WSCC Touring Car Team Championship, FINISHED

• Thread starter GTRedline
  • 456 comments
The F1 race is at 8am EST. 5hrs before our race. We won't have a F1 race in our time slot until brazil in November.

The f1 race is at 12 EST , 9 PST. Not sure what times your seeing. I thought our race started at 10PST 1EST.

I'll be joining tonights race too. Won't have time for any practice, but I know the track well enough so won't have any problems there.

Seriously guys, lol. You must not be getting a live feed. All European F1 races start at 1pm BST, 8am EST, 5am PST. Go to the formula 1 website and see. I can garrentee that most everyone will be talking about the results of the race at the TCTC race.

Not sure what happened that speed channel lost the rights to fox for formula one. And i have no idea why fox would air the montreal race live and then spain 4hrs late. I guess its because they figured no one on the west coast would get up at 5am, but its a shame to not be able to watch it live. In Canada, TSN has the rights and its always live with BBC commentary, even when in asia and i'm watching it at 3am.

Just a reminder to everyone...

Race to be held in my private lounge (P_O_P_E), I will not be online. Teeds is hosting, please follow his instructions. Big thank you to teeds! Top three (one lexus, two renaults) will be qualifying and starting on racing hards.

For teeds...

hp limit - 345hp
weight limit - 1150kg
all assists off except TCS

Grid start with false start
finish delay - max
grip reduction - real
tire and fuel consumsion - on

Be sure to check everyones tires at the begining of qualifying and just before starting the race.

Everyone have fun! Wish i could make it, hope to see some of you at the Racing school later today. For those of you thinking about missing the race for the F1 race, don't, record it, wasn't anything special.

I just looked up the results. Your right, its already over. What the hell? Why did we get a delayed race? Speed didn't lose the rights, Fox always shows a couple races a year. Now I'm just irritated.

1. El ALiens
2. Zkippe +08s
3. Sassafrass +51s
4. Cobrius +51s
5. Drex + 1m 02s
6. luckylefty no time
7. supernasty no time

Teeds couldnt connect.

The BMW's were both parked long before the race ended.

Why? You couldn't keep pace? That sucks. I'm not going to be using a set hp/weight formula for next season, it's just not working. We're going to keep it around 350hp, but some will have less, some with more.

That sucks teeds. We had trouble getting you in a few weeks ago too. Hope it gets sorted out for next week. So who took charge?

The penalty was barely enough to hold up Zkippe, damn he's fast in that lexus. Who knew? lol.

OP and standings updated

I did three pitstops. The plan was to do only two, but I messed up the first pitstop and changed only the rear tyres to softs. Had to come in again a few laps later. I also should've come in earlier for the last set of tyres as I was losing too much due to worn-out rubber. Apart from the pitstop errors and two spins at the last corner, the race was pretty good for me. The Lexus is really nice to drive once you get the setup right. And the best of all, it wears both front and rear tyres evenly so you don't get dramatic changes of balance during the race.

There was some talk about the BMW being uncompetitive after the race. I did test a few laps with it after the race and got a 1:11.9 after a few setup tweaks. I can't really see how the BMW isn't competitive, as I did only a 1:12.2 in the race in the Lexus with fresh tyres and empty tank. It wears it's front tyres more than the rears which is not good over a distance, but so does the 4WD Mazda and the Honda (even more because it's an FF). You just have to have long 1st gear and close gearing because it only has five gears and tweak the suspension a bit to dial out some of the understeer caused by the front heavy weight distribution.

For those who don't know how to get long 1st and close gearing:
1. set final gear to 5.000
2. set max speed to about 200 km/h, 130 mph
3. set 1st to minimum and last gear to maximum
4. set max speed to desired value by using the final gear ratio
5. even out the gears and fine tune them to suit the track and preferences

If you use only max speed setting you will end up having 1st and second so short that you will rarely use them. I usually have long 1st and 2nd while the rest are very close together. Depends on the cars powerband of course. Wide powerband doesn't necessarily need close gearing but a narrow one (like most of the series' cars) does.

I somewhat agree with Skippe. I'm not ready to blame the car entirely for my performance so far.

In practice, I was one of the fastest cars with a 1:12.8. I ran very consistent low 1:13 in practice also. Granted it's no 1:11.xx, but it's competitive.

Two problems:

I can only run those times for about 5 laps before I loose my front tires bad.

I can only run those times at night. Apparently I'm completely useless in the morning. I was running 1:16 all race long (2-3 seconds off my practice pace). That combined with the fact that I put the wrong tires on, had to pit 5 total times, and crashed (hard enough for damage) 5 times also.

I drove like crap. There's not doubt the BMW could have been on the podium at Deep Forest. It's just not going to happen with me behind the wheel, at the current time slot.

In the one afternoon race we did, I ran great. In all the races I wake up for - pathetic.

Thanks for the write up Zkippe, I'll try that with the Toyota. That sucks iamsupernasty, better luck at autumn ring. Maybe wake up earlier, lol. Just wait until there's heavy damage.

I drive like crap in the morning as well. I just got up earlier. I had absolutley no practice last week until right before the race. Deep Forest does happen to be my favorite track but I still had adjustments to make. I have to thank Corbrius for racing me clean on the last lap. My tires were gone and I was trying to defend my first podium.

1:11.xxx is insane by the way.

How are the times coming for this sunday? Hope we get a better showing and teeds can make it in. I've been messing with the tranny settings on every car after Zkippe's post, wow, what a difference!

As you all know i'm going to miss this sundays race again, and i'm happy that you are all sticking with this. I really think that filling the grid will result in a better race for everyone, so we'll have to look at our options for season two. Perhaps just 4 of the cars, and 4 drivers per team would help.

For round 4 i'm going to host a WSCC Special Event either just before or just after the TCTC, and would like as many of you to join as possible so let me know what time works best for you. Right now i'm doing a little testing, but its along the lines of 600hp street cars on street tires, for an hour on heavy damage. Think R33, S15, Z32, Z33, and maybe NSX and RX7. However i can't seem to drive the RX7 with the DS3 so i'm going to have to break out the wheel for testing.

Back