::::: World Super GT Championship - [Thread 5 Closed] :::::

• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 1,001 comments

Q1: Season Car choice? / Q2: Should we run another Preseason race? **2 votes only!**

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a GT500 race tonight, so I'll be bringing that car this weekend....

PSN: Paginas
Car: Nissan Xanavi Nismo GT-R
Class: GT500
Lap Time: 1:56.949

i tried to do more laps however my game kept freezing on pit straight lol

wow a second quick than me sincx

Attachments

• Paginas.rar
    311.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
PSN: Paginas
Car: Nissan Xanavi Nismo GT-R
Lap Time: 1:56.949

i tried to do more laps however my game kept freezing on pit straight lol

wow a second quick than me sincx

It hapened to me to. My ghost file may became corrupted, as in the replay it frezzed too at the end.

Last edited:
It hapened to me to. The ghost file may became corrupted, as in the replay it frezzed to at the end.

i checked and it finished which was good lol

if i get time later i will download all the lap times in my region (if its region only) and check if they are ok...

Hey guys! I'm still in, just been away from the interwebs for a few days... submitting later tonight 👍

I'll be able to host D2 which I'm almost sure I'll be in :-p

PSN: Sincx
Car: Takata Dome NSX
Lap Time: 1:55.949

As said gooing to stick with the Honda NSX.
So did quick few laps today and not happy with the lap at all but will have to do. Especially first sector there is so much room for improvement but meh, can't seem to nail it :crazy:
Going into the 2nd corner and coming out of the 4th and 6th corner I messed up completly as you will see.

Youtube video:

Replayfile:

I dont know what is clean for sure, I ran my lap inside any lines to be sure....this however, now if this is a clean lap, then i know I could drop some time........my questions are :52 turn 4 <----this looks subjective and 2:00 last chicane can we cut it like that? I always thought car needs to be on ashpalt racing surface........

Sincx fast lap BTW, no poking at you in the sense of personal, I am new and want to be sure I can use every advantage fairly like shown in the run.

Yes please check my replay too in the 28 page.
Thx! ;)

I dont know what is clean for sure, I ran my lap inside any lines to be sure....this however, now if this is a clean lap, then i know I could drop some time........my questions are :52 turn 4 <----this looks subjective and 2:00 last chicane can we cut it like that? I always thought car needs to be on ashpalt racing surface........

Sincx fast lap BTW, no poking at you in the sense of personal, I am new and want to be sure I can use every advantage fairly like shown in the run.
Guys the rule are very clear at the turn 4 not OVER the white line, and for the chicane 2 wheels on the curb! The curb it's a part of the track in any race..and Masi_23 wrote that from the begin.

2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
Rumble/Ripple strips are part of the track
The green painted concrete next to the rumbles is not part of the track
Runoff areas are not part of the track

Sorry for being such an ass andil. :dopey:

This explains it.

You were with 2 wheels on the kerb, which is completely legal. My bad for not realizing that. :dunce:

It would be easier to judge if there would be a "white line rule" around the whole track..

I mean there is the "white line rule" just where there isn't curb..like for example the turn 4.. For the chicane there isnt this kind of rule.

PSN: Sincx
Car: Takata Dome NSX
Lap Time: 1:55.949

As said gooing to stick with the Honda NSX.
So did quick few laps today and not happy with the lap at all but will have to do. Especially first sector there is so much room for improvement but meh, can't seem to nail it :crazy:
Going into the 2nd corner and coming out of the 4th and 6th corner I messed up completly as you will see.

Youtube video:

Replayfile:

Unfortunately, this is not a clean lap.

Turn 4 -> All 4 wheels outside the white line.
Chicane Left Hander -> I think it was not ok, as 2 wheels were not in line with the track at all times.

Really good time though, but it is not within this series' rules. I think.

Unfortunately, this is not a clean lap.

Turn 4 -> All 4 wheels outside the white line.
Chicane Left Hander -> I think it was not ok, as 2 wheels were not in line with the track at all times.

