Would you like Drag Racing in Gran Turismo 5?

• Thread starter Patrik
  • 77 comments

Would you like Drag Racing in Gran Turismo 5?

• Yes! A complete mode with drag mods, burnout, stage in and take off!

Votes: 81 54.4%
  • Yes! would be cool, but it's too much with burnout and all that ****!

Votes: 29 19.5%
  • I don't if there will be Drag Racing or not!

Votes: 12 8.1%
  • No! Drag Racing would be silly and pointless in a game like GT!

Votes: 25 16.8%
  • Other...

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted YES go all the way, it would be cool if the drag racing mode actually have rewards and make it it can be two player. One more thing I would like to see it that the cars don't go perfectly strait, I mean there is a little thing that is called torque that twists the chassis and because of that you wont got "perfectly" strait. and also wheelies would be hella cool :dopey:

I Dont Care, they can include if they want, but i wont be wasting my time playing on it.

So long as it is waaaaaay down on the priority list i dont care, there are more important things that need including and fixing.

No! Drag Racing would be silly and pointless in a game like GT!

GT is a "Real driving simulation", not a "Real driving and drag racing simulation"!

lol! you really need do come up with a clearer idea of why PD shouldn't make drag racing in to it..

As the Admin for the GTP Weekly Drag Series I would be thrilled if they touched up the drag racing area of the game. I want to be able to race the computer, and to race my friends in 2-player mode.

Variable staging lights would be a welcome addition. Having to burnout and such beforehand, would be too distracting in my opinion.

Seriously Burnouts and wheelies, that is hardly GT style i personally dont have a problem with including drag racing but dont get to carried away

Burnouts and wheelies should not be required. Just roll up to the line and wait for the lights. However, they really should fix the physics so that the burnouts and wheelies are possible if so desired.

Just give us the option of racing an opponent, be it two player or AI. Also a selection of tracks would be nice. The test track straight, Las Vegas strip, Airstrip runway and Saltflats would do fine - especially if the Saltflats could be configured for long or short strip, and maximum speed run.

No !!! GT'S a simulation of auto racing.

Huh... last time I checked , drag racing is indeed a from of auto racing.

I say put it in. Kaz has been teasing us with the prospect from the 2 drag cars in GT2 to the strip in GT4. I'm pretty sure the only reason he hasn't included a functional drag racing bit has been due to time constraints.

I loved the drag cars of GT2 however I wouldn't like to see any more extreme versions that you see like->
etchellsmed.jpg

quiles.jpg

Bennet-Drag-Car-02.jpg

I just think these are over the top and while people argue that any car should be in GT5, These are hardly cars

Those, and even more extreme Drag cars should be welcomed in GT5. Only they should be about as common as the vintage cars of GT4, not as common as the Skylines. I mean, look at the Escudo Pikes Peak, Auto Union Streamliner, Jay Leno Tank Car and Formula GT. Mad cars with limited uses. Why not add a Top Fuel Dragster to the mix.

Back