::::: World Super GT Championship - [Thread 5 Closed] :::::

• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 1,001 comments

Q1: Season Car choice? / Q2: Should we run another Preseason race? **2 votes only!**

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol at God mode :D

Ill be hosting practice tomorrow at about 10.00 pm GMT.

Btw, seems like only one has submitted so far in qualy. Whats the hold up? Shall we commence live qualifying?

I just need to compress mine. Did you see my message about being able to run qualifying during a practice session and not needing to start a race?

Welcome to the new guys!

Qualifying procedure is on Page 1, Post 2.

Although it will be changed next week to live qualifying but follow that for now.

Make sure to read all the rules and regs :)

I just need to compress mine. Did you see my message about being able to run qualifying during a practice session and not needing to start a race?

Yup, saw it 👍

Lol at God mode :D

Ill be hosting practice tomorrow at about 10.00 pm GMT.

Btw, seems like only one has submitted so far in qualy. Whats the hold up? Shall we commence live qualifying?

I think people are furiously working on their laps till the last possible second lol :P

One question before I start deciding on cars to try (and buy since I only have one GT-R that's allowed :P ) we're not allowed the stealth Super GT cars?

One question before I start deciding on cars to try (and buy since I only have one GT-R that's allowed :P ) we're not allowed the stealth Super GT cars?

Correct :) Masi said they have about 50 more hp. We can always use more GT300 cars :)

GT300 would be a good idea actually, my first foray into online racing in a 180MPH race car doesn't sound like a good idea :P

Can I change my selected class if I want to? (Only since I posted it, obviously I can't change after qualifying or racing) And are there restrictions on transmission or controllers? I run Automatic on a DS3.

GT300 would be a good idea actually, my first foray into online racing in a 180MPH race car doesn't sound like a good idea :P

Can I change my selected class if I want to? (Only since I posted it, obviously I can't change after qualifying or racing) And are there restrictions on transmission or controllers? I run Automatic on a DS3.

Once the season starts you're locked into that car, so you could run a Subaru this week and the Lexus next then make your final pick for the season.

You're fine on auto with a DS3.

Good to know, I'll get testing tomorrow (or... after I've slept :P )

Nurburgring GP this week, yes?

Once the season starts you're locked into that car, so you could run a Subaru this week and the Lexus next then make your final pick for the season.

You're fine on auto with a DS3.

👍

**FALSE ALARM**

I found I had skid recovery force turned on, :dunce: which explains why its a few seconds ahead of everyone. I will turn it off and see what time I get.

Lol sigma.

I was considering retiring from this series. :dopey:

My lap is ready too, got today off work though so might try and shave a tenth off :)

Anyone running a GT300 car want to share a lap time? I am not involved in this series, but have been practicing with a GT300 car and I'm trying to gauge how slow I really am. If you don't want to post it for all to see yet, how about letting me know via PM?

I'm in another Super GT racing league that Nissman is running. Extremely good drivers and presumably knowledgeable guys. First race yesterday at Fuji F. Fastest lap time was 1.32.5 just give you a feeling from what kind of speeds these guys are running at.

Car rules are simple. Any GT500/JGTC car. Mods allowed. Max 532hp. However, they have decided to ban the Z beacause its faster than any other car even at this lesser hp level.

What I'm saying is not to ban the Z, but stick with the 542hp and allow people to figure out how to optimize around that rule. I think it would even the playing field between the cars.

I´ve made a test on Deep Forest, which is a track that I know pretty well. I drove each car for 10 laps, and used the same settings. All AIDS off, ABS 1. Tires were Racing Soft.

Results:

1:Nissan Nismo Z (Stock 534hp).......................1´07.486
2:Honda Raybrig (Stage 3 Turbo,no oil c. 530hp) 1´07.708 +0.222
3:Nissan YH GT-R(Stock 518hp)........................1´07.722 +0.236
4:Toyta YH Supra(oil c.+eng.stage 3, 534hp).......1´07.856 +0.370
5:Lexus Tom´s P (oil c.+stage 2 Turbo, 525hp)....1´07.995 +0.509
6:Lexus Tom´s P (Stock, oil c. 490hp)................1´08.880 +1.394

As You can see from the results, the Nismo Z was the fastest even if the others were modified (except the GT-R). Think the gaps would even be bigger if all was stock.

I´m not a "Pro Driver" like the most of You, but I like to do these kind of tests and compare cars.

