 doors or more.

I drove one IRL a few years ago, a bit gutless but otherwise not a bad bit of kit,

Yea, maybe 256 HP, if we go in increments. 260 would be ideal, but I'm not sure if people would cheat...

I was dead even with your Lancer at 262 1230. But that BMW was a MONSTER.

TBH, I added some HP to keep up with it at Cape Ring Inside :embarrassed: I ran 266... So not much, but I was at least able to keep it in the draft. I still didn't have ANYTHING for him at all. Shall we just ban the car before it gets to the season? The thing is so fast it's not funny....

The 120i ran at base specs (276 HP / 1200 kg) this should explain why it was hard for you to follow with the GT 86.
So, i think if the BMW had 262 HP / 1230 kg it should be even with the toyota

The 120i ran at base specs (276 HP / 1200 kg) this should explain why it was hard for you to follow with the GT 86.
So, i think if the BMW had 262 HP / 1230 kg it should be even with the toyota

That explains why you were so fast!

Mel approved it because in the Canadian Touring cars, there is a Hyundai genesis Coupe, so we are using the 86/frs/brz as a replacement.

Whatever he says. I thought touring car was 3 doors or more.

I approved it, because I needed your support to start up ITCC season II.

I still think we should run only 3 doors or more. I was getting sick of seeing the lower roofline on the BRZ. It was too low to look like a touring car. Meanwhile, the Evo, Scirocco, Impreza, Golf, Renault Megane, MINI Cooper, and a few others all have a rather large/tall roofline. They look a bit taller, and all fit together, in terms of size.

So, given the research, I'd like to go against the 2-doors.

The FTO and BRZ families are just a bit too aerodynamic, with too good center of gravity etc.; they're a bit faster.

Ideally, I'd also like to see a few people running similar cars (I.e. Teammates.) I don't want to see 16 entirely different cars, and have the field running way too spread out. Everyone seems to have the talent to win, given the right circumstances and accurate specs. But, I don't want to see a BRZ being passed on the straights because nerf, and then getting held up in the corners... That's not fair to the BRZ driver.

I approved it, because I needed your support to start up ITCC season II.

I still think we should run only 3 doors or more. I was getting sick of seeing the lower roofline on the BRZ. It was too low to look like a touring car. Meanwhile, the Evo, Scirocco, Impreza, Golf, Renault Megane, MINI Cooper, and a few others all have a rather large/tall roofline. They look a bit taller, and all fit together, in terms of size.

So, given the research, I'd like to go against the 2-doors.

The FTO and BRZ families are just a bit too aerodynamic, with too good center of gravity etc.; they're a bit faster.

Ideally, I'd also like to see a few people running similar cars (I.e. Teammates.) I don't want to see 16 entirely different cars, and have the field running way too spread out. Everyone seems to have the talent to win, given the right circumstances and accurate specs. But, I don't want to see a BRZ being passed on the straights because nerf, and then getting held up in the corners... That's not fair to the BRZ driver.

You'll probably find cars like the BRZ and FR-S in the Touring Car class of the SCCA Pirelli World Challenge, along with the Mazda RX-8. Personally, I don't think of those as touring cars to be honest. They're more along the lines of full sports cars. But that's just my opinion.

well push come shove we could drop them, and create a GT-4 championship later on in the year,
BRZ,
FT86,
FR-S,
S15,
S2000,
RX-7,
Integra,
Tiburon,
Alfa GTV6,
Audi TT (FF)
Prelude,
TF160
FTO GP VR
180SX
200SX
300ZX
Speedster
Elise
307CC
Celica TRD
MR-S
MR-2
well you get the Idea, Budget sports coupe's, at around 1100KG at 315BHP maximum,

Last edited:
Hey Guys :)
I have tested some of the cars which fit for this series. The track were I tested them is Twin Ring Motegi East Course. All cars ran on Racing Hard tires, top speed set to 260 and with full aero. The first time is the best lap and the second one the time it took to complete 5 laps (standing start). Hopefully it will make specs easier.

