::::: World Super GT Championship - [Thread 5 Closed] :::::

• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 1,001 comments

Q1: Season Car choice? / Q2: Should we run another Preseason race? **2 votes only!**

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then everyone will run the Arta ;) - Pretty boring.

Everyone doesn't think it's the fastest car. YOU think it's the fastest car, so you should run it. :)

Of course, you'll probably win whatever you drive because you're an amazing driver.

My lounge is up for practise.

If i get enough people, we will do a test race at the 24H layout of the Nurburgring.

Once again, feel free to add me and join. :sly:

Everyone doesn't think it's the fastest car. YOU think it's the fastest car, so you should run it. :)

Of course, you'll probably win whatever you drive because you're an amazing driver.

in hard tyres i think all gt300 cars will be almost even. i think that the lexus is more gentle on tires and have a more stable pace during race. After all everybody should drive a car that like and not because its the faster one.👍

Tire choice doesn't matter to me too much, I'll run on whatever the rules state. I've run a 2:03.xxx in the Subaru and wasn't trying too hard, just trying to learn the track in this type of car. I'm really looking forward to this week's race, this tracks suits these cars quite well IMHO.

Tim

<<< massive hang-over

I see i have missed a bit of a discussion. I guess the Garaiya's will always have an advantage in qualifying :/ we can try and mandate hard tyres in qualy, but that would be a rule everyone could easily cheat.

Anyway, from now on, i will host tire tests/practices on Mondays and Wednesdays.

Back to sleep.

Last edited:
Tyre choice is shown in replays, masi, so it's no problem to check up on it - if others think it's a good idea :)

Enjoy the hangover :D

Tyre choice is shown in replays, masi, so it's no problem to check up on it - if others think it's a good idea :)

Enjoy the hangover :D

Does it show before you watch the replay? I never noticed...

Before hangover > :dopey: ....after > :scared:

yes had a quick test with kamy and wilhelm, i did a 2:00.319 on hards in a nismo z. very bumpy circuit, can catch you out sometimes lol

did a 1:54.518 with softs, softs feels so much easier with them lol

Last edited:
I don't think forcing two tyre compounds is a great idea, because there is no difference in durability, there would be no tactical advantage. It would just be x-tyre is faster than y-tyre, so try to run as many laps on the fast tyre as possible.

qczhao is right. the races arent long enough to really wear down the softer compound...everyone would run the softer of the two until the last lap and then switch to the hards to meet the regulations.

you could always run a 1.5hr nordshcleife endurace race as a special event in the middle of the season...a one off race for each division that doesnt give any championship points but will have a title for someone to show off. maybe run all the gt500s together in one race and run the gt300s in the other and crown a winner of each. would give the guys falling back in the main championship at that point something to race for.

qczhao is right. the races arent long enough to really wear down the softer compound...everyone would run the softer of the two until the last lap and then switch to the hards to meet the regulations.

you could always run a 1.5hr nordshcleife endurace race as a special event in the middle of the season...a one off race for each division that doesnt give any championship points but will have a title for someone to show off. maybe run all the gt500s together in one race and run the gt300s in the other and crown a winner of each. would give the guys falling back in the main championship at that point something to race for.

A special event is a great idea. Kind of like an All-Star weekend.

Inuagural Race: Fuji or Suzuka
Mid-Point: Special Event
Season Finale: Suzuka mini-Enduro

Fuji to start Suzuka mini-enduro to finish would be my vote :)

Hope the hangover is starting to subside Masi! I've found mine get worse the older I get...hahaha

Fuji to start Suzuka mini-enduro to finish would be my vote :)

Hope the hangover is starting to subside Masi! I've found mine get worse the older I get...hahaha

Ill put a poll up in the next thread :)

Haven't got one of these in months. Fun times though. It's worth the suffering :D

I like the track list, as much as I love fantasy tracks, It's good to stick to the real world for this tournament.

Given the suggestions, I would recommend the order went something along the lines of this.

1. Fuji Speedway GT
2. Daytona Road
3. Monza
4. Indianapolis Road
5. Tsukuba Circuit
6. Nurburgring 24h (1.5 hour endurance)
7. Monaco
8. Laguna Seca
9. Circuit De La Sarthe
10. Suzuka Circuit (1.5 hour endurance)

That way, the series starts in Japan and finishes in Japan, with a brief excursion to Japan for the season midpoint.

I've combined the two Nurburgring races into the one track to make room for Tsukuba, although, Tsukuba might be a little small for the number of cars we will have on track.

I would also recommend Monaco is left in, it is a prestigious venue much like some of the others.

There is also a mini endurance race in the midpoint of the season, and to finish the season. Are the mini endurance races worth double points?

Last edited:
The prestige of Monaco in the real world has much more to do with what goes on outside the race than it does in it. The races at Monaco are usually fairly unexciting, in F1 at least.

In game, where there isn't the spectre of death hanging over the drivers it's just a recipe for people getting too cocky and plowing into a wall. With no runoff, a crash usually wrecks the race for most players behind it.

My major issue with Monaco is that it doesn't test driver skill as well as a normal race track. The race is often determined by who was lucky enough not to be hit by another driver. I'm OK with losing to my own mistakes, but it's very annoying to lose to mistakes by another driver who you have no control over.

Hello everyone

I'm very interested in competing in this series.

I don't seem to be able to find any times or dates for anything though, so i'm a bit lost...

Where and when is the next event? and what is the race day/start time?

my info...

PSN: NilsUrban
Class: GT500

I would like to drive the Xanavi Nismo Nissan GTR as i already have one 👍

Did some more free practise tonight.

Managed to get down to a 1:52.550.

I previously thought that was the limit but now I reckon theres probably another 5 tenths at least to extract.

