::::: World Super GT Championship - [Thread 5 Closed] :::::

• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 1,001 comments

Q1: Season Car choice? / Q2: Should we run another Preseason race? **2 votes only!**

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait for tomorrow! Hope we get more cars for GT300 D2.

What did you guys in the Subaru's do to get those better times? I'm running a pretty low ride height and medium suspension...

Can't wait for tomorrow! Hope we get more cars for GT300 D2.

What did you guys in the Subaru's do to get those better times? I'm running a pretty low ride height and medium suspension...

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=163817&highlight=cusco

I used one of the tunes from there, I forget which one. I fiddled around with the settings myself for a few days, but I think I was just making it worse. It was easier just to use someone else's tune and work on improving my driving. I *really* don't understand tuning still.

Edit: Your lap looks clean to me Masi. I can't see your tyres on there anywhere, but the cornering speeds are about right for the hards.

Last edited:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=163817&highlight=cusco

I used one of the tunes from there, I forget which one. I fiddled around with the settings myself for a few days, but I think I was just making it worse. It was easier just to use someone else's tune and work on improving my driving. I *really* don't understand tuning still.

I broke high 02's with very aggressive suspensions (very low, very hard).

Max grip, loose, very high tire wear :D

Edit: actually, thats a contradiction... I had max downforce so that gave me some grip. Although i think that was hurting my top speed down the long straights.

Last edited:
I broke high 02's with very aggressive suspensions (very low, very hard).

Max grip, loose, very high tire wear :D

Edit: actually, thats a contradiction... I had max downforce so that gave me some grip. Although i think that was hurting my top speed.

I find downforce to have very little effect on top speed. Much less than you'd think it would. Like, about 5kmph at the end of the Fuji straight between maximum and minimum downforce.

The only time I don't run full downforce is when it's actively upsetting the balance of the car. With the drag aspect of it being so small, there's no real reason not to run full downforce.

I could be wrong, but that's my current feeling on the matter.

Edit @ imari - come to think of it, theres a lot of RX7s already. Maybe ill change on raceday :D

I cant improve anymore :D Have to go to work so i guess ill submit.

Literally had 6 laps in this car (yes, that's my excuse! :D)

GTP_Masicampo
Amemiya RX7
2'03.081

Just inside D1 i hope.

Just quoting my sub. Youtube finisehd uploading.

On Lap 1 cold tires :dopey: looking at it again, i was no where near the limit. I think a second or more is possible. Almost lost it exiting the chicane :)

Bumped to next page

Just quoting my sub. Youtube finisehd uploading.

On Lap 1 cold tires :dopey: looking at it again, i was no where near the limit. I think a second or more is possible. Almost lost it exiting the chicane :)

Bumped to next page

Reviewed. Looks clean to me.

Edit: Pending more information, I'm going to call Nethereal's lap dirty. It's hard to tell, but looking at the inset video at 0.23 it looks like he's on racing softs. That would agree with the cornering speeds, which seem to be quite a bit higher than I would expect. I'd recommend someone else have a look at this at least.

Last edited:
Tak 👍

Typo on the GT500 table
Boltz - clean
faqoldschool - pending

GT300
Senninha - still no replay

Tried that tune and ran a low 2:06 first lap using my braking points from the old tune, that setup is so much better than what I was using. My toe and camber were WAY WAY off.

Host for Div 2.

I am not sure what kinda of speeds needed, but I am willing to host if I got enough speed.

GTP_monoha volunteered for D2. But you guys could run tests and see who has a faster connection. He had some issues last week and 3 cars were dropped.

ADVICE: Before starting the race, tell everyone to go back in the pits, or stay in the pits. This will allow for a faster load time and lower risk of people dropping out (frozen black screen) before the start.

UPDATE: Race Briefing on Post 1.

here is my lap
totaly messed up in the last corner lost about 3 thents

PSN: GTP_Senninha
Car: Autobacs Arta Garayia
Class: GT300
Lap Time: 2.01.714

what about now i know i over deadline but i hope it is ok

Any PAL drivers available to check Senninha's replay?

