World Motorsport Association

• Thread starter NizmoDr3
  • 1,067 comments
cnd01
I appreciate it. I probably won't be on at all before about 10:30 my time which is after midnight your time. Tomorrow about 2:30 my time which is CDT (GMT-5)

Im on everyday from 12:30am BST to 2:45am BST...

Ok so here's my idea for the Tier System;

Tier 0 = Starting Tier
W.M.A. Karts!

Tier 1 = Tin-Tops
Rising Star Fiat Trophy
Rising Star Spoon Fit Trophy*
BMW Tourist Trophy*
Star Evo vs STi Tourist Trophy*
Bridgestone Production Cars*
VLN Endurance Championship
International Touring Car Championship
Bankfin Touring Car Championship
DTM Championship*
Spa 24Hrs Enduro

Tier 2 = Sports Cars
Rising Star NSX RM Trophy*
Ferrari Super Trofeo*
Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge
Historic Touring Cars / Muscle Car Masters
Le Mans School*
Group C*
LMP*

Tier 3 = Open Wheel
Star Mazda
Formula GT*
F1 Style Championship*
Ferrari F1*

Tier 4 = Rally
Historic Road Rally*
Modern Road Rally*
Historic Rally Championship (1960's-1990's)*
Modern Rally Championship (1990's-On)*
GTP World Rally Championship-JWRC class
GTP World Rally Championship-PWRC class
GTP World Rally Championship-WRC Class

This would be my idea for the Tier System. Everytime, in the Virtual Racing World, that there is a Tier System, the tend to throw all disciplines into every Tier to cater for everyone ...
How about doing things different and each Tier would take you up to the top of your respective discipline choice ... For example, I prefer my Tin-Top racing compared to my Open Wheel Racing, so I would try and excel in Tier 1 ... Rally might prefer Rally and want to excel in Tier 4 ... e.g.

Make this as close to real life as possible ... If people decide that they want to venture into other disciplines as well, then let them do it ...
I haven't figured how the point system will work to move up your desired Tier ladder yet ...

The Leaderboard will be points amassed every week and then divided by the amount of series you partake in, even if people decide to partake in more than one discipline. Then the should be minimal chance of someone running away on the Leaderboard due to the amount of series they partake in ...

Example;

Person A ... decides so run in Tier 1.
The points they amass are as follows,
VLN Endurance Championship = 40
International Touring Car Championship = 99
Bankfin Touring Car Championship = 25
DTM Championship* = 10
Total points for the week = 174 divided by the amount of series = 43.5 = 44 points

Person B ... decides to run in Tier 2 and 3.
The points they amass are as follows,
Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge = 55
Historic Touring Cars / Muscle Car Masters = 85
Le Mans School = 35
Star Mazda = 29
F1 Style Championship = 20

Total = 224 / 5 = 44.80 = 45

So the point difference between Person A and B is 1 point ... Some people might amass more than others, due to them being faster, or more consistent ...

But at the end of the day it should keep things simple yet equalized ...

*Series used for illustration purposes only

Last edited:
NizmoDr3
Tier 0 = Starting Tier
W.M.A. Karts!

Tier 1 = Tin-Tops
Rising Star Fiat Trophy
Rising Star Spoon Fit Trophy*
BMW Tourist Trophy*
Star Evo vs STi Tourist Trophy*
Bridgestone Production Cars*
VLN Endurance Championship
International Touring Car Championship
Bankfin Touring Car Championship
DTM Championship*
Spa 24Hrs Enduro

Tier 2 = Sports Cars
Rising Star NSX RM Trophy*
Ferrari Super Trofeo*
Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge
Historic Touring Cars / Muscle Car Masters
Le Mans School*
Group C*
LMP*

Tier 3 = Open Wheel
Star Mazda
Formula GT*
F1 Style Championship*
Ferrari F1*

Tier 4 = Rally
Historic Road Rally*
Modern Road Rally*
Historic Rally Championship (1960's-1990's)*
Modern Rally Championship (1990's-On)*
GTP World Rally Championship-JWRC class
GTP World Rally Championship-PWRC class
GTP World Rally Championship-WRC Class

Some bits of this reminds me of Race Driver 3's "Pro Career" mode.. 👍

Got an idea overnight:

Upon first entering, new drivers should maybe have a tryout in a race of their choice (if the race has space). The better they do, the more prestigious events will be available from the beginning.
From then, they can begin working their way through:
Classic*
Oval*
GT
Touring Car
Offroad
Open Wheel
(yup, inspired by RD3 :D )
* if we get more championships that fits these categories