In my opinion the Nissan got the best brakes, Honda has the best topspeed but is very slippery, Toyota has probably the worst brakes, Lexus is fun to drive but even with 525 hp it was last in the test.Stock it is almost 1.5 sec behind on a short track like Deep Forest.

About the Q-session goin online offcourse eliminates people using SRF, but without the data log from the replays it would be impossible to say if someone´s cheating with turbos or engine stages, specially in the GT300 class. But that´s barely not something to be worried about...?:)

Sign-up for Season:

PSN: GTP_Aderrrm
Class: GT300

Qualifying for Nurburgring GP/F:

PSN: GTP_Aderrrm
Car: CUSCO DUNLOP Subaru Impreza
Class: GT300
Lap Time: 2'02.839

Suspension and Drivetrain is pretty much stock (because I'm not good at tuning :D) but obviously I've changed the gearing, aero and brakes. :)

I very nearly go off the track at turn 4 (I think) but it's definitely clean. Only my left wheels go off the track on to the run-off and my right wheels are still touching the white line. If you're unsure of this, pause it and go to photomode and see for yourself or you can add me on PSN and view some images I've taken of it being clean. Cheers. 👍

Replay attached below:

Attachments

• Qualifying Nurburgring GPF.zip
    330.4 KB · Views: 18
I´ve made a test on Deep Forest, which is a track that I know pretty well. I drove each car for 10 laps, and used the same settings. All AIDS off, ABS 1. Tires were Racing Soft.

Results:

1:Nissan Nismo Z (Stock 534hp).......................1´07.486
2:Honda Raybrig (Stage 3 Turbo,no oil c. 530hp) 1´07.708 +0.222
3:Nissan YH GT-R(Stock 518hp)........................1´07.722 +0.236
4:Toyta YH Supra(oil c.+eng.stage 3, 534hp).......1´07.856 +0.370
5:Lexus Tom´s P (oil c.+stage 2 Turbo, 525hp)....1´07.995 +0.509
6:Lexus Tom´s P (Stock, oil c. 490hp)................1´08.880 +1.394

Very good test with facts. Great stuff.

It looks about right to me. I did my qualifying laps for Nurburgring yesterday. Managed a 1.55.9 with the Z and a 1.56.4 with the GTR. Haven't decided yet which lap to submit for the race. Tempted to try the GTR. Its easier to drive and online is slipperier than practice.

It looks about right to me. I did my qualifying laps for Nurburgring yesterday. Managed a 1.55.9 with the Z and a 1.56.4 with the GTR. Haven't decided yet which lap to submit for the race. Tempted to try the GTR. Its easier to drive and online is slipperier than practice.

I heard that the Lexus would be 504 hp when engine is broke in,(was that correct?). That extra 14hp should be a few tenths I think. Seems like really close battle if You´re allowed to mod.

i agree im going to go for the gtr this race (if i can get a good lap in). ive done a lap with the z but i used it last race, i wanna try somthing new because the tyres go very quickly with the z i feel

i will try make the practice at 10PM GMT i can maybe play an hour at max as i have work early tomorrow

Also before i forget... when in the race if we are overtaking are we "allowed" to cross over white pit exit line. I know we shouldnt when coming out of pits just not sure when racing????

Last edited:
Made this last night, thought it would be handy. Figured I would share......TQ you can fill it out and send it back to me with your set up as a form of Thanks. :) hahahaha

It will print nicely on a normal sheet. . I did do like 99% scale to be sure it would not have any cut off.

GT5setupsheet.jpg

Anyone testing today? I am off work with an ill child.........not as ill as they was before school....:( But I am home :)

Also before i forget... when in the race if we are overtaking are we "allowed" to cross over white pit exit line. I know we shouldnt when coming out of pits just not sure when racing????

Should be fine, you can do that in normal racing.

Also, will record my lap in a sec, not had time today to try and improve, but 99% happy with the lap anyway :)

You can do it, but you need to take care that you're not going to hit anyone who might be coming out of the pits. You'll be going much faster than they will, and they will have nowhere to go to avoid you.

after a few hours today ive finally got into the very high 1:56 lol i dont know how you guys are getting 1:55s lol theres no way il do that...

I had a tweak of the GT-R settings for the first time today, I Just ran a 1.55.4, I lost 0.2 seconds to my previous ghost on the last sector, and the next lap I was 0.2 seconds up on the new ghost.

So it seems a 1.54.XXX is definitely plausible with a good lap, and perhaps a bit more tweaking could make it a little easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back