World Motorsport Association

• Thread starter NizmoDr3
  • 1,067 comments
I would like to take this opportunity to introduce our newest member ... mercedesc300 ...

Welcome mate ... 👍

We are now standing 15 strong ...

MrMelancholy15
That schedule... 👍 I'll be there, at that time, too, cnd!

I wont be available tonight at all since I'll be sleeping. Gonna nip out at 6:45am tomorrow to see the olympic torch relay come to my area...sorry lads but its probably the only time in my life that i'll see an olympic torch...

I have tomorrow morning off from work, so I can be online to get some photos and what not. I will be on at about 8:00 a.m. central daylight time. That is GMT-5.

cnd01
I have tomorrow morning off from work, so I can be online to get some photos and what not. I will be on at about 8:00 a.m. central daylight time. That is GMT-5.

So thats about 12:00pm BST right? If yes then im on...send me a FR and i'll accept when im on...

PSN: killa_kandy

So thats about 12:00pm BST right? If yes then im on...send me a FR and i'll accept when im on...

PSN: killa_kandy

Actually it's either 1300 (if cnd hasn't accounted for daylight savings, thus actually being GMT -4) and 1400 if he has (cnd actually being in GMT -5). BST is GMT +1. I wish this website had a UTC clock at the top, as I don't think my signature is a super hero in the making :(

Have you considered making it so that you MUST be on an official team in the Tier 2 and above series. So you have to be asked to drive for a team on one of the higher level series.
Just a thought.

gogatrs
Have you considered making it so that you MUST be on an official team in the Tier 2 and above series. So you have to be asked to drive for a team on one of the higher level series.
Just a thought.

That's a really cool thought!

We could have teams for all the series, and you have to be like recruited or you have to talk to the team owner?

Just a thought.

That's a really cool thought!

We could have teams for all the series, and you have to be like recruited or you have to talk to the team owner?

Very good ideas guys ... I like it ...

Maybe add an Official Team Leaderboard along with Driver Rankings ...

Last edited:
For those of you that dont know gograts, he thought of a GTP online racing governing body called GTP ORB. Search it in the interest check forum and you'll find it. He thought of great things however it eventually died out as it werent going anywhere. This is not what I want to happen with WMA so we have to do things right...they did however rack up 2.5k comments in the space of a couple months so that shows that the racers of GTP are willing to accept a governing body I guess...

For those of you that dont know gograts, he thought of a GTP online racing governing body called GTP ORB. Search it in the interest check forum and you'll find it. He thought of great things however it eventually died out as it werent going anywhere. This is not what I want to happen with WMA so we have to do things right...they did however rack up 2.5k comments in the space of a couple months so that shows that the racers of GTP are willing to accept a governing body I guess...

gogatrs is an okay guy.

As for the W.M.A., we're already putting two and two together. We're already doing the races/series that we're trying to organize. Once everyone joins the series, if they have fun, they'll want to stay. Then, that builds momentum (by proving that it's all clean and fun racing) and it just continues to grow.

The W.M.A. isn't based off of rules, rules, rules and more rules. It's based off of racing series that are already in existence, separately, coming together to share a bigger points picture, a possible team system, and a central gathering point for EVERYONE, from drifters, to endurance drivers, to touring car/F1/Rally etc., so that everyone from various sections of the GTP forums, and the GT5 experience, can get over the discipline-divide, that separates drifters, from rally drivers, for example, though drifters and rally drivers share similar skill sets.

Our goal is simple: provide a system, which allows all GT5 players to get together, race, and have fun, regardless of their past, present and future plans in motorsports, and on GTPlanet. We don't care, if you're a Finnish rally champion (Mika!!!!!!!) or a young adult who's just here to have fun. We have a series for everyone, and a governing body to make sure that it's all equal, fun, and clean racing.

Have you got a link to that thread?

kk20

That kinda reminds me of that governing body I mentioned early in this thread. It all looked promising, but then it ended with about 3 of us showing interest and even less putting action behind the words..

That kinda reminds me of that governing body I mentioned early in this thread. It all looked promising, but then it ended with about 3 of us showing interest and even less putting action behind the words..

