::::: World Super GT Championship - [Thread 5 Closed] :::::

• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 1,001 comments

Q1: Season Car choice? / Q2: Should we run another Preseason race? **2 votes only!**

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
All down to a good setup here, sure you can mess the lines up but setup makes all the difference.

Gonna start trying to get the NSX around fast, feeling sick as fok though :guilty:

after a few hours today ive finally got into the very high 1:56 lol i dont know how you guys are getting 1:55s lol theres no way il do that...

All down to a good setup here, sure you can mess the lines up but setup makes all the difference.

Gonna start trying to get the NSX around fast, feeling sick as fok though :guilty:

I haven't really noticed that, after the aero changes, the rest is only worth about half a second. At least for me it is, although I would admit I'm far from a great tuner. :indiff:

i just did a good lap but at turn 4 i ran wide so only my front wheel is touching the white line :(

What is your definition of a "good lap"? :P - I have no idea if I'm close to you for laptime this week or not.

I haven't really noticed that, after the aero changes, the rest is only worth about half a second. At least for me it is, although I would admit I'm far from a great tuner. :indiff:

Just do as i'm doing this week.

Open an Excel sheet and start trying every seting with different values, and write down lap times and how the car feels.

I won't have time for testing all settings though, this week. :dopey:

Managed to get one fairly good (for me), clean laptime out of the Lexus, in the high 1:58's. Really tough work. Found a setup that works quite well and good to drive with, despite the well off laptime. It's been the best I could do, inbetween me screwing up the lines at particularly pivotal points and the car just not having enough grip. I could probably squeeze it down to 1:58:00, but I've done at least 50 laps to no avail and the track is driving me mental, really not in the mood to keep grinding laps out...

Anyway, would anybody using a Sixaxis Controller be willing to share some of their laptimes? I'd like to see how I'm doing compared to other drivers.

I´ve made a test on Deep Forest, which is a track that I know pretty well. I drove each car for 10 laps, and used the same settings. All AIDS off, ABS 1. Tires were Racing Soft.

Results:

1:Nissan Nismo Z (Stock 534hp).......................1´07.486
2:Honda Raybrig (Stage 3 Turbo,no oil c. 530hp) 1´07.708 +0.222
3:Nissan YH GT-R(Stock 518hp)........................1´07.722 +0.236
4:Toyta YH Supra(oil c.+eng.stage 3, 534hp).......1´07.856 +0.370
5:Lexus Tom´s P (oil c.+stage 2 Turbo, 525hp)....1´07.995 +0.509
6:Lexus Tom´s P (Stock, oil c. 490hp)................1´08.880 +1.394

As You can see from the results, the Nismo Z was the fastest even if the others were modified (except the GT-R). Think the gaps would even be bigger if all was stock.

I´m not a "Pro Driver" like the most of You, but I like to do these kind of tests and compare cars.

In my opinion the Nissan got the best brakes, Honda has the best topspeed but is very slippery, Toyota has probably the worst brakes, Lexus is fun to drive but even with 525 hp it was last in the test.Stock it is almost 1.5 sec behind on a short track like Deep Forest.

About the Q-session goin online offcourse eliminates people using SRF, but without the data log from the replays it would be impossible to say if someone´s cheating with turbos or engine stages, specially in the GT300 class. But that´s barely not something to be worried about...?:)

Thanks for the input 👍

Once again, the Z is the fastest, but we should finish off the preaseson until we come up with a verdict and decide its fate. Right now, looks like the tracks that we've ran so far (Monaco & Laguna) are not very forgiving. Maybe NUR will allow us to see the difference in a much better light since its much wider, free flowing track - much easier to be more consistent.

About Qualy: we will do them live and Seperate. GT500s first with 542 limit. Then GT300 with 340-350 limit (or any number to Cap the ARTA since its the fastest). It should be sufficient since you will go over 400hp with any car with the next engine upgrade (or is it the turbo?).

