::::: World Super GT Championship - [Thread 5 Closed] :::::

• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 1,001 comments

Q1: Season Car choice? / Q2: Should we run another Preseason race? **2 votes only!**

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice lap, but you didn't prove which tyres you used. Surely that can't be allowed because if it is then you'll only get other people doing it aswell. đź‘Ž

Would have helped aswell if you had it in chase cam. đź‘Ť

It is in "Chase" cam in the top right - did you watch the replay?

Also, I tried downloading your replay, but the .zip is not valid for some reason....
Surely that cant be allowed... Has anyone had success opening Aderrrms replay?

And I also agree with the concept of doing online qualification; it was done recently in R1600Turbos Spec Miata series and worked really well. (they did 2 cars on the track with 3 laps to try for a time)

Last edited:

Also, I tried downloading your replay, but the .zip is not valid for some reason....

And I also agree with the concept of doing online qualification; it was done recently in R1600Turbos Spec Miata series and worked really well. (they did 2 cars on the track with 3 laps to try for a time)

And as for my tires - Softs were used (evident in replay if it was watched), only because it was not clear what tires to use for the qualification.

I specifically checked the regulations in post 2 before trying for my qual time to make sure i was within regulations set by Masi - it only showed Hards for the race in the post, but it was not entirely clear of regulations for qualification.

Masi, maybe you could put a brief summary of settings to use during qualys to avoid discrepencies / misunderstandings? (in the event that we do not do online qualifications where such things can be regulated)

Please dock me whatever the penalty is for using softs.
As well, I would like a video of Aderrrms replay to be posted for validation, and if not, the same penalty imposed. (Not saying you didnt use Hards Aderrrm, but in order to be fair to everyone since your zip file doesnt even seem to be valid on my generic Windows computer..)

I broke high 02's with very aggressive suspensions (very low, very hard).

Max grip, loose, very high tire wear :D

Edit: actually, thats a contradiction... I had max downforce so that gave me some grip. Although i think that was hurting my top speed down the long straights.

Thx Masi for the suspension tip. I was earlier sure that the Rigidity Improvement were used by some guys here, because of their corner speeds, but it seems to be possible with a stiff car. Now with that ultrastiff setup and using the "legal chicane-cut" dropped my time to 2´03.023, which would have actually been enough to drop U one position, and lifted me to 1 Div.:) Have now to test 20 laps online to see the tire wear.

By the way, You said in the post that You were brakin high 02´s with the stiff setup, but You uploaded a 2´03 time...:)

I'm putting a private room up for practice and small races, feel free to join

i recenlty bought a lamborgini nomad which used to race in jgtc:D it will be nice if we add european cars in gt500 or gt 300 if there are any

Good luck guys!!!
Wont make it this time eather since i still dont have the ps3 . my brother doesnt care what i ask him so thats whats making me loose so many points

I didn't have time to qualify this week.
Just wondering about the Div2 gt300's free spots on grid.
I have time to race tonight so....
Can i join that to make numbers up?
If there is no one else waiting of course :)

If not.. no problems.

Please dock me whatever the penalty is for using softs.
As well, I would like a video of Aderrrms replay to be posted for validation, and if not, the same penalty imposed. (Not saying you didnt use Hards Aderrrm, but in order to be fair to everyone since your zip file doesnt even seem to be valid on my generic Windows computer..)

i watched his lap and i called it clean, i think i deleted it but i remeber checking all players tyres as i caught someone useing sotfs.

Also Masi put me down to be a STEWARDS/SAFTY CAR (if theres still space)

however i cannot host lobbys for big races as my net wont cope with it (sorry)

Also does any1 need their lap to be checked if so please post you name and what page it is on and i will happly download and check it...

Masi FWIW I did a test on my PS3's browser at Speedtest.net

PS3 Browser:
12.15 Mb/s Down
2.5 Mb/s Up

Speed from PS3 Internet test:
12.0 Mb/s Down
2.1 Mb/s Up

Speed from PC:

18.3 Mb/s Down
2.6 Mb/s Up

I do have the option of more upload via upgrading if needed. . I would do so and commit to being on the list of people that will host.

Last edited:
i have (and dont laugh, i live in a tiny little village in the middle of no where)

Both tested are wireless

PC Test
Download
6.89 Mb/s
Upload
0.38 Mb/s

PS3 Test
Download
5.2 Mb/s
Upload
172.1 Kb/s (yes it sucks lol)

so yes as you can see i should no way host lol

Last edited:
Only thing that would make the PS3 slower would be connection you use....if you are on wireless system those are limits relative to type.

I know my wireless G is capped at 12 M/bs down load

From the speeds, I doubt you will see any diff from PS3 to PC...you have any options for upload speed upgrades? I dont know for sure, but I think if you could get close to the 2 Mb/s you would be doing perfect. . . however I am no expert on what it takes bandwidth to run games. I just know I wont leave cable cause I seemed to always host COD games and well DL's are flying fast. We can use the net on several devices and not notice any lag as well.

