World Classic Car Challenge - Results Posted

• Thread starter HaylRayzor
  • 422 comments
Guys, did no one read the tune details? :( I specified -10/-10 in the actual tune on my Tuning Garage thread, I'm sorry for the confusion. I thought, though, that it reset all of my tuning parameters back to stock. Last time I borrowed a car from someone, their tune wasn't there, so I just sorta thought that it didn't happen.

No problem. Whatever tune you have on the car when you put it on share is what people get when they borrow it.

If you could put your correct tune on the car that would be great. That way we can just borrow it and go.

I also noticed the transmission gears were changed so please reset the trans gears and then set the final gear.

No problem. Whatever tune you have on the car when you put it on share is what people get when they borrow it.

If you could put your correct tune on the car that would be great. That way we can just borrow it and go.

I also noticed the transmission gears were changed so please reset the trans gears and then set the final gear.

I did reset the gears, and then changed the final gear. :grumpy: I don't understand. :( I'm sorry.

I'll change the ride height, though. :)

Added the time and review of MrMelancholy15's entry here.👍👍

Ooooooohhh, my plan worked. :)

So, considering that... I'd like to know if anyone's currently using it, before I take it down and make changes. Please post, testers, if you're using my inaccurate tune!

When I borrowed MrMelancholy's car the suspension was still set to -25 so I set it to -10.

The transmission still has the stock final gear ration but all other ratios are different. I'm not sure why this is but I need to know what the final gear ratio should be since it's not specified in the tune.

I don't have it borrowed now so it's all yours.

When I borrowed MrMelancholy's car the suspension was still set to -25 so I set it to -10.

The transmission still has the stock final gear ration but all other ratios are different. I'm not sure why this is but I need to know what the final gear ratio should be since it's not specified in the tune.

I don't have it borrowed now so it's all yours.

Thanks. :) I'm changing it now!

Ooooooohhh, my plan worked. :)

So, considering that... I'd like to know if anyone's currently using it, before I take it down and make changes. Please post, testers, if you're using my inaccurate tune!
I looked at your posted tune to try and verify that the shared cars settings were the same as your tune. Think I've matched the tune now and not retesting again unless there was a major error I missed somehow this time.:drool:

Note because of the issues with the shared car MrMelancholy's car received around 20 more laps than all the other entries except my own tune of course. (sorry no way to avoid my own car getting the extra laps since they were during tuning and not testing.:odd:)
If anyone really feels that the extra laps for MrMelancholy is unfair to them with my posted times and comments I'll consider giving them a few more laps, but I really feel I've gotten pretty close to my best possible time from all the cars thus far.:cheers:

Special Guest Tune

Bleu Thunder
Alpine A110 1600S ‘73

This car is not part of the official challenge. It fits in the rules using the 900kg rule.

I ran a 1:19.826 with this car. Sacre Bleu!

bluthunder.jpg

152HP
900kg
386PP

ECU Tuning
Sports Exhaust
Adjustable Transmission
Adjustable Suspension

Ballast 185kg
Position -12

Power Limit 99.8%

Suspension
RH -6 0
SR 10.0 4.5
DE 5 6
DC 7 4
AR 4 1
Cmb 1.0 1.2
Toe 0.10 0.20

Brakes 5 5

Transmission
Final Gear 3.673

bluthunder2.jpg

Last edited:
Please reset the transmission and then set your final ratio. I can't test or put the car on share until this is corrected.

Thanks, I quoted the final ratio wrong and missed listing the ECU. Final ratio = 3.480.

Good luck testers.

MrGrado's tune is on share, and I put Bleu Thunder on share also (just for fun).

Since I don't believe jack will be submitting a tune I've updated my reviews with times.

Good Job Tuners!

Last edited:
DigitalBaka BMW 2002

Time: 1:2X.XXX

Drivability: X

DigitalBaka BMW 2002 Turbo

Fastest Time - 1:23.068

Here again, another car in which I found myself smoking. It was hard to control the way the car took the corners, but I liked the speed. Gonna give this one a 3/5..

4. DigitalBaka - 2002 Turbo....1:22.897

Love driving this car. The more I drove it the more I loved it. I normally drive hard and aggressively (not to be confused with alien-like speed/ability) and being forced to rein in these tendencies I found brought out the best this little box had to offer. Easy to flick around hitting the two doubles, and quite easy to control the squirrelling coming through both sets if you stayed aware of the teeth waiting for you. I had no problems maintaining top speed through the 'S's coming up the hill. My natural inclination to hold back through the sweepers for fear of hanging sideways was well founded, but I found that I could still maintain a good straight line speed through both turns without feeling like I was going on a Sunday drive.

Not my quickest ride so far, but the most enjoyable. 1.8/5

Digitalbaka..BMW 2002 Turbo 73...1.21.944
My head hurts, way too much concentration needed to keep this car pointing in the right direction, in saying that i found that the turn in for the first section of corners was quite good, then you hit the sweeper before the bridge
and you just can't accelerate out of it,evan at half throttle it wants to slide, i had no problems with the s curve after the tunnel, once i got used to the car i could go through at full throttle.
Over all a pretty good tune except for the rear end
3/5

DigitalBaka : ( 2002 Turbo '73 ) :

Lap time : 1:22:331
Car drive: ( 3 / 5 )
I didn' enjoy it for car i need to take time lap from it but if i drive it in a race i'm sure i will smack down every classic car in the track with same pp because of the long weight shifting between the front and the rear keeping the car take the corner with perfect drifting still but you can't take agood time lap from it . This my first car i test it to be my entry car but felt down because of the reason .keep the good work Digital 👍

DigitalBaka BMW 2002 Turbo '73, "Sharky Jr." 1:21.843 3/5
Good job of taming the notoriously tail happy bimmer for the most part. Stable and quick through the first sector but things go a bit south after that. Finding the perfect balance of braking, throttle and speed to keep the rear in check through the sweepers is a major challenge. The S curve after the tunnel can also prove tricky to negotiate at full throttle if your line isn't nearly perfect. I had to put in a half dozen extra laps just to get the time I did. Considering some of the Shootouts restrictions I doubt anyone could have done better with this car. It's just a little to prone to wagging its tail in stock form. Overall not a bad tune but for me at least, I found you had to work to hard for the final result to really be able to enjoy it.

