::::: World Super GT Championship - [Thread 5 Closed] :::::

• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 1,001 comments

Q1: Season Car choice? / Q2: Should we run another Preseason race? **2 votes only!**

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
C.D
"Run in Practice Mode! (Clutch prohibited for G25/G27 users)"

I was wondering, why are you guys banning clutches, why just in practice mode and how do you check if people are actually using them or not?

I'm a pad player, never used a G25/G27 so I have no clue.

This issue came up way back in prologue. I used to race in the WRS (Weekly Race Series - Time Trials)

You can have an advantage every single shift you make with the clutch.

That's if you shift fast enough. It may not sound much, but if you add all the tiny 100th tenths of a seconds, it equates to a few tenths, which is a lot especially with time trial competitions like the WRS.

Explanation: If you are using the sequential mode with a wheel or a pad, the game engages the clutch automatically, that's when you'll see in the throttle bar indicator that's its empty between shifts. Once you engage the clutch in a G25/G27, you can shorten the time in between shifts (as fast as you can do it: release throttle + engage clutch + shift + depress clutch + back on the throttle), therefore, you gain time :)

As far as i know, this applies to all the cars in the game (anyone please correct me if im wrong), even if it does or does not have a clutch like they do in real-life.

C.D
"Run in Practice Mode! (Clutch prohibited for G25/G27 users)"

I was wondering, why are you guys banning clutches, why just in practice mode and how do you check if people are actually using them or not?

I'm a pad player, never used a G25/G27 so I have no clue.

In Prologue clutches allowed you to change gears faster than normal. I assume it's the same here. It's essentially unenforceable, but people are trusted to be honest.

Practise mode is...for practise? I think the point is that it's not online (different physics) and it's not in race (no drafting). No tyre wear and infinite low fuel means that we all don't have to piss around for ages trying to hook up that one good lap on warm tyres before they go off.

Thought for discussion.

The Lexus being down on power seems uncompetitive. Pitty as its available in four different styles and would colour up the grid.

Today the rules states 'no upgrades allowed'. An alternative would be to stay with the current max 542hp level but allow upgrades. This would allow people to be creative and for the Lexus you can fit the smallest turbo and still stay sub 542hp. Should make it more competetive. It would also eliminate any debate of people using not allowed uppgrades.

I can see several positive things with this but hardly any downsides.

I was reading the SuperGT wiki page again today. It sounded to me a lot like all the cars get hard restricted to 500/300hp. Which gives me the nasty suspicion that PD tested and modelled the unrestricted engines, and then just never bothered putting in a way to reduce the power to acceptable levels. Which would mean that the fact that the cars have been relatively equal so far has just been super lucky.

Regardless, it'd be nice to see the Lexus mixing it up with the other cars. If it takes an upgrade to make it viable, I'm all for it.

Has anyone tested the Lexus online with hard tyres? I think it was Paggy who mentioned that it isn't that far off with the other cars. Much like the situation with the Nismo Z. Can't really say much about it since i've been testing GT300s. I haven't even got more than 20 miles combined with both my Lexus' in my garage :D

i ve managed 2:03 low with the amemiya on hard tyres and i think i can drop down to 2:02 high. i am sure all the cars in gt300 are prety equal in this compound.

Has anyone tested the Lexus online with hard tyres? I think it was Paggy who mentioned that it isn't that far off with the other cars. Much like the situation with the Nismo Z. Can't really say much about it since i've been testing GT300s. I haven't even got more than 20 miles combined with both my Lexus' in my garage :D

I found the Lexus to be 3 tenths of my GT-R. The fastest car is the Nismo 350z, by a reasonable margine. The NSX is about the same speeed as the GT-R, it's all track dependant of course.

I personally want to go with the Lexus, despite the fact it can't keep up with the 350z.

Sticking the Lexus on pole against the others - 350z in particular, would be a very impressive effort in my opinion. Since I love underdog cars, it's going to be my personal aim to try and get my Denso on the front row of the grid. :P

Last edited:
Thought for discussion.

