World Motorsport Association

• Thread starter NizmoDr3
  • 1,067 comments
Too late, claimed lol

Yup. Anyone else looking for a spot?

I mean, I'm covering the basics, polar's covering the scheduling now, cnd's covering... whatever he's covering, and, you, Dave, are in charge of the Leaderboard, because I'm still bloody lost on these golf calculations. Anyways, to summarize:

• Stewards-done
  • Members-done
  • Scheduling-done
  • Leaderboard-done
  • Everything else...?

Yeah the tier system is flawed. But the leaderboard should still work. Just taking averages, therefore anyone partaking in more series wont have the upper hand....

Oh.. I could live with a leaderboard based on averages.. Sorry for almost raging :)

Oh.. I could live with a leaderboard based on averages.. Sorry for almost raging :)

It's no problem. Nizmo stepped down for personal reasons, and left me, specifically, and polarbear345, TDZdave, cnd01 and yourself in charge. We're not dead, nor down right now. We've gotten everything sorted. There are series which are running well and strong, and the progress on the W.M.A. Driver's Handbook is decent.

Right now, things are looking REALLY prosperous here. :) Everyone's welcome to stay.

And, yes, the Leaderboards are entirely based off of averages.

I'm about to go pretty big time, with this whole sanctioning body stuff, too.

I've been thinking about some ideas; I just need to hear what other people think.

Seeing as mel has the new thread up and running, I think seeing as all the "founding fathers" or w.m.a already have access to this thread, we should make this the rules, protests and stewards page, this way we can have open discussions about incidents and rule breaches and the people involved can see how the ruling was determined thus eliminating any "favourtism" back wash from unhappy customers,

Seeing as mel has the new thread up and running, I think seeing as all the "founding fathers" or w.m.a already have access to this thread, we should make this the rules, protests and stewards page, this way we can have open discussions about incidents and rule breaches and the people involved can see how the ruling was determined thus eliminating any "favourtism" back wash from unhappy customers,

Or, maybe even the social group?

I agree, though, that we can find a use for this thread, too. The other thread will be somewhat more "informational," because I've chopped down some of the clutter, and added much more "new" information. We also now have a new "thread structure," where the first five/six posts will all be used to organize.

Well yeah, I can use the 4th post for handicaps and leader boards if it get off the ground, but we can't just leave the thread lying around,

Well yeah, I can use the 4th post for handicaps and leader boards if it get off the ground, but we can't just leave the thread lying around,

That new thread, will be the new thread for the handicaps, right?

This thread could, maybe, become a helpful thread, but, I wouldn't want to burden Nizmo with changing the OP, when he'd rather be elsewhere. :dopey:

Anyways, as we've all got our own Areas of Specialization in the new thread, I think that it'll be even better organized than this one.

Yeah handicaps, that way things don't get confused through relay,

I will ask niz to remove most or the stuff on the OP so your post takes on the requirements of what needs to be advertised for this thread, nizmos post will just display the w.m.a logo,

Right, options:

1. Scrap it
  2. Stewarding
  3. let it fall into the abyss
  4. Ummmmm...?

Commence democracy. What do we do with this thread?

MrMelancholy15
Right, options:

[*]Scrap it
[*]Stewarding
[*]let it fall into the abyss
[*]Ummmmm...?

Feed it to the lions!!!

And this kid is on the phone... Studying with his mom... On the bus! IM TRYING TO SLEEP!

MrMelancholy15
Right, options:

[*]Scrap it
[*]Stewarding
[*]let it fall into the abyss
[*]Ummmmm...?

We cant use this thread anymore. We cant edit title or use first post. I say just scrap it. And make another for stewarding.

Scrapping 2
Keep 0

I can get niz to change the OP and heading, then mel can take it from there with the 2nd post, we can't waste a thread for 2 reasons, if someone stumbles across this thread and tries to sign up and it goes unnoticed and 2nd we can't be seen by GTPlanet watchdogs as just wasting server space, we need to recycle it, just incase they block us from creating new threads,

I'm sure that I can work a deal out with a moderator around here. If nothing else, I'll PM them, and say, "I'm sorry, the former president resigned. We needed a new OP. It likely won't happen again."

