::::: World Super GT Championship - [Thread 5 Closed] :::::

• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 1,001 comments

Q1: Season Car choice? / Q2: Should we run another Preseason race? **2 votes only!**

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Masi, I have a question. Because today stumbled upon the "Skid-something" option you can set to none or realistic. (I do not know how big the difference will be wether its on or off.) but how do we check that people has it on realistic, its pretty easy to skip, because its at the bottom of the settings, when entering time trial in practice mode.

And another thing, I have begun using my G25 wheel, but I think its pretty difficult to match the times I made with the pad, maybe its because I havn't used it for a looong time. But can I change the ForceFeedback in options.?

I tested today the difference when using SRF and/or Rigidity Improvement.The track was again Deep Forest. I used the Lexus Weds Sport IS 350 ´08, with 328 hp / 1150kg.Every setting was on default, except transmission and brakes.I used Racing Hard tires. I drove 10 laps on each setup to get the test as accurate as possible. So here´s the times:

Stock.......................1´16.373
Rigidity Imp..............1´16.007...-0.366
Stock + SRF..............1´15.583...-0.790
Rigidity Imp + SRF.....1´15.300...-1.073

When the Q-session goes online the possibility to use SRF
will be eliminated, but how can You control who´s using the
Rigidity Improvement, which on a longer track easily will
improve Your laptime by min 0.5 sec.

What is the reason that its not allowed? I´m sure that there
always will be people cheating if You give them the possibility.

EDIT: It makes You also to own 2 similar cars when its banned. 1 for this series and a second one for normal Online racing.Because once U installed Rigidity Improvement , You cannot uninstall it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Watched GTP_Aderrrm`s lap. I found it dirty(cut in corner 15).But maybe someone else should check it also, because he think its clean.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

My own official quali lap:

PSN: eppe00
Car: Amemiya Asparadrink RX-7
Class: GT300
Lap Time: 2´04.670

Open for review and validation, file below:

Glad You´re back Masi!

I posted this earlier today, but didn´t get a single comment
on this.Perhaps you can look over it and give me an answer?

I´m wondering also why GT300 and GT500 cars drive together if there would be enough cars for own classes.
I think it would be funnier to drive against 13 samepowered cars than just 6...!?

I'm not a part of this, but have been following it intently for a few days now. I must commend you all on the level of participation, organization and sportsmanship.

Furthermore, you guys are crazy fast!! Are you all using wheels? I've been practicing on the same track as your qualifier for another series using a sixaxis, and the best I can do using your settings for the qualifier is 2:07.422. :-(

I´m wondering also why GT300 and GT500 cars drive together if there would be enough cars for own classes.
I think it would be funnier to drive against 13 samepowered cars than just 6...!?

The point is that is the way Super GT is run in real life. It adds a level of strategy and excitement having slower and faster cars on the track at the same time.

I'm starting to get a bit pissed with GT5's stupid regional replay system. I wanted to watch Aderrrm's lap and see if I could get some tips for my own, but I can't because it's EU. Why, PD, why?

Glad You´re back Masi!

It is for the whole experience - GT500 cars have to navigate safely through traffic, while GT300 cars have to be aware of their surroundings and alert of when a faster car is approaching. Both of those are big features of GT racing and what makes it exciting :)

I couldn't get the GT-R to work on the slippery on-line surface, so I have to go back to the trusted Z. It's amazing how much slower it is on-line compared to practice mode. I also think hard is a little too slippery and difficult for tight racing, and soft is too arcade like. Medium perhaps the best compromize, but might only be me.

PSN: johnkiller2
Car: GT500 Xanavi Nissan Z
Lap time: 1.55.917

Attachments

• PS3.rar
    314.3 KB · Views: 12
Found a good stable tune but not That super quick one yet. Posted a 02'02.7xx another second in There but i am not that ace in tuning :(

Glad You´re back Masi!

