::::: World Super GT Championship - [Thread 5 Closed] :::::

• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 1,001 comments

Q1: Season Car choice? / Q2: Should we run another Preseason race? **2 votes only!**

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, and another thing popped into my mind Masi.

Why don't you make it a requirement for each competitor to review 1 qualifying super lap.

That would take the workload off you.

I actually did not check all the replays from Laguna. I couldn't do it because of region lock.

Maybe i should make it mandatory :D

We just invited some SuperGT league players from Neogaf in Kamykaze room - you guys should join the party! :-)

More the merrier 👍

By the way, about the poll, i hope people understand that Q2 is about next week, not this week in Nurburgring...

We just invited some SuperGT league players from Neogaf in Kamykaze room - you guys should join the party! :-)

i would come play but im far too tired now gunna get sum rest il play tomorrow if any of you lot are on....

More the merrier 👍

By the way, about the poll, i hope people understand that Q2 is about next week, not this week in Nurburgring...

understood. Let's race nurburgring and one more pre-season race. then take a 2 weeks planning and organizing the real championship.. So I guess a good guess is that we start the season on friday the 4th..

I will be up in the Sierra Nevadas Snowboarding the first week of February :)

Either we start before or after the weekend of the 4th of Feb :D

Ok, I just taught that it would be to close. Everything needs to be organized, driverlists must be final, a.s.o.. Also there might bee som updates to the OP that drivers need to take a look at.

I'm not really sure if we should lock the driverslist. How bout we get at least 30 active drivers per class and then lock it?

I'm not really sure if we should lock the driverslist.

We should get at least 30 active drivers per class and then lock it?

No, I think that every driver have to qualify for each race. So I don't think that the driverlist needs to be "locked". More like we have to have enough drivers to make sure the grid gets full for both divisions. I guess that around 25-30 drivers on the list would be enough.. for each division, making the total amount of drivers to around 50-60..

About switching cars, are we talking about right now (preseason) or for the regular season? I ran the Lexus my first race and didn't like it and ran the Autobacs this past race and liked it better. I'm thinking of running the Subaru this week and making a final decision between the two. I find just running practice laps doesn't cut it for me, I need full race conditions. I'm trying to find what is most comfortable, I'm still very new to online racing, but not the GT series.

I assumed one car for the regular season as switching mid-season makes zero sense.

Tim

No, I think that every driver have to qualify for each race. So I don't think that the driverlist needs to be "locked". More like we have to have enough drivers to make sure the grid gets full for both divisions. I guess that around 25-30 drivers on the list would be enough.. for each division, making the total amount of drivers to around 50-60..

Qualifying each race ensures close racing. It's a bit scary if you think about it... what if all the Division 1 Gold drivers from the GTP_Registry decided to all submit laps? :D That would suck for mere mortals like us...

Anyway, I think i should get rid of the drivers list. It's a pain to update.

Who ever is on the Driver's Table (Standings) will be in as an "Active Driver"

I will lock it once we get enough people per class :)

About switching cars, are we talking about right now (preseason) or for the regular season? I ran the Lexus my first race and didn't like it and ran the Autobacs this past race and liked it better. I'm thinking of running the Subaru this week and making a final decision between the two. I find just running practice laps doesn't cut it for me, I need full race conditions. I'm trying to find what is most comfortable, I'm still very new to online racing, but not the GT series.

I assumed one car for the regular season as switching mid-season makes zero sense.

Tim

Voting is for the actual Championship :) I raced in GT500 back in week 1.

Say helo to southern spain from me... been there a lot.. about 10 times I guess.. :D

Qualifying each race ensures close racing. It's a bit scary if you think about it... what if all the Division 1 Gold drivers from the GTP_Registry decided to all submit laps? :D That would suck for mere mortals like us..

If the Gold drivers from GTP_Registry signed up for the Championship I'd put as many hours as needed to keep my "div 1 status" :D

And I will succeed... :scared:

What times are gt500's doing?

I had a couple of laps a while ago and got 1.58.1 on hard tyres.
Have not went around on softs yet.

On soft practise mode I did a 1:53.1xx just now.

I think it's possible for me to do a 1.52.7 or 8 with my setup and the Takata NSX. You can probably manage quicker though!

Proposal for race after Nurburgring GP, Suzuka Rain or La Sarthe at Night?

I't would be epic to try out some night racing :) And really get the dramatic feeling, when you see the flashing lights from the GT500's from behind :sly:

La sarthe at night is about as good as GT5 gets in my book.. And with the great and clean drivers we got in this championship, it will be nothing short of epic!

La Sarthe at Night: 4
Suzuka with Rain: 0

Mini Enduro for La Sarthe? 1 hour? 1 1/2 hour? 2 hours?

will PD integrate weather and time changes to some of the other tracks in future updates? Just if somebody should have a feeling 💡

Masi!

Qualifying Specifics
Track: Nurburgring GP/F
Rules: Refer to Post 2 (Click Here!)
Deadline: January 20 Thursday 06.00 pm PST / 02.00 am GMT / 03.00 pm CET

the red text should be changed to AM in the 1. post :)

Preseason Week 5 (Final Preseason race) - Let's Vote!

Track
La Sarthe at Night: 6
Suzuka with Rain: 0

Duration
45 minutes: 0
1 hour: 1
1.5 hours: 4
2 hours: 0

Last edited:
I think you'll find one hour is plenty. The last Spec Miata race was 1:20 and most people were pretty shattered after that. 60 mins of solid concentration and tense muscles is enough for most people.

I'm in for the longer races man, to me it makes it much more fun.
And Sarthe at night would be awesome!

Im thinking of putting an Enduro as a Finale for the Championship at Suzuka.

So first race; Suzuka 100km and Finale; Suzuka 200 or 300km (Regular distance for a Super GT Race IRL)

La Sarthe Night:

1.5 hours.

Is that going to be the first race of the season?

Do you have track list? for the season, or is it a secret?

La Sarthe
1,5 hours

First championship race at Suzuka or Fuji.. Fuji feels a little more as a first race..

PaggyDaggy: My feeling about adding weather/time as DLC is: NO

La Sarthe Night:

1.5 hours.

Is that going to be the first race of the season?

Do you have track list? for the season, or is it a secret?

There is a track list on the first page, post 3. Schedule is not final. Ill put up a poll next week, but to stay true to the real life Super GT, we will start and end the season with either Suzuka or Fuji.

Although im thinking we should run Suzuka twice (take Monaco out if people hate it so much :)). First and last. Fuji will be in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back