RVR's 1st Annual 525PP European Car Shootout!!! Final Tester and Tuner Results! :D

• Thread starter Akira GT
  • 1,341 comments
Temetias.
Gonna go send rest of the FR's now. ->

By the way, why my tune ain't linked onboy? No worries, there's no rush. Just wondering though...

Like I said, an ape would do this job better, I completely forgot about it...Great, isn't it, I go through all the trouble of signing up for this, get one of the most....reserved tuners to participate, but then forgot to put them into the list...

Like I said, an ape would do this job better, I completely forgot about it...Great, isn't it, I go through all the trouble of signing up for this, get one of the most....reserved tuners to participate, but then forgot to put them into the list...
Speaking of tuners not on the list...did dr_slump decide to sit this one out?

Yup, he has retired from tuning, it seems...

And I've linked the tune now, was hard work on a phone, now hush hush and lemme sleep :P
Retired!:embarrassed::(:boggled:

He wins the FF Shootout and retires? Guess at least he goes out a winner.

XDesperado67
Retired!:embarrassed::(:boggled:

He wins the FF Shootout and retires? Guess at least he goes out a winner.

Well, sort of. He has retired as a tuner, only to become a 'Yoda', a teacher :lol: that, or he's still an active tuner, but more focused on the black art of drag tuning.

Last edited:
So what would it cost to maybe "shave" a couple tenths off my time :D:lol::sly:. Hope you have fun:tup:

about 199 bucks, so I could buy a wheel:lol:

@X i did see your "ginger" cali killer, it's up next for initial runs.

Also why didn't anyone try the Stratos? PP limit?

Last edited:
Well, sort of. He has retired as a tuber, only to become a 'Yoda', a teacher :lol: that, or he's still an active tuner, but more focused on the black art of drag tuning.
I would retire as a tuber as well, heck is retire as a league or any other sort of root vegitable.:lol::crazy::lol:

about 199 bucks, so I could buy a wheel:lol:

I did along with a lot of others...down on PP and just didn't seem to grip as well on the SS tires. Think PD penalized a lot of older cars with narrower tires so they have a smaller contact patch.

XDesperado67
I would retire as a tuber as well, heck is retire as a league or any other sort of root vegitable.:lol::crazy::lol:

Oh hahahaha, damn autocorrect....I meant tuner! *mutters swear words and walks off*

OK today's stupid question? from me for the day(I know I know and I'm old too and I think I have oldtimers disease)
Checked out FF(love the search function)post and are we to do our reviews/times in this thread? didn't check whole thread but just how the testers did it from their links in the OP.
That is all
Indy

Last edited:
OK today's stupid question? from me for the day(I know I know and I'm old too and I think I have oldtimers disease)
Checked out FF(love the search function)post and are we to do our reviews/times in this thread? didn't check whole thread but just how the testers did it from their links in the OP.
That is all
Indy
You can post your times/reviews here or elsewhere. If posted someplace else you'll need to provide a link here. Either way its best if you make only one post for them and simply edit it for any changes that need to be made, such as adding new cars/tunes or updating times for previously tested cars/tunes. Make sure if/when you edit the post with your results that you let everyone know its been done by posting here that its been updated with new information.

Thanks "X" Think I'll keep it in here(as I am old and tend to lose things). getting ready to take out your semi-ginger rover for a shake down, I hope it doesn't flip over at the Corkscrew:lol:

Indy

I was going to say "Don't worry about it", but then I checked the 2nd post again and the link is messed up somehow. :lol: Not that I it would really be that important, but I just found it funny. Well maybe the third time... 👍 :D

about 199 bucks*, so I could buy a wheel:lol:

I tried the Stratos but could not keep the wheels under me with sport soft...that, and I'm not very good:guilty:

*It's not hunting season yet but I'll try when it is here in Wisconsin (get it?...Bucks? ... I'm an Idiot) :D

Last edited:
Once again America is under threat from our friends across the pond. Not from dictators and their Armies, but from their automobile makers.Tuners chose the EU cars to take on American Muscle and our Famed Northern California Track in Laguna Seca.Makers from Zonda, Opel, Audi, BMW, Lotus,Lamborghini, Caterham and yes Land Rover; have sent their machines to tuners around the world to see if the can take on the famous name of of the "Dry Lake's" history. Does the record from the famed Viper SRT10 ARC of 1.33.915 stand up or has one of the test drivers chosen, blown it it of the water? time will tell, stand by race fans.(Edit: Land Rover has pulled it's entry because it's Ginger!)

I am using a DS3 ABS 1 and driving line, everything else off. in initial testing I did use TC1 as to learn cars limits, but then turned them off for my hot laps. Hot laps consisted of 10 laps. Again thank to the tuners for some very great tunes........

In no special order: (if I don't have you listed please send FR to Indy_Racerfan)(*hosted by Onboy, **Hosted byASCR421,***hosted by Tris_73)

Zero_speed: Lotus Evora: 1:29.982 The very first car I tested and It came a long way since then. This car was fast light and loose with more grip than I thought It'd have. After I finally figured out breaking pressure and how deep I could take it, the balance became so much better and times fell as well. Zero thanks this was a great ride.

