WRC Modern Classics S3: Season 2007

MagpieRacer

Premium
England
Wymondham, Norfolk
Seagull_Racer
Welcome back everyone to Modern Classics Series 3!
This series recreates the 2007 World Rally Championship, which saw 2 titans of the sport lock horns once again, Marcus Gronholm and Sebastien Loeb. Citroen returned officially as a manufacturer after a year hiatus to work on the new for 2007 Citroen C4. Sebastien Loeb entered 2007 looking to equal Tommi Makinen and Juha Kankkunen by taking a 4th title.

WRC 2007.jpg

The series will start on October 23rd 2024 and run until February 12th 2025 across 16 rounds.

The following cars are permitted:
Citroen C4 WRC
Ford Focus RS WRC2008
Citroen Xsara WRC
Skoda Fabia WRC

This season, Argentina will be represented by Mexico, Germany by CER, Rally Japan will be represented by Pacifico, Rally Ireland by CER and Wales Rally GB by Chile.
The rallies this season will feature longer lengths and more services than previously, so be prepared for some very challenging weeks, (check out Finland). As ever, itineraries, weather and seasons are replicated as best as possible.

As always, have fun, share pictures, tips and discussion!​

Last edited:
I will be part time once again, driving the Skoda :dopey: Happy that there will be no more Hardcore damages :D
Yep, very conscious decision not to have hardcore damage this time around. The rallies are generally much longer this time round, so there will still be a focus on looking after the car, it'll just be over the course of the whole rally rather than stage to stage.

To give you an idea, the longest rally in the 2001 series, was Kenya, with 12 stages running to 120km. In 2007, Finland is 20 stages running to just over 200km, Germany (CER) is 15 stages running to nearly 215km. There are some shorter ones but I wanted to emphasize the challenge of the 2007 season with it's mammoth 16 round campaign and FIA recommended 360km minimum recommended for competitive stages.

2007 Season
Round 1
75th Rallye Automobile Monte Carlo
Day 1

Service Park
1 - La Bollène-Vésubie - Peïra Cava - 18.5km
2 - Baisse de Patronel - 9.3km

Day 2
Service Park
3 - Saint-Léger-les-Mélèzes - La Bâtie-Neuve - 16.8km
Remote Service
4 - Les Borels - 8.6km
5 - Ancelle - 8km
Service Park
6 - Saint-Léger-les-Mélèzes - La Bâtie-Neuve 2 - 16.8km
Remote Service
7 - Les Borels 2 - 8.6km
8 - Ancelle 2 - 8km

Day 3
Service Park
9 - Pra d'Alart - 8.9km
10 - La Maïris - 9.3km
Service Park
11 - Pra d'Alart 2 - 8.9km
12 - La Maïris 2 - 9.3km

Total Competitive KM - 131km

Last edited:
I have to confess I'm a bit curious by the timescale, for Season 2 (2001) we had about 10 days to complete every event but I see that's been shortened to a week this time around, coupled with the jam-packed stage fillings I wonder how that will have an effect on things.

Back