Last edited:
Managed to get one fairly good (for me), clean laptime out of the Lexus, in the high 1:58's. Really tough work. Found a setup that works quite well and good to drive with, despite the well off laptime. It's been the best I could do, inbetween me screwing up the lines at particularly pivotal points and the car just not having enough grip. I could probably squeeze it down to 1:58:00, but I've done at least 50 laps to no avail and the track is driving me mental, really not in the mood to keep grinding laps out...

Anyway, would anybody using a Sixaxis Controller be willing to share some of their laptimes? I'd like to see how I'm doing compared to other drivers.

i have done 1:56.9.. with the sixaxis controller (in the Nissan Nismo GT-R) i can pro get a niny bit more out of it if i done a very good lap without mistakes but thats about it lol ive push and push untill i go off the track lol

also its been mentioned some point yesturday about a penalty "ballast" do you tink this could be an idea? im not sure the way the guy said how he did it is right for this series as we do a rolling start...

Been trying the autobacs arta garaiya the past hour and my best time is 2.06.500.

Using sixaxis controller

uploaded here because I mistakingly saved the replay instead of the ghost and was slightly bigger than 1 MB.

Anyways don't worry, the fast lap is the first one.
http://www.2shared.com/file/LZz1TfmB/PS3.html

Last edited:
I think I'm going to go with the Impreza for this. I'm not going to be good enough for the GT500 series, don't want to hold people up ;)

I'm a pad player. My qualifying submission was 1:57.336 (you can see it as a youtube vid earlier in the thread). However, I did make a few mistakes so something like 1:56.5xx is about the limit for my skills.

The really fast drivers will be doing 1:55s (although they're probably using wheels).

sorry 2.01.623 and yes it is the arta

2.01.729 here - I can definitely get to a 2.01.5-6 though. My lap is clean but I had to feather the throttle a little exiting the corner before the chicane, then at the chicane I take a slightly wrong line into the first part, which left me slow on the exit. I was 5 tenths up on a previous lap when going into the last sector, ended up only 3 tenths up once across the line. Seeing the "-0.5" was probably the reason for messing up the chicane tbh :P

Using a DS3 here too.

hey guys I have a little bit of a problem.
How does the room number work? everytime I try to put the room numer to get there I get a message that says "room not avaliable".

Thanks for all the feedback, gives me a good idea of how my Lexus is going to place on the field. Going to submit my lap soon, just making sure it's definitely clean. Won't make any changes to my setup until tomorrow, I know I can get it at least a second faster, but I just don't have the patience and energy today to mess around with all the settings. Plus it's only a pre-season race, so I'm just out to learn atm :)

So only numbers? no spaces or anything like that? cuase I think I've done that ... I'll check again. Thanks Masi.

I was trying to improve my lap time on practice mode.

Loaded my best lap ghost, and finishing my first flying lap my ps3 froze!! 3 times!!!

Could it be a defect on the saved lap file??

i'm online now and no problem. :nervous:

2.01.729 here - I can definitely get to a 2.01.5-6 though. My lap is clean but I had to feather the throttle a little exiting the corner before the chicane, then at the chicane I take a slightly wrong line into the first part, which left me slow on the exit. I was 5 tenths up on a previous lap when going into the last sector, ended up only 3 tenths up once across the line. Seeing the "-0.5" was probably the reason for messing up the chicane tbh :P

Using a DS3 here too.

You guys are pretty fast, i've only managed 2'03.xxx ...been very busy with my schedule so i haven't got much time to practice; mostly just online sessions :yuck:

Anyone else running with a buttkicker? Its very disappointing to say the least... cant feel much of the rumble strips as its drowned out by lower end of the engine noise.

My 'Official' Qualifying Lap Replay Submission:

PSN: BiffyClyro93
Car: Lexus SC430 Petronas
Class: GT500
Lap Time: 1:58:787

Attachments

• WSGTC - Biffy's Lap.zip
    315.1 KB · Views: 10
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back