Well, as we all know, that is something that's impossible police - unless you have a very keen senses like spiderman. I mentioned a few threads back that it will all be down to honor and integrity. If you are cheating the rules, you are only kidding yourself and the idea of 'Competition'

Thankfully, this will be the last time we'll be using the replay system. Next week at La Sarthe, we'll be doing live sessions. This would promote a more even playing field, specially for those people who don't really have a lot of time to practice. The added pressure also gives it a more realistic feel :)

No. The mix of the two classes makes it unique. We want to stay as loyal to the real world as possible. There will be one special event in the middle of the season where classes will battle their own kind :D

:cheers:

PSN: faqoldschool
Car: GT500 Takata Dome NSX
Lap time: 1.57.512

Attachments

• faqoldschool_quali_lap.zip
    312.4 KB · Views: 11
The point is that is the way Super GT is run in real life. It adds a level of strategy and excitement having slower and faster cars on the track at the same time.

I thought it was an economical issue in the REAL life.
But I just say what I think.This is a GAME, and I often think that You try too much to copy the real world things, no matter
the consequenses. But I´ll go with the flow, just posting my thoughts...:indiff:

Just remember to use Your helmets when driving dudes, that should certainly give You a good feeling of reality :)

16 cars submitted for GT500 :)

Only 8 so far for GT300 (including me, it will be 9) :(

i can always swith to GT300 when the season starts if needed to fill the grid...i bought the subaru the other day and it is fun to drive

just let me know if we end up with too many 500 class cars

Ok, then why not let the GT500 do they own race? 👍
Just to test if people liked it more, dispite the real world loyalty?

Sry for beeing annoying...

I thought it was an economical issue in the REAL life.
But I just say what I think.This is a GAME, and I often think that You try too much to copy the real world things, no matter
the consequenses. But I´ll go with the flow, just posting my thoughts...:indiff:

Just remember to use Your helmets when driving dudes, that should certainly give You a good feeling of reality :)

The point of running a SuperGT series is to emulate the series. Otherwise we'd just be racing.

In real life it's economics as well as other factors. I doubt that the organisers are unhappy that it's cheaper for them to run one race instead of two. But racing is primarily a mode of entertainment/advertising. They want exciting racing, and it leads to much more exciting battles when there's the added difficulty of lapping traffic.

I think this way gives far better racing personally. In an all GT300 race I'd probably only actually interact with maybe 4 or 5 of the other cars after the start. Those other 10 or so GT300s will either be too slow or too fast and will have no impact on my race. If you replace 7 of those with GT500s though, then I will have to deal with them as they inevitably lap me. The forced difference in performance leads to more interaction between the drivers.

Edit: I'll be in Gt300 too Masi, I'm just trying to decide whether I'm masochistic enough to run the Subaru.

The point of running a SuperGT series is to emulate the series. Otherwise we'd just be racing.

In real life it's economics as well as other factors. I doubt that the organisers are unhappy that it's cheaper for them to run one race instead of two. But racing is primarily a mode of entertainment/advertising. They want exciting racing, and it leads to much more exciting battles when there's the added difficulty of lapping traffic.

I think this way gives far better racing personally. In an all GT300 race I'd probably only actually interact with maybe 4 or 5 of the other cars after the start. Those other 10 or so GT300s will either be too slow or too fast and will have no impact on my race. If you replace 7 of those with GT500s though, then I will have to deal with them as they inevitably lap me. The forced difference in performance leads to more interaction between the drivers.

Edit: I'll be in Gt300 too Masi, I'm just trying to decide whether I'm masochistic enough to run the Subaru.

👍

Im driving the Subaru also, btw :D

Ugh ye guess my lap is dirty then as I did run wide there, didn't think about that to be honest since we got no white line rule here and I made that curb if it was any longer.
It only costed me time though as I was always faster in that bit but whatever.

As for the series...I think because we can ONLY host races with 16 people it would be more exciting to have 16 GT500's and GT300's race each other. Would create way more tension and battles on the track and hense, more entertaining.