Shmogt: Lamborghini Mirua: 1:32.818 Very interesting choice to pull a classic out of the garage. Saw a small decrease in time over the whole run(.02x/lap). The thin tire issue came into play with this car, had to tip-toe thru the corners and jumping on the gas. I Know I left some on table, under better drivers hand this could easily do a low :31.xxx. Shmogt I added this tune to my Mirua! Thanks for the chance to drive this little treat.

Cykosis:* Caterham Seven Fireblade: 1:33.464 Thanks to On_Boy for hosting this car. WHAT A RIDE. This little Bloke was a real treat to throw around the Corkscrew and the whole track for that matter. Start her up jump on the throttle and go, lite to no breaking, feather thru the corners and jump back on the gas. wish I was sitting in the seat WOW!!! Thanks this was a fun one for me.

Madmyk: Pagani Zonda C12:1:29.319 Again had to adjust my driving style/line with this Italian beast. It Broke and turned as did it's sister car from Gf with the Audi's. had to keep reminding self to be gentle with the throttle, or the rear would snap you in half and get you in some nasty angles going/coming out of the corners(one of the initial test runs her arse came first through the corkscrew). Madmyk this was such a fun ride and loved your color choice as well

AssassinTuner:** BMW M3 ‘03:1:28.812 Thanks to ACSR421 for hosting this tune. The first of the sub 1:29.xxx laps I pulled and the sound of a Bavarian Dragon. My god this was sweet. I was going to steal Mazda's tag line for this, but i digress. rode on rails. And I feel my trusty DS3 let me down with this car. Assassin thank you,thank you I took your tune and changed the toe to suit my style on my M3.Again sweet sweet ride.

CSLACR: BMW M3 CSL ‘03: 1:28.959 Did you tune this just for me?(inserts Tag Line)Zoom Zoom..A true Dream drive. Best lap fell on lap 7 and I was shacking the stars lined up and everything slowed down saw my next apex a turn or two earlier(wish I would have saved the replay)and well that's all.Thank You

Dylanslo: Audi R8 4.2 ‘07: 1.29.650 The "red robin" rolled out and straight onto rails, and I enjoyed breaking late and jumping on the gas early. Feather the throttle and bang she was right through the 'screw and rainey was in the RV mirror heading for turn 11. for some reason beyond me the R8's didn't like Andretti like the others. but this was a joy to drive.Thanks Dylan for letting me in this R8
Posted wrong time of 28.xxx I deeply apologize for this FUBAR

GfxJG: Pagani Zonda C12 ‘00: 1:29.094 I did this tune no true justice and left far to much on the table as well. It shifted like a formula car, had breaks like a GT racer and balanced like a rocket. if in better hands than mine(reason #1500 why I want a wheel) or I was 15-20 years younger, this I feel could do a .27.xxx. Gf thanks this was a treat, wish I could have done better Again THANK YOU

KrenKme: Opel Speedster Turbo: 1:31.440 I thought I had come to grips with this one after initial runs, had to really concentrate on my line with this as well as throttle control or it's backside would come around. It was a blast going thru the corkscrew and I had my hand full under breaking in here as well as Andretti and it lost all it's grip took me time to finally break early and let it roll thru before lightly getting it back up to speed. Krenkme Thank You, while I enjoyed this it was a handful.

Praiano63: Audi R8 4.2 ‘07: 1:29.877 Rode on rails turned like no other(except it's sisters), took some time for me to find a line that worked. then I got the .29.8xx after running three plus seconds slower. It has a lot more in it and Andretti was my undoing(make or break)..One of my personal favorites. Thanks praiano this was such nice ride.

Slayer1002: BMW M3 CSL:1:29.065I had my hands full in turns 4 and 5 with this BEEMER. Tap, turn, roll a true joy.
but felt like I left to much on the track. and let down a very nice ride.. Slayer thanks this was a true blast.

XDesperado67: Audi Pike Peak:1:31.204 Say Hello to my Little friend...err,um. well you brought the biggest gun for sure(a tank :) ).While I was very disappointed to see Land Rover pulled it's entry from you ;) this was so much fun, Had some issues breaking into the Corkscrew but my god this was quick. XDesperado thank you for thinking way outside the box with this wicked wicked SUV.

Jackthalad: Audi R8 4.2:1.28.981 Man where did this come from, like it's sisters this stealthy R8 hated Andretti, looked more like Tanner Faust drifting in this corner and left way to much time here that couldn't get back with turn 3 up next(Hate this corner) but thought I got some of it back thru the CS and Rainey, but it wasn't what I thought. Thanks so much for this R8 tune, I had a blast in this car.

Temetias: Opel speedster Turbo:1:33.797 This Fraulein would not be tamed, a twitchy dame that need to be coddled rather than letting her hair down, it took all of my DS3 skill to keep her going the right direction(she may be a tramp) she had me going the wrong way so many times. but was one of the funnest trip I've been this Grun beauty will take alot but in the a trip well worth it.Thank so much what RUSH.

