::::: World Super GT Championship - [Thread 5 Closed] :::::

• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 1,001 comments

Q1: Season Car choice? / Q2: Should we run another Preseason race? **2 votes only!**

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oops, thanks for noticing my mistakes. Feel like I'm spamming the thread with tables now, but I will make up for it later with a few race pics :)

Div 1:
LagunaSeca-Div1.jpg

Div 2:
LagunaSeca-Div2.jpg

No worries m8, it was for fun anyway :)

Yea it was fun. Though i failed in the pit 2 times. First i had to repair, didn't notice i had suddenly put hard tires on, then i pitted again - was to fast on the controller and only managed to get soft tires on the back :yuck: haha!

GT500

zxcvnbme.jpg

Includes Bonus Points for Pole and Fastest Lap

Edit: Crap, how did i miss Monoha? actually i missed the whole D2 guys... lol

Update - Fixed:

GT500Table.jpg

Last edited:
Well actually some camber might help the grip around the long corners (thinking of the long hairpin and the other sweepers). So I wouldnt put that to 0 right away.

It depends on what your car is doing really.

I'd say on soft tyres you have a lot of grip so you want the car to be pointy as you're less concerned with oversteer.

So I would soften up the front end a little bit, perhaps make it toe-out slightly. Keep the rear as it is, then see how the car feels. It should have nice initial response to turn in. Then if it's oversteering too much on the power you can either put up the acceleration sensitivity on the LSD, or soften up the rear a bit.

The dampers are the ones to tune for corner entry / exit, as this involves weight shifting.

Just make one change at a time, do a few laps and try to be consistent, rather than balls out, then you can see how the setup changes the lap time.

I never understood damper tuning, it seems like a black art to me. I mean, I understand what they're supposed to be doing, I just don't know how to tell when I should be fiddling with them and when I should be changing something else.

Well, from reading around on the internets and also Scaff's excellent GT4 tuning guide:

Damping is quite a personal thing to set, but also it makes the most difference when you are first turning into a corner and when you get on the power out of the corner.

I'm quite new to the whole tuning thing so I haven't really observed it's effects in the game (I didn't really fiddle with the dampers for Laguna Seca), but I think for the Nurb I will have a play as I have a bit more time to set it up and see how it goes.

Well, from reading around on the internets and also Scaff's excellent GT4 tuning guide:

Damping is quite a personal thing to set, but also it makes the most difference when you are first turning into a corner and when you get on the power out of the corner.

I'm quite new to the whole tuning thing so I haven't really observed it's effects in the game (I didn't really fiddle with the dampers for Laguna Seca), but I think for the Nurb I will have a play as I have a bit more time to set it up and see how it goes.

I'll have a play then and see what happens. I'm having a great time with the Subaru at the moment. I'm down to 1:59.7xx with minimal tuning (downforce+ride height). It's a lovely little car, heaps of fun to drive.

Wow looks great masi.

On the poll side:
We should stick to same car. As i saw be4 in earlier post, some cars are better than others on different tracks.

Plus do another preseason test race just to iron out problems. e.g. the starts was a bit of a mess (ppl getting damage lol)

How about Constructors?

Meaning if you drove an ARTA NSX last week, you can use a RAYBRIG the next, just in case four others that already qualified had ARTAs?

They're the same... unless paint jobs add horse power :D Or am i missing something here?

How about Constructors?

Meaning if you drove an ARTA NSX last week, you can use a RAYBRIG the next, just in case four others that already qualified had ARTAs?

They're the same... unless paint jobs add horse power :D Or am i missing something here?

i supose that could be allowed as its only paint unless its super areo dynamic paint lol
but inst it nice just to use same car plus you will get to know whos in whos with a bit of added rivalry if you see what i mean.

A quick bash for 30 minutes in practice mode to learn the circuit and do some initial setup resulted in 1:53.501, although I did use the tarmac runoff at turn 4 so it's probably an illegal lap.

