RVR's 1st Annual 525PP European Car Shootout!!! Final Tester and Tuner Results! :D

• Thread starter Akira GT
  • 1,341 comments
Question from a tester who's never done one of these yet... is TCS allowed? I sometimes use TCS=1 for RWD cars. (Otherwise just ABS 1 for everything.)

If you want to use TCS it is allowed yes.:)

If you want to use TCS it is allowed yes.:)

For me it was like the others shootout, "The only aids that are allowed are ABS1 and Driving Line."
But it's ok for me, if some testers have problems with some FR, the game is to tune the cars to avoid this assistance.

Jackthalad
That is tuned right?
Do you have a GT wing on yours?

I was gonna go for an M3, still aint decided my final choice yet though,

I have a R8, with best 1:30.2, still with alot of room for improvement
And I was working on the Motor Sport Elise which was very slow to start with. Best was 1:36.xx but I managed to get it down to 1:33.1, with some tuning. The Elise wouldn't have came close to winning but the way it drove after tuning compared to how it was before was unbelievable. I wanna give a M3 a go though, and maybe another Audi.

Raver's time with stock settings, running a 1:31.xx either he has SRF on or that car is a beast.

I've been hitting 1:31's with pretty much anything at 500pp. Tuning brings en all down from there, just how far is the question.

I was hoping to have as many different cars as possible. Instead of 5 of the same model one after the next.

What happen if the de-friend friend don't like that his friend de-friend him for a minute and interprete this like a non friendly relation like friends have generaly?? :nervous:
1% less friend for 1 minute ? Did the earth stop spinning because of this???:nervous:

Nice one my friend! :lol: We are still friends right? :nervous:

Yes, he would have to work this out with his friend in advance, or his de-friended friend may not accept his re-friend request. :)

For me it was like the others shootout, "The only aids that are allowed are ABS1 and Driving Line."
But it's ok for me, if some testers have problems with some FR, the game is to tune the cars to avoid this assistance.

Sorry I thought TCS has been allowed, I don't use it but I think it should be up to the driver if he wants to use it or not.

Nice one my friend! :lol: We are still friends right? :nervous:

Yes, he would have to work this out with his friend in advance, or his de-friended friend may not accept his re-friend request. :)

If we are friends ? Of course we are ! You'll see when i'll knock at your door with my kids and surfboards asking for your pick-up to check the surf spots of San Diego CA...:lol:

Here is my entry, finally got her tweaked yesterday. The car is available to borrow, I can accept FR anytime

BMW M3 CSL

Parts installed,
Weight reduction stage 3
Window weight reduction
Chassis reinforcement
Gt auto wing A
Stage 1 engine tune
Catalytic converter:sports
Titanium racing exaust
Fully customizable transmission
Clutch:twin plate
Flywheel:semi-racing
Adjustable LSD
Carbon driveshaft
Fully customizable suspension

(0/5)

398 hp
303 ft-lb
Power level 95.3%

1153 KG
Balast (0/0)

Top speed-(186 mph)
Final gear-(4.000)
1st gear-(3.550)
2nd gear-(2.460)
3rd gear-(1.820)
4th gear-(1.400)
5th gear-(1.170)
6th gear-(1.000)

Initial-(0/10)
Acceleration-(0/47)
Braking-(0/12)

Ride height (-17/-15)
Spring rates (10.7/14.7)
Dampers(Extension) (5/8)
Dampers(Compression) (4/5)
Anti-roll bars (4/3)
Camber (2.5/2.3)
Toe (0.05/0.00)

Almost forgot to put it on here, I use a DS3 with sensitivity of +3 and all aids off except ABS on 1. My average lap times are high 1:29s to low 1:30s.

Ok got a few things to say to various comments.

1) Haven't tested the SLR myself but I'm thinking the SLS will be better since it's lower pp, weighs less, high power and better handling.
2) damn I wanted to try the M3 but mine was already set up for drift
3) finally only abs 1 for aids because thats how everyone has set there cars up for. I had traction control on by accident and it slowed me down tons for some cars and not as much for others so it's too risky

I've been hitting 1:31's with pretty much anything at 500pp. Tuning brings en all down from there, just how far is the question.

I was hoping to have as many different cars as possible. Instead of 5 of the same model one after the next.

I've been hitting 1:31's with pretty much anything at 525pp! I hope the difference is just my driving skill. :nervous:

I already submitted my entry, but my next best car is also a BMW so not much variety there. Not sure if the handling compares to the M3's but the Concept tii has a wicked torque curve. I also tried a RUF 3400S but it is not quite stable enough for consistent laps and would benefit from a wing if it would take one. The Evora will be competitive. We'll have to see what else comes up...

Sorry I thought TCS has been allowed, I don't use it but I think it should be up to the driver if he wants to use it or not.

But it's ok, for me no problems, who have to decide this is Dylan. I agree that if anybody have some traction problems with a car, he can use TCS 1, but only after he try 10 laps to select one lap time. It's not a race but a hot lap.

Unless Dylan says otherwise drivers are free to use any driving aid they want....provided they use the exact same aids to test every car. The idea is to provide consistent testing of all the cars/tunes and the only way to achieve that is if the drivers test all cars in the exact same manner with the exact same driving aids. The usual is ABS1 and Driving Line for most tuners I believe, however some have recommended different settings such as TCS1-3. While the use of a certain driving aid may indeed enhance the performance of a given car/tune it doesn't lend itself well to comparison testing unless all cars are tested with the same aid/s.

