::::: World Super GT Championship - [Thread 5 Closed] :::::

• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 1,001 comments

Q1: Season Car choice? / Q2: Should we run another Preseason race? **2 votes only!**

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feeling much better kam, thanks :)

Im excited for Nurburgring. Should be an exciting race :)

Edit - i will be reducing bonus point from 15 and 10, to 10 and 5.

Also, ill be jotting down lap leaders. If you atleast lead 1 lap in your class, you gain 1 point. If you lead the most laps, you gain 2. It should be a great way to break any ties near the end of the season, otherwise, we'll go to other tie breaking stats (eg. Wins, Most laps lead, Podiums, or top 5s)

Last edited:
That was a good time! Hope we do it again soon!

The Subaru isn't so slow online. Had I not made mistakes trying to be uber-careful I could've kept better pace with Kamy. I think it also has better tire wear. but in a short(er) race like we run with only 1 pit needed it may not make a difference...

Tim

Aye, the Subaru has some quite impressive traction - also the track is so slippery on hard tyres, a lot more so than I remember Laguna Seca to be - going to have to be very careful on Lap 1.

Also, I'm going to change to the RX7 for this next round and full season. Just need to run it in properly then I'll get onto a quali lap :) Can someone tell me what HP it maxes out at?

Aye, the Subaru has some quite impressive traction - also the track is so slippery on hard tyres, a lot more so than I remember Laguna Seca to be - going to have to be very careful on Lap 1.

Also, I'm going to change to the RX7 for this next round and full season. Just need to run it in properly then I'll get onto a quali lap :) Can someone tell me what HP it maxes out at?

I think 337?

Just had quick few laps with 3 different cars.

Brand NEW, Full STOCK, Hard tyres, ABS 1 - ONLINE

Nissan Skyline: This things drives so easy on the limit its scary. It really is forgiving when pushing it. Tyre wear is equal and pretty darn good !

Nissan Z: This thing has superb front end grip and turn in on braking is rock solid.
It is harder to drive on the egde and less forgiving then the skyline but still pretty solid.
Tyre wear is ok on this one but the front will wear out quicker.

Honda NSX: This thing really requires maximum concentration to go fast, it IS fast but it has more understeer and you need perfect lines. But on the perfect lines it does deliver.
Really hard to drive on the edge and tyre wear is ok isch allround.

Will try other gt500 car as well tomorrow.

Conclusion so far: Skyline easy to do races with I think, Z is superb on short tracks if gentle with front tyres and still pretty forgiving. NSX is most rewarding and still fast as but needs gentle input else tyres will be gone fast.

All laptimes where around 1:58 mark btw, bit less bit more with the above settings and just 5 laps per car.

Hey guys! Excited to meet you all and start racing along side you! I have been running some laps on NGP in my NSX, and so far I am sitting at 1:57.063 with Racing Hards and almost no tuning.

Just curious what some other times are looking like with racing hard as well. Cheers!

Just had quick few laps with 3 different cars.

All laptimes where around 1:58 mark btw, bit less bit more with the above settings and just 5 laps per car

Nice input, thanks!

Guessing I missed the start of this? I only now read the PM about it. lol

So are the people racing in this using wheels, SIXAXIS or combinations?

Sweet, finally, a Lexus in the GT500 class :) too many GTRs and Hondas. The SC430 can be a beast in the hands of the right tuner :D

I'm running the Denso Lexus for the Nurburgring, assuming no one else follows suit, it could be a nice balanced grid. It's only a few tenths of the pace anyway.

D2 is pretty small. I don't think bonus points will be needed.

Here's a question: If someone runs good enough to bump up to D1 from D2 or vice-versa how will the points apply?

Guessing I missed the start of this? I only now read the PM about it. lol

So are the people racing in this using wheels, SIXAXIS or combinations?

A combination :) It's the preseason, we're taking all drivers.

I think it starts getting very complicated. What are the bonus points trying to accomplish?

I guess it wouldn't be fair for the bottom finishers in D1. It was suggested - Idea scrapped.

