Would you rather?

• Thread starter motortrend
  • 22,046 comments
I based my opinons on looks and the embarrassement levels not on how great the cars are and I'm definatly biased because I only like American Muscle (Dodge, Chevy, Ford, the popular stuff) and I don't care much for Pontiacs, Buicks etc., and I only thought the Solstice was a concept that never went on production so I was quite surprised when I saw it here. Thanks for the heads up on this car and I have some reaserch to make. The Pontiac not being that ugly is, IMO, the ugliest of this lot.

791px-Skoda_Fabia_II_Combi_Facelift_front_20100515.jpg

or

800px-Peugeot_208_e-HDi_FAP_115_Stop_%26_Start_Allure_%E2%80%93_Frontansicht%2C_23._September_2012%2C_Hilden.jpg

or

800px-Hyundai_i10_1.2_Style_%28Facelift%29_%E2%80%93_Frontansicht%2C_14._Juli_2013%2C_M%C3%BCnster.jpg

or

800px-Lada_Niva_1991_Brazil.jpg

Pontiac Solstice vs. BMW Z4 vs. Nissan 350Z - Well the Solstice is out because it's extremely ugly. The 350Z is out because it just doesn't match up to the Z4. Z4s are also getting pretty rare, I haven't seen one in a while.

Results:
1. BMW Z4
2. Nissan 350Z
3. Pontiac Solstice

Skoda Fabia Combi vs. Peugeot 208 HDi FAP 115 vs. Hyundai i20 Style vs. Lada Niva - Peugeot, it's the only decent one there.

Results:
1. Peugeot 208 HDi FAP 115
2. Hyundai i20 Style
3. Skoda Fabia Combi
4. Lada Niva

2013 Ford Focus ST
2013-Ford-Focus-ST-front.jpg

or

2015 Subaru WRX
2015-Subaru-WRX-front-three-quarter-view.jpg

Can I take neither? No? Ok fiiiinnneee. Focus. But both make me want to puke.

It's been a while since I posted around here. I'll only go back a few comparisons.

R32 GT-R vs M3 Evolution II vs Mustang Cobra R

All three of these are cars I'd happily give up a space in my garage for, if I possessed the power to do that in my household. I don't know too much about the Mustang, but I'm guessing it comes with the 5.8L V8, which is slightly badass. Compared to other sports cars, it just doesn't seem as special, though. The R32's something of a unicorn in the states and is my favorite generation of GT-R, but the interior isn't that interesting. The M3's the most conservative of the bunch, but it has a design I like, a decent interior and excellent handling characteristics. I'll take the M3, but I'm probably biased.

Neon vs Cavalier

Any generation of Cavalier is only slightly more appealing than public transportation, whereas the Neon, though it has no real advantages over the Cavalier and certainly not over its Japanese competition, has a quirky-cool design and is supposed to handle nicely. I'll take the Neon.

M34 vs RC-F

Both cars come from brands I like very much, but I prefer the M4 due to its more conventional styling, even if I don't like the name change. The RC-F is too overdone and looks better in more pedestrian guise. The M4 also wins out due to returning to the old-fashioned inline six powertrain. As good as a V8 can be, I'd prefer a lighter six cylinder in a small car made for handling.

Fiesta ST vs Clio RS vs Fabia

The Clio RS, like a lot of Renaults, just doesn't interest me for some reason. I like the Fiesta ST, but I'm not a fan of its interior, and it seems a bit overhyped. The Fabia, like most Skodas, is conservative but handsome inside and out. The interior sports a conventional layout that I like. I have no idea what the performance characteristics are. Despite it being a wagon, I'll take the Fabia, though I'd prefer a sedan or hatchback variant (if available).

WRX STi vs WRX

No.

Focus ST vs Fiesta ST

I like both Fords, but both are overhyped by fanboys who insist that manufacturers are evil for not listening to the 150 people who will pony up to pay for an obscure non-US market hot hatch, despite the fact that it just doesn't make sense. Though it's nice to see enthusiasts actually putting their money where their mouth is, I fear that both of these cars will become too common in a few years as far as performance cars go. That said, I'd go for the Focus ST with its nicer and roomier interior.

SVT Cobra vs GT-R vs M3

Once again, all three choices would be welcomed into my garage. Even though they're ridiculously common at car shows (and most their owners are idiots), I do like the new edge Mustang in Cobra guise very much, even with the cheapo interior. It looks menacing in darker colors, sounds great from the factory, but ultimately that bland interior and inevitable handling compromises let it down. The R34 GT-R's a respectable unicorn, but it looks too much like a once bland car with a bunch of tacked on bits. I prefer the older R32. The M3's easily the most livable (when it isn't hemorrhaging your money), with the nicest interior, most conventional and timeless looks, as well as high-revving inline six and great handling characteristics. The choice is easy: the M3.

Fabia Combi vs 208 HDi vs Hyundai i20 vs Niva

I don't get the appeal of most old Russian cars, so the Niva's out. The i20's a funny-looking little car (in a good way), but in no way is it as good as the Peugeot or Skoda. This becomes a tough choice between the Fabia and the 208. Both are handsome cars, but in very different ways. The Peugeot's more upscale and trendy, and it should look nice ten years down the road, with the blobby design characteristics most cars are progressing towards. The Fabia certainly has the more conventional design, if a bit awkwardly-proportioned towards the rear, as some small wagons tend to look. Like most French cars, I like the 208's interior, which like the exterior is upscale and trendy. The Fabia's interior is much more traditional but still handsome, and I think I'd prefer it in the long run to the 208. I'll take the Fabia.

Your budget is $25,000 USD to create a nice offroader.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2 Door (285 horsepower @ 6400 RPM, 260 lb-ft @ 4800, 6-Speed M/T or 5-Speed A/T, 4910 lbs) ~$22,395 with ~$2,605 left over for parts.

Jeep_Wrangler_Sport_(JK)_%E2%80%93_Frontansicht,_16._April_2011,_D%C3%BCsseldorf.jpg

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4 Door (190 horsepower @ 4600 RPM, 225 lb-ft @ 3000, 5-Speed M/T or 4-Speed A/T, 3305 lbs) $8,800 with $16,200 left over for parts.

jeep-cherokee01.jpg

Why would you spend 3x as much money for something made of plastic that wishes its 4x4 system could compete with an XJ? I'll take the Cherokee.

Skoda Fabia Combi vs Peugeot 208 vs Hyundai i20 vs Lada Niva; Peugeot 208! French hatchbacks are awesome...most of the time.

Ford Focus ST vs Subaru WRX; the new WRX I think I'll go with. I love the Ford Focus, but I think I should vote for something different every so often and the new WRX is awesome. I miss it when Subaru was calling it an Impreza though. :(

2014 Jeep Wrangler vs 2000 Jeep Cherokee; I think I'll pick the Cherokee, it has a bit more character.

I agree with this 100%.

Easily the Cherokee. With over $16,000 left over for parts, you could make it into a great off reader and daily driver, since it has 4 doors. It's also relatively light, and with 190hp and 225lbft, you wouldn't have to do much, if any modifications to the engine.

There's really no reason you'd choose the Wrangler, that I can think of.

Cherokee because AMC 4.0L straight size. The only way id take a wrangler body was of it was an old CJ/TJ/YJ with a AMC 360 V8.

Back