RVR's 1st Annual 525PP European Car Shootout!!! Final Tester and Tuner Results! :D

• Thread starter Akira GT
  • 1,341 comments
Car unshared right now, Bob is breaking it in @ the 1000k enduro :D. Specs may change but I'll be sure to be at 525pp by the deadline. Happy racing :)

Okay since I've decided not to use the Land Rover Range Stormer here's something for all you bored tuners and drivers to do.:crazy::D
Take 1 Range Stormer add all engine/power enhancements possible. This should put you at 533PP. Then add 200kg ballast bringing total weight to 2700kg. Use power limiter to reduce remaining PP to 525. You should end up with 681HP and 738ft-lb torque. Tune suspension etc. to taste and using SS tires see how far under 1:31.847 you can get on Laguna Seca.
I love this monster but the Audi Pikes Peak is faster so that's most likely what I'll be using...unless of course I decide to actually try winning this thing in which case I'll pull out the secret weapon.:D

P.S. I can put the max weight fully loaded Range Stormer on share if anyone wants to play with it but doesn't own one.:)
Have you tried it at minimum weight? And yes, please do share.

Have you tried it at minimum weight? And yes, please do share.

I had 3 of them I did full weight reduction on the first and tried all sorts of different combinations of engine upgrades and power limiting, the second got stage 2 weight reduction and Windows plus all upgrades except the supercharger. The last one I didn't touch the weight just did engine upgrades on. Might just be my tuning and driving but the best lap times were all within a few tenths regardless and this max weight one just happened to pull the best time of the three.:crazy:

Car is now shared!👍👍

Going to subit FR's to remaining people on "testers" list now.

Deadline for tunes - 47 hrs, 18 minutes? Or is it 71 hrs 18 minutes?

Updated OP with times and a new tester deadline date
I know the date, but the world is round, which means that date will happen 24 times, to be exact.:sly:

Which one of the 24 times it turns 11:59 on August 8th is it?
(One of the things I love about being "around" people from all over the world, is it makes you consider everywhere. :) )

BMW M5 ´05

72326370.jpg

497 bhp , 1715 kg , 525 PP , SS tyres

Parts

Engine Rebuild
Wing
FC Transmission
FC LSD
Clutch : Twin Plate
Flywheel : Semi Racing
Carbon Propeller Shaft

Settings

Aero 0/5

Top Speed Slider at 168

LSD 10/40/20

Brakes 6/4

Use Power limiter for 525 PP (around 94.9%)

:P

Updated OP with times and a new tester deadline date

Thanks for the extra week Dylan. I was getting a little :nervous: since we're almost at 20 tunes again.

I know the date, but the world is round, which means that date will happen 24 times, to be exact.:sly:

Which one of the 24 times it turns 11:59 on August 8th is it?
(One of the things I love about being "around" people from all over the world, is it makes you consider everywhere. :) )

Can I suggest GMT as the base time? I think everyone should know how to convert it to their own time due to the game's reliance on it. 💡

Also can I confirm before I send the last few FRs this evening, ASCR421 is hosting AssassinTuner's entry and Onboy123 is hosting CyKosis1973's entry. All the other tuners are sharing their own entry. Yes?

Hey -raVer-, what's your PSN?

Alright, so at -raVer-'s request, I'll be hosting the entry. It's up for share now.

Last edited:
FR sent to all testers remaining from GTP_CSL.
May make a small tweak or two yet if nobody's fully finished with there times.

Don't think anyone's officially started their times yet.

Did you give the fat brit a run?

Not yet, twas busy with wrs then my first online tune, probably tomorrow though.

Hope the wrs went good. I'm waiting to see your signature change to D1 gold!👍👍

By the way your M5 looks great.

BMW M5 ´05

72326370.jpg

497 bhp , 1715 kg , 525 PP , SS tyres

Parts

Engine Rebuild
Wing
FC Transmission
FC LSD
Clutch : Twin Plate
Flywheel : Semi Racing
Carbon Propeller Shaft

Settings

Aero 0/5

Top Speed Slider at 168

LSD 10/40/20

Brakes 6/4

Use Power limiter for 525 PP (around 94.9%)

:P

:odd:

doesnt seem like much of a tune

Ill be making my final pick today , im completely stuck between 4-5 cars.

My problem is I keep hot lapping and tweaking and get myself angry at the cars lol

Ill be hosting my own car and ill add testers etc tomorrow when I post it.