Well I use my SIXAXIS and haven't yet done any online racing on Gran Turismo 5, and limited on Prologue since I havent had my PS3 online for long but I'd love to join in if I could.

Errr, my PSN ID should be next to my name so feel free to add me. Only SuperGT car I have is the Stealth NSX if that is eligable?

One thing that did cross my mind as you mentioned that though, what if there were bonus points for completing the race? A set bonus of a small amount of points (10? 5? 20?) for seeing the race all the way through, start to finish. Encourages people not to ragequit if they have a bad start, even a few points can be the difference at the end of the season. Doesn't change the standings at all if everyone finishes, but gives people some incentive to finish what they start instead of going and having a beer.

One thing that did cross my mind as you mentioned that though, what if there were bonus points for completing the race? A set bonus of a small amount of points (10? 5? 20?) for seeing the race all the way through, start to finish. Encourages people not to ragequit if they have a bad start, even a few points can be the difference at the end of the season. Doesn't change the standings at all if everyone finishes, but gives people some incentive to finish what they start instead of going and having a beer.

I like this idea. That's why real teams try to get their cars back on the track for as many laps as possible, you never know when this could make a difference. The only problem being is if someone gets disconnected and it's not their fault. That could technically decide the season if it comes down to the wire.

I like this idea. That's why real teams try to get their cars back on the track for as many laps as possible, you never know when this could make a difference. The only problem being is if someone gets disconnected and it's not their fault. That could technically decide the season if it comes down to the wire.

Yeah, but maybe that's just the luck of the draw. That kind of disconnection is the equivalent of catastrophic engine failure rendering it impossible for you to continue the race.

Great idea Imari. I hate it when people just quit right away after crashing out. I would think 5 points would be good enough.

Pole: 10
Fastest lap: 5
Finished Race: 5
Lead at least 1 lap: 1
Lead the most laps: 2

?

Edit: Or to keep it closer..

Pole: 5
Finish the race: 5

Last edited:
I like the 2nd option. The idea of getting 5 points for sticking out the race when things go wrong/not as planned is a good idea.

BTW good call on being disconnected as an "engine failure."

I like your second idea Masi. Bonus points for little things are cool, but I like keeping them small. Stuff like pole and fastest laps are likely to go to one of the top three or so finishers, and they're getting lots of points already.

Great idea Imari. I hate it when people just quit right away after crashing out. I would think 5 points would be good enough.

Pole: 10
Finished Race: 5

?

Edit: Or to keep it closer..

Pole: 5
Finish the race: 5

I like the second alternative. 👍

And about the points for leading the race. If I lead for 2 laps, will I get points for both (2 p) or is it still 1 p regardless the amount of laps (as far as not have most lead laps).

And if I lead the race from start to finish, will I get 1 p (lead at least 1 lap) PLUS 2 p (lead the most lap)? Or will I get 1 p/laps in the lead?

No, if you lead multiple laps but did not lead the most laps, you still get just one point :)

I am gonna need to sub myCalsonic GTR with the Nismo Z. Driving style is better on the Z.

Great race in the practice room. Wish I had time to run some more. I may however have my Q lap ready.

Not a fan, I have looked at the Toyota Yellow Hat, but I really like this Z. nicely under 2mins on hards at Nur GP/F.

I've been managing low 2:04s, and I know high 2:03s are possible from the splits. I just can't seem to hook up that one clean lap.

"Run in Practice Mode! (Clutch prohibited for G25/G27 users)"

I was wondering, why are you guys banning clutches, why just in practice mode and how do you check if people are actually using them or not?

I'm a pad player, never used a G25/G27 so I have no clue.

Thought for discussion.

The Lexus being down on power seems uncompetitive. Pitty as its available in four different styles and would colour up the grid.

Today the rules states 'no upgrades allowed'. An alternative would be to stay with the current max 542hp level but allow upgrades. This would allow people to be creative and for the Lexus you can fit the smallest turbo and still stay sub 542hp. Should make it more competetive. It would also eliminate any debate of people using not allowed uppgrades.

I can see several positive things with this but hardly any downsides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back