The Lexus being down on power seems uncompetitive. Pitty as its available in four different styles and would colour up the grid.

Today the rules states 'no upgrades allowed'. An alternative would be to stay with the current max 542hp level but allow upgrades. This would allow people to be creative and for the Lexus you can fit the smallest turbo and still stay sub 542hp. Should make it more competetive. It would also eliminate any debate of people using not allowed uppgrades.

I can see several positive things with this but hardly any downsides.
the big downside for me with upgrades like a small turbo is it is not very realistic i know it sounds a bit weird but i think it is ok that some cars are better then others just like in real life.

I found the Lexus to be 3 tenths of my GT-R. The fastest car is the Nismo 350z, by a reasonable margine. The NSX is about the same speeed as the GT-R, it's all track dependant of course.

I personally want to go with the Lexus, despite the fact it can't keep up with the 350z.

Sticking the Lexus on pole against the others - 350z in particular, would be a very impressive effort in my opinion. Since I love underdog cars, it's going to be my personal aim to try and get my Denso on the front row of the grid. :P

How is the NISMO Z "the fastest car"? According to you, or is it a fact? Because the result during preseason is that the cars (NSX, GT-R, Z, Supra) are equal. And if there is a difference, it all comes down to setups and what circuit the race are beeing held at.

the big downside for me with upgrades like a small turbo is it is not very realistic i know it sounds a bit weird but i think it is ok that some cars are better then others just like in real life.

Another major downside is: This far the cars (NSX, GT-R, Z, SUPRA) has been evenly matched. If there is room for upgrade to all cars exept the NISMO Z, it will fall behind for obvius reasons.

How is the NISMO Z "the fastest car"? According to you, or is it a fact?

Well if you read the first part...

It says 'I found' so its according to me. ;)

It's my findings from the tests I have done with all the cars, results may of course vary.

Because the result during preseason is that the cars (NSX, GT-R, Z, Supra) are equal. And if there is a difference, it all comes down to setups and what circuit the race are beeing held at.

Preseason results? or your own testing? If you are comparing different drivers in different cars, your data isn't going to be accurate as some drivers are going to be faster than others.

If you test the cars at different tracks yourself, you will find the Nismo Z is generally the fastest, the Lexus is genrally the slowest, and the GT-R and the NSX are are somewhere inbetween the two. I've not tested the Supra so I can't really comment on that.

My 2 cent as I've been running a Super GT championship on an italian forum for the past 2 months or so: we've decided to stick to one car each and out of the 7 races we've done (5 pre-season, 2 official) the Z's were by far the fastest (they basically dominated all of the races but failed to win a couple of them in the end due to drivers' silly mistakes) and the GT-R/NSX/Supra (NSX's are actually faster than GT-R's but much more tail-happy) drivers had to go through hoops to keep up, with the 4 Lexus (TOM's and Bandai) being pretty much constantly in the back.

In fact, the Z's alleged overpoweredness was the reason why I ended up devising a "Success Ballast" system for the series.

EDIT: thanks to Masi and Imari for their answers about the clutch glitch.

Last edited:
Preseason results? or your own testing? If you are comparing different drivers in different cars, your data isn't going to be accurate as some drivers are going to be faster than others.

If you test the cars at different tracks yourself, you will find the Nismo Z is generally the fastest, the Lexus is genrally the slowest, and the GT-R and the NSX are are somewhere inbetween the two. I've not tested the Supra so I can't really comment on that.

