WMA International Touring Car Championship Season II

• Thread starter ITCC_Andrew
  • 1,272 comments

Which points system should we use?

• 1: 40 per race, 20 pole position, 0 points second in qualifying

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How will we know everyone is at spec? I don't like cheaters.

Nice pick post xD

Yea, we all know people cheated last season. Mel, if you don't think people did, you're kidding yourself. Random spec checks are a very good idea. Don't say who, just test 3-4 cars at random. People will forgive you for screwing their qualifying laps.

Penalty for failing-

Chances are, it's not their first time cheating. If you fail a spec check, you can't race that round. It's that simple. That and -10 championship points, to their end of the year total. That way they can't drop their penalty.

Nice selection Mel. Now the discussions should have an end 👍
I'll take the BMW 330i.

You can still use the 120, I just want to say that the 120 will be heavily down-on-specs. It's surprisingly fast.

I'll stay with my neon. I'm interested to see if it is anywhere close to the others

Okay. I don't have one built to ITCC specs, so... I'll trust you on this.

I've tested 3 cars at the desired 276BHP/ 1200KG at Motegi east and my best was a 1.31.1XX

Is that a common number? Or are you finding that the cars are split by a huge amount of time?

Ooh, I forgot about the Mazda 6.

Now... do I stick with the Focus ST, or do I go for the Mazda 6 which is just a Mondeo in disguise? And you all know how much I love Mondeos... :lol:

It's your decision. I won't sway you either way.

Not sure if I will race. Are the prizes for sure?

Yes. :)

How will we know everyone is at spec? I don't like cheaters.

Because James isn't here, and because I'm planning on running scrutineering, pre- and post-race.

Nice pick post xD

Yea, we all know people cheated last season. Mel, if you don't think people did, you're kidding yourself. Random spec checks are a very good idea. Don't say who, just test 3-4 cars at random. People will forgive you for screwing their qualifying laps.

Penalty for failing-

Chances are, it's not their first time cheating. If you fail a spec check, you can't race that round. It's that simple. That and -10 championship points, to their end of the year total. That way they can't drop their penalty.

Pretty much.

And, I'm not closing the spec request system, until everyone's satisfied. If not a single car in that list is what you wanted, tell me. I'll try to spec the next car, then, too.

What about the Mazda Atenza Sport 25Z '07 and are both Mazda6 versions allowed?

What about the Mazda Atenza Sport 25Z '07 and are both Mazda6 versions allowed?

If it's remotely close to a Mazda 6, or is just a renamed Mazda 6, it's a Mazda 6.

However, the concept car's AWD. If anyone wants to run that car, I'll have to spec it separately; I'll try it at the AWD specs first.

You can still use the 120, I just want to say that the 120 will be heavily down-on-specs. It's surprisingly fast.

Ok but i think the 330i will be the better choice for me with these specs. Anyway its a BMW ;)

Because James isn't here, and because I'm planning on running scrutineering, pre- and post-race.

Are you going to do this like you did at preseason testing? I think this was a good way to prevent cheating. You just need a second person who looks if someone changes his settings while you change the regulations.

Ok but i think the 330i will be the better choice for me with these specs. Anyway its a BMW ;)

Are you going to do this like you did at preseason testing? I think this was a good way to prevent cheating. You just need a second person who looks if someone changes his settings while you change the regulations.

1. polarbear345
2. cnd01
3. whiskymaser (granted, he can't be the one changing his specs, like last time)
4. tbwhhs (a trusted non-member of WMA)

I was on the phone with whiskymaser at the time, I okay'd it.

I mean, surely someone would see that, right?

