RVR's 1st Annual 525PP European Car Shootout!!! Final Tester and Tuner Results! :D

• Thread starter Akira GT
  • 1,341 comments
I would like to officially like to enter this shootout. My car is ready ( I'm just about 150 miles away from home right now), so in a few hours the car will be ready to share and tune will be posted here and in my garage. It would be a privilege to be apart :)

Oh ****! Did I forget to add you to the list?!?! ARGHHHH!!!!!!! ****!!!!****!!!!****!!!!****!!!!****!!!!****!!!!****!!!!****!!!!****!!!!!!!!! ****!!!! I'm sorry for that terrible fail by me, and after adding you to the list, I'll have to commit suicide.

*Cocks gun, fires*

*BANG!*

*dies*

Last edited:
Oh ****! Did I forget to add you to the list?!?! ARGHHHH!!!!!!! ****!!!!****!!!!****!!!!****!!!!****!!!!****!!!!****!!!!****!!!!****!!!!!!!!! ****!!!! I'm sorry for that terrible fail by me, and after adding you to the list, I'll have to commit suicide.

*dies*

No worries, just my first shoot out and I wanted to make sure I was in :D. No suicide someone needs to keep this thing in line :)

You know if you commit suicide you'll never get to drive my SUV...of course some might see that as a reason to commit suicide!:lol::crazy:

Of course…………

I ain't that dead…………

I did survive………

So expect for this shootout to continue with my ghost haunting this place………………

I'm really starting to like this shootout because of the variety of cars we're seeing. Classic Supercars, edgy sports cars, sedans, my SUV (when I decide which one:D:crazy:). All we need is a hot hatch or two and some FF madness to cover the entire range of cars available...anyone game for taking the oddballs and putting them through their paces?

I was trying to tune a Audi A2 but could only get 1:38.xxx out of her :D

ACSR421
I was just messing with you about the CS tires it's on SS. I believe the mileage is 14k and its a stock dark metallic grey color. I'll have to check on the other stats.

Thanks, much appreciated. Keep me posted on those specs. Thanks.

I was trying to tune a Audi A2 but could only get 1:30.xxx out of her :D
Guess it depends on your driving...for me a 1:30 is a very good time with this PP and tires for others a 1:30 is 1-3 seconds off their best so...:D

I was just messing with you about the CS tires it's on SS. I believe the mileage is 14k and its a stock dark metallic grey color. I'll have to check on the other stats.

One of my favorite paint colors is the Sparkling Graphite Metallic that comes on the premium M3 Coupe '07...just a suggestion. 💡

1;38.xxx, stupid big thumbs on a blackberry
Oh...Hehe yep that would probably be a bit slow for anyone:D
If I might suggest it check out some of the French FFs. Can make a lot of power at this PP so its just tuning them to grip and turn good enough. For S&Gs I unrestricted Kermit my C4 entry for the FF Shootout and without making any other changes just missed a 1:31. Not sure how much more I could get out of it with further tuning if I really tried.

The God of Engineering Audi R8 4.2 FSI R tronic '07
yqDBJ.jpg

388BHP - 525PP - 1264Kg

What to buy:
Weight Loss - Stage 3
Window Weight Loss
Carbon Bonnet (Colour)
Fully Custom Transmission
LSD
Torque Distribution
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller shaft
Fully Custom Suspension
Sports Soft Tires

The Tune

Power Limiter
Limit To: 95.8%

Transmission
1st Gear - 3.830
2nd Gear - 2.904
3rd Gear - 2.264
4th Gear - 1.801
5th Gear - 1.504
6th Gear - 1.278
Final Gear - 3.462
Top Speed 155Mph (After changes 148Mph)

LSD
Initial Torque - 27/31
Acceleration - 53/57
Braking - 9/12

Torque Distribution
45/55

Suspension
Ride Height: -5/-15
Spring Rate: 11.7/10.4
Dampers Ext: 8/9
Dampers Comp: 3/7
Anti-Roll Bars: 6/7
Camber Angle: 2.1/1.7
Toe Angle: -0.12/-0.26

Brake Balance
4/9

That's how we do it over at RVR!

Oh...Hehe yep that would probably be a bit slow for anyone:D
If I might suggest it check out some of the French FFs. Can make a lot of power at this PP so its just tuning them to grip and turn good enough. For S&Gs I unrestricted Kermit my C4 entry for the FF Shootout and without making any other changes just missed a 1:31. Not sure how much more I could get out of it with further tuning if I really tried.

