World Motorsport Association

• Thread starter NizmoDr3
  • 1,067 comments
Ok guys I need full force W.M.A for this one. I want to take a photo for Le Mans School with the cars lined up on the front stretch like the Good ol' Days. I will do this on Saturday before the ITCC. That will be 2:00 Central Daylight time that is GMT-5.

Ok guys I need full force W.M.A for this one. I want to take a photo for Le Mans School with the cars lined up on the front stretch like the Good ol' Days. I will do this on Saturday before the ITCC. That will be 2:00 Central Daylight time that is GMT-5.

Done. Everyone else, I'm creating a list:

• MrMelancholy15

If you'd like to be in the W.M.A. "Le Mans School" photo, you must simply add your name to the list, and show up in a L.M.S. car at 20:00 GMT-0.

• MrMelancholy15

If you'd like to be in the W.M.A. "Le Mans School" photo, you must simply add your name to the list, and show up in a L.M.S. car at 20:00 GMT-0.

I would prefer everyone be in a different car. I will be in the R89C.

Is it any Le Mans race car?

Any LMP which is old school/high school (haven't finalized class names yet :P)
Any Group C which is medium school/middle school
Any 1960's Le Mans race car which is old school/elementary school

What car you show up in is not what you have to run if you choose to run it. I am looking for the biggest variety I can find. The order will be set by car year. The LMP will be at the front with Group C in the middle by year and the classics will be at the rear. We can swap order if we want to, or line up on both sides of the Circuit De La Sarthe front strait. I am still open for ideas. The best picture will go on the OP for the series. I want something that is iconic. :)

Any LMP which is old school/high school (haven't finalized class names yet :P)
Any Group C which is medium school/middle school
Any 1960's Le Mans race car which is old school/elementary school

What car you show up in is not what you have to run if you choose to run it. I am looking for the biggest variety I can find. The order will be set by car year. The LMP will be at the front with Group C in the middle by year and the classics will be at the rear. We can swap order if we want to, or line up on both sides of the Circuit De La Sarthe front strait. I am still open for ideas. The best picture will go on the OP for the series. I want something that is iconic. :)

Wow, it looks like you've got it all figured out, then. I'll go for 787B or Ferrari 330 P4.

Wow, it looks like you've got it all figured out, then. I'll go for 787B or Ferrari 330 P4.

I would prefer you use the 330 P4 because it is a lot harder to get one than a 787B, but whatever floats your boat :)

I would prefer you use the 330 P4 because it is a lot harder to get one than a 787B, but whatever floats your boat :)

Done. Also, now welcoming:

socalspeedfreak/socalspeedfreak to the W.M.A. He's the thirteenth member to fill out the official registration, and sixteenth member to join. :) It's going pretty well, so far, I'd say.

• MrMelancholy15

*cnd01
*MrMelancholy15

Just keeping the list updated

*cnd01
*MrMelancholy15

Just keeping the list updated

Keep this list going, guys! We have an interesting looking series, that could really use some nice photos for the OP!

Also, I'm speaking with some Series Creators who aren't yet members of the W.M.A., to ensure that we have the privileges, properly, to run certain series, without irritating other GTP users and members.

The series I'm thinking of running/creating/working with are:

Australian V8 Supercars Spec series
D1GTP drift series

More info to come, should interest be shown, and should a deal be reached with the current Australian V8 Supercars Spec Series Creator.

D1GTP sounds interesting but nobody in the Drift forum knows about it yet...

:lol: I haven't even made it yet! :lol: That's why no one's heard of it. :) :D

However, it seems like there's some interest, correct? I heard about VDC. Shame, but, it does open up a lot of possibilities.

Yea this might get bigger then VDC then :D

I saw the VDC on YouTube. The guys have talent, but the cars were so... brutally different, and everyone used their own lines, and bumping just... happened... in every run. :scared: I might have to consider running a specific BHP and weight, to ensure that the cars don't have way more speed/acceleration than the other cars.

After that, the general rules behind VDC are simple, and I liked them, and agreed to them.

Anyways, I contacted nK4E about it.

Downforce makes cars way faster so ban wings ,
And cars with much rear Grip Like ZR1 ,Vipers,Ferrari's...
and last season they used CM that made it even worse....

Keep this list going, guys! We have an interesting looking series, that could really use some nice photos for the OP!

Also, I'm speaking with some Series Creators who aren't yet members of the W.M.A., to ensure that we have the privileges, properly, to run certain series, without irritating other GTP users and members.

The series I'm thinking of running/creating/working with are:

Australian V8 Supercars Spec series
D1GTP drift series

More info to come, should interest be shown, and should a deal be reached with the current Australian V8 Supercars Spec Series Creator.

Yea we need to make sure we have the consent of the people in the series to stick the W.M.A. label on it. I think everyone who allows the W.M.A. to sanction their series should become an automatic member. As for the drifting, I have never drifted before. The Aussie series would take place of my SRT8 TC spec racing series I had in mind. That is no big deal.

