RVR's 1st Annual 525PP European Car Shootout!!! Final Tester and Tuner Results! :D

• Thread starter Akira GT
  • 1,341 comments
XDesperado67
HeHe yeah you could take it off share and fully break it in and that is actually the recommended course of action.

Would also say that it might be a chance with Dylan's approval to make any final adjustments to your tune since actual time trials by the test drivers hasn't commenced yet.

I hate to do it, but instead of using more limiter return the Catalytic converter & exhaust manifold to stock (one of them already was) then adjust the limiter from there.

That will give me 449hp I'm happy with that.

I hate to do it, but instead of using more limiter return the Catalytic converter & exhaust manifold to stock (one of them already was) then adjust the limiter from there.

That will give me 449hp I'm happy with that.
Yup, you only need a small flat spot at the top of the powerband, usually 96% or higher, everything else just adds wheel spin and general weird driving behavior, from what I've seen.

Hummmmm....give up 50/50 weight for more hp....:indiff:..not sure. If it goes over the 525pp (assumeing it will) I'll lose the balance...oh boy. oh who am I kidding I'm not that good I think I'll just leave it:dopey:.....unless everyone thinks I should.....:boggled::boggled::boggled:...I'll get back to you tomarrow:dopey:
Not suggesting you redo everything just suggesting you fully break the car in then see how much ballast you actually need to achieve your 50/50. I believe your max power will be around 360HP and you'll only need around 77Kg ballast. Even then and with full wing you should be under 525PP but not positive.

Not suggesting you redo everything just suggesting you fully break the car in then see how much ballast you actually need to achieve your 50/50. I believe your max power will be around 360HP and you'll only need around 77Kg ballast. Even then and with full wing you should be under 525PP but not positive.
Weight distribution effects PP.
Another reason it usually doesn't help to add weight for balance, except in very low weight cars, usually 900KG or less, I believe.

Another reason it usually doesn't help to add weight for balance, except in very low weight cars, usually 900KG or less, I believe.

Yep and his Speedster turbo is 944kg with 90kg ballast and I believe he said 511PP and 351HP. The gain in PP from reducing his ballast and fully breaking in his engine should leave him right around 518PP I believe.(my numbers generated with a Vauxhall BC220 turbo instead of an Opel Speedster Turbo so there might be a one or two point difference but that's all.)

Even after it's broke in, the ballast would still be the same to get 50/50...right? Maybe 50/50 is not that important but the car felt right to me:)

Right now the car is at 944kg with 90kg added...so this would help..right?:confused:

Even after it's broke in, the ballast would still be the same to get 50/50...right? Maybe 50/50 is not that important but the car felt right to me:)

Right now the car is at 944kg with 90kg added...so this would help..right?:confused:
I would say no, because you're not even at max PP, so it's just extra weight.

All I can tell you for certain, is I would drive faster laps without the weight, though that may not be the case for everyone.

The weight distribution will effect your suspension tune so keeping it 50/50 means you shouldn't have to make any changes to the suspension. You can tune for a different weight distribution but that requires more work.
I'm not positive but I believe you can reduce your ballast to 77kg and still maintain a 50/50.

Note just built up an Opel Speedster Turbo with your parts list. Fully broken in 360HP, Wing at 20, 77kg ballast = 50/50 weight distribution, 518PP.

If you wanted to retune your suspension removing the wing and not adding any weight would leave you at 524PP, with wing set to 5 you need 3kg ballast to make 525PP.

Last edited:
You've gave me something to think about, thank you all for the imput! :D Long trip in a couple hours (5). Need to shut my eyes (old Man Here:)). I'll check back tomarrow to see where I can improve. Are all the shootouts this fun? :cheers:

You've gave me something to think about, thank you all for the imput! :D Long trip in a couple hours (5). Need to shut my eyes (old Man Here:)). I'll check back tomarrow to see where I can improve. Are all the shootouts this fun? :cheers:
Take it easy on the road Mon and yeah we're trying to make them fun and a good way to exchange ideas and information.👍👍:gtpflag:

Ok question about online cars. If you use someone's online car can others se it at the same time? Also can people change settings that save for someone else's online car? Finally I have a bunch of cars people use everyday for that hard seasonal event and my pp and HP went up eventually but I don't think miles or wins etc were counted. How does that work?

-raVer-
So I checked this M3

I´m at 448 bhp , 525PP and 99.2 % Power Limiter ;)

raVer

Go back, change the parts (like I said) returning all exhaust parts to stock except the titanium racing exhaust, put the power limiter to 99.9 or 99.8 and you will get 449 ;)

But that's irrelevant we already know that it's under 455hp to be at 525pp ;) that's beside the point you keep on missing. Your name should be "obliVious" not raVer, your unlike any of the easy going "Ravers" I grew up with, Helll I lived at after hours clubs... Do you walk around with a pacifier, big over sized chain & colorful clothing?