Bugger, that answers my question. I was wondering in a 1:35 entry was competitive ... apparently not :indiff:

{Cy}

I really like that Dark Pewter Metallic Black. Not sure where it came from, just know it looks Sexy on the Beemers, I usually have the Matte Black or Matte Dark Grey.

On another note, I closed the deal on a modified Savage XL, 2 rolling chassis minus the servos (but I got plenty of those) & 3 spare motors (4.1, 4.6, & 5.9) one runs the other 2 need sleeves, all for $650. wasn't sure I was going to land this one or another deal. Also got a OS-18Tz engine for my RS4 Evo 3 I'm going to grab. Drag racing these things is fun.

Bugger, that answers my question. I was wondering in a 1:35 entry was competitive ... apparently not :indiff:

{Cy}

Cy add me on PSN Indy_Racerfan, I'm not the best driver here; but Laguna is one of my Favorite TT and I'm a test driver for this event.

TIA
Indy

{Cy}

It's hard to compare times here. Indy is about two seconds faster than me on my car so far. Try one of the other posted tunes and see if you can get sub 1:30 on it. If you can, then it is your car and tune. If you are closer to 1:35 then your tune is probably good.

This is absolutely not intended to be critical of your tuning or your driving, just trying to give you a way to level set. I am an average driver and tuner and I feared I would be left in the dust with all the sub 1:30 times being mentioned. It turns out I can't drive that great and I'm okay with that. I might not be able to tune all that well either, we will have to see, but I don't care anymore, I'm having fun!

Cy add me on PSN Indy_Racerfan, I'm not the best driver here; but Laguna is one of my Favorite TT and I'm a test driver for this event.

TIA
Indy

I've sent a request, good Sir. The car is shared, it's the only Euro one I've got up. I know the car will go round quicker than 1:35, I was about 2 seconds adrift from the better drivers during the last shootout.

Go easy on the brakes, you can carry a stupid amount of speeds through some of the corners. You'll probably know better than I :mischievous:

Thanks in advance...
{Cy}

I fear I may have brought a Butter Knife to a gun fight!
The Opel Speedster Turbo '00 "butter knife"
mazdaracewaylagunaseca1.jpg

Weighing in at 931kg
Producing 360bhp
At 518pp

The Stuff!

Weight Reduction
Stage 3
Window
Engine
Stage 3
ECU
Intake
Manifold
Racing Filter
Exhaust
Racing
Manifold
Catalytic
Turbo kits
High RPM
Gear Box
Custom
Drivetrain
Twin Plate
Semi Racing
LSD
Suspension
Custom

The Tune\

WEIGHT ADJUSTMENT
77kg @ -50

Down Force
0/20

LSD
17/41/12

Gears (first set top speed then Final...then the rest:nervous:)
Top speed - 112 mph
Final - 3.125
1st - 3.999
2nd - 2.779
3rd - 2.048
4th - 1.590
5th - 1.275

Ride Hight - Front: -10 Rear: -13
Spring Rate - Front : 5.6 Rear: 5.3
Extension - Front: 5 Rear: 8
Compression - Front: 3 Rear: 5
Anti-Roll - Front: 1 Rear: 5

Camber - Front: 2.5 Rear: 4.0
Toe - Front: 0.17 Rear: 0.10

Brekes - Front: 5 Rear: 7

It's not at the 525pp because its not quite broken in and I added weight for ballance. Well there it is the "Butter Knife":scared::nervous::dunce:

Last edited:
It's hard to compare times here. Indy is about two seconds faster than me on my car so far. Try one of the other posted tunes and see if you can get sub 1:30 on it. If you can, then it is your car and tune. If you are closer to 1:35 then your tune is probably good.

This is absolutely not intended to be critical of your tuning or your driving, just trying to give you a way to level set. I am an average driver and tuner and I feared I would be left in the dust with all the sub 1:30 times being mentioned. It turns out I can't drive that great and I'm okay with that. I might not be able to tune all that well either, we will have to see, but I don't care anymore, I'm having fun!

A good point, well made. I'll give that a go later. Time Trialing isn't my forte, running some other cars as a benchmark is a smart idea... 👍

{Cy}

Exactly what I was thinking:tup:

krenkme
I fear I may have brought a Butter Knife to a gun fight!
The Opel Speedster Turbo '00 "butter knife"

Weighing in at 944kg
Producing 352bhp (not broke in yet)
At 514pp at the moment (not broke in yet)

The Stuff!

