World Motorsports Association-New Teaser Photos!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apricot hill in GT2 with the Ford Mondeo RM is almost to say heavenly, same with the FGT non turbo at Mid field raceway in GT3, FPV GT at New York,

Someone missed the point of my joke, or entirely missed the joke. :lol:

I got Apricot Hill and Trial Mountain for Race '07. I'm ready to go beat + bang some WTCCs together with some Swedish TCCs in the way that GT5 should've let us. No real touring cars? :scared:

Someone missed the point of my joke, or entirely missed the joke. :lol:

I got Apricot Hill and Trial Mountain for Race '07. I'm ready to go beat + bang some WTCCs together with some Swedish TCCs in the way that GT5 should've let us. No real touring cars? :scared:

The roar is tonight! You should be practicing and qualifying!

Check Facebook!

Me want those tracks Mel :D btw can you do SSR11 now that you are doing things?

No SSR11, no tracks working yet. :yuck:

They work fine in GTR2, I just have to work out where the .hat files go for the useless, disgusting tracks I have made. :lol:

In the meantime, I'm getting a huge kick out of Race '07's version of Watkins Glen. :lol: I've never had closer racing than 110% A.I. (full-strength) on that track. The draft, the bumping, the almost locking your brakes at the bus-stop chicane all lead to some hair-raising and fun racing.

And then there's Mosport... I don't know if we can do online DLC racing, but, the Mosport tracks I've downloaded would be awesome online. As would the Watkins Glen.

But, I've already downloaded a bunch of tracks (Apricot Hill, Jyllandsringen etc.) that you should know quite well. :)

So, ah, if I want those tracks I should look for GTR2?

Anyways gonna register right now, or, in a moment, so I'm really looking forward to trying them 👍

So, ah, if I want those tracks I should look for GTR2?

Anyways gonna register right now, or, in a moment, so I'm really looking forward to trying them 👍

No. No, no, no.

In order to make Race '07 track mods, you need ".hat files." .hat are only available on GTR2 or GT Legends. I chose to use GTR2 to create my .hat files for Race '07.

After GTR2 creates the .hat files, I post them up on nogripracing.com or some other site as a zipped/compressed folder, and then you can unzip the folder, and you'll have the .hat file without having GTR2, ready for racing on Race '07.

Modding tracks is a lot of money, but, it's a lot less money than paying Hermann Tilke to make his normal garbage. That's why I enjoy; creativity. But, $80 CDN for Bob's Track Builder Evo, quite a few hours of work, and GTR2, and several Race '07 add-ons (like downloaded content offered by Simbin) is quite expensive.

So, let me get this right. You make the tracks for GTR2, post them on nogripracing, and then users unzipit and it works on both?

Anyways definitely gonna try them someday

So, let me get this right. You make the tracks for GTR2, post them on nogripracing, and then users unzipit and it works on both?

Anyways definitely gonna try them someday

Sort of. I make the tracks on Bob's Track Builder Evo. I export the track to GTR2. GTR2 (after finishing a lap) creates a .hat file that I use to export it out to Race '07. After THAT, the track is a Race '07 track. After that, it can be used immediately for both GTR2 and Race '07 (the tracks are the same between game, with similar coding etc.)

So, I can post it to NGR.com and people can download the track files (there are about 4-6000 on any given small track.) They can then choose where to put the track, (Race '07, GTR2, GT Legends, GTR Evo, Race ON etc.) following the download of the generic track, not specific to any which Simbin game from post-2005.

Ah, I think i get it..

I used to have BTB once too but was pretty much lacking any options for me (or I was just too stupid to see them), anyways I've registered now, and it's quite amazing how similar in the build up it looks to GTP..

Ah, I think i get it..

I used to have BTB once too but was pretty much lacking any options for me (or I was just too stupid to see them), anyways I've registered now, and it's quite amazing how similar in the build up it looks to GTP..

Yeah. But, instead of clicking "My GTPlanet" to return to the User Control Panel, you press "User CP." Oh, and you have to manually add subscriptions to threads, if you even bother with their forums (which are, apparently, pretty close to dead.)

In regards to BTB, I don't understand how it's lacking in options. :lol: Surprisingly, I can't think of anything you couldn't do with it, if you had the time and the know-how.

I can't make new surfaces, so I'm pretty well done-for with making rally stages, but, you can easily make some pretty intriguing course shapes. And, that's the part of the creativity I like. I like to see just how awesome I can make a track flow.

