::::: World Super GT Championship - [Thread 5 Closed] :::::

• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 1,001 comments

Q1: Season Car choice? / Q2: Should we run another Preseason race? **2 votes only!**

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see it in the list, but is it possible to drive the VOODONE ADVAN CLARION GT-R ´08?

I am going to give my Raybrig NSX a solid two hours of tuning tonight, if I can top or match the Z time......I will run it.

Honestly though the TQ the Z has lends to it being faster, it has a STELLAR set of brakes compared to the GT-R as well.....I was running the brakes to clicks higher on the GT-R to get similar braking points as the Z. I like the way it rotates on the brakes, it can be short shifted out of a tight turn and has the TQ to keep pulling hard.

However, in race conditions, it can be a snake. It has that TQ and if you jab the throttle you will def get bit by this car. So Q times maybe faster, but in the heat of a race it could easly cause you to go backwards. As where the GT-R is so smooth and stable. . .

There seems to be enough GT-R's and Lexus' to run those only. I am new to this serious. Not new to driving or Gran Turismo. Anyway that is my opinion as of now. . may change tonight with the NSX session.

FWIW I ran a 1:57.6 in the Z last night after only two laps on the course. Friend stopped and used my cockpit most of the night. Actually I utilisied him as a bit of tuning tool. I made changes and seen if he noticed anything. Let him tell me what the car is doing different then told him what I did and what I was expecting. . . so lil more time dialing with me at the wheel I can see a 1:56 in it...........should note my buddies fastest lap was 2:04.8.....it was clean too. He owns GT1 and that is it. :)

Last edited:
I am going to give my Raybrig NSX a solid two hours of tuning tonight, if I can top or match the Z time......I will run it.

Honestly though the TQ the Z has lends to it being faster, it has a STELLAR set of brakes compared to the GT-R as well.....I was running the brakes to clicks higher on the GT-R to get similar braking points as the Z. I like the way it rotates on the brakes, it can be short shifted out of a tight turn and has the TQ to keep pulling hard.

However, in race conditions, it can be a snake. It has that TQ and if you jab the throttle you will def get bit by this car. So Q times maybe faster, but in the heat of a race it could easly cause you to go backwards. As where the GT-R is so smooth and stable. . .

There seems to be enough GT-R's and Lexus' to run those only. I am new to this serious. Not new to driving or Gran Turismo. Anyway that is my opinion as of now. . may change tonight with the NSX session.

FWIW I ran a 1:57.6 in the Z last night after only two laps on the course. Friend stopped and used my cockpit most of the night. Actually I utilisied him as a bit of tuning tool. I made changes and seen if he noticed anything. Let him tell me what the car is doing different then told him what I did and what I was expecting. . . so lil more time dialing with me at the wheel I can see a 1:56 in it.

I think personally, for a pad player like me, it will probably be easier to make the GT-R or Nismo Z go fast - they are so stable.

But I love my NSX's and I think with a nice smooth style and a delicate touch the NSX is just as quick ^^

/\ The GT-R would be my choice on the DS3. The Z if you can manage the TQ, as stated short shift it and let that 550ish ft lbs of TQ at 4k rpm do some work. :)

im either going to use the gtr or z as im on a pad 2, the nsx i will just spin off during race lol,

any practice/mini races tonight?

Hey guys, cant reply to questions right now, but i have an idea about how we should do qualifying in the future.

How bout doing them online? I create a room, and one by one, drivers are given 2-3 laps (depending on the track) to put up a fast lap. I have small windows in my schedule where i can have them held.

Saturday: 11.00 am - 02.00 pm PST
Monday: 01.30 pm - 03.30 pm PST
Wednesday: 01.30 pm - 03.30 pm PST

Stewards can also hold them if available.

Last edited:
/\ I like it!!!!

As well, I hear the tire debate, what about just going mediums for both qualify and race?

I personally would prefer to run hards on both.

i think it could be a good idea as it adds pressure (like in real life) to get that super fast/clean lap in 3 laps.

yea could work.

Hey guys, cant reply to questions right now, but i have an idea about how we should do qualifying in the future.

How bout doing them online? I create a room, and one by one, drivers are given 2-3 laps (depending on the track) to put up a fast lap. I have small windows in my schedule where i can have them held.

Saturday: 11.00 am - 02.00 pm PST
Monday: 01.30 pm - 03.30 pm PST
Wednesday: 01.30 pm - 03.30 pm PST

Stewards can also hold them if available.