BMW 120d '04 276 HP / 1200 kg / 471 PP | 01:28.609 | 07:32.425

BMW 120i '04 276 HP / 1200 kg / 454 PP | 01:29.008 | 07:34.110

BMW 330i '05 276 HP / 1240 kg / 417 PP | 01:29.528 | 07:35.138

Toyota GT 86 '12 276 HP / 1200 kg / 440 PP | 01:28.286 | 07:29.294

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR P.P. '07 276 HP / 1247 kg / 477 PP | 01:30.774 | 07:40.885

Audi S3 '03 276 HP / 1200 kg / 471 PP | 01:29.437 | 07:36.470

VW Scirocco R '10 276 HP / 1200 kg / 471 PP | 01:29.996 | 07:39.048

Mini Cooper S Counrtyman '11 276 HP / 1200 kg / 454 PP | 01:30.818 | 07:42.219

Notice the 86GT is faster than the rest except the 120i... It's not fit for this series.

Or, Dave, we won't make a GT4 championship now.

No.

We're sticking with touring cars. Not Grand Touring cars.

Therefore, I'll put up a list of cars I'd like to see:

(BTCC = British touring car, STCC = Swedish, CTCC = Canadian, Pirelli = Pirelli World Challenge, VLN = Veranstaltungen Langenstreckenpokal Nürburgring, WTCC = World Touring Car)

Alfa Romeo 147 GTA (WTCC/STCC)

images

Audi S4/A4 (STCC)

images

BMW 120 (VLN)

Click

BMW 330i (WTCC/STCC/BTCC)

stcc_krash.jpg

Honda Accord Euro Type R (WTCC/STCC/CTCC)

stock-photo-july-j-thompson-honda-accord-euro-r-wtcc-race-at-estoril-portugal-20685661.jpg

Honda Civic Type R '08 (STCC/BTCC/CTCC)

Click for photo

Volkswagen Scirocco R (STCC)

Click for photo

Lexus IS-00

Click

Vauxhall/Opel Vectra (BTCC/STCC)

Click

Volvo S60/C30 (STCC/WTCC)

Click

SEAT Leon/Cupra (STCC/WTCC)

Click

Click

Toyota Corolla Aerotourer (STCC)

Click

Peugeot 407 (STCC/WTCC)

Click

Ford Focus ST (BTCC)

Click

Mitsubishi Lancer Evo (CTCC/Britcar)

Click

Subaru Impreza WRX STi (CTCC)

Click

Nissan ---SX (hatchback only) (CTCC) (requested by whiskymaser)

Click

Mazda 6 (Pirelli)

Click

Volkswagen Golf VI R (CTCC)

Click

Volkswagen Golf V (CTCC/BTCC)

Click

Volkswagen Golf IV (CTCC)

Click

Mazda Protegé (CTCC/Pirelli)

Click

Renault Mégane (????)

Click

Citroën Xsara VTR (Irish Touring Car)

Click

Now, for all of the cars listed above (excluding the Golf Mk. IV) I have specs.

286 1280:

Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X
Subaru Impreza WRX STi
Audi S4/A4

276 1200:

everything not listed below or above

276 1250:

BMW 330i
Volkswagen Golf VI R
Lexus IS200/300
Nissan ---SX (hatchback only)

246 1200:

VW Scirocco

246 1250:

BMW 120

This weekend, we're running those specs! Run those specs!

Last edited:
no I meant regarding the use of the BRZ type cars, potentially later in the year W.M.A could sanction a GT4 championship, thus making GT4 type cars redundant from ITCC, to make way for your STCC/ WTCC/ TOCA/ BTCC type cars,

I'll stay with my neon. I'm interested to see if it is anywhere close to the others

I've tested 3 cars at the desired 276BHP/ 1200KG at Motegi east and my best was a 1.31.1XX

Ooh, I forgot about the Mazda 6.

Now... do I stick with the Focus ST, or do I go for the Mazda 6 which is just a Mondeo in disguise? And you all know how much I love Mondeos... :lol:

Back