RVR's 1st Annual 525PP European Car Shootout!!! Final Tester and Tuner Results! :D

• Thread starter Akira GT
  • 1,341 comments
CSLACR
If you want, I'll see what I can extract from the 'ole M3.

445HP, one click from 446HP, must use stage 2 engine tuning, no sports ECU.

Yeah, I never put a stage 3 engine tuning. As I said earlier, I get 449hp using the Tuned ECU, and stock exhaust Manifold/Catalytic converter. It also hooks up the P/W ratio a slight bit lower than the CSL. Should be a good race ;)

Your 0 ABS gripe doesn't make sense. Yeah it rotates when the tires get red hot, not when they lock ;) what's your issue though, it's supposed to. So you turned ABS back on? Why?

Last edited:
Right, in a rather arse about way, I'm throwing my lot in. I wasn't going to, but then I thought maybe you guys would like to drive something emotional.

When I say emotional, you'll be laughing and crying in equal measures. This is the combined effort of a friend of mine and myself. I've used some of his actual settings from his own car, and amalgamated them with some stuff I'd already done.

OnBoy has kindly agreed to host the car for me, as I'm about to depart for a week on my summer hols. I'll keep tabs here, but I won't be of much use otherwise.

The details of the car can be found here;

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5693493#post5693493

{Cy}

EDIT - If anyone has some specific advice or suggestions about the car, could you PM me?? There's ever cahnce I'll miss posts here. Sorry...

Right, in a rather arse about way, I'm throwing my lot in. I wasn't going to, but then I thought maybe you guys would like to drive something emotional.

When I say emotional, you'll be laughing and crying in equal measures. This is the combined effort of a friend of mine and myself. I've used some of his actual settings from his own car, and amalgamated them with some stuff I'd already done.

OnBoy has kindly agreed to host the car for me, as I'm about to depart for a week on my summer hols. I'll keep tabs here, but I won't be of much use otherwise.

The details of the car can be found here;

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5693493#post5693493

{Cy}

EDIT - If anyone has some specific advice or suggestions about the car, could you PM me?? There's ever cahnce I'll miss posts here. Sorry...
Real quick you say the ballast was to bring the car inline with real world specs. Is the real world weight distribution of your friends car maintained by your positioning of that weight? At work currently so I can't do a build up of the car and see things like weight distribution etc. Also any idea of how your power curve compares to the real world one your friend has?

Real quick you say the ballast was to bring the car inline with real world specs. (1) Is the real world weight distribution of your friends car maintained by your positioning of that weight? At work currently so I can't do a build up of the car and see things like weight distribution etc. (2) Also any idea of how your power curve compares to the real world one your friend has?

(1) - Nope, I left the ballast centred in the end, I did try repositioning it to get closer to a 51/49, but it all went a bit weird.

(2) - I doubt it, his car has the old K-Series engine.

I've looked at Honda Fireblade ratios too, nothing close. Just wish PD had given us a regular Seven, and one that was at least close to the real world weight. This could be an awesome car...

{Cy}

Last edited:
@ Cy darn it just went to GT5 remote site to check GT5 mail and saw your taking down the Fireblade,(Damn 24 Hr races) Onboy please please send a FR to me so as I can jump in it in 2 hrs 15min
Indy_Racerfan(PSN)

TIA
Indy

@ Cy darn it just went to GT5 remote site to check GT5 mail and saw your taking down the Fireblade,(Damn 24 Hr races) Onboy please please send a FR to me so as I can jump in it in 2 hrs 15min
Indy_Racerfan(PSN)

TIA
Indy

Yeah, sorry about that Sir. You can find the build specs HERE. Otherwise, chase down our OnBoy :mischievous:

{Cy}

Indy_Racerfan(PSN)

TIA
Indy

Will do so! In 2 hours, 14 minutes and 59 seconds :D

CyKosis1973
Yeah, sorry about that Sir. You can find the build specs HERE. Otherwise, chase down our OnBoy :mischievous:

{Cy}

Nice a fireblade. I was looking at that car but the pp was threw the roof and I drove it before and wasn't as fast as I'd hoped so I didn't bother to try it for this. We will see if I should of tho.

Nice a fireblade. I was looking at that car but the pp was threw the roof and I drove it before and wasn't as fast as I'd hoped so I didn't bother to try it for this. We will see if I should of tho.

Indeed, I had to add a bucket of weight to it, 130kg to be precise. However, it still doesn't break 500kg :eek: I think it does benefit from the extra weight, less prone to end up in a ditch. That doesn't mean you won't switch ends rather more rapidly than you'd like if you abuse it. I'm keen to see what it'll do with a decent driver behind the wheel.

All that being said, when you nail a corner or a section in this car, your smile will be unmatched. It's an emotional car...

{Cy}

I really can't wait to see what it does in the corkscrew and rainey..I tried mine at the ring and was scared for my life and even turned up TC scary scary scary

YESSSS! 10 min and I can drive again (BOBs turned a 5.54.744 the have "wings)

Question of the day since tuners have to have tunes in on Monday the 8th, can we start posting reviews/times the same day or should we wait to Tuesday the 9th of August?

TIA
Charles

I really can't wait to see what it does in the corkscrew and rainey..I tried mine at the ring and was scared for my life and even turned up TC scary scary scary

Go easy on the brakes into the corkscrew, in fact contemplate starting to brake on the crest. Squirt of power over the edge into the abyss. Lift off through the trough and get right back on it as soon as you dare.