LagunaSecaRaceway-1.jpg

Opel Speedster Turbo ECS '11
Based on Opel Speedster Turbo '00

Laguna Seca - Optimal Laptime: More or less under 1'30

Facts
Displacement: 1998 cc
Max. Power: 343 BHP / 7100 rpm
Max. Torque: 37 kgfm / 6600 rpm
Drivetrain: MR
Weight: 854 kg
Power to Weight Ratio: 2.49 kg/BHP
Performance Points: 525

Parts to buy

GT Auto
Oil Change
Wing "Type C"
Chassis Rebuild
Engine Rebuild

Tuning Shop
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catalytic Converter
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

Setup

Body / Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 0 / 16

Body / Chassis
Weight Adjustment

Ballast: 0
Ballast Location: 0

Engine
Power Limiter

Power Limiter: ~96% @525pp

Transmission
Transmission

(First default, then max speed, then individual gears, then final ratio)
1st: 2.767
2nd: 1.919
3rd: 1.502
4th: 1.243
5th: 1.028
Final: 3.673
Max Speed: 250

Drivetrain
Limited Slip Didderential

Initial Torque: 5
Acceleration Sensitivity: 26
Braking Sensitivity: 30

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height Adjustment (mm): -18 / -20
Spring Rate (kgf/mm): 5.0 / 5.0
Dampers (extension): 10 / 4
Dampers (compression): 10 / 4
Anti-Roll Bars: 1 / 1
Camber Angle (-): 2.0 / 2.0
Toe Angle: 0.10 / -0.45

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 3 / 3

Driving Options
Transmission: MT (recommended)
TCS: OFF (recommended)
Skid Recovery Force: OFF
Active Steering: OFF
ASM: OFF
ABS: 1

You asked for a hot european sports car? Okay, I present you....The Opel Speedster!!! *crowd laughing* Okay, it might not be the first thing that comes into mind when asked to think of something fast and european. And I'm quite certain that this car will not win this shootout, but at least the test drivers will get a fun driving session blasting their hot laps.

Tune is now shared online.

So only thing I'll have to do now is send FR to the testers? The PSN:s are in the 2nd post, right?

Yes and no…unfortunately, the 2nd post is managed by me, which is equivalent to having an ape manage it. But the good thing is that most testers use their PSN username as their GTP username, so everyone on that list, except for slipzTrEm, should be relatively easy to add. Or, I could be mean and get the testers to add the tuners as I have already added or been added by most of them, you included :D

Yes and no…unfortunately, the 2nd post is managed by me, which is equivalent to having an ape manage it. But the good thing is that most testers use their PSN username as their GTP username, so everyone on that list, except for slipzTrEm, should be relatively easy to add. Or, I could be mean and get the testers to add the tuners as I have already added or been added by most of them, you included :D

So everyone else are using their PSN as GTPname, except for slipzTrEm? I'll just add everyone I can and guess I'll have to just wait for slipzTrEm to add me...

Last edited:
Are we allowed to tweak our tunes still ? If so I'd like to make a small change to my camber and toe settings.

You asked for a hot european sports car? Okay, I present you....The Opel Speedster!!! *crowd laughing* Okay, it might not be the first thing that comes into mind when asked to think of something fast and european. And I'm quite certain that this car will not win this shootout, but at least the test drivers will get a fun driving session blasting their hot laps.

Tune is now shared online.

Oh this should be fun:tup: My Opel is broke in and shared as well. Definitly two different tunes. Fun car to drive though:dopey:

Last edited:
Having just finish my initial test(except those tuners I have mentioned in previous post), I'm going to start finial hot laps sometime later today. I want to thank all the tuners for some incredibly awesome tunes. It's been real fun throwing these cars around the Seca and can't wait until the next challenge.

Again Thanks,
Indy

Having just finish my initial test(except those tuners I have mentioned in previous post), I'm going to start finial hot laps sometime later today. I want to thank all the tuners for some incredibly awesome tunes. It's been real fun throwing these cars around the Seca and can't wait until the next challenge.

Again Thanks,
Indy
Hey Indy hope you know a few of us have yet to submit our cars/tunes! Look for my Pikes Peak either later today or early tomorrow.:D

Again Thanks,
Indy

So what would it cost to maybe "shave" a couple tenths off my time :D:lol::sly:. Hope you have fun:tup:

Gonna go send rest of the FR's now. ->

By the way, why my tune ain't linked onboy? No worries, there's no rush. Just wondering though...

Back