The sorts of tracks I like are sorta like this:

Watkins Glen Cup circuit (very flowing, no slow corners)

Knockhill, Scotland (very flowing, lots of airborne/curb-hopping)

See above, add concrete wall

Very flowing, lots of elevation change

As the newest member of WMA, I'd like to present a few future championship ideas that have already been looked over MrMelancholy15 and polarbear345. And liked.

Schwarzwald League A & B
European Championship
American Championship
Japanese Championship

All championships are production-based endurance championships, with the Schwarzwald League A & B and American Championship races being the minimum # of laps beyond 200 miles and the European Championship and Japanese Championship races being the minimum # of laps beyond 300km. I'll start with the race venues and laps.

Schwarzwald A & B:
Nürburgring GP/F - 63 laps - 200 miles
Deep Forest Raceway - 90 laps - 200 miles
Cape Ring - 46 laps - 200 miles
Nürburgring Type V - 14 laps - 200 miles

European Championship:
Rome Circuit - 87 laps - 300km
Circuit de Monaco - 75 laps - 250km
Circuit de la Sarthe - 22 laps - 300km
Deep Forest Raceway - 84 laps - 300km
Nürburgring GP/F - 59 laps - 300km
Circuito de Madrid - 89 laps - 300km
Autodromo Nazionale di Monza - 52 laps - 300km
Circuit de Spa Francorchamps - 43 laps - 300km
Trial Mountain - 76 laps - 300km
Nürburgring Type V - 13 laps - 300km

American Championship:
Daytona Road Course - 57 laps - 200 miles
High Speed Ring - 81 laps - 200 miles
Indianapolis Road Course - 77 laps - 200 miles
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - 90 laps - 200 miles
Cape Ring - 46 laps - 200 miles
Grand Valley Speedway - 46 laps - 200 miles
Autumn Ring - 82 laps - 150 miles

Japanese Championship:
Fuji Speedway GT - 67 laps - 300km
Tsukuba Circuit - 98 laps - 200km
Grand Valley Speedway - 61 laps - 300km
Special Stage Route 5 - 80 laps - 300km
Twin Ring Motegi Road Course - 63 laps - 300km
Tokyo R246 - 59 laps - 300km
Suzuka Circuit - 52 laps - 300km
Special Stage Route 7 - 13 laps - 300km (can be shortened if necessary)

Vehicle classes:
Schwarzwald League A:
Sports Car
Sports Sedan
Hot Hatchback
Schwarzwald League B
Coupe
Sedan & Wagon

European Championship:
Heavyweight Sports Car (above 1100kg)
Lightweight Sports Car (under 1100kg, like the British Lightweights)
Sports Sedan
Hot Hatchback
Retro (1980-1995)
Classic (1979 and earlier)

American Championship:
Modern Sports Car (Chevrolet Corvette, Dodge Viper, Ford GT, Saleen S7, Shelby Series One)
Classic Sports Car (1979 and earlier, including 1960s Corvette, Shelby Cobra)
Modern Muscle Car (Chevrolet Camaro, Dodge Challenger, Ford Mustang)
Classic Muscle Car (1979 and earlier)

Japanese Championship:
Sports Car 1 (NSX, 370Z, GT-R, Supra, RX-7, etc.)
Sports Car 2 (RX-8, Impreza Coupe, MX-5 Miata, Eunos Roadster, etc.)
Sports Sedan
Hot Hatchback
Retro (1980-1995)
Classic (1979 and earlier)

Championship tire, power and weight settings:
Schwarzwald League A
Max. Power: 350HP
Min. Weight: 750kg
Tires: Sports Soft, Medium, and Hard

Schwarzwald League B
Max. Power: 600HP
Min. Weight: 1200kg

European Championship
Max Power: 500HP for Heavyweight Sports Car, 350 for Lightweight Sports Car, 300 for Sports Sedan, Hot Hatchback, Retro and Classic
Min. Weight: 1100kg for Heavyweight Sports Car, 600kg for Lightweight Sports Car (may lower this to accommodate Caterham 7 Fireblade), 1100kg for Sports Sedan, 800kg for Hot Hatchback, and not sure about a weight limit for Retro and Classic

American Championship
Max. Power: 600HP for Modern Sports Car, 400 for Classic Sports Car, 500 for Modern Muscle Car and 450 for Classic Muscle Car
Min. Weight: 1100kg for Modern Sports Car, 1000kg for Classic Sports Car, 1200kg for both Modern Muscle Car and Classic Muscle Car

Japanese Championship
Max. Power: 500HP for Sports Car 1, 400HP for Sports Car 2, 350 for Sports Sedan, 300 for Hot Hatchback, Retro and Classic
Min. Weight: 1100kg for Sports Car 1 & 2 and Sports Sedan, 800kg for Hot Hatchback, TBD for Retro and Classic

Both MrMelancholy15 and polarbear345 like these championship ideas. If anyone else would like to weigh in on them, feel free to sound off.