Got an idea overnight:

Upon first entering, new drivers should maybe have a tryout in a race of their choice (if the race has space). The better they do, the more prestigious events will be available from the beginning.
Classic*
Oval*
GT
Touring Car
Offroad
Open Wheel

Ummm, Star Mazda's running ovals, and there's a Classic Touring Car series. There will be some overlap. :lol:

Idea: could we add a historics class to the WRC? I'll organize/run it, if need be, and run IN it, in a '74 Lancer Rally car. :)

Got an idea overnight:

Classic*
Oval*
GT
Touring Car
Offroad
Open Wheel

Well I thought that instead of mixing and matching disciplines, rather have individual tiers for them ...

Well I thought that instead of mixing and matching disciplines, rather have individual tiers for them ...

To summarize the ideas:

1. we want to ramp up the difficulty, as we go along
  2. we want to allow people to run in their preferred discipline of motorsports (oval, open wheel, closed wheel, etc)
  3. We want to offer a points system that allows everyone to see their "win/loss" ratio, without showing wins and losses

While I know that it's pretty simple to show "x wins, y starts, z podiums," that creates at least two problems:

1. Someone who continually finishes fourth, might actually do better in points, than the guy who's winning races, or spinning.
  2. Wins/starts/podiums stats favour people who join lots of series

Therefore, we have "criteria" now, for assessment of ideas, and we can work on a solution that fits all of these, with the organization I'm trying to add here.

I'm not seeing a way, in which tiers seem to be an agreeing point, but I'm seeing a general interest in rising through the tiers. So, I'm thinking, especially, that we should try to let people in to higher tiers in short periods of times.

Ummm, Star Mazda's running ovals, and there's a Classic Touring Car series. There will be some overlap. :lol:

Idea: could we add a historics class to the WRC? I'll organize/run it, if need be, and run IN it, in a '74 Lancer Rally car. :)

Keeping with the offroad theme, I've also been bouncing around the idea for organizing/running a CORR Truck Series. Green Light?

And again, I like the new tiered points system, it does reflect ability more like real life. A driver like me is going to spend a lot of time in Tier 4(offroad) but only a couple other series throughout the WMA, just like the examples you mentioned, Nizmo. Overall, good call.

Edit: Would we still have an overall points value? Or would we have separate points values for the different tiers. 50 points in Tier 2 and 15 points in tier 1 for example.

We want to offer a points system that allows everyone to see their "win/loss" ratio, without showing wins and losses

While I know that it's pretty simple to show "x wins, y starts, z podiums," that creates at least two problems:

Wins/starts/podiums stats favour people who join lots of series

I never took the Win/Loss/Podium ratio into account ... I was thinking more in the lines of pure point ranking ... but the W/L/P ratio can be taken into account, but I believe that consistency should be rewarded ...

I never took the Win/Loss/Podium ratio into account ... I was thinking more in the lines of pure point ranking ... but the W/L/P ratio can be taken into account, but I believe that consistency should be rewarded ...

That's my point, too. You can give people as many points as they get, but, the ratios are a good way to tell who finishes where. I more mean, in terms of an average, but not the sort of average that takes hours of division and multiplication to balance out. The equation should be simple, to ensure that the points are simple and accurate.

That's my point, too. You can give people as many points as they get, but, the ratios are a good way to tell who finishes where. I more mean, in terms of an average, but not the sort of average that takes hours of division and multiplication to balance out. The equation should be simple, to ensure that the points are simple and accurate.

So what, are you trying to say that maybe dish out bonus points for finishing in the top three or winning a race or what?

How do we include the W/L/P idea into the equation without getting scientific?

So what, are you trying to say that maybe dish out bonus points for finishing in the top three or winning a race or what?

How do we include the W/L/P idea into the equation without getting scientific?

I'm not saying an actual win/loss/podium/start equation is the idea; I'm saying the polar opposite. If so-and-so starts in 8 series per week, (s)he has 8 chances a week, to get a win/pole/podium, and if some guy runs one series per week, he only has one chance per week. Including a W/L/P ratio is a slim idea, as we know, but, we should devise a single points system for the leaderboards of the W.M.A., that may not be based off of the actual points of the series. 💡

Just because I use 33 points per ITCC race, and 40 per kart race, doesn't mean that the winner can't get 25 W.M.A. points per *ROUND,* (if rounds are entire race days, comprised of 2+ races.) That way, we have the chance to run the F.I.A. points system for the W.M.A. leaderboards, but still allow my equalized points systems, for ITCC, Star Mazda, and karts.