I missed the Cape Ring Inside test this past Sunday, and I apologize if need-be. But I was able to do a private test there on Monday in my Scirocco and had no trouble cracking the 1-minute mark on both Prime and Option tires. I also tested that day at Autumn Ring Mini, and ran a sub-40 sec. lap on the Racing Hards. Earlier, I ran a test at Trial Mountain and ran a 1:37 on the Primes and 1:35 on the Options. Based on the testing done so far, which in addition to the Grand Valley East test for me has also included Twin Ring Motegi East, High Speed Ring, Circuito de Madrid, and Daytona Road Course (are we gonna race that one?), I've gathered some info on just how many laps each race could be. To measure this, I see how many laps I can run in the timespan for Race 1, which is 10 minutes. Here's what I've gathered so far:

Twin Ring Motegi East Short Course Race 1: 7 laps
Twin Ring Motegi East Short Course Race 2: 14 laps
Twin Ring Motegi East Short Course Race 3: 21 laps

High Speed Ring Race 1: 8 laps
High Speed Ring Race 2: 16 laps
High Speed Ring Race 3: 24 laps

Grand Valley East Race 1: 10 laps
Grand Valley East Race 2: 20 laps
Grand Valley East Race 3: 30 laps

Trial Mountain Race 1: 7 laps
Trial Mountain Race 2: 14 laps
Trial Mountain Race 3: 21 laps

Circuito de Madrid Race 1: 7 laps
Circuito de Madrid Race 2: 14 laps
Circuito de Madrid Race 3: 21 laps

Daytona Road Course Race 1: 5 laps
Daytona Road Course Race 2: 10 laps
Daytona Road Course Race 3: 15 laps

Cape Ring Inside Race 1: 11 laps
Cape Ring Inside Race 2: 22 laps
Cape Ring Inside Race 3: 33 laps

Autumn Ring Mini Race 1: 15 laps
Autumn Ring Mini Race 2: 30 laps
Autumn Ring Mini Race 3: 45 laps

Still haven't tested at Suzuka East, Nürburgring GP/D, Rome Reverse, and Clubman Stage Route 5. Will post data from those after testing at those tracks.

Wow, that's going straight into the original post! Thanks! :cheers:

Those lap calculations seem perfect. :)

Edit: your lap times also seem bang-on for our target lap times.

However, can I ask how many hp you had when you ran those lap times?

Wow, that's going straight into the original post! Thanks! :cheers:

Those lap calculations seem perfect. :)

Edit: your lap times also seem bang-on for our target lap times.

However, can I ask how many hp you had when you ran those lap times?

286 for the Cape Ring Inside and Autumn Ring Mini tests, and 265 for the Trial Mountain test.
Also, what venue will the next test session be at?

286 for the Cape Ring Inside and Autumn Ring Mini tests, and 265 for the Trial Mountain test.
Also, what venue will the next test session be at?

Oh, darn, that was supposed to be "overlooked" until tomorrow. But, since you asked, I'll crack, under the fierce interrogation: Trial Mountain.

This Saturday, try dropping your bhp -9. You should have 256 hp at 1200 kg.

At Grand Valley East, I noticed that the Scirocco was noticeably faster than any other car in a straight line (20 km/h faster.) As a result, I've decided to cut back 20 hp from the Scirocco. Your car should remain as fast (or faster) through the corners, while still allowing the other cars to keep up on the longer straights; it'll mean that we'll still have closer competition at Nürburgring GP/D and Daytona Road Course.

In terms of the pace you had at Trial Mountain, however, you're dead-on, so, I think your cornering speeds are fine. Thing is, my Evo won the Sunday testing at Trial Mountain, running around 1:35s, (if I remember correctly) by a "cushy" margin of about 1.2 seconds. :lol: Therefore, 1:35s are probably a very good pace. If you can keep running 1:35s in the Scirocco with -9 hp, you'll be in good contention for the win.

@MrMel, I dare say its more my lack of experience with tuning FF cars, but even still I don't think the Accord euro R is going to be on the pace,

@MrMel, I dare say its more my lack of experience with tuning FF cars, but even still I don't think the Accord euro R is going to be on the pace,

I tried it last season. It was on pace. I'd even test it this season, again, to prove it. If not, we could always still just bump it up to 286 hp, and 1200 kg, if it really does turn out to be a bit slow. But, I promise you, it's close, if not on-pace.

Oh, darn, that was supposed to be "overlooked" until tomorrow. But, since you asked, I'll crack, under the fierce interrogation: Trial Mountain.

This Saturday, try dropping your bhp -9. You should have 256 hp at 1200 kg.

At Grand Valley East, I noticed that the Scirocco was noticeably faster than any other car in a straight line (20 km/h faster.) As a result, I've decided to cut back 20 hp from the Scirocco. Your car should remain as fast (or faster) through the corners, while still allowing the other cars to keep up on the longer straights; it'll mean that we'll still have closer competition at Nürburgring GP/D and Daytona Road Course.