Sorry bout that sincx, i actually posted it right under 'Important Note' first day i posted the specifics...

QualTemp500.jpg

QualyTemp300.jpg

QualKeys.jpg

Hi all. Is there any way that I can get in on this race tomorrow, even though I haven't raced in the previous ones? I've had the game since it came out but have only this week gotten so fed up with crap races online that I decided to come on here and look for people that want to run clean races.

Some pretty fast laps lol. Next weeks qualifying should be interesting to say the least. ;)

Two fast guys from GT300 will not be racing this week...

Aizen and El_Alien

2 more pending submissions...

Masi and Imari

PSN: Sincx
Car: Takata Dome NSX
Class: GT500
Lap Time: 1:55.949

As said gooing to stick with the Honda NSX.
So did quick few laps today and not happy with the lap at all but will have to do. Especially first sector there is so much room for improvement but meh, can't seem to nail it :crazy:
Going into the 2nd corner and coming out of the 4th and 6th corner I messed up completly as you will see.

Youtube video:

Replayfile:

Just trying to seek second opinion.

What does everyone think?

PSN: johnkiller2
Car: GT500 Xanavi Nissan Z
Lap time: 1.55.917

Clean lap 👍

I couldn't get the GT-R to work on the slippery on-line surface, so I have to go back to the trusted Z. It's amazing how much slower it is on-line compared to practice mode. I also think hard is a little too slippery and difficult for tight racing, and soft is too arcade like. Medium perhaps the best compromize, but might only be me.

I just tried the GT-R online tonight and only could manage a 1.56.5. It is incredibly slippy compared to what it is offline. It will be interesting to see how the NSX's get on.

---

SyncX's lap does appear to be off the track at turn 4. Perhaps we can let this slide as it is preseason, and use it as an example of what a dirty lap would be during the season. During the season, I think there should be no tolerance for a dirty lap, but I would personally let this one slide for this event.

Keen to hear what others think?

You better be damn well sure i won't miss next weeks Race. La Sarthe will be a classic one lol can't wait. I just bought the Subaru and letting my B-driver get it fully run in. I am a bit bored of the Garaiya lol

By the way, i don't see any Lexus on the GT500 board (edit: actually, only one :))

Has anyone tested the Stage 2 Turbo? It adds about 25 hp i think. I'm wondering how much it adds to the Lexus SC430's pace. Can anyone test? My lexus has 0 miles on it so i can't really gauge it with my GTR or NSX.

PSN: C-Falcon89
Class: GT500
Car: Raybrig NSX 06
Time: 1'56"814

Pictures for not so sure moments, I believe I have at least 1 or 2 wheels on track at all times

011rgs.jpg

013vrb.jpg

014zcv.jpg

015cgs.jpg

Checked the replay twice I believe it's clean.

Attachments

• PS3.rar
    310.1 KB · Views: 10
By the way, i don't see any Lexus on the GT500 board (edit: actually, only one :))

Has anyone tested the Stage 2 Turbo? It adds about 25 hp i think. I'm wondering how much it adds to the Lexus SC430's pace. Can anyone test? My lexus has 0 miles on it so i can't really gauge it with my GTR or NSX.

Didn't realize turbo'ing the car was allowed! And just to clarify, how come the Castrol Tom's isn't on the list?

Tested yesterday, but on Deep Forest ->

5:Lexus Tom´s P (oil c.+stage 2 Turbo, 525hp)....1´07.995 +0.509
6:Lexus Tom´s P (Stock, oil c. 490hp)................1´08.880 +1.394

Didn't realize turbo'ing the car was allowed! And just to clarify, how come the Castrol Tom's isn't on the list?

Never said it was allowed. I'm just wondering maybe if we put a turbo on it, it can keep pace with the other cars.

The Castrol Supra is JGTC. Although it can be considered if everyone agrees. I think it's a bit off pace than the Super GT's though. Much like the Lexus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back