RVR's 1st Annual 525PP European Car Shootout!!! Final Tester and Tuner Results! :D

• Thread starter Akira GT
  • 1,341 comments
while i play the guitar(not well) I do like the piano. and my son plays the sax and daughter plays the violin :lol:

Indy

coughcoughMorrisMarinacoughcough :lol: Ok…back on topic. What was it?

THAT WAS IT. I just couldn't remember the name of the car for the life of me... I fail lol. As for topic... Pianos and Guitars? Or are we way back with actually tuning things? XD

THAT WAS IT. I just couldn't remember the name of the car for the life of me... I fail lol. As for topic... Pianos and Guitars? Or are we way back with actually tuning things? XD

The most truthful words you've ever spoken/typed :lol: And I don't know, I'm happy with either. Though the mods will prefer the tuning topic…

Nope…

PIANOS ARE BETTER

:D

sY2QO.png

Onboy123
Ahah! That's where you're wrong! :D If you remember, uMadson said he'd laugh at you for having a 'random' R32 beat your R33? Well, that 'random' one was a jumped up RKM car :D So we are being fair, now to just put it all together……damn it!!! uMadson!!! WHY ARE YOU AT SCHOOL!!!! :( :banghead:

Soz for the off topic :dopey:

Ya I remember him saying that but it didn't make sense to me since R32 and R33 are different cars so I shrugged it off. Where do you kids live that you have school now? Going to school in July and august must suck

Ya I remember him saying that but it didn't make sense to me since R32 and R33 are different cars so I shrugged it off. Where do you kids live that you have school now? Going to school in July and august must suck

He's in Cebu in the Philippines, which is why he has school in July, but he has 3 months off in summer!!??!?!?!?!?!? I only have 6 weeks :(

M3 04

The Sinister Sleeper

M3 525-PP

Base Car
BMW M3 '04
Available at: UCD

Important!
(Repair Engine/Chassis)

Parts

Body/Chassis
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction; Yes
Carbon Hood: No
Chassis Reinforcement: Yes

Engine
Computer: Tuned ECU
Engine Tuning Stage: 2

Intake System
Intake manifold: Sports
Air Filter: Racing

Exhaust
Exhaust Manifold: Standard
Catalytic Converter: Standard
Exhaust: Titanium Racing

Transmission
Fully Customizable Transmission

Drivetrain
Clutch: Twin-Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
Carbon Drive Shaft: Yes
Differential: Adjustable LSD

Suspension
Fully Customizable Suspension

Tires
SS

454 - 456hp & 1277kg @ 525pp

SETTINGS

Power Limiter
Adjust to bring PP to 525pp, it will be different depending on how many miles your car has.

Suspension
-17/-4
12.8/8.4
6/9
4/7
6/5

2.3/1.9
0.07/0.14

LSD

Adjust Gears in this order

Reset

TS Slider should be at 180mph

Input Gears

Gears

FD 3.620

This Gearbox is specifically Tuned for Mazda Laguna Seca.

Brakes
ABS-1: 6/4
ABS-0: 7/3

Please if somebody could put her together and Share the car it would be appreciated. I would request the car be painted "Dark Pewter Metallic", or some metallic black paint. Thanks.

Last edited:
Harvey Wallbanger runs Dylan's guitar over as he pulls up. Then loads Onboy, his piano and everyone who wants to go for a ride into the nightclub he had installed in the back of the Land Rover Range Stormer the Outlaws skunkworks has been tuning as a possible entry in the shootout.
Harvey is running 1:30s in this!:crazy::bowdown::gtpflag:

Harvey Wallbanger runs Dylan's guitar over as he pulls up. Then loads Onboy, his piano and everyone who wants to go for a ride into the nightclub he had installed in the back of the Land Rover Range Stormer the Outlaws skunkworks has been tuning as a possible entry in the shootout.
Harvey is running 1:30s in this!:crazy::bowdown::gtpflag:

LOL!!! 你瘋了麼?!?!?!?! ARE YOU CRAZY?!?!? Oh my god. I was losing interest in this shootout, and was, as said, considering pulling out. But this has just sparked my interest again! I want to see, more than almost everything else, Harvey Wallbanger's Buckingham Palace in the top 5 :D

My M3 was originally Tuned with a DFGT. To insure it would be well suited to both wheel & DS3, I did all my hot lapping after an initial baseline with my DS3.

I'm hot lapping with a DS3 @ 1:29.7XX on average with ABS set at 1.

My baseline with a DFGT & 0-ABS is 1:29.3XX.

I've not much time for Practicing or getting better at the Track, I can see this car hit mid 1:27's here with solid clean laps. I'd like to see what YAN could do with it. I've done my best to make the car as fast as possible for all skill sets, hopping everybody can get her lapping around 1:30 easy, with a few pushing her into the 1:27 to 1:29 range.

Enjoy the Car definitely a Killer Sleeper in any 525pp race 8)

LOL!!! 你瘋了麼?!?!?!?! ARE YOU CRAZY?!?!? Oh my god. I was losing interest in this shootout, and was, as said, considering pulling out. But this has just sparked my interest again! I want to see, more than almost everything else, Harvey Wallbanger's Buckingham Palace in the top 5 :D
Didn't you read my signature line? Of course I'm crazy!:D
Sadly the Range Stormer is number three currently in my testing so it may not make the cut...depends on what I can do in the next couple of days and what other tuners enter...don't want to be the second or third tune of a given car.:crazy:

Didn't you read my signature line? Of course I'm crazy!:D
Sadly the Range Stormer is number three currently in my testing so it may not make the cut...depends on what I can do in the next couple of days and what other tuners enter...don't want to be the second or third tune of a given car.:crazy:
NO! LET IT MAKE THE CUT! ARGH!!! I WANT TO SEE THE RANGEY IN!!!!! It's going to be hilarious!!!!!! Imagine JG in his Zonda, screaming 'POWERRR' at the top of his voice, then you thunder pass in this! :dopey: I want to do that! In fact, I'll help you out, I've got the car that you asked me for earlier today. I'll put it on share, you borrow it, buy a set of tyres for it (doesn't matter which), it'll then be yours! :D I'll even send the parts along! PLEASE ENTER A FUN ENTRY!!!!