Sigh, searching for the perfect lap is hard. haha.

Updated the tables at the first page.

I don't agree with including Tsukuba at all. It's too small IMO, but it's always welcome for a vote.

Anyway, here is i what i have in mind.

1 Suzuka
2 Fuji
3 Datona Road
4 Laguna Seca
5 Indianapolis Road

Special Event: Nurburgring 24 hours (Time Change 200km mini-enduro)
GT500 and GT300 only class. Double points rewarded.

6 Circuit de la Sarthe (Time Change 200km mini-enduro)
7 Monza
8 Monaco
9 Fuji
10 Suzuka (200km mini-enduro)

From Japan > to the Americas > to Europe > and back to Japan to finish it off.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
The prestige of Monaco in the real world has much more to do with what goes on outside the race than it does in it. The races at Monaco are usually fairly unexciting, in F1 at least.

In game, where there isn't the spectre of death hanging over the drivers it's just a recipe for people getting too cocky and plowing into a wall. With no runoff, a crash usually wrecks the race for most players behind it.

My major issue with Monaco is that it doesn't test driver skill as well as a normal race track. The race is often determined by who was lucky enough not to be hit by another driver. I'm OK with losing to my own mistakes, but it's very annoying to lose to mistakes by another driver who you have no control over.

When we raced at Monaco in preseason there was no contact between drivers. Exept for Existor, who got relegated from the championship after that race. He would have caused crashes on any track.

I agree that it's a race where the winner needs to get a liiittle bit of luck to win, but it still reqiers major skill not to hit the walls but still go fast enough. I think it's fun with a tight and tecnical circuit as a mix fom the other faster ones. As it looks, I guess Masi_23 is pretty sure about that the races are held with damage set to "heavy". So damage will be a huge factor, but still up to the driver. And I really think that if any track demands much of the driver, it's Monaco.

And I also agree that it's a race that has a lot of prestige and history in the real world, making it almost impossible to exclude from the championship.

No one will like all circuits I guess. I have an issue with Daytona, indy and Tzukuba to be honest. The last one, I think it's like a circuit for go-karts.. :)

Updated the tables at the first page.

I don't agree with including Tsukuba at all. It's too small IMO, but it's always welcome for a vote.

Anyway, here is i what i have in mind.

1 Suzuka
2 Fuji
3 Datona Road
4 Laguna Seca
5 Indianapolis Road

Special Event: 9 Nurburgring 24 hours (Time Change 200km mini-enduro)
GT500 and GT300 only class. Double points rewarded.

6 Circuit de la Sarthe (Time Change 200km mini-enduro)
7 Moza
8 Monaco
9 Fuji
10 Suzuka (200km mini-enduro)

From Japan > to the Americas > to Europe > and back to Japan to finish it off.

:gtplanet:

well. I dont like all the tracks, but no one will..So apart from that, I think it looks awsome 👍

Masi, I quite like the idea of Suzuka 300km to finish off, since that's what they run IRL (as opposed to current 200km).

And I think monaco is a huge driver's challenge. Sure people will crash into the walls but with the racing we've had so far I think everyone can keep it clean, just do as you would irl - if you see a crash its a local yellow so no overtaking and reduced speed.

Masi, how will qualification be done? In freerun or sending in replays? Cause when I hosted a race a week ago, all players had different leaderbords on the screen.

Also, I have a few ideas about the bonus points. I think that we should take them away to make the championship a bit more open. Cause as it looks for now, the faster players will take all those extra points, and end the excitment to early. Also, it opens up for driver number 5-7 in div I, to end up in div II on purpose, just to get hold of the bonus points. Making them collect more points in div II than they would in div I..

Through replays. I don't think you raced in Laguna, did you? We did 1 parade lap and had rolling starts. So in total, we ran 31 laps.

I guess i should lower the bonus points to 10 and 5?

No, I did not.. yes, I know that you posted the starting grid here, so I knew that you used the replays as qualification for Laguna Seca. But we did not in Monaco.. But I also think that the best thing is to use the replay as qualification until PD sort these issues out.

Yes, but there is still an option to run in a lower division to collect more points anyway. One way to dela withn it is to make the gap in points bigger between the divitsions, but that will also leave drivers out of the total championship quite early. So I think that the bonuspoints should be excluded, only because I want all drivers to feel like theye have a shot, atleast for a few races.. Maybe I'm way off in my arguments, but it's the way i feel about it.

Now I'm really thinking loud.. How about the driver who gets pole can give a 10 point "penalty" to another driver, and the driver who puts the fastest lap can give a 5 point "penalty" to another driver. In this case, the top drivers probably will give eachother penaltys, making the rast of the drivers still feel that there is possibility to ge in contact with the top... As I said, me thinking loud :)

I disagree about the bonus points being taken out. I think it's a good motivational tool to reach even farther on your skill plateau. It may look unfair, but nothing is fair until you have a taste of it yourself ;)

No, I understand that. But it WILL keep the championship open for a longer period if the bonuses are excluded. That's my only argument for them to be taken out.

Do we want to have an open championship, or a championship where the fastest drivers have ended it before it has started? The fastest drivers are the last ones who need bonuses in my book. The points for winning is enough for a bonus if you ask me. The fastest drivers will still win. Or keep the bonus, but make the difference between points delivered for position less..

EDIT: make the gap between point for positions less

EDIT 2: Make the gap between the divisions so that if the winner in div II gets all the bonuses, he ends up with the same amount of points as the second to last driver in div I..

Last edited:
Regarding qual tires:

I think we should qualify on hard tires as its visible to begin with in the replay.

Runing soft in practice mode vs. running hard online is like driving two different cars. This require two different tunes, at least for me. To cut down on preperation time I think it would be better if we do qual and race on the same tire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back