Example: if you get 100 points in ITCC, in one round (at Indy, for example,) you would get 25 W.M.A. points. Then, the W.M.A. points are divided by the number of series, that you're in.

We should standardize the W.M.A. Leaderboard points, while allowing the Race/Series Directors to run their own points systems.

I'm not saying an actual win/loss/podium/start equation is the idea; I'm saying the polar opposite. If so-and-so starts in 8 series per week, (s)he has 8 chances a week, to get a win/pole/podium, and if some guy runs one series per week, he only has one chance per week. Including a W/L/P ratio is a slim idea, as we know, but, we should devise a single points system for the leaderboards of the W.M.A., that may not be based off of the actual points of the series. 💡

Just because I use 33 points per ITCC race, and 40 per kart race, doesn't mean that the winner can't get 25 W.M.A. points per *ROUND,* (if rounds are entire race days, comprised of 2+ races.) That way, we have the chance to run the F.I.A. points system for the W.M.A. leaderboards, but still allow my equalized points systems, for ITCC, Star Mazda, and karts.

Example: if you get 100 points in ITCC, in one round (at Indy, for example,) you would get 25 W.M.A. points. Then, the W.M.A. points are divided by the number of series, that you're in.

We should standardize the W.M.A. Leaderboard points, while allowing the Race/Series Directors to run their own points systems.

And that is where the Stewards Council could come in ... they would have to collect all the points from the different series each week, so the can allocate the W.M.A. points to the respective drivers ...

W.M.A. Proposed Point System

1 - 30
2 - 25
3 - 20
4 - 16
5 - 14
6 - 12
7 - 10
8 - 8
9 - 6
10 - 4
11 - 2
12 - 1

or something ...

And that is where the Stewards Council could come in ... they would have to collect all the points from the different series each week, so the can allocate the W.M.A. points to the respective drivers ...

1 - 30
2 - 25
3 - 20
4 - 16
5 - 14
6 - 12
7 - 10
8 - 8
9 - 6
10 - 4
11 - 2
12 - 1

or something ...

Stewards council could also be the people not involved in a series, whom people could contact to settle disputes.

And, yes, those points would work. If someone wins both series that person's in, they get 60 points: divided by two=30 points.

NizmoDr3

1 - 30
2 - 25
3 - 20
4 - 16
5 - 14
6 - 12
7 - 10
8 - 8
9 - 6
10 - 4
11 - 2
12 - 1

So these are the points rewarded regardless of championship? If so, then 👍

So these are the points rewarded regardless of championship? If so, then 👍

Maybe that is something to consider ... irrespective whether it is a W.M.A. event or not, W.M.A. members should still qualify for these points ...

Have you mentioned W.M.A. to Geeky yet?

Maybe that is something to consider ... irrespective whether it is a W.M.A. event or not, W.M.A. members should still qualify for these points ...

Have you mentioned W.M.A. to Geeky yet?

Well, there are people in ITCC, etc. that aren't in W.M.A., is that what you meant?

Well, there are people in ITCC, etc. that aren't in W.M.A., is that what you meant?

No ... I mean in the case of, lets say, KK and Rally ... they both in the BTCC Online Championship, so maybe their results in that series should qualify for W.M.A. Bonus points ...

No ... I mean in the case of, lets say, KK and Rally ... they both in the BTCC Online Championship, so maybe their results in that series should qualify for W.M.A. Bonus points ...

Hmmm, how would bonus points work?

NizmoDr3

Hmm.. Depends.. How many points will a safety car driver get :)

Hmmm, how would bonus points work?

I'm just throwing this idea around hey ... your race position in another series would determine your Bonus points here ...

you know what, nevermind, I'm just complicating things more ...

BONUS POINTS WILL BE AWARDED FOR W.M.A. SANCTIONED EVENTS ONLY!!!

Hmm.. Depends.. How many points will a safety car driver get :)

Just an example Rally ...

I'm just throwing this idea around hey ... your race position in another series would determine your Bonus points here ...

you know what, nevermind, I'm just complicating things more ...

BONUS POINTS WILL BE AWARDED FOR W.M.A. SANCTIONED EVENTS ONLY!!!

Just an example Rally ...

:lol: Oops, I was curious about that.

Back