::::: World Super GT Championship - [Thread 5 Closed] :::::

• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 1,001 comments

Q1: Season Car choice? / Q2: Should we run another Preseason race? **2 votes only!**

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tested yesterday, but on Deep Forest ->

5:Lexus Tom´s P (oil c.+stage 2 Turbo, 525hp)....1´07.995 +0.509
6:Lexus Tom´s P (Stock, oil c. 490hp)................1´08.880 +1.394

Was the Lexus fully broken in at 525 with Stage 2 Turbo?

Never said it was allowed. I'm just wondering maybe if we put a turbo on it, it can keep pace with the other cars.

The Castrol Supra is JGTC. Although it can be considered if everyone agrees. I think it's a bit off pace than the Super GT's though. Much like the Lexus.

The full review on page 22 about the car differences..from yesterday.:)

The full review on page 22 about the car differences..from yesterday.:)

Ok great.

Hmmmmmm.........

Need another driver to test it so we can second the motion and we shall approve the Stage 2 Turbo on the Lexus 👍

Anyone up for the task?

But I still have 2 wheels on the track, technically.

You have similar times with Paginas. Since you missed last week's race, he will be ahead of you.

I guess I could test the turbo if you want? My Lexus seems to be broken in, and I've got credits handy.

SyncX's lap does appear to be off the track at turn 4. Perhaps we can let this slide as it is preseason, and use it as an example of what a dirty lap would be during the season. During the season, I think there should be no tolerance for a dirty lap, but I would personally let this one slide for this event.

Keen to hear what others think?

It's a dirty lap.

Not to be a dick, but I reckon if you mess up you mess up. Preseason or normal. The penalty is there, it's clear. It's clearly outside the track, and special care was taken to mention this point of the track as a dangerous one. It sucks to be giving people penalties, but that's what they're there for.

If we're penalising Bombe for having the wrong tyres, then we need to penalise this too. If you start bringing judgement into whether it gained him time or whatever it gets awfully messy. There's a line, he's on the wrong side of it.

Nothing against you personally Sincx, I'm sure it wasn't intentional.

It's a dirty lap.

Not to be a dick, but I reckon if you mess up you mess up. Preseason or normal. The penalty is there, it's clear. It's clearly outside the track, and special care was taken to mention this point of the track as a dangerous one. It sucks to be giving people penalties, but that's what they're there for.

If we're penalising Bombe for having the wrong tyres, then we need to penalise this too. If you start bringing judgement into whether it gained him time or whatever it gets awfully messy. There's a line, he's on the wrong side of it.

Nothing against you personally Sincx, I'm sure it wasn't intentional.

Yes, my thoughts exactly.

By the way, i don't see any Lexus on the GT500 board (edit: actually, only one :))

Has anyone tested the Stage 2 Turbo? It adds about 25 hp i think. I'm wondering how much it adds to the Lexus SC430's pace. Can anyone test? My lexus has 0 miles on it so i can't really gauge it with my GTR or NSX.

I have just run run my Denso Lexus 536hp with stage 2 turbo. :odd: I think it is fully run in.

I ran a 1.55.4 which is 0.4 off the pace of my GT-R. If I had spent time to hook the lap up like I had with the GT-R I can see a 1.55.0, which is exactly the same as my GT-R.

So they are very well balanced, at least at this track. 👍

That said, I have submitted my GT-R lap, so it is too late to race in the Denso now. Worth knowing for future though.

I have just run run my Denso Lexus 536hp with stage 2 turbo. :odd: I think it is fully run in.

I ran a 1.55.4 which is 0.4 off the pace of my GT-R. If I had spent time to hook the lap up like I had with the GT-R I can see a 1.55.0, which is exactly the same as my GT-R.

So they are very well balanced, at least at this track. 👍

I guess that warrants an approval 👍 Atleast for next week's race.

By the by, the Woodone Advan GTR is on the list too... if anyone's wondering. Too much red GTR's out there :D

The trouble is with whether syncx unintentionally gained time from what happened is open to interpretation, from someone who just does racing games and those who race in real life.
It is a difficult subject to discuss as it isn't black and white.

The trouble is with whether syncx unintentionally gained time from what happened is open to interpretation, from someone who just does racing games and those who race in real life.
It is a difficult subject to discuss as it isn't black and white.

You can't really do it on whether time is assumed to be gained or not, its too much of a grey area to have solid rules built around it. For the sake of consistency, its either clean or its dirty.

In this instance, it is dirty albeit not by a large amount and little advantage gained. It still has to be considered dirty though otherwise every dirty lap would require the same benefit of doubt given.