Bumped to next page.

/\ I like it!!!!

As well, I hear the tire debate, what about just going mediums for both qualify and race?

I personally would prefer to run hards on both.

I think there is one more preseason race after Nurburgring. How about trying Medium for that race and then we tried it all before the real season starts.

I'm ok racing any type of tyre. Qualifying online isn't a bad idea. I'll host rooms as well as needed. I'm assuming the steward will just copy the times down as the racers complete their laps?

The qualifying idea isn't bad, it worked fairly well in Spec Miata this week. It's relatively quick and easy, and it encourages driving at a reasonably consistent pace instead of hammering for that one killer lap. We were doing two drivers on track at a time (spaced well apart), and two hot laps following your out lap.

The arguments I've seen against it are that it's possible for someone to screw up both their hot laps and end up way down in the standings, but I figure that's just part of the game. If you can't put in one reasonably representative lap with no one else on the track then you're probably going to have trouble with consistency over the length of the race too.

Bumped to next page.

There would be no way to check the laps in that case. You can't view replays of Free Runs online. (afaik)

I agree having a limited number of laps of qualy heightens the tension for the drivers (and makes it like RL).

But I can't see how we are going to make that work.

Personally, I don't think we need to try Racing Medium Tyres - I think RH levels of grip are really nice, and raising that will make it worse as it makes it less of a challenge to put in consistent laps. Less grip also opens up more opportunities for passing, as people who are too eager on the power lose traction etc.

There would be no way to check the laps in that case. You can't view replays of Free Runs online. (afaik)

I agree having a limited number of laps of qualy heightens the tension for the drivers (and makes it like RL).

Personally, I don't think we need to try Racing Medium Tyres - I think RH levels of grip are really nice, and raising that will make it worse as it makes it less of a challenge to put in consistent laps. Less grip also opens up more opportunities for passing, as people who are too eager on the power lose traction etc.

Not free runs. We set the race laps to 2 or 3. One driver enters his car, then i start the race. I will spectate and record his fastest lap. Anyone can watch if they please also :)

Edit: Can you spectate and see the laptimes in Free run?

Last edited:

There would be someone monitoring the session, Masi or a steward. Two at time would be fine.

For example, I would host a session and mediate the session too make sure it is run correctly.

Also before i forget the pratice race (the 1st one) i got a few photos to share, 1st time ive done this so please be kind at my poor photograhpy lol

1st off the start of race coming down the pit straight...
nrburgringgpfq.jpg

2nd i think Owens hit the breaks on the grass coming into 1st corner
nrburgringgpf1.jpg

3rd the s bend (dunno what its called) bit of smoke which looks kinda cool
nrburgringgpf2p.jpg

4th thought i best get the only GT300 cars in this race, that suabru looks nice (got 1 myself lol)
nrburgringgpf3w.jpg

5th Kammy and Nycrom coming together which leads to Nycrom being pushed out wide....
nrburgringgpf4.jpg

Not free runs. We set the race laps to 2 or 3. One driver enters his car, then i start the race. I will spectate and record his fastest lap. Anyone can watch if they please also :)

Oh yeah, that sounds good. I guess if anyone can't make the pre-defined sessions, then they could also host their own 3-lap qualy and just submit the replay for verification, if it came to that.

edit: nice pics Paginas.

No NSX's in there eh? haha :(

Edit: Can you spectate and see the laptimes in Free run?

Edited my last post.

Oh yeah, that sounds good. I guess if anyone can't make the pre-defined sessions, then they could also host their own 3-lap qualy and just submit the replay for verification, if it came to that.

edit: nice pics Paginas.

No NSX's in there eh? haha :(

Ony stewards can hold sessions.
Applications for stewardship are still open :D

Gonna open a room at about 4:30est. for practice. Look for room #

cool il be on again....

with the new quali idea, can a race happy with just 1 person, wont someone have to start the race with the person whos doing the quali laps if u see what i mean....

Yay.

I got under sec 57 finally. :bowdown:

I'll be in too sallyk.

Need to race to see if the setup isn't damaging race pace.

what about if there is more the 16 there want to qualify i mean if you do so you need to see all the replays

Viewing replays are not necessary. Drivers will go do their stint one by one ( or by twos ) and I, or any of the stewards, will spectate live and write down the lap times as they go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back