RVR's 1st Annual 525PP European Car Shootout!!! Final Tester and Tuner Results! :D

• Thread starter Akira GT
  • 1,341 comments
I was liking the land rover changed post sorry for the mix-up I won't do it again master
HeHeHe sorry to yell at you there Indy. Personally I love the Range Stormer but compared to the Pikes Peak I'll be entering its slow. Say about 1.5 seconds slower at this point and I'm looking to get the Audi even a little faster. Don't worry the the Audi is almost as big weighing in at nearly 2000kg.:D
I put the Rover on share so people who didn't have one could check out the Heaviest Eurocar and maybe see how hard they could really push it under the Shootout conditions.

My fault for causing confusion so sorry.

HeHeHe Don't worry the the Audi is almost as big weighing in at nearly 2000kg.:D
I put the Rover on share so people who didn't have one could check out the Heaviest Eurocar and maybe see how hard they could really push it under the Shootout conditions.

My fault for causing confusion so sorry.

Just for laughs I tried my damnedest to roll her in the Corkscrew, and damn near did :crazy::scared:

Just for laughs I tried my damnedest to roll her in the Corkscrew, and damn near did :crazy::scared:
Let me guess you tried slamming the brakes at the crest of the hill instead of before the crest and it spun sideways and skidded over the edge at the corkscrew.:D done that a few times myself but never tipped it.

Let me guess you tried slamming the brakes at the crest of the hill instead of before the crest and it spun sideways and skidded over the edge at the corkscrew.:D done that a few times myself but never tipped it.

yup that and I hit the E-break too no roll was going to send you that pic via PSN

yup that and I hit the E-break too no roll was going to send you that pic via PSN
Sounds good.:) Have found with both these monster SUVs that braking hard before the crest and swinging the nose around to point into the corkscrew so the left front tire just clips the rumble strip works great. The tire hits the rumble strip and I'm back on full throttle with my thumbstick slammed hard right the dip yanks the truck around and I'm through the corkscrew lined up perfectly for entry to the next corner...of course if you miss the timing or aren't lined up properly on entrance you'll either get red flaged or wind up in the wall.

Unless you are Sony :rolleyes:
Did they get the same release date this time? I know they counted them for the first GT academy, but other than in-game regions I think Aussie's always get the short end of the stick.

Just got off the phone with my son, Sunday dinner tomorrow and all. talked him into bringing his wheel so father and son bonding can grow and he can one up me for a week or so:lol: he's better than me, just want to see what his time are with a wheel might/might-not post them(prolley will).
Then probably go to the Dark Side(I saw the original in a theater in 1977)and it stuck not a true nerd but real close....

Indy

Just got off the phone with my son, Sunday dinner tomorrow and all. talked him into bringing his wheel so father and son bonding can grow and he can one up me for a week or so:lol: he's better than me, just want to see what his time are with a wheel might/might-not post them(prolley will).
Then probably go to the Dark Side(I saw the original in a theater in 1977)and it stuck not a true nerd but real close....

Indy

Very cool...especially the possibility of getting 2 test drivers for the price of 1!:D:tup:👍

Okay will post the Audi's tune in about half an hour (takes a while even using a template on the cell phone touch screen.) Will put the Audi on share as soon as I've posted the tune.

Did you know you can still get in shared cars in your own lobby? Just found that out last night.

I'm doing the final touches for my car, and it's sort of a sneak peek of what my big batch has to offer as this entry is a neutered version of a car that's in there on share. I just never get the lines right at Laguna and can't put a full perfect lap together so I'm not sure what time it can pull. How I won that Expert Seasonal and the Laguna endurance race still gets me. :lol:

Did they get the same release date this time? I know they counted them for the first GT academy, but other than in-game regions I think Aussie's always get the short end of the stick.

Yeah, counted for the first academy, but not the most recent one. And yes, we do get the short end, for example, a KVM that I was looking to buy for work costs in the UK 15GBP (23.50AUD), in the US 60USD (57.50AUD) or in Australia 160AUD. WTF!

OT - 46 hrs to go, looking forward to seeing the rest of the bunch.

Last edited:
Laguna is ta tricky little little winch, she has so many lines to caress. and she will not be tamed! outside The Glen this is the best road course/track in the United States(North America I'd Have to throw in Mosport)and maybe even Road America any way these are my favs..Laguna has been my TT since GT4.

Indy

Laguna is ta tricky little little winch, she has so many lines to caress. and she will not be tamed! outside The Glen this is the best road course/track in the United States(North America I'd Have to throw in Mosport)and maybe even Road America any way these are my favs..Laguna has been my TT since GT4.

Indy

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5405732#post5405732

You won't find a better line than this one.

FYI - Road America all the way! LOVE that track.

Wow, so two wheels in the dirt on every corner! Have to give this a try. It can only help. I think that I might be going to drag the averages down this time, because I seem to suck at this track..:ouch:
Well I wouldn't expect any of us to run anywhere near that good.
Just to show the general line, I'd recommend keeping tires off the dirt for this comp, these cars are faster and trickier.

Maybe so, but I seem to be well off the times the you guys are talking about with your tunes. I'll do my damndest though.

Just to show the general line, I'd recommend keeping tires off the dirt for this comp, these cars are faster and trickier.
Hey its a 4wd SUV the tires are supposed to be in the dirt aren't they?:crazy::lol:

That Pikes Peak Quattro is a good car if you tune it well! I was requested to tune one before! :embarrassed:
Think I got overly creative trying to make it an easier drive for everyone and cost it some speed. But I was running consistent green laps in the high 1:30 to low 1:31 range should of had a couple 1:29s but either blew the last corner onto the start/finish straight or caught a red flag on Rainey.

Think I got overly creative trying to make it an easier drive for everyone and cost it some speed. But I was running consistent green laps in the high 1:30 to low 1:31 range should of had a couple 1:29s but either blew the last corner onto the start/finish straight or caught a red flag on Rainey.

When your children said they wanted to go to California I don't think being hauled around Laguna Seca is a Audi Q7 is what they meant :P

When your children said they wanted to go to California I don't think being hauled around Laguna Seca is a Audi Q7 is what they meant :P

Probably as much of a rollercoaster ride as anything at disneyland though!

Hmm thought they said they wanted to go to Kalifornia...maybe that's where I went wrong?:crazy:

Ok I'm sorry for now posting ths but I won't be able to submit a tune for the euro shootout. I've been consoleless for the week now so I haven't been able to do any tuning or playing of that kind anyways. I hope you guys are havig fun and I'll keep a lookout for you guys. Till then have a blast.

That's really no good mate. Sorry to see you have to pull out. Hopefully you'll be able to be back in the future.

Ok I'm sorry for now posting ths but I won't be able to submit a tune for the euro shootout. I've been consoleless for the week now so I haven't been able to do any tuning or playing of that kind anyways. I hope you guys are havig fun and I'll keep a lookout for you guys. Till then have a blast.

Sad to see you not able to compete I had the YLOD on Christmas Day (Santa can be a *****) So I got a new Slim with my Christmas Money and also GT5 was still in my 60GB so me and dad opened that then 6 months later that same disk decided to take a stab at Ruining my Slims HDD so I promptly got a new disc

the lens failed on my slim. unfortunately seeing that i live in the Caribbean it is cheaper to try to get it fixed here than to send it back to the states. unfortunately once again the technician who is supposed to be repairing my console is rather unreliable so i am screwed. anytime i have been online in the last two months has been on a friend's ps3. all well i will be back.

Back