*I still need more people to take part in the photoshoot* If you show up, it doesn't mean that you are signed up. This is just for the thread. I won't hold it against you if you show up for the photoshoot and don't sign up for the series. If you do go to the photoshoot, I will give you guys first shot at car selection. I also need to know what car you plan on putting on the track for the photoshoot. It needs to have a car wash before you take it out there.

Thanks
cnd01

Downforce makes cars way faster so ban wings ,
And cars with much rear Grip Like ZR1 ,Vipers,Ferrari's...
and last season they used CM that made it even worse....

Yeah. Basic idea:

-comfort hards
-no aero
-street legal
-lower than 525 pp stock
-max 475 hp
-minimum 1250 kg.
-RWD

I would use the Soarer SC400, and I know that there'd be JZX1s etc., with some Silvias (no weight reduction??) and RWD Skylines (GTS-t Type M) etc.

Supras... There are still plenty of choices.

Yea we need to make sure we have the consent of the people in the series to stick the W.M.A. label on it. I think everyone who allows the W.M.A. to sanction their series should become an automatic member. As for the drifting, I have never drifted before. The Aussie series would take place of my SRT8 TC spec racing series I had in mind. That is no big deal.

The Aussie V8s don't have to take the place of the SRT8 series, if you don't want it to.

Also, that's exactly the same thing, as I said to the current Series Organizer, in charge of the Aussie V8s. I asked, if he'd like the increased interest, explaining that the series would still be his, allowing him to run any which rule, as long as it doesn't contradict the GTP OLRs.

No weight or PP limit some people want to use Miata's and stuff or AE86's.

Maybe call it D1SL (D1Street Legal)?

No weight or PP limit some people want to use Miata's and stuff or AE86's.

Maybe call it D1SL (D1Street Legal)?

:ouch: Good point, but, I'd hate to be a chase car, in a Soarer, trying to chase behind those quick little AE86s. :lol:

As for the name, I like it already.

I would say 400Hp
No Wings
Must be street legal
FR
Maybe even a Money limit?
Like only cars under 30.000Cr. allowed..

Found a spelling error in the OP....

Associated Memebers/Drivers

Last edited:
The Aussie V8s don't have to take the place of the SRT8 series, if you don't want it to.

Also, that's exactly the same thing, as I said to the current Series Organizer, in charge of the Aussie V8s. I asked, if he'd like the increased interest, explaining that the series would still be his, allowing him to run any which rule, as long as it doesn't contradict the GTP OLRs.

Well that would be two similar series. I could still run it. Maybe SRT8 TC vs Ford Falcon XR8?

Well that would be two similar series. I could still run it. Maybe SRT8 TC vs Ford Falcon XR8?

Well, we could consider that. That could work, given that the Challenger is as nimble and planted as the Ford, at the same power levels. I don't drive the Challenger much.

eddy, if you think that those specs will work best, I'll believe you, and organize the series with those specs.

Well, we could consider that. That could work, given that the Challenger is as nimble and planted as the Ford, at the same power levels. I don't drive the Challenger much.

As long as the series creator is ok with it.

eddy, if you think that those specs will work best, I'll believe you, and organize the series with those specs.

Don't know about the Credit limit tho you might have to set it higher.You should ask in the drift forum...

As long as the series creator is ok with it.

VERY** good point, C, good point.

Don't know about the Credit limit tho you might have to set it higher.You should ask in the drift forum...

Eddy, I'd say $50.000, considering that people will need, in some cases:

fully customizable suspension-$15.000
comfort hard tires $3.800 (?)
shifting upgrades (perhaps) $25.000
general bhp bumps (?)
weight reduction ($3.000-8.000)
the actual car... ($10.000+)

So, yes, if we ran a budgeted drift series, well, the prices would be around $60.000 or $70.000.

I like the idea of starting an australian v8 supercars series. I held a spot race last september and I went for the whole FORD vs GM. It was the falcon XR8 vs Chevrolet Camaro RM. I cant give the link since im on my phone but if you type in Australian V8 supercars in the spot race forum im sure you'll find it. I also found a spec to balance the cars. I then started an encore race with different cars which was the holden commodore vs ford mustang but I think high powered race cars works better...

On the topic of teams, Mr. M mentioned no blocking.
I think that it should be allowed... to an extent. They will do that ALL the time IRL in ALMS.

Eddy, I'd say $50.000, considering that people will need, in some cases:

fully customizable suspension-$15.000
comfort hard tires $3.800 (?)
shifting upgrades (perhaps) $25.000
general bhp bumps (?)
weight reduction ($3.000-8.000)
the actual car... ($10.000+)

So, yes, if we ran a budgeted drift series, well, the prices would be around $60.000 or $70.000.
Naw only the car prize you can't control the other parts what they added..

On the topic of teams, Mr. M mentioned no blocking.
I think that it should be allowed... to an extent. They will do that ALL the time IRL in ALMS.

:lol: I still remember following very closely behind two Porsches, at Monza, until my tires went kaputt. :lol:

kk20, the Aussie V8s series is looking good, it seems. Details are still being confirmed and worked through, but the talks are warm and welcoming, and serious progress is being made, it seems.

Also, the Rising Star FIAT Trophy has some interesting potential developments, as well.

Eddy, oh, therefore, I understand what you mean. Good idea! :)

Back