With 9+ series already running, you can probably imagine, I'm ecstatic, and I believe that this one will be successful. Honestly, it's a big undertaking, it seems, but it seems like it'll be quite rewarding, too.

With 9+ series already running, you can probably imagine, I'm ecstatic, and I believe that this one will be successful. Honestly, it's a big undertaking, it seems, but it seems like it'll be quite rewarding, too.

Don't forget 15 members and growing ...

Don't forget 15 members and growing ...

Most of whom still show interest, seemingly.

Guess what?! I've decided, because I'm not really human, that I'm going to skip these human functions (sleep, rest etc.) and just try to stay awake, until at least 11 P.M., my time, as my sleep schedule is too screwed up, and I want to be back on schedule, whether it be to [try to] find a job, or to go to Autocross on schedule.

Lol ... I've noticed that it's 15:05 my time and you are still awake ... too much coffee is bad for you ... or so I'm told, cause I drink waaaayyyyyy to much in one day ... :crazy:

If we decide to go the Team route ... then I would like to introduce my team ...

TeamLogo.jpg

NizmoDr3
Have you got a link to that thread?

Im on my phone so I dunno how to get the address bar. Im sure if you type GTP governing body in the interest check forum you will find it...

If we decide to go the Team route ... then I would like to introduce my team ...

TeamLogo.jpg

Wow. That team logo... :lol: Could've sworn that's the logo for Mobil 1 motor oil. :sly:

In all seriousness, though, very cool!

And, the O.R.B. looks exactly the same as this, but, completely different in every other way. :lol: It's hard to explain, how many similarities I see, and how different it is. Whereas we're all "let's go! Go racing! These are the series!" they take a "these are the rules. These are the topics of discussion" approach, which is far more "lawyer-ish," and WAY more formal.

Dunno how this could work...

Easily: Teams will be run by more practiced, more well-backed GTP users, like you, Nizmo, or me, and will help the newer drivers rise up the ranks, and support the newer drivers, while competing for a team's championship. Just as the Driver's championships/leaderboards, teams don't have to compete in every series.

My ideas for rules would be simple:

1. Maximum four drivers, two drivers per series
  2. Must use team colours/matching cars
  3. Upon entering a new series, drivers should state that they (both) are joining as a team
  4. No dirty team tactics, like team-blocking (to allow the faster teammate to win, by slowing down the other drivers) allowed
  5. Can submit a "Team Photo," with the names of the 2-4 drivers on it.
  6. Should specialize in one racing discipline, and not flood every series

MrMelancholy15
Easily: Teams will be run by more practiced, more well-backed GTP users, like you, Nizmo, or me, and will help the newer drivers rise up the ranks, and support the newer drivers, while competing for a team's championship. Just as the Driver's championships/leaderboards, teams don't have to compete in every series.

Lol, yet another thing that makes me think: Race Driver GRID :lol: 👍

1. Maximum four drivers, two drivers per series
  2. Should specialize in one racing discipline, and not flood every series

Couple of questions ...

Why maximum of 4 drivers per team?
Why not 'flood' every series?

The way I see it is maybe up the limit per team ... grow this beyond a governing body and into the drifter territory with well known teams ...

Everything you've mentioned is very valid / obvious points, but I feel that teams should be able to enter which ever series they want to and more ... I sure as hell would like "TEAM MOBIL1 RACING" to be represented everywhere as much as possible

Couple of questions ...

Why maximum of 4 drivers per team?
Why not 'flood' every series?

The way I see it is maybe up the limit per team ... grow this beyond a governing body and into the drifter territory with well known teams ...

Everything you've mentioned is very valid / obvious points, but I feel that teams should be able to enter which ever series they want to and more ... I sure as hell would like "TEAM MOBIL1 RACING" to be represented everywhere as much as possible

Were turing it into grid turismo 5... Lol!

LOL, I loved GRID. ;) Good game. But, goddarn those dirty black cars.

Anyways, I was getting public discussion about teams started.

LOL, I loved GRID. ;) Good game. But, goddarn those dirty black cars.

Anyways, I was getting public discussion about teams started.

And I continued the public discussion ... :)
But I seem to be the only one interested about it ...

Back