Click this: Replay File

What an incredible tight grid in GT500. Less than 0.15 sec between #3 and #7 spot. Bad luck for Vagabone who just missed a Div 1 spot. If he only been 0.2 sec faster, he would be third on the grid in Div 1.

If it wasn't for Sigma's magic, I would say we really had pushed it to the limit in qualifying.

GT500 Division 2 looks pretty close as well.

GT300 D1 should be close too, basing on the regulars pace last week. Qualy times are not very indicative of driver skill imo. At least for this week. No offense to the new guys.

Are we going to have penalties in the race for going outside of the track. I think this should be clarified before the race. I see primarely two areas of the track where a consistent cutting will be beneficial.

1, Exit of turn 4. By taking a wider line you can get earlier on the throttle.

2, Chicane, especially the second part. Its garded by removabel blocks. When they are there, you probably don't cut if you go outside of these blocks. But I think its a high probability that the will be hit and removed which open the door for some serious cutting.

Potentially you can also gain by going off-track on the straight between turn 2 and three, but I'm less sure about it. I do it in one lap out of ten as I'm driving now.

There are also the incidents when going wide or off when you clearly just lose time, one second or much more.

If penalties, I think we neeed to clarify following questions. are we going to penalize:
- One-off violations or only consistant cutting.
- Rule states two wheels on the track. Does it mean the whole wheel or only part of the wheel touching the track.
- Is the white line part of the track.

If penalties, how much and if so, penalty for each incident?

I expect it to be quite some discussion and opinions on this. In the end, I think Masi shold make a statement and then we need to stick with it. If penalties, we should not feel bad if someone claim a penalty for another driver. Following the rules whatever they are only makes for fairer racing for everybody and more fun in the end.

Last edited:
I doubt everyone from D2 will show up :) just basing on previous races... and the whole general online boards for that matter...

I don't see a replay file.

Edit: What is your car?

So i gotta stay up till 11pm at night to 'maybe' race?👎

i thought it would work in a way were all racers 'committed' to the full season would be on the starting grid??

So i gotta stay up till 11pm at night to 'maybe' race?👎

i thought it would work in a way were all racers 'committed' to the full season would be on the starting grid??

It's your choice if you want to wait.

No. The fastest drivers will be on the starting grid. Just because you are committed, doesn't mean you are guaranteed to race every week. You race your way in.

Hopefully, we will have a pool of at least 25-30 committed drivers for each class. By then, i will close the registrations.

Are we going to have penalties in the race for going outside of the track. I think this should be clarified before the race. I see primarely two areas of the track where a consistent cutting will be beneficial.

2, Chicane, especially the second part. Its garded by removabel blocks. When they are there, you probably don't cut if you go outside of these blocks. But I think its a high probability that the will be hit and removed which open the door for some serious cutting.

Potentially you can also gain by going off-track on the straight between turn 2 and three, but I'm less sure about it. I do it in one lap out of ten as I'm driving now.

There are also the incidents when going wide or off when you clearly just lose time, one second or much more.

If penalties, I think we neeed to clarify following questions. are we going to penalize:
- Rule states two wheels on the track. Does it mean the whole wheel or only part of the wheel touching the track.

I expect it to be quite some discussion and opinions on this. In the end, I think Masi shold make a statement and then we need to stick with it. If penalties, we should not feel bad if someone claim a penalty for another driver. Following the rules whatever they are only makes for fairer racing for everybody and more fun in the end.

****!!!

I had a long reply ready and i forgot to save it... lol

Last edited:
It's your choice if you want to wait.

No. The fastest drivers will be on the starting grid. Just because you are committed, doesn't mean you are guaranteed to race every week. You race your way in.

Hopefully, we will have a pool of at least 25-30 committed drivers for each class. By then, i will close the registrations.

Ok so when is the final qualifier for the whole season?

There is no qualifier for the whole season.

You qualify every week.

We won't be using the Replay System after this week's race. We will do live qualifying sessions online.

There is no qualifier for the whole season.

You qualify every week.