Well, I actually did try different cars on different circuits. What I found was that different cars are fast on different circuits. Also, I agree about the part that some drivers are fatser then others. What I'm trying to say is that the results during preseason shows that it's an open and evenly matched championship at the moment. If it has to do with that for a reason, all the fastest drivers drive the slowest cars, and all the slowest drivers drives the NISMO Z, so be it.. It's still an even competition as it looks for now, and I like it 👍

Sign me up Masi if there is room.
PSN ID: eppe00
Class:GT 300 - RE Amemiya Asparadrink RX-7

Think this class is better for me...(high age and slow reflexes) :)

Did a test with a brand new RX-7(330hp after oil change) on Nurb/F with following setup:
DF 35/60, maxspeed 250km/h, LSD 10/10/10, RH -8/-8, SR 17.8/14.2
DE 8/1, DC 7/1, ARB 6/6, Camb. 3.0/2.0, Toe -0.20/0.10, B 9/8

Managed laptime : 2.04.7, topspeed at mainstraight 228km/h.
Does anybody know if I´m totally wrong with the tuning setup?

I'm in another Super GT racing league that Nissman is running. Extremely good drivers and presumably knowledgeable guys. First race yesterday at Fuji F. Fastest lap time was 1.32.5 just give you a feeling from what kind of speeds these guys are running at.

Car rules are simple. Any GT500/JGTC car. Mods allowed. Max 532hp. However, they have decided to ban the Z beacause its faster than any other car even at this lesser hp level.

What I'm saying is not to ban the Z, but stick with the 542hp and allow people to figure out how to optimize around that rule. I think it would even the playing field between the cars.

I don't think we should allow mods.

It's like saying HRT, Lotus and Virgin could use turbos in their cars to be even with Ferrari, Red Bull and such.

C.D
In fact, the Z's alleged overpoweredness was the reason why I ended up devising a "Success Ballast" system for the series.

i was thinking this the other day, how could/did you do this? i think it would be a good idea, just like the touring cars.

i ve managed 2:03 low with the amemiya on hard tyres and i think i can drop down to 2:02 high. i am sure all the cars in gt300 are prety equal in this compound.

How much hp does the car have? What is the topspeed on the main straight?

i was thinking this the other day, how could/did you do this? i think it would be a good idea, just like the touring cars.

Top 5 drivers from the previous race plus the dude who scored the fastest lap during the race get hit to varying degrees by the "Success Ballast" penalty.

Due to the inherent inability of adding extra wight to the cars, the Kg. penalties become seconds of delay at the start of the race: the driver's will click on "start/pause" right after the end of the 3,2,1 countdown to allow their car to cruise at limited speed for a set amount of time (this also helps avoiding crashes at the start and at the 1st turn) and will be allowed to go at full throttle once the designated Success Ballast Penalty has expired.

The penalties are cumulative but will be lifted off every 2 rounds and halved in the last race.

A quick check of the replay right after the race will tell if someone's cheated, earning themselves a 4x Penalty for the next round.

This is how we keep track of the penalties (huge image so beware):

http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/3324/classifichesupergtfinal.png

Last edited:
i must say that is a very well thought out table well done... i think a ballast would be a great idea, however we do rolling starts plus we have gt300 cars aswell in the mix so maybe we need another way around it if anyone has any ideas/suggestions thats only if people like this idea of course. lol

Don't have any more time to work on my qualy lap so here it is. I'm fairly sure that theres another 8 tenths or so I didn't extract from my lap. But ohwell.

Hi! Here is my 'Official' Qualifying Lap Replay Submission

PSN: qczhao
Car: Honda Takata Dome NSX '06
Class: GT500
Lap Time: 1'57.336

Apologies for the sound at the start - phone was making the speakers crazy :P

Last edited:
Don't have any more time to work on my qualy lap so here it is. I'm fairly sure that theres another 8 tenths or so I didn't extract from my lap. But ohwell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RN0gTwtJVzQ

Lap is good 👍

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RN0gTwtJVzQ

Clean 👍

Doing a 02'03.660 right now with Arta Garaiya and lots of mistakes damn it's fustrating to streak a good lap together. i guess i can get it down to a low 3.1 or 3.2. What Times are you other garaiya drivers getting?

Last edited:
Hey i thought to myself i would really like to participate as a safety car for the next race . Can i do that MASI?

Just had ago in the nismo z finally got into the 1:57s, i just cant get a lap in without a mistake lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back