Really good time though, but it is not within this series' rules. I think.
Yep I mean the same thing..

I mean there is the "white line rule" just where there isn't curb..like for example the turn 4.. For the chicane there isnt this kind of rule.

Ok. So You have to stay inside the line on a straight, but not
in a chicane. Funny rule :dunce:

Over the white line without curb u are out to the track, the curb is part to the track. All in the motorsport competitions use this simples rules.

You only have to stay inside the rumbles (not the green astro) on the chicane, as rumbles are considered part of the track. Sincx is Just about on the track through the final chicane, but unfortunately not on the turn 4.

Last edited:
maybe we hve to think about this rule.

Suggestion for new rulle;?

All 4 wheels must be on the track/curb at all times. so at a chicane your have to touch the curb on ur inside wheels instead of going over it with your outside wheels touching.

do you understand?

Last edited:
Paginas1, I see what your saying. . . I agree that going that far on the curb is corner cutting so to speak.

all 4 wheels must be on the track/curb at all times. so at a chicane your have to touch the curb on ur inside wheels instead of going over it with your outside wheels touching.

do you understand?

👍

Agree.

Paginas1, I see what your saying. . . I agree that going that far on the curb is corner cutting so to speak.

lol good im makin some sense for once. its like his going in a striaght line over the chicane, i admit i cut the right hander in the chicane (two tyres on curb) but wow he done the left and right hander it was almost striaght, thats where he got the time from.... his still fast but i would say his deff not a 1:55

Where there is no rumble strip, the outer part of the white line is the edge of the track. If you have 2 wheels off the track and your other 2 wheels are half on the white line/half off the track, then this is clean.

Where there is rumble strip (red and white), that is the outside of the track and the same applies. The green concrete at Nurburgring GP/F after the rumble is not part of the track, and the same thing applies as above.

The rule is you must have 2 wheels touching the track (what ever that may be, white line or rumble strip), not 4 wheels touching what is not claimed to be track (run-off area or grass).

Watched GTP_Aderrrm`s lap. I found it dirty(cut in corner 15).But maybe someone else should check it also, because he think its clean.

I'm assuming you're on about the exit to the chicance, because the entry is definitely clean. As I said above the rumble strip (red and white bit) is part of the track. The white line is no longer the outer part of the track. Although I have 2 wheels over the green concrete which is not part of the track, my left 2 wheels are definitely touching (or vertically in line with) the red and white rumble strip which is clean by the rules. 👍

My replay is near the bottom of page 22 if anyone wants to see it. :)

all 4 wheels must be on the track/curb at all times. so at a chicane your have to touch the curb on ur inside wheels instead of going over it with your outside wheels touching.

do you understand?

No, wrong. You can have 2 wheels off the track at any given time. However the rule is you must have 2 wheels on the track at any given time whether that be the white line or red and white rumble strip.

Jeeze it's not that hard to understand. :ouch:

adermm if you read my post "properly" it was a suggestion not a statement!

ive changed the post to make it more clear...

adermm if you read my post "properly" it was a suggestion not a statement!

ive changed the post to make it more clear...

I read it properly it just wasn't clean. Sorry about that. :)

About the suggestion... I would leave it the way it is. Because what you're saying is that rumble strips shouldn't be part of the track. (You can have 2 wheels on them but 2 wheels must be touching the white line/track).

I read it properly it just wasn't clean. Sorry about that. :)

About the suggestion... I would leave it the way it is. Because what you're saying is that rumble strips shouldn't be part of the track. (You can have 2 wheels on them but 2 wheels must be touching the white line/track).

dont worry...

right i am saying that rumble strips are part of track, however your wheels "shouldnt" go over them otherwise you are "off" the track.

im not saying change rules for this race, it just needs to be looked at, you wouldnt see race cars doing what we have just down over that chincane.

Plus ive downloaded your quail lap, i will look at it in bit...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back