::::: World Super GT Championship - [Thread 5 Closed] :::::

• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 1,001 comments

Q1: Season Car choice? / Q2: Should we run another Preseason race? **2 votes only!**

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been tinkering with the Subaru for a couple of days, and I think it's going to be quite competitive. 1:23.6xx on softs around Laguna and 2:04.4xx on hards around GP/F.

Tip for anyone else planning on driving it: Change the LSD settings. The stock settings are AWFUL. Turn it down to 20/20 and the car becomes so much less of a pig to drive. I'm sure there are better settings than that even, but that's what I'm using for now.

I like the changes you've done in the past hours Masi.
Changing the tire compound is a good move to bunch everything back and shortening the preparation time. Great move dude!!!

As for the tracks, all of them are fun, to me at least.
And racing is better with people like all of these guys, fun tracks, great drivers that only helps for one thing: FUN RACING

I havent read all your replies yet, but i did notice that the schedule is indeed missing Nurburgring GP :D how did i miss that? Anyway, it will be added in the European leg and will replace Fuji 👍

I am also wondering who the hosts will be, I assume we will need to befriend them on the PS3.

I am the host for both Divisional races, but we can always run both simultaneously like we did last week. Im not sure if GTP_monoha is open to host again this week. Would be nice to hear an early commitment :)

Due to my work schedule I can't at this point 100% guarantee to host, but I'm more than happy to. I should be in D2 again this week, not having a wheel is slowing me by at least 2.5 seconds.

Looking into the time, the 10pm GMT is appearing to be 5pm Indiana,US time. Which is perfectly fine.

Due to my work schedule I can't at this point 100% guarantee to host, but I'm more than happy to. I should be in D2 again this week, not having a wheel is slowing me by at least 2.5 seconds.

2.5 seconds is a bit much im on a pad and i was only less than 1 second off the fastest lap on leguna and that could be just down to setup. i admit quali might be a bit hight but 2.5 seconds should be just down to not having a wheel. it might be your setup or even how your layout is on the pad.

Details:

PSN ID: OwensRacing

GT500: Calsonic GTR

GT300: Cusco Subaru

As for the tracks, I am open on that as well. I will admit that the Ring is something I am not fast at. The GP track there, it much better for me then the trail. All others sound fun, Tsukuba may be tight with a field of cars, but that truly sounds interesting.

You can only stick to one car. What's it gonna be?

Break it in and change the oil. Give it to your B-spec driver for the longest race you can find and let him race it for an hour or two. Then change the oil. Power will go up to about 333 for the Subaru.

Do an oil change and put about 250 miles on it. I'm somewhere in the 330hp range at this point. My Arta has 352hp.

Tim

Thanks guys. I have never paid attention to HP going up after driving the car for awhile. I will defintely get the miles on it and then rerun.

Masi :D I still don't know which car I am going too drive for the season, im thinking about the blue NSX gt500 (don't remember the name) - or the lexus gt300 i like them both on the hard tires :)
But you'll see when i submit laptime on thursday ;)

Having driven the Calsonic GT-R in the first race, I will try out my Denso Lexus, although its slower, it could potentially allow for more fun. I might test it at the next pre-season before making my final decision on what car to stick with.

Haven't got any laps in yet but gonna have to try out different cars to know the differences. Gonna stick with the Honda anyway but knowledge is key, Honda all the way :D

PSN: BiffyClyro93
Class: GT500 - Lexus SC430 Petronas

Looking to forward to racing with you guys, though for now I want to pick the slightly slower car seeing as this is my first GTP racing :D
Not that I'd be able to keep up with you guys anyway!

Sweet, finally, a Lexus in the GT500 class :) too many GTRs and Hondas. The SC430 can be a beast in the hands of the right tuner :D

Drive it :) awesome mix with the Petronas then the Denso.

Who's driving the Petronas? :D But, sure I will tune it for the hard tires tomorrow then. though I do not like the interior view, you can't really see that much. :indiff:

Last edited:
Hey masi...

Better from the hangover?? :P

Someone could post the settings to use the map as a mirror. I would do it but my game is in portuguese...

Better someone with the english version.

3U2V1911%20copy.jpg

Just like playing GT5 :)

I got bounced from the server. Sorry guys. Perhaps I'll have some time tomorrow...good races everyone that came!

cheers for the practice session, was good fun learnt about the nissan z and grt, dunno what 1 to use now lol

Am expecting to be in the next race. Just have to change PS, as my 4-year-old 60GB is done - no YLOD, just no reading blu-ray discs :grumpy: Can't have that..

That was a good time! Hope we do it again soon!

The Subaru isn't so slow online. Had I not made mistakes trying to be uber-careful I could've kept better pace with Kamy. I think it also has better tire wear. but in a short(er) race like we run with only 1 pit needed it may not make a difference...

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back