CSLACR
Yup, you only need a small flat spot at the top of the powerband, usually 96% or higher, everything else just adds wheel spin and general weird driving behavior, from what I've seen.

I really agree. It give gains using the limited from like 95 to 100. Any lower actually hurts your PP vs using less upgraded parts, precisely why I opted to loose the part and use less limiting, netted me a HP and got my power to weight ratio to a respectable 2.79 kg/HP.

Ok question about online cars. If you use someone's online car can others se it at the same time? Also can people change settings that save for someone else's online car? Finally I have a bunch of cars people use everyday for that hard seasonal event and my pp and HP went up eventually but I don't think miles or wins etc were counted. How does that work?
Nope, you can change anything you want while driving, but everything returns to original as soon as you stop using it.
I've bought parts for shared cars before, and while it takes your money, the parts will disappear.

Go back, change the parts (like I said) returning all exhaust parts to stock except the titanium racing exhaust, put the power limiter to 99.9 or 99.8 and you will get 449 ;)

But that's irrelevant we already know that it's under 455hp to be at 525pp ;) that's beside the point you keep on missing. Your name should be "obliVious" not raVer, your unlike any of the easy going "Ravers" I grew up with, Helll I lived at after hours clubs... Do you walk around with a pacifier, big over sized chain & colorful clothing?

I did what you said and the result is:

441 bhp at 99.8%

raVer

Don't want to get my head blown off or anything (the only PP I've ever calculated was into a cup at the doctor :embarrassed: ) but could it be down to something like an oil change or rebuild that is causing this discrepancy? If I ever find the car I can try it but still waiting on that front...

Hmm…3 pages of trash talking in one night……

and every post Assassin has made reminds me of another person………………

Could it be…………

Da No_OBsT33R? :eek:

Don't want to get my head blown off or anything (the only PP I've ever calculated was into a cup at the doctor :embarrassed: ) but could it be down to something like an oil change or rebuild that is causing this discrepancy? If I ever find the car I can try it but still waiting on that front...
I think its more of using different parts along with the power limiter to achieve a certain hp at said PP level, that and the CSL may have an unseen advantage. I just mix and match parts to get the most torque for the PP level but I may be using the wrong approach in doing this.

I think its more of using different parts along with the power limiter to achieve a certain hp at said PP level, that and the CSL may have an unseen advantage. I just mix and match parts to get the most torque for the PP level but I may be using the wrong approach in doing this.
Of course it does, it's a CSL. ;)
The truth is, power to weight means nothing for PP, lighter cars have the advantage, to a certain point, which the CSL (1153KG) has not reached.

The M3 GTR is faster than the CSL for this comp, just not by much. Hope that helps clear the air.

ACSR421

raVer you've obviously done something wrong :P ;)

That's my take on it. I juggle around parts to get my HP where I think it's best for the PP.

I'm cut 6hp from where I was running, not a big deal really, but Since prep for these shootouts involves testing and comparing cars tweaked to a specific PP. That level varying from car to car for me is too much until I get a PS3 on OFW.

Onboy, you can give it a rest already. (o_O) That record has played out.

raVer you've obviously done something wrong :P ;)

That's my take on it. I juggle around parts to get my HP where I think it's best for the PP.

I'm cut 6hp from where I was running, not a big deal really, but Since prep for these shootouts involves testing and comparing cars tweaked to a specific PP. That level varying from car to car for me is too much until I get a PS3 on OFW.

Onboy, you can give it a rest already. (o_O) That record has played out.
If you want, I'll see what I can extract from the 'ole M3.
Well, either way I'm going to, but I'll let you know the outcome.

445HP, one click from 446HP, must use stage 2 engine tuning, no sports ECU.
I could share it, but I'd prefer someone NOT entering another M3 shares it, as I worry we'll get results mixed up by anyone not paying attention.

My main question, being only the third time I've driven without ABS in the game, is "how bout dem fisics"? While the front tires are locked, and glowing red, it still magically spins if you turn the wheel. Ran about 10 laps before I got completely sick of it, managed a 1:29.1xx.
I would have ran with ABS, but decided to leave that a mystery until some testers drive. ;)

Last edited:
Yes. And glad you took my advice :D Welcome to the dark side :dopey:

@Temetias you can post your tune either here or in your garage with a link to it posted here if you don't want to post the tune twice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like its going to be the Pikes Peak. The Range Stormer is about half a second slower no matter what I do it seems. The Audi has a lot better weight distribution to start with so its easier to tune and drive hard.

LLooks like its going to be the Pokes Peak. The Range Stormer is about half a second slower no matter what I do it seems. The Audi has a lot better weight distribution to start with so its easier to tune and drive hard.

:lol: :D Autocorrect FTW!!! :D

Back