How is traction control fair? A tuner may have the LSD set up perfectly to allow for a bit more tire spin but just under heating them. Traction control would totally change that and even if you use it for every car some cars will be fine with it on and others it will hurt them.

If we are friends ? Of course we are ! You'll see when i'll knock at your door with my kids and surfboards asking for your pick-up to check the surf spots of San Diego CA...:lol:

You are welcome any time! I am up north further though. Santa Cruz has great surfing and if you are bold or suicidal, Mavericks is close too. The problem here is the water is cold cold cold 59°F, 15°C. :nervous: <- this does not mean nervous, he is shivering from the cold.

Sorry for the off topic post.

You are welcome any time! I am up north further though. Santa Cruz has great surfing and if you are bold or suicidal, Mavericks is close too. The problem here is the water is cold cold cold 59°F, 15°C. :nervous: <- this does not mean nervous, he is shivering from the cold.

Sorry for the off topic post.

I'll send my kids who are bolt less in the water, i stay on the beach and make some coffee... Not my age anymore... Mavericks :nervous::nervous: not for me, i prefer hot water longboard, medium waves.... :) no more beach boy, more office boy now :indiff:

Sorry for off topic too but now it's over... CARS.

How is traction control fair? A tuner may have the LSD set up perfectly to allow for a bit more tire spin but just under heating them. Traction control would totally change that and even if you use it for every car some cars will be fine with it on and others it will hurt them.

How is TCS unfair? Its unfair telling a tester that he's not allowed to use it even if he needs it to do a clean lap or whatever.
All TCS will do is 'help' those that aren't as skilled drivers

No tuner will get an advantage if the tester uses TCS IMO.

Jackthalad
How is TCS unfair? Its unfair telling a tester that he's not allowed to use it even if he needs it to do a clean lap or whatever.
All TCS will do is 'help' those that aren't as skilled drivers

No tuner will get an advantage if the tester uses TCS IMO.

If you have to have TCS on to drive well you shouldn't be a tester. Only what the tuners settings are can be used and since everyone uses abs1 only that's it

I Think having all aids off (except ABS) is only fair so that times aren't biased and TCS would improve lap times

for the record, I use a DS3 with ABS1 and driving line everything else off, If on occasion a car testing doesn't like me to jump on the power I will use TC1 on to use it as a guide to help me feather the throttle, then and only then will I turn it back off and do my run. I hope this is OK?

If you have to have TCS on to drive well you shouldn't be a tester. Only what the tuners settings are can be used and since everyone uses abs1 only that's it

Maybe a bit harsh on the testers, indy says he uses it sometimes. Should he be a tester??
No offence indy just read your comment :)

And TCS slows me down if anything

non taken

lol didn't think there would be, but you know how some people are on this, I'm just trying to be as friendly as possible

- SRF

I hate this crap
I only use ABS 1 on ALL cars.

raVer

Sorry, only saying this because i seen a few people mention this on a video you posted of your DC5 at the ring.
This 1:31. was with stock everything yes? only Power limiter and Sports Soft tires?
Is this car premium or standard?

lol didn't think there would be, but you know how some people are on this, I'm just trying to be as friendly as possible

Yuppers, also as I stated above post.. I jump on the throttle early this is not good especially coming out of the corkscrew and into Rainey and only us TC to help learn the cars limits/extremes as soon as I have learned what the car can and can not do I then turn it back off and start my run, I find it easier to learn a new car this way instead of smashing it up,just one of my little quirks.

Indy

Sorry, only saying this because i seen a few people mention this on a video you posted of your DC5 at the ring.
This 1:31. was with stock everything yes? only Power limiter and Sports Soft tires?
Is this car premium or standard?

This is the one from the UCD.

I added tuning parts and left them at stock settings except max power limiting and yes on sport soft.

The DC5 was also driven with only ABS 1.

raVer

Jackthalad
Maybe a bit harsh on the testers, indy says he uses it sometimes. Should he be a tester??
No offence indy just read your comment :)

And TCS slows me down if anything

Hey I suck at this course and my car is so temperamental when you hit the gas, but just learn to drive better. I use abs 1 and driving line as reference points and that's it. My driving style is super aggressive and it's really hard to calm down and drive slower because you no it's actually fast, but I'm sure anyone who is a tester can learn to do that and learn to not hit the gas instantly as well.

I see no problem allowing testers to use TCS.
If a driver needs TCS for RWD, and is not allowed to use it, I'll probably change to the Audi R8, and we'll get 15 4WD tunes.

That make anyone happy?

Idk I'm still thinking if you can't drive a rear wheeled car very well why would you want to drive a bunch of tuner people's cars for a competition? It's going to slow you down no matter what, but if you are sneaky and use it without saying anything than you have to do it for all cars for the full 10 laps.

If a driver needs TCS for RWD, and is not allowed to use it, I'll probably change to the Audi R8, and we'll get 15 4WD tunes.

That make anyone happy?

Never mind miss read and waiting for your tune the CLS, mine is a beast did a 1.26. and I ain't a gooder tuner as you guys are

Indy

Last edited:

That make anyone happy?

You drive with TCS?

The problem is they are not used to "crappier" tyres.
They put all the tunes on RS tyres.

Why??

Maybe they should practice a bit more with "Comfort" tyres to learn how to modulate the throttle. ;)

raVer

That make anyone happy?

Exactly! 👍

@shmogt
maybe you are taking this too seriously, it is a competition yes but without these testers we would have no comp. The testers aren't getting paid to test your car they are volunteering. TCS aint a biggie like SRF and the other cant remember name.

@raver
I think you misread his post there mate :)

Back