The Nurb is so much bumpier than Laguna Seca, I'm surprised to say.

i would if my girlfriends parents ever leave my flat lol its nearly 11:30pm GMT and they r still here lol

Eurgh, managed a 1:59.594 in the Lexus GT300 just now, there is absolutely no way I can get anywhere near a 1:58.xxx, maybe 1:59.3xx but that's it. I've completely dialled out the understeer that the Lexus really, really suffers from (Hi fast laptimes at Laguna Seca :P), but even so I'm apparently a second slower than Senninha, wtf :s

Also, can we have some guideance as to what is allowed and what isn't allowed at certain corners? There is a lot of kerb in some areas, and a lot of run off area. For example the exit of Turn 4, a lot of racing uses the runoff on the left side, can we too? (And if so how much?) Also the chicane at the end of the lap obviously, how much kerb is too much?

Eurgh, managed a 1:59.594 in the Lexus GT300 just now, there is absolutely no way I can get anywhere near a 1:58.xxx, maybe 1:59.3xx but that's it. I've completely dialled out the understeer that the Lexus really, really suffers from (Hi fast laptimes at Laguna Seca :P), but even so I'm apparently a second slower than Senninha, wtf :s

Also, can we have some guideance as to what is allowed and what isn't allowed at certain corners? There is a lot of kerb in some areas, and a lot of run off area. For example the exit of Turn 4, a lot of racing uses the runoff on the left side, can we too? (And if so how much?) Also the chicane at the end of the lap obviously, how much kerb is too much?

Care to share a setup?? :dopey:

800px-N%C3%BCrburgring_-_Grand-Prix_Stecke.svg.png

Turn 4 Exit: Must have 2 wheels inside the white-line off the exit of Turn 4.

Chicane: Standard 2 wheels on curb rule... it's up to you if you wanna go over those things, they're too high, not sure but i think it upsets the car enough where you lose speed.

How about Constructors?

I voted no for the sake of people not switching between the Z and the GTR. If we're just allowing people to switch liveries then I reckon sure, keep the field looking colourful. I wish there were more liveries for the GT300s.

During the race, what's the procedure if someone cuts the chicane? I don't want to stir up trouble, but it's pretty much guaranteed to happen at least once, even just by accident.

I voted no for the sake of people not switching between the Z and the GTR. If we're just allowing people to switch liveries then I reckon sure, keep the field looking colourful. I wish there were more liveries for the GT300s.

During the race, what's the procedure if someone cuts the chicane? I don't want to stir up trouble, but it's pretty much guaranteed to happen at least once, even just by accident.

I'll work out a penalty system soon.

I'll work out a penalty system soon.

We could just copy from the F1 rulebook and give a +25 second penalty if someone deliberately cuts the chicane and gains an advantage from it (and then doesn't relinquish the advantage).

What will be hard to police during the race is the tarmac runoff, especially at Turn 4. In all real life race series I think they just let people use it, since everyone will go wide at least once there over the course of the race.

What times are gt500's doing?

I had a couple of laps a while ago and got 1.58.1 on hard tyres.
Have not went around on softs yet.

We could just copy from the F1 rulebook and give a +25 second penalty if someone deliberately cuts the chicane and gains an advantage from it (and then doesn't relinquish the advantage).

What will be hard to police during the race is the tarmac runoff, especially at Turn 4. In all real life race series I think they just let people use it, since everyone will go wide at least once there over the course of the race.

There is a curb before the white line. Standard curb rule applies, but i guess we can leave the white lines as part of the track.

There is a curb before the white line. Standard curb rule applies, but i guess we can leave the white lines as part of the track.

Fair enough,

Oh, and another thing popped into my mind Masi.

Why don't you make it a requirement for each competitor to review 1 qualifying super lap.

That would take the workload off you.

I think as long as people make a reasonable effort to not run wide it's not a problem. As you say, we're all going to do it at least once. If someone's abusing it to get a faster exit than they should lap after lap, that can be reviewed after the race if someone cares to complain about it I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back