TDZdave
I can get niz to change the OP and heading, then mel can take it from there with the 2nd post, we can't waste a thread for 2 reasons, if someone stumbles across this thread and tries to sign up and it goes unnoticed and 2nd we can't be seen by GTPlanet watchdogs as just wasting server space, we need to recycle it, just incase they block us from creating new threads,

1. We can just delete the content on first post so searchers wont get confused and sign up.

2. Making new threads is not a problem in terms of space. A new thread takes up around 1-10kb. Thats pretty low when you consider that the servers can store hundreds of gigs if not terrabytes.. There was this series which was pretty popular and they would create a new thread every week to store all the qualifying times etc. they've probably made 20+ threads. Search WSGTC...

Yeah I understand this but, we got 2 main threads now, due to the new one, I got 2 threads for MCM by accident, one for fiats, bmw's, FGT, DTM, WRC, D1, talons, and conti's, and 3 threads for itcc, that's 15 that I know of associated with w.m.a plus I think there's another 4 or 5 that I can't think of from the top of my head,

I'm sure some of the moderators wouldn't care but with police officers, some can be utter A55h0les lol, then we could get us banned for spamming which we don't want or need, sorry but I do worry about these things,

Yeah I know, like I said I'm just worried about spam lol, use a spork to eat spam lol

TDZdave
Yeah I know, like I said I'm just worried about spam lol, use a spork to eat spam lol

We can ask a mod to close this thread if need be. Im on speaking terms with one. Should I tell him to close this? Btw I think your concern would be appreciated by the mods but they wouldnt mind having a different thread if we have good reason to do so....👍

Yeah cool, let's leave it for now, just incase we can find a use for this thread,

WMA Time Trials thread

Yes, that's right, a Time Trials thread. :) Every two weeks, a new car & track combination will be chosen, coinciding with upcoming or past WMA events, etc.

Any WMA member is allowed to request a Time Trial. Requesting Time Trials should be done in the Time Trials thread.

The first two weeks have already been decided, BUT after the fourth week, the requests will be fine.

Anyways, check it out. It's an easy way to have a fun competition in the WMA, without fear of penalties, Leaderboard implications, or anything else.

The one thing, though: only one car and track per two weeks! Don't request two or more cars, or two or more tracks.

MrMelancholy15
WMA Time Trials thread

Yes, that's right, a Time Trials thread. :) Every two weeks, a new car & track combination will be chosen, coinciding with upcoming or past WMA events, etc.

Any WMA member is allowed to request a Time Trial. Requesting Time Trials should be done in the Time Trials thread.

The first two weeks have already been decided, BUT after the fourth week, the requests will be fine.

Anyways, check it out. It's an easy way to have a fun competition in the WMA, without fear of penalties, Leaderboard implications, or anything else.

The one thing, though: only one car and track per two weeks! Don't request two or more cars, or two or more tracks.

Great idea but theres no way that we can compete with WRS. They are just mammoths, hundreds of drivers week in week out....It just wont work mate..

Handicaps are up on the new w.m.a page guys, if you haven't seen the new thread there is a link posted on the previous page on this thread,

Great idea but theres no way that we can compete with WRS. They are just mammoths, hundreds of drivers week in week out....It just wont work mate..

But, it's only a way to get all of the W.M.A. into some friendly competition, without scheduling conflicts. :) I'm not ripping off the WRS, because the WRS guys sorta need that registry, and they need their new GTP_PSN ID names etc. This is for a relaxed, "we don't care" type ordeal; rather than being obsessive, we just run some hot laps for fun.

MrMelancholy15
But, it's only a way to get all of the W.M.A. into some friendly competition, without scheduling conflicts. :) I'm not ripping off the WRS, because the WRS guys sorta need that registry, and they need their new GTP_PSN ID names etc. This is for a relaxed, "we don't care" type ordeal; rather than being obsessive, we just run some hot laps for fun.

Yeah sure, no problem in having it. But I dont think we'll get more than 10 drivers signed up for it....The way the WRS is run is just sublime, my ol' racing buds WRP and Hydro also run 3D3. They run weekly races based upon the WRS time trial for that week. A race using same cars, same tracks etc...

Back