We won't be using the Replay System after this week's race. We will do live qualifying sessions online.

ok so forgive me here, i'm just trying to understand this, bear with me.

we will do qualifying for every track throughout the season and 'anyone' can qualify at any stage during the season? so the starting grid in the 9th race might have drivers that were never involved in the 1st 8 races?

and if new faster drivers start showing interest in the season by the 9th race, then drivers that were involved for 8 previous races might not get a chance to race in the season again?

ok so forgive me here, i'm just trying to understand this, bear with me.

we will do qualifying for every track throughout the season and 'anyone' can qualify at any stage during the season? so the starting grid in the 9th race might have drivers that were never involved in the 1st 8 races?

and if new faster drivers start showing interest in the season by the 9th race, then drivers that were involved for 8 previous races might not get a chance to race in the season again?

As i mentioned, once we get a pool of 25-30 drivers from each class, registration will be closed.

Only drivers from that pool (50-60 in total) will have the privilege to qualify.

As i mentioned, once we get a pool of 25-30 drivers from each class, registration will be closed.

Only drivers from that pool (50-60 in total) will have the privilege to qualify.

ok cool, i understand now

#EDIT: @Masi put me down for division 2 GT300#

i'll race with the Autobacs asl car. its too late for a qualifier submission so could i start at the back?

let me know if this is okay?

Last edited:

We should keep things as simple as possible, but here's what i have in mind:

You must show clear intent to avoid going over the curb and outside the white line. As stated before, 2 tires on or inside the curb/white line at all times. Same goes to the chicane. Otherwise, if you lose control of your car, or if you are forced into a situation where traffic leaves you no choice but to go off-track, then it is tolerable. If you gain a spot in the process, you must relinquish it or you will be penalized.

3 strike system:

Going off-track and 'gained timed' in the process (voluntary/involuntary and avoidable)

1st offense: Warning
2nd offense: +25 seconds to official time
3rd offense: +1 lap and -3 grid spots for next week's qualifying

Failure to relinquish gained spot by going off-track: +25 seconds to official time

Showing absolute clear intent to go off track to gain time/spots: +25 seconds to official time

Everyone should keep a sharp eye and report any discrepancies. This way, the stewards will have a much easier time to do their job. Also, everyone's responsibility to read over the rules and regulation - so don't cry foul if you think you are being singled out :)

Lastly, the degree of the penalties that are going to be imposed are tentative and will be discussed and decided confidentially by the Stewards :)

I'm sure i missed some points, so feel free to discuss any holes in my logic.

1, Exit of turn 4. By taking a wider line you can get earlier on the throttle.....

I just watched the whole GT1WorldChampionship race on Nürburgring from 2010. They all getting on the outside of the white line in turn 4 like all the time.

That might not mean that we shouldn't be trying as hard as possible to stay on the inside, but being penalised to get on the outside in race is a little too strict.
When under pressure, it can be hard to keep it on the inside in that corner. It isn't always easy imo 👍

QT5Azz.jpg

QT3Bzz.jpg

1 more spot in D2 GT300 available. Any takers from D1 GT500 waiting list?

Also, i missed one driver from D1 GT500. He is in D2 Position 14. Dregato is now bumped down into the waiting list.

Regarding rules and penalties:

This is something that can put people off and how the rules translates into practice is not clear so here is what I propose. Masi as the master of the event of course has the final say.

For this coming event, we should only give pentalties for the very obvious and repetitive, but use it as a learning session.

Everyone should save a copy of their race. Its fun to look at. Bring up examples you see for discussion on this forum (this driver, lap, turn, incident). As I stated, I think we should not give penalties (other than stated above) this time but it might be excellent examples that will not be OK when the real season starts. Given that very few penalties will be given this time it will hopefully lower the barrier for people to take up examples for discussion. You might even raise your own incents, is what I did OK or not.

This way we hopefull get good examples what will not be OK in the future and people get a better feeling for how the rules work on "reality".

Er, Neth, which tyres did you use?

Pirelli P-Zeros :P
Same as you Imari
Watched your vid of qualy, we have very similar speeds (except on corners where you totally missed cutting into the apex), in fact, you have a couple corners where you go through faster than me
And i'm not so sure about your chicane sequence... But that's not for me to decide or regulate. (Are you a marshal?)
And how come you're not in the list of GT300 drivers? diff PSN name?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back