Note: Race night only thing taxing my connection will be one PS3.

About the rules:

I'd say that to make it easy and fair. Cut all possibilitys for gray areas.
If someone brakes a rule, a penalty is given. No warnings! It actually gives driver the opportunity to brake the rules and gain on it, and still don't recieve a penalty.

If a driver brakes a rule -> Penalty will be aplyed. In this case, there will be no room for discutions. A standard penalty of 15 seconds added to rhe total time is a good level. The penalty can be bigger or smaller, but a panalty will be aplyed in either way. A major violation could give up to 30 seconds penalty and a small violation could come down to a 5 sec penalty. This will be up to the stewards to decide.

Couldnt have deleted it as its only been on youtube :P

erm no i downloaded aderrm lap (which it posted an attatched file) uploaded it and watched. then on page 33 or 34 cant remeber i posted a few drivers times that were clean... then i prob deleted the replays on my ps3.

Oh yeah, I wouldn't mind being the pace/safety car in D2, and host aswell. And that way, if there will be room in the GT500, ill just pop in and join :-)

By the way, the video in post 1 is very annoying, it somehow starts on it own everytime I go to that page.

nethereal, I looked at your video. Clean lap btw but definitely using 720 hd you can see where you indicated the tires you was on in the upper right pop out.

QT5Azz.jpg

QT3Bzz.jpg

1 more spot in D2 GT300 available. Any takers from D1 GT500 waiting list?

Also, i missed one driver from D1 GT500. He is in D2 Position 14. Dregato is now bumped down into the waiting list.

If I'm not able to race in GT500, then I will race in GT300 from the back if possible, just keep me informed.

Chase cam - the camera that chases the car? đź’ˇ

Oh it's my fault now. At least 3 people have been able to view my replay (granted 2 said it was dirty, which it wasn't) so don't moan at me. Do you have winrar?

And as for my tires - Softs were used (evident in replay if it was watched), only because it was not clear what tires to use for the qualification.

An easy mistake to make I agree. Where in the replay does it say you used softs though?

Please dock me whatever the penalty is for using softs. As well, I would like a video of Aderrrms replay to be posted for validation, and if not, the same penalty imposed.

I don't think you realise I have done nothing wrong. Why are you turning it round on me? Taking it out on someone just because you used the wrong tyres? You're getting a penalty for using the wrong tyres. What the hell can I get a penalty for? My replay has been confirmed clean, yours did not. Sorry to enlighten you there. :indiff:

(Not saying you didnt use Hards Aderrrm, but in order to be fair to everyone since your zip file doesnt even seem to be valid on my generic Windows computer..)

You need winrar. If you have winrar then that's just unfortunate you can't view my replay. My lap is clean. 2 or more people have confirmed this. What else do you want? Everyone in the series to view my replay? For practicality reasons you trust the judgement of other people. Sorry about that. đź‘Ž

Chase cam - the camera that chases the car? đź’ˇ

Oh it's my fault now. At least 3 people have been able to view my replay (granted 2 said it was dirty, which it wasn't) so don't moan at me. Do you have winrar?

An easy mistake to make I agree. Where in the replay does it say you used softs though?

I don't think you realise I have done nothing wrong. Why are you turning it round on me? Taking it out on someone just because you used the wrong tyres? You're getting a penalty for using the wrong tyres. What the hell can I get a penalty for? My replay has been confirmed clean, yours did not. Sorry to enlighten you there. :indiff:

You need winrar. If you have winrar then that's just unfortunate you can't view my replay. My lap is clean. 2 or more people have confirmed this. What else do you want? Everyone in the series to view my replay? For practicality reasons you trust the judgement of other people. Sorry about that. đź‘Ž

take it to private message
đź‘Ť

Masi,

I have to go on a last minute road trip this evening, and wont be back until after the race - so please remove me from this weeks event

sorry to all, was looking forward to it!

See you all on Sarthe next week!

I didn't have an aggresive setup though when I did my Qualifying lap.

what did you run for your setp?

i couldnt get my nsx to rotate enough in sector 1 to make good time in the tight corners, but my sectors 2 and 3 were quick

my front end would wash out with understeer

Thx Masi for the suspension tip. I was earlier sure that the Rigidity Improvement were used by some guys here, because of their corner speeds, but it seems to be possible with a stiff car. Now with that ultrastiff setup and using the "legal chicane-cut" dropped my time to 2´03.023, which would have actually been enough to drop U one position, and lifted me to 1 Div.:) Have now to test 20 laps online to see the tire wear.

By the way, You said in the post that You were brakin high 02´s with the stiff setup, but You uploaded a 2´03 time...:)

I was using the Subaru. I went with the RX7 the last minute - it felt better although not fully broken in. I ran 2'03.081 on lap 1, cold tires :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back