::::: World Super GT Championship - [Thread 5 Closed] :::::

• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 1,001 comments

Q1: Season Car choice? / Q2: Should we run another Preseason race? **2 votes only!**

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
By th way, im still curious how the Lexus SC430 would do under race conditions.

I raced with XsApollo and johnkiller2 a few days ago (very good racers I might add), and even though they dominated most of the race, my Lexus wasn't far behind most of the time, around 10 seconds, until I made some dreadful mistakes, which isn't bad considering I'm not the fastest of drivers and it untuned for the track. Btw it was the same as race settings... hard tyres etc.

In terms of my qualifying lap I've managed 1:59:5, way off the pace atm, oversteer being a common problem/annoyance and my lack of tuning ability doesn't help. Still, I'm hoping for a 1:58 :D

I raced with XsApollo and johnkiller2 a few days ago (very good racers I might add), and even though they dominated most of the race, my Lexus wasn't far behind most of the time, around 10 seconds, until I made some dreadful mistakes, which isn't bad considering I'm not the fastest of drivers and it untuned for the track. Btw it was the same as race settings... hard tyres etc.

In terms of my qualifying lap I've managed 1:59:5, way off the pace atm, oversteer being a common problem/annoyance and my lack of tuning ability doesn't help. Still, I'm hoping for a 1:58 :D

How long was the race?

Not free runs. We set the race laps to 2 or 3. One driver enters his car, then i start the race. I will spectate and record his fastest lap. Anyone can watch if they please also :)

Edit: Can you spectate and see the laptimes in Free run?

You can. By entering the Watch Race mode you can spectate the track while people are free running, and you have access the screen that shows splits, best lap, last lap and so on. The data spectating screen, the name escapes me for the moment.

Ony stewards can hold sessions.
Applications for stewardship are still open :D

il give it ago if your short of people, only thing is i prob wont be able to host servers with 16 people in it, my net wont take it lol

and post above, yes thats true, does it count laps aswell, incase people cheat and try to do 1 extra lap lol however if there are only few on track at time it will be easy to see whos done what....

8 laps, so I guess that changes what I just said slightly. I think though, that in the right hands, the lexus is capable of keeping up with the leaders.

Try decreasing front downforce. It will help.

Or try lowering the rear ride height.

Hope that helps.

You can. By entering the Watch Race mode you can spectate the track while people are free running, and you have access the screen that shows splits, best lap, last lap and so on. The data spectating screen, the name escapes me for the moment.

Thanks. I guess its too late to apply it this week?

I can host tomorrow around 01.30 pm PST ...i would assume Sallyk23 will be able to host a seperate room?

Thanks. I guess its too late to apply it this week?

I can host tomorrow around 01.30 pm PST ...i would assume Sallyk23 will be able to host a seperate room?

only 1 person has posted quali time so its up to everyone...

I should be able to host tomorrow about the same time. So far just one appt. for me in the morning. I'll know tomorrow early afternoon.

I've spent quite a bit of time trying to put a qualifying lap together on Nurb. I'm ready to submit it but not if you guys decide to change the qualifying to online.

Personally, I like the idea of running qualifying online, I would just prefer it if we started to apply it for La Sarthe rather than sort of rushing it for this week. 👍

And I like the 11am-12pm PST slot for qualifying. Others will do though. :)

I've already submitted my lap and I will be busy for the next few days so prob won't be able to make any of the sessions so...next week please? hehe

are any stewards hosting a room earlier than Masi tomorrow or thurs?

I can run some quali anytime earlier, but 3-30 EST is my cutoff every day (except friday:)).

If not, I have replay ready...i just hadnt posted it cause i'm still tinkering with my setup

Change qualy procedure this week or should we apply it for next week?

Vote:
Yes - 1
No -

I vote yes.

Any submitted laps as of now will be counted this week (assuming the vote goes through)

Vote
This week: 1
Nezt week: 4

Would prefer next week, already spent time working on quali laps on soft tyre, then more time for the change to the hard tyre, another night would be too much for me :P

Would prefer next week, already spent time working on quali laps on soft tyre, then more time for the change to the hard tyre, another night would be too much for me :P

same here, already spent time testing on softs and then hards

I would prefer next week too

then we have a fresh start to schedule some quali sessions

Room Open come one come all!

1472-6399-8880-6891-4064

Work on your setups, we'll do a couple races as well of 7 laps or so. That seems to work yesterday. More GT300 guys would be great.

Next week,

Though I have to confess that i wont be able to enter the race this week. Tomorrow I turn 18 years, and I also going to take my driving test tomorrow. So on thursday I'll probably be driving around in my parents car (If i pass the test hopefully). And friday is the first time I'll se my girlfriend in 3 weeks. So I'm a bit busy.

But for next week I am going to race either the Lexus Denso - or i could spend money on the Pretonas if we want 2 different Lexus' in the race :)

Vote to change qualy
This week: 2
Next week: 7
Not particularly fussed either way: 1

UPDATE: You can watch practice mode with a live timing monitor that will show the 3 sectors and best lap as default for each driver! Watching KamyKaze run right now :)

Next week would be a more ideal time tbh.

And PaggyDaggy, I'm in the Petronas so I'd suggest saving your credits :)

Next week would be a more ideal time tbh.

And PaggyDaggy, I'm in the Petronas so I'd suggest saving your credits :)

Okay Biffy, but who's driving the Denso other than me then? I remember seeing someone qualifying in the Denso. :scared:

I think GTP_Sigma is taking out a Lexus this week.

On an unrelated note, since I had some more time tonight than I originally planned for, I bought a GT-R and Z to try out at the Nurb. I used stock suspension and LSD, did an oil change. Changed the gear ratios and aerodynamics to match what I had on the NSX.

In all honesty, it doesn't feel like there is too much ultimate speed difference between the GT-R and the NSX, however the GT-R is definitely more forgiving and you can push it hard for less effort.

Then I tried out the Z; I didn't really like it to be honest, it's very brutey and you drive it on the torque; the high revving NA engine of the NSX feels nicer.

However it was definitely quick. On the 10-lap run I did I was knocking out low 1:57s with a best lap of 1:56.7x. With some setup work I think breaking into the 1:55's is possible (it suffered from some understeer).

I think getting 1:55's in the NSX will be very very difficult. Although no doubt someone like Sincx will come along and make it look easy :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back