WSCC LMP Championship - HEAVY DAMAGE - ***COMPLETED***

• Thread starter gippone
  • 387 comments

For the official season starting september 27th what do you prefer?

• LIGHT DAMAGE

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • HEAVY DAMAGE

Votes: 9 81.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
just done a bit of practice with gt one 690pp 1.33.182 is the best ive done so far. tires are gone by lap 10 softs just wondered how everyone else was getting on??:)

hope to test some laps tonight with different cars :)

yesterday I managed to test for 3 hours some LMP at Monza,
with a similiar setup (same aero - same lsd - same top speed) for all 3 cars:

690 PP

1:33.102 with the Pescarolo Sport Courage - Judd GV5 Race Car '04
1:33.357 with the Audi R10 TDI Race Car '06
1:32.889 (!) with the Peugeot 908 HDi FAP - Team Oreca Matmut '10

I was quite impressed with the Peugeot!! Very manoeuvrable!! I think that this limit in PP (690) is better than 670 and can balance some things.
I have to say that it was difficult for me to test the Audi because it's completely different to drive with 5 gears instead of 6... but if someone has a good setup for it will be competitive also :)

EDIT: the most important thing for a setup is tyre wear in my opinion

Last edited:
What tires did you use? And how may laps did they last?

Racing Soft

I tried 20 laps more or less for every car but I will try tyre wear near the preseason race next week. I was more worried now to test times to see if the cars are balanced with 690PP 👍

Not sure if I can make this weeks race, ill have to get some serious practice in if i do looking at some of these times

Spreadsheet Updated 👍

Thanks for your test anastasis :) seems that 690PP is the key to have a balanced race. Now the thing is to find a good setup for long stints 👍

Last edited:
Thanks for your test anastasis :) seems that 690PP is the key to have a balanced race. Now the thing is to find a good setup for long stints 👍

managed to do 17 laps but was spinning all the way at 18th

haha, i was searching for another contest i saw 1 spot left so why not.. itll be exciting anastasis.. ;)

thx gippone;)

Could you remind everyone that on the warm up lap if you want to do a burst of acceleration thats fine but dont brake hard because it will cause havock even before the race start.

Can we use heavy damage? this way I wont get pissed when people cut cause at least with heavy damage there is a better chance of one getting damage at monza, sarthe 09, and fuji f. This way at least if someone chooses to cut there is risk involved. just food for thought. perhaps at this, the last preseason race we could try 20 laps with heavy damage and 20 without with reversed grid of course....

oh and if anyone decides they dont want to be in any more, I will take their car, whatever it is... unless i can switch to the 03 courage.

Can we use heavy damage? this way I wont get pissed when people cut cause at least with heavy damage there is a better chance of one getting damage at monza, sarthe 09, and fuji f. This way at least if someone chooses to cut there is risk involved. just food for thought. perhaps at this, the last preseason race we could try 20 laps with heavy damage and 20 without with reversed grid of course....

I thought of using heavy damage but starting from the Season Two of this category, but If everyone agrees we can use heavy damage tonight and see how is going.

must all be more careful to risk something in this case during the race

For the official season starting next week I can open a POLL to let everyone vote between Heavy Damage and Light Damage

What do you think guys?? :)

btw can we tune the car or is it fully stock please update me about this..

you can tune it as you want
you only have to keep 690PP maximum with racing soft tyres :)

Last edited:
tonight the race will be in my private lounge and the server (first to enter the room) will be posiloan (thank you posi :))

I'm going to have to drop out I think, a busier university schedule and the fact I'm not the most competitive in this series makes me think i should make way for some other people who want to race instead.

Thanks anyway guys, I'm gonna concentrate on iRacing instead now

Back