BigBerry: Lamborghini Countach LP400 '741:30.634I gave this childhood fantasy no justice at Laguna maybe on a little longer track, but I failed. The tail kept stepping out thru all the corners and to get her back on line was way out of my hands.BB thanks so much for this ride.

ACSR421: Audi TT Coupe'09: 1:28.305 It took me all ten laps to get this time, was having big lag issues with the triggers on my DS3. was running .29.3's-30.0's and was content until lap eight when a .29.044 and I buckled down and pulled a rabbit out of my arse. Was another of the tunes for me engine breaking was key when rolling through the corners, then jumped all over the throttle and got thrown back in the seat(lots of torque) from this little mango monster.Thank You ACSR my TT now has this tune .

-raVer- :*** BMW M5:1.:28.862thanks to tris_73 for hosting this tune.Right out of the box I was thrilled with this,and again under a better drivers hand this time would be quicker. I was blown away it stuck it rolled and it took off. Thanks, just Thanks

dr_slump: BMW M3 coupe '07:1:29.159 The Doc is in! Slick as snot on a hogs belly, this dog came to hunt and did it well. Had to adjust my favorite line to get this to turn like the Audi's and when I had it down this stayed right on line.DOC Thanks for a sweet tune.

Mafia_boy: Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4:1:29.826 I Gave it all I could Captain,she's got no more..This bull came neutered out of the box, it still had horns. and was bucking me in turns 5 and 10. and it's empty backside was in motion.Thanks Mafia for this sweet White Rabbit.

A HUGE THANKS to Dylan and RVR For the SHOOTOUT/U]

I couldn't come to a clear Drivers Choice Award. I loved them all. But I have to go with CSLACR's M3 CSL
You all deserve to win I can't thank you enough for letting me into your little world,and hope I may be allowed to do this again.
AGAIN THANK YOU TUNERS!!!!!!

Last edited:
Once again America is under threat from our friends across the ponds. Not from dictators and their Armies, but from their automobile makers.Tuners chose the EU cars to take on American Muscle and our Famed Northern California Track in Laguna Seca.Makers from Zonda, Opel, Audi, BMW, Lotus,Lamborghini, Caterham and yes Land Rover; have sent their machines to tuners around the world to see if the can take on the famous name of of the "dry Lake's" history. Does the record from the famed Viper SRT10 ARC of 1.33.915 stand up or has one of the test drivers chosen, blown it it of the water? time will tell, stand by race fans.

I am using a DS3 ABS 1 and driving line, everything else off. in initial testing I did use TC1 as to learn cars limits, but then turned them off for my hot laps. Hot laps consisted of 10 laps. Again thank to the tuners for some very great tunes........

In no special order: (if I don't have you listed please send FR to Indy_Racerfan)

Zero_speed: Lotus Evora

Shmogt: Lamborghini Mirua

Cykosis: Caterham Seven Fireblade

Madmyk: Pagani Zonda C12

AssassinTuner: BMW M3 ‘03

CSLACR: BMW M3 CSL ‘03

Dylanslo: Audi R8 4.2 ‘07

GfxJG: Pagani Zonda C12 ‘00

KrenKme: Opel Speedster Turbo (a calm breeze in the face of the record :))

Praiano63: Audi R8 4.2 ‘07

Slayer1002: BMW M3 CSL

XDesperado67: Ranger Stormer

Jackthalad: Audi R8 4.2

Temetias: Opel speedster Turbo

Great post up!👍 It's good to see what the tuners have presented. This is a very fun shootout:), just one thing - no Elise?:confused:....oh and on a side note would one "30 pointer" equal 199 bucks?...just askin':dopey:

Last edited:
Did not know, awesome. And that's on S1's. :P

didn't see tire option the Corvette ZR1 has a time of 1.35.800 and again don't know tires. I've knocked these times out of the park with some of the tunes sub .30's on a couple

don't know word one about hunting except it's as boring as fishing and golf(I like golf) i'm from Chicago we hunted tail in cotton panties not furry tailed, four legged animals:lol:

don't know word one about hunting except it's as boring as fishing and golf(I like golf) i'm from Chicago we hunted tail in cotton panties not furry tailed, four legged animals:lol:

Never hunted myself either, but I do drive truck for a living :)

Does Australia count as part of Europe?

They are two, totally separate continents.
Half the world apart, I'd say not in the slightest.

didn't see tire option the Corvette ZR1 has a time of 1.35.800 and again don't know tires. I've knocked these times out of the park with some of the tunes sub .30's on a couple
I assume they are real world times, which means pretty much the same tires as each other, but IRL, with it's downforce, the ACR outmatches the ZR1 badly.

They are two, totally separate continents.
Half the world apart, I'd say not in the slightest.

I assume they are real world times, which means pretty much the same tires as each other, but IRL, with it's downforce, the ACR outmatches the ZR1 badly.

Unless you are Sony :rolleyes:

Indy the Range Stormer is NOT my entry for the shootout!

I'll be posting the tune for my Audi Pikes Peak which is my entry.

Back