Rainey is sublime, get it right and you can just drive straight through it. Shouldn't need more than a tiny lift of the loud pedal otherwise.

Of course, this is whilst I'm driving, you could well be carrying a lot more speed than me. Did find in the Harvey's Shootout that I could take some corners quicker than guys that were faster over a lap than me. Just because I approached a few mph slower than them and could stay on the gas.

Calm, measured inputs, try to make sure the wheels are straight under heavy braking and accelerating and she'll look after you...

{Cy}

Side Tracked again (what's new) got my Savage XL :D it's a BEAST but needs a new clutch I think, seems to slip. I'm checking out a few clutch upgraded if it's the Engine that just overpowers it.

fb89ac38.jpg

ecc2736d.jpg

So it's Monday that Testers can start sharing times. I'm always interested in seeing what people can do with the various cars in the Shootout. I think every Shootout needs a WRS driver to push them all to the limits.

Side Tracked again (what's new) got my Savage XL :D it's a BEAST but needs a new clutch I think, seems to slip. I'm checking out a few clutch upgraded if it's the Engine that just overpowers it.

*very nice pictures*

Is that normal hobbies in the states?! :eek: :embarrassed: I want one!!! :D :D

Anyways, FR sent early cuz I can't be bothered to stay up for 2 hours :)

Indy Racerfan
Thanks Cy. Mine was a handful she kept wanting to flip over.

I've had a hard time flipping cars in GT5. I can get it at the HS Ring, but other than that. I've rolled maybe twice & been playing since Feb/March. Funny when it does though.

Question, I haven't been home in awhile so maybe they already did but do I send out the friend requests to the testers or do they send me one?

Where does everyone go to find the names for all the track corners? Some are easy to figure out for someone like me who is a fairly casual real world race fan, like the corkscrew at Laguna Seca or the Carousel at Nürburgring but most of the corners people reference by name I'm clueless about.

While I'm at it is it just me and my driving or is that last turn onto the start/finish straight the toughest corner to get right here at Laguna Seca? I lose more time with bad cornering there than anyplace else.

Question, I haven't been home in awhile so maybe they already did but do I send out the friend requests to the testers or do they send me one?
Either way works.:D

The turn after the corkscrew is Rainey, and the Hair pin turn 2 is Andretti, the straight before the corkscrew is Rahal. those are the only names on the track. thought one of the corners(5) was called Jones(Parnelli) but that all the named ones

Indy

used wiki track guide for track I dont know

Last edited:
The turn after the corkscrew is Rainey, and the Hair pin turn 2 is Andretti, the straight before the corkscrew is Rahal. those are the only names on the track. thought one of the corners(5) was called Jones(Parnelli) but that all the named ones

Indy

used wiki track guide for track I dont know
Thanks for the info Indy.
My real life race knowledge is mostly limited to 1/8 and 1/4 mile drags and circle track sprint races. Love those Outlaws wish PD had put a couple in the game and a dirt oval for them.

Thanks Cy. Mine was a handful she kept wanting to flip over.

My pleasure. She won't sit still under you, but keep it all pointing the right direction and you'll be fine. Turn 4, 6 and the entry to the corkscrew are the real danger zones, too much going into or out of and you'll end up facing the wrong way. Light and early with the brakes, coast the apex and get on it when you can. 👍

While I'm at it is it just me and my driving or is that last turn onto the start/finish straight the toughest corner to get right here at Laguna Seca? I lose more time with bad cornering there than anyplace else.

That's the 2nd hardest corner for me, difficult to judge the braking distance and your exit speed from the previous corner affects where your braking point is. My worst is the first hairpin. I sometimes feel like I don't know how to drive going around there :indiff:

{Cy}

Andretti is the hardest for me as there are at-least 3 good lines you can use and I screw-up any combination of them all the time. and if you don't hit rainey on exit right it's a biotch to get 10 right.. Laguna has been my primary TT since GT4 love this track

Indy

Cy what a nice little bloke you made initial run(4 laps) was a nice low .3X.xxx and very nicely balanced

Indy

XDesperado67
Thanks for the info Indy.
My real life race knowledge is mostly limited to 1/8 and 1/4 mile drags and circle track sprint races. Love those Outlaws wish PD had put a couple in the game and a dirt oval for them.

Whut you running on that 1/4 mile? I haven't been to the Track this year (tired of breakin ish on my only car currently) I'm gonna get a new Beater for winter, as I totaled my Accord EXR.

Last year, on Street Tires (Yeah, they use full slicks or Drag Radials often, I don't.) with my clutch finished and slipping first (raping my 0-60footer to I think 2.5 to 2.8 if I remember correctly. I hit the Trap at 13.4 @ 107mph. I would hit it faster but at a slower speed had I had the new clutch/throw-out bearing (mine was fried to ish) installed. Plans are to have her RTR next season when I have a decent Beater. Ohh yeah, I'm running a MKII GTi with a 98 VR6 Swap. The list of aftermarket goodies is long, next step is Boost & 4-Motion.

It would be sweet if we got to do engine Swaps in GT5. That Feature had me buying a XBox & playing a bunch of Forza back in tha day.

Back