It seems people want a penalty despite this being pre-season (although I am personally happy to let it slide), so I guess it means a 5 second penalty, which is fair enough really (its easy for me to say when it doesn't affect my grid place afterall :guilty:).

Masi the Lexus Sc430 with fully broken-in have 508hp, and with Stage 2 Turbo 543hp. 👍

Wow. :eek:

Will have to get it fully broken in and try it a on a few tracks and see how it compares. I will post my results once I have them, it probably won't be tonight though.

Last edited:
You can't really do it on whether time is assumed to be gained or not, its too much of a grey area to have solid rules built around it. For the sake of consistency, its either clean or its dirty.

In this instance, it is dirty albeit not by a large amount and little advantage gained. It still has to be considered dirty though otherwise every dirty lap would require the same benefit of doubt given.

It seems people want a penalty despite this being pre-season (although I am personally happy to let it slide), so I guess it means a 5 second penalty, which is fair enough really.

I didn't mean it to come out like that, but what you say is true.
I have been told off in real life for going 4 wheels off the track, unintentionally but still got told not to do it again.

Is it still possible for me to enter this series? I love JGTC and I would love to run the NSX more than anything but I am also able to run GT300 if that is available as-well.

Never said it was allowed. I'm just wondering maybe if we put a turbo on it, it can keep pace with the other cars.

The Castrol Supra is JGTC. Although it can be considered if everyone agrees. I think it's a bit off pace than the Super GT's though. Much like the Lexus.

Ah I misunderstood, my bad! :scared:

I guess that warrants an approval 👍 Atleast for next week's race.

By the by, the Woodone Advan GTR is on the list too... if anyone's wondering. Too much red GTR's out there :D

So we can run turbos now?!?!? My nsx only has 504hp

So we can run turbos now?!?!? My nsx only has 504hp

No. We were only talking about the Lexus SC430.

UPDATE: Points and Qualifying updated on Post 1.

EDIT: To the GT500 waiting list - would you want to be put as provisionals for GT300? Just in case not everyone shows up for GT500.

EDIT 2: Question - The miles you run in Practice mode, do they count in the odometer?

Last edited:
Rules are rules.. and yes, it is preseason, that's why it doesn't matter for Scincx.. He'll be in the back of the grid, but it does'nt matter since it preaseason.

About that lap with Racing Softs, is 5 sec penalty enough? I guess I would end up in 1:st place even if I recieved a 5 sec. penalty with racing softs.. I think that on a big/long circuit, you could easy be 5-10 seconds faster with RS compared to RH.. Am I way off, or does it make sence?

And another thing Masi.. In Monaco, I did a 1:28.013.. And the table doesnt say I got the points. Are the fastest lap only for div I? Nissman had got the point for fastest lap, but that was a low 1:29.. Not that it matters for the Monaco race.. Just want to hilight this question so the rules are clear once the championship begins.

I think that the fastest lap in both divisions should recieve the bonus point.. Or just the fastest lap, but if a div II lap is faster, then the div II driver will get the bonuspoint..

No. We were only talking about the Lexus SC430.

UPDATE: Points and Qualifying updated on Post 1.

EDIT: To the GT500 waiting list - would you want to be put as provisionals for GT300? Just in case not everyone shows up for GT500.

EDIT 2: Question - The miles you run in Practice mode, do they count in the odometer?

I think the waiting list idea is good. And to the Practice mode question, yes the miles count up on the odometer. I put nearly 250 on my NSX and 150 on my Z just trying to find lines :scared::)

live qualification the best solution imao. i bet there are drivers here( few or at least one) who accidentaly put skid recovery on. lol:D as for bombe who put softs on i think he just didnt know and as for sinch i think he didnt gain time on corner 4 by passing above the lines but rules are rules

Last edited:
Hosting a practice lobby for a while if anyone cares to join.

1472-6118-4216-8214-5595

Last edited:
Just went out for the first time with the RX7... i thought something was wrong with the car when i couldn't even pull 2'07.xxx ...but apparently, i was on sport tires :D

I think ill have to dump the Subaru. Although ill have to break in my RX7 first. Only 2 hours left though :(

Just went out for the first time with the RX7... i thought something was wrong with the car when i couldn't even pull 2'07.xxx ...but apparently, i was on sport tires :D

I think ill have to dump the Subaru. Although ill have to break in my RX7 first. Only 2 hours left though :(

Waaah, and leave me all by myself? ;)

Subaru - 2:03.847

The first corner of the chicane is SUPER close. I took some photos but it's a tough angle. I'm confident that the inside tyres remain touching the red-and-whites throughout the corner, but it's a lot closer than I'd like. I spent ages trying to get another lap that was cleaner, but I couldn't get under 2:04.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back