In terms of the pace you had at Trial Mountain, however, you're dead-on, so, I think your cornering speeds are fine. Thing is, my Evo won the Sunday testing at Trial Mountain, running around 1:35s, (if I remember correctly) by a "cushy" margin of about 1.2 seconds. :lol: Therefore, 1:35s are probably a very good pace. If you can keep running 1:35s in the Scirocco with -9 hp, you'll be in good contention for the win.

The current weight of my Scirocco is 1225-1235kg with Weight Reduction Stage 2, Carbon Hood Body Color, and Carbonate Windows upgrades, so I'll have to get Weight Reduction Stage 3 and add ballast afterwards, since Stage 3 will drop me below 1200kg.
And of all the cars I tested to decide my choice of vehicle, indeed, the Scirocco was blisteringly quick in a straight line. It's time on the Prime Tires on Daytona Road Course was faster than the next fastest car on the Option Tires.

Daytona Road Course Vehicle Decision-Making Test Times:
Audi S4
SS: 2:07.450
RH: 2:05.258

VW Golf VI R
SS: 2:06.054
RH: 2:04.678

VW Scirocco R
SS: 2:04.536
RH: 2:02.600

Subaru Impreza WRX STI spec C Type RA
SS: 2:06.187
RH: 2:04.871

And I tried to keep them close to the 276hp mark without going over by too much when I did those tryout tests. At Madrid, the Impreza was the fastest, while at Daytona Road Course, Motegi East and High Speed Ring, the Scirocco was the fastest, sometimes by more than a second.

I tried it last season. It was on pace. I'd even test it this season, again, to prove it. If not, we could always still just bump it up to 286 hp, and 1200 kg, if it really does turn out to be a bit slow. But, I promise you, it's close, if not on-pace.

I got my EP Civic and Renault Megane to go much faster then it, I still need to find 1.2 seconds in the Megane to be near pace though,

I did more race-distance testing at Suzuka East, Nürburgring GP/D, and Clubman Stage Route 5, and the figures are as follows:

Suzuka East Race 1: 11 laps
Suzuka East Race 2: 22 laps
Suzuka East Race 3: 33 laps

Nürburgring GP/D Race 1: 6 laps
Nürburgring GP/D Race 2: 12 laps
Nürburgring GP/D Race 3: 18 laps

Clubman Stage Route 5 Race 1: 11 laps
Clubman Stage Route 5 Race 2: 22 laps
Clubman Stage Route 5 Race 3: 33 laps

I still have no data in that regard for Rome Reverse. Also, all tests were done at the recommended specs of 256hp and 1200kg. My Scirocco had no trouble breaking the 1-minute mark on both tires at Suzuka East and on the Options at Clubman Stage Route 5. Best time for Nürburgring GP/D was in the 1:40 range.

I just ran a few laps of Nürb GP/D.

I got a 1:39.5 in the Mitsubishi. However, those were a few "in-the-zone" laps, they're very much not realistic of what to expect. But, the good news is that we're close to finished with specs, as long as they're as accurate as the testing seems... Hopefully everything works.

And, polarbear, don't worry, if BMW scores too many points, its spec won't be final 'til a bit later on.

Sorry guys I have to drop out of this. Been real busy lately and think its better if I just concentrate on one series.
Best of luck

Sorry for double post, posting new & important info:

Given that tomorrow's race is Trial Mountain, I will be releasing a video driver's meeting later today. I would like it if you watched it.

It will cover everything that everyone will need to know about race procedure (starts, lobby etiquette, etc.,) track-specific considerations, rules (corner cutting etc.) and changes.

Also, expect PMs, some of you.

Sorry for double post, posting new & important info:

Given that tomorrow's race is cnd Mountain, I will be releasing a video driver's meeting later today. I would like it if you watched it.

It will cover everything that everyone will need to know about race procedure (starts, lobby etiquette, etc.,) track-specific considerations, rules (corner cutting etc.) and changes.

Also, expect PMs, some of you.

Fixed it for you :)

Latest Posts

Back