Weight Reduction
Stage 3
Window
Engine
Stage 3
ECU
Intake
Manifold
Racing Filter
Exhaust
Racing
Manifold
Catalytic
Turbo kits
High RPM
Gear Box
Custom
Drivetrain
Twin Plate
Semi Racing
LSD
Suspension
Custom

The Tune\

WEIGHT ADJUSTMENT
90kg @ -50

Down Force
0/20

LSD
17/29/12

Gears (first set top speed then Final...then the rest:nervous:)
Top speed - 112 mph
Final - 3.050
1st - 3.999
2nd - 2.779
3rd - 2.048
4th - 1.590
5th - 1.302

Ride Hight - Front: -10 Rear: -13
Spring Rate - Front : 5.6 Rear: 5.5
Extension - Front: 5 Rear: 7
Compression - Front: 3 Rear: 5
Anti-Roll - Front: 1 Rear: 5

Camber - Front: 2.5 Rear: 4.0
Toe - Front: 0.15 Rear: -0.05

Brekes - Front: 5 Rear: 7

It's not at the 525pp because its not quite broken in and I added weight for ballance. Well there it is the "Butter Knife":scared::nervous::dunce:

Nice I tuned this car before and it was. Awesome and I attempted to retune it for this shootout and I think it could be a good competitor. I have 100miles on it and it only went to 355hp at 531 so you may want to get rid of the weight or some of it as I don't think you will hit 525 even fully broken in

Good to see more rollin' in. Just a heads up for the tuners, I'm going to start adding folks on PSN so if I haven't added you already be on the look out.

Assassin, glad to see you got your M3 hosted. Been looking since you posted and haven't seen that one come by the UCD. Think I have every M3 but that one. :banghead:

@krenkme

Just a thought...I have a fully broken in Vauxhall Turbo.
With 77kg at -50 you get 50/50 weight distribution and with the wing at 20 and full power you have 518PP and 360HP.
Numbers should be the same for an Opel.
If you do the same modifications to the non turbo model you only need 68kg ballast for a 50/50 and while with the wing set at 20 you can only make 310HP at 525 PP the car only weighs 823kg. Either adding more ballast closer to center or reducing wing angle will free up more HP and the Speedster non turbo model with high RPM turbo actually can make more HP than the turbo model. Maxes at 381HP.
Quick check on the non turbo Speedster at same weight same wing angle placed ballast at -22 for 50/50 and car has 377HP.:D

@krenkme

Just a thought...I have a fully broken in Vauxhall Turbo.
With 77kg at -50 you get 50/50 weight distribution and with the wing at 20 and full power you have 518PP and 360HP.
Numbers should be the same for an Opel.
If you do the same modifications to the non turbo model you only need 68kg ballast for a 50/50 and while with the wing set at 20 you can only make 310HP at 525 PP the car only weighs 823kg. Either adding more ballast closer to center or reducing wing angle will free up more HP and the Speedster non turbo model with high RPM turbo actually can make more HP than the turbo model. Maxes at 381HP.
Quick check on the non turbo Speedster at same weight same wing angle placed ballast at -22 for 50/50 and car has 377HP.:D

:( I have all of those cars, I picked this one because the color (I know I could paint it) and thought none had a tune for it.....shmo :( oh well its out there, hope the drivers have fun :)

If speed is what you want, adding weight is a bad idea, especially if you have pp to spare, jmo.

Audi R8 4.2 FSI R tronic '07
Car on share add CHRYSTALBUDS for testing.
This car does not work online,, You have been warned!

Mazda Laguna Seca
1:30.252

Chassis Weight Reduction III
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Bonnet
GT Wing
Sports ECU
FC Transmission
Twin-Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Torque Center Diff
Carbon Propeller Shaft
FC Suspension
Sports Soft Tires

Aerodynamics
Rear-40

Ballast
106kg@-50

Transmission
1st--4.323
2nd--3.076
3rd--2.327
4th--1.802
5th--1.486
6th--1.279
FD--3.588
MS--155mph

LSD
F___R
7___8
20_40
10_13

Torque Distribution
40/60

Suspension
+10__-20
14.2_14.0
7______8
6______4
5______6

Wheel Alignment
2.5____3.1
-0.15_0.15

Brakes
7/6

Didn't really put as much time in to this as I would like to, too busy at the moment. It is a very easy car to drive though and i'm sure you testers will enjoy it. Thanks everyone

Last edited:
From my experience the balance isn't worth the weight penalty, but it also depends on the driver most likely.

True, I'm going on real world racing, and driving style. Back in the day racing at road America we would set a "neutral" car (balanced) and let the springs and tires dictate the attitude of the car. Guess I'm stuck in my ways :)

Back