Can we just throw in the towel on this? Things are becoming extra embarrassing with WRC being pushed back every time there is less than 10 people... (Rally, be lucky you have 8 people in your first season)

ITCC should be fun, if Mel doesn't follow through with the prizes though... That will be bad, very, very bad.

But most importantly, no one is motivated to do this anymore, GT5 is on its last leg and new series aren't working anymore. A quick trip to the racing series section will show you. If you aren't on your 3rd season, there's no point. Even on itcc, we have like 6-8 guys, some of them will not show up, so call it 5 guys. Season one just left too much of a scar to make season 2 as popular as the beginning of the first. I thought we waited long enough, but seems like I was wrong. I see the same things happening already, with everyone wanting to be apart of the car spec'ing process.

If you haven't ran a series before, you do not know how to spec cars. Driving cars at the same spec and posting results does nothing to move things along. Best part is, some cars already have specs for them, and people are ignoring the specs that have already been made. Driving AWDs, FFs, and FRs at the same spec will make FRs faster! I can tell you that! When people spec their own cars, they will bullcrap the hell out of it so their car is quickest. I see it already, and they did a TERRIBLE job of hiding it.

I think from now on, we don't have any new series unless it will alternate seasons with a current, already established series. Established ideas don't count. You have to already be doing well in your first or second season, or have a prime time slot. If you come asking for someone to host a series- shove it. Host it yourself, and get popular the hard way and throw a thread up, and get it rolling the real way.

If we have any new series at all...

/rant

polarbear345
The summarized version:

We aren't doing anything but embarrassing ourselves now, lets quit while may have something to salvage...

You're a fool

polarbear345
XD Facebook says different!

But seriously guys, we aren't helping any series by putting WMA in the title, if anything it's degrading it a bit.

Pretty much spot on here.

its not us thats dead, it really is GT5 that is dead, hence why when I did the GT500 T/P event the key to its success was the fact it wasn't a series, more a series of spot races, and each event would have always 11 people show up, so an event could be run, but otherwise I totally agree,

its not us thats dead, it really is GT5 that is dead, hence why when I did the GT500 T/P event the key to its success was the fact it wasn't a series, more a series of spot races, and each event would have always 11 people show up, so an event could be run, but otherwise I totally agree,

I totally agree. The masses have had their fun with GT5, and want a new game. Whether that means buying a Xbox and forza, trying a new genre of games (F1, NASCAR, or a different genre of game) depends on the person. I'm sure gt5 has been a stepping stone for some, like myself, into more hardcore racing games. If it wasn't for organized GT racing, I wouldn't have had the motivation to give iRacing a go. (It's unbelievable if you haven't tried it). I still want to race on GT5, which I am doing with Rolex and maybe ITCC. Those are the two series I've really had the most fun in, and I plan on still racing those until another game comes out that the "group" gets and I can make my series for.

Wow... I really went off there....

Oi I would hate to see the WMA fallout. :(

Oh, we're not done. Instead, we're just getting started.

I've begun the talks on a new arrangement within WMA, now. You'll see, we'll be back. And all as a result of ITCC Season II, imaginably. :)

Gt6 in 2025?

I'll be a cyborg by then! and if it really took that long I would probably just start racing in real life haha. GT5 is getting pretty frustrating with it's arcadey gameplay, compared to PC sims. I really really hope GT6 allows all of our leagues to explode.

I'll be a cyborg by then! and if it really took that long I would probably just start racing in real life haha. GT5 is getting pretty frustrating with it's arcadey gameplay, compared to PC sims. I really really hope GT6 allows all of our leagues to explode.

:lol: cyborgs can play PC sims and race in real life, all at once, I bet! :lol:

But, yeah, the real life racers are just as nice as the WMA, I've learned.

8523004323_ce793c2272_b.jpg

WMA's Latest Series Teaser Photo #1

Can you figure out what it is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back