Thanks to the testers for a job well done. :cheers: It seems clear from the comments and times that a particular driving style is needed to get "Sharky" around the track fast and/or fun. As I said in my comments if you are following along and haven't taken it out for a spin, you have to adapt to the car as it will not happen the other way around. :lol:

Once this event is over I will take it down and play with it some more based on the feedback here. I think a quick add of an LSD will improve the handling greatly and I will probably give it a bump up to 400PP.

Again, thanks to all who put in the effort to drive and give feedback. :bowdown:

MrGrado's tune is on share, and I put Bleu Thunder on share also (just for fun).

Since I don't believe jack will be submitting a tune I've updated my reviews with times.

Good Job Tuners!

Hmmm, jackthalad's also a tuner in my Winter Stars Tuning Garage. :ouch: I wonder where he is, 'cuz there's nothing like seeing who's the better tuner out of the two of us.

Jack's PS3 had a meltdown recently; I'm sure he's still in the process of building his garage up again. :indiff:

There are times in my results now. :)

I updated my tune. The gears were wrong, but, not according to my specs. Is it possible that someone else changed them? I mean, I saw -10/-10 for ride height when I took it off of the share. :nervous: :scared: I don't know what to think of it.

Hmmm, jackthalad's also a tuner in my Winter Stars Tuning Garage. :ouch: I wonder where he is, 'cuz there's nothing like seeing who's the better tuner out of the two of us.

Hey mrMelancholy I just sent you a FR , please respond so I can give your car some laps.

I updated my tune. The gears were wrong, but, not according to my specs. Is it possible that someone else changed them? I mean, I saw -10/-10 for ride height when I took it off of the share. :nervous: :scared: I don't know what to think of it.

Nobody else can change your tune on your shared car, except for themselves. If I change the gears it only changes for me. Only the owner can make permanent changes.

Nobody else can change your tune on your shared car, except for themselves. If I change the gears it only changes for me. Only the owner can make permanent changes.

I'm so confused. I don't know what happened. The tune I shared was not the correct tune. :(

I'm so confused. I don't know what happened. The tune I shared was not the correct tune. :(

I checked out your gears. What you had on share was essentially identical to what you could get by just adjusting the final, so I called it good.

The ride height I just adjusted before I tested. The car drove better at -10 than -25 (no surprise).

I checked out your gears. What you had on share was essentially identical to what you could get by just adjusting the final, so I called it good.

The ride height I just adjusted before I tested. The car drove better at -10 than -25 (no surprise).

I don't know how the Top Speed nor Ride height got adjusted as that, then. :( Anyways, I'm glad that it's fixed. The new one's up, with all of the glitches fixed.

I have seen this happen before when I hosted Praiano's 86. I set it to have SH tires but it shared on SS. When I took it offline it still had SH on. I went out, came back, reshared and everything was OK. I think it has to do with the settings when the game was last saved....maybe. When I did the 86 I switched out of it, went into the garage page, changed tires and put it up right away.

Not sure if it is a glitch or what but I have definitely seen the issue before.

I have seen this happen before when I hosted Praiano's 86. I set it to have SH tires but it shared on SS. When I took it offline it still had SH on. I went out, came back, reshared and everything was OK. I think it has to do with the settings when the game was last saved....maybe. When I did the 86 I switched out of it, went into the garage page, changed tires and put it up right away.

Not sure if it is a glitch or what but I have definitely seen the issue before.

So, please don't think I was cheating or anything?

Testers, please let my know when you update your results. I am working on a spreadsheet of the results that I will post when all results are in.

Reminder: I am hosting MrGrado's Karmann Ghia, so FR me if I'm not already in your friends list.

So Far:
.............. Newdriver Melancholy Theo777 krenkme acsr421 Desperado Digital trackripper MrGrado
HaylRayzor 20.982.... 20.611..... 21.395.. 21.964.. 21.198.. 20.707.... 20.882.. 21.186... 21.908
GT916...... 23.095.... none....... 24.159... 23.584.. 22.365.. 23.319.... 23.068.. 23.845... none..
frenzal...... 21.642.... none....... 23.331... 22.466.. none.... 22.673.... 22.897.. none...... none..
macdog.... 21.788.... none....... none...... none..... 21.973.. none...... 21.944.. 22.027... none..
Newdriver. 21.756.... 22.512..... 22.695... 22.778.. 21.807.. 21.948.... 22.331.. 23.123... none
Desperado 21.657.... 21.476..... 21.812... 21.577.. 21.354.. 20.743.... 21.843.. 21.892... none..

Last edited:
Posted time and review of MrGrado's Karmann Ghia here.👍👍

All official entries barring a surprise posting by Jackthalad tested and reviewed now.:gtpflag:

Will test and post time/review for HaylRayzor's Alpine shortly.:drool:

Back