NO! LET IT MAKE THE CUT! ARGH!!! I WANT TO SEE THE RANGEY IN!!!!! It's going to be hilarious!!!!!! Imagine JG in his Zonda, screaming 'POWERRR' at the top of his voice, then you thunder pass in this! :dopey: I want to do that! In fact, I'll help you out, I've got the car that you asked me for earlier today. I'll put it on share, you borrow it, buy a set of tyres for it (doesn't matter which), it'll then be yours! :D I'll even send the parts along! PLEASE ENTER A FUN ENTRY!!!!
Well if it makes you feel any better I managed to find a second Pikes Peak late last night so I'll be testing it this morning. So you've got a good chance of seeing an SUV in this shootout.:crazy:

Well if it makes you feel any better I managed to find a second Pikes Peak late last night so I'll be testing it this morning. So you've got a good chance of seeing an SUV in this shootout.:crazy:

Harvey Wallbanger the only person who wants too seriously race a SUV against sports cars!

Harvey Wallbanger the only person who wants too seriously race a SUV against sports cars!
One can never argue with speed regardless of the package it comes in! Just check out Grünner Walddrache my RS 6 tune if you don't believe me.:D:bowdown::gtpflag:

Besides BIG is beautiful!!!:lol::crazy:

Last edited:
One can never argue with speed regardless of the package it comes in! Just check out Grünner Walddrache my RS 6 tune if you don't believe me.:D:bowdown::gtpflag:

Besides BIG is beautiful!!!:lol::crazy:

The RS6 Avant is a very nice car! Speedy and luxury!

suSgP.png

Anybody try out some of the Jag's, Austin Martins, or any of the other cars the guys over at BBC's Top Gear would be rootin for (aside from the Zonda)?

Since people checked out the M5 what about that 2010 jag in the UCD. They might be good rivals.

Anybody try out some of the Jag's, Austin Martins, or any of the other cars the guys over at BBC's Top Gear would be rootin for (aside from the Zonda)?

Since people checked out the M5 what about that 2010 jag in the UCD. They might be good rivals.
Didn't try them all but sadly the ones I did try seemed to lack grip and tended to bounce between understeer and oversteer.

Wondering if anyone tried a detuned:crazy: Seven Fireblade?
Or how about a Ginetta G4?

Tested without success,very good drive principaly DB9 '06 & Vanquish & XKR R , but too heavy for this track. 1'30"31" cars 2" above the most competitive. But really good drive, great pleasure.

Aston Martin DB9 Coupe ’03
Aston Martin DB9 Coupe ’06
Aston Martin Vanquish ’04

Jaguar XKR Coupe ’99
Jaguar XKR Coupe ’10
Jaguar XKR R Performance ’02

Lol, everyone is forgetting my favorite British car!! The Lotus Carlton!!!!
Unfortunately despite being a "Lotus" I've never had good luck getting a Carlton to turn properly.

Lol, everyone is forgetting my favorite British car!! The Lotus Carlton!!!!

I 've done a tune for this car yesterday https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5682033#post5682033 it's a 569pp racing tires, it can do 6'40" on the ring exploring the gears the good way. I've tested also Sport soft and it was good, but i forget totaly to give a try on laguna, with 525pp who knows... Can be very good, but laguna tune is special, don't know, i'll test it in a few hours.

I tried the Carlton a few days ago , its too heavy .

Ive almost tried all the TVRs - Tamora, Tuscan, T350C and Griffith . I dont have a speed 6.

I still havent decided what car im entering im between an Evora or RUF 3400s or maybe a Countach lol

Should I expect the 25th anniversary 1988 Countach to be quicker than the 1977 ?

At first look the '77 has a better lap time for me , I may copy the settings on to the '88 . I have the 1977 tuned perfect IMO :D

Tested without success,very good drive principaly DB9 '06 & Vanquish & XKR R , but too heavy for this track. 1'30"31" cars 2" above the most competitive. But really good drive, great pleasure.

Aston Martin DB9 Coupe ’03
Aston Martin DB9 Coupe ’06
Aston Martin Vanquish ’04

Jaguar XKR Coupe ’99
Jaguar XKR Coupe ’10
Jaguar XKR R Performance ’02

My favorites in the class are the Aston Martin DB9 Coupe ’06 and the Ferrari California. I might try the California without a wing at Laguna, just for fun. I did not like the Jaguar XKR R Performance ’02 at all, so did not try the '10. Like someone else mentioned a while back, I wish the Alfa 8C was faster here.

Praiano, did you try a de-tuned Silver Surfer (599)? Probably won't corner well enough but has to be FUN!

My favorites in the class are the Aston Martin DB9 Coupe ’06 and the Ferrari California. I might try the California without a wing at Laguna, just for fun. I did not like the Jaguar XKR R Performance ’02 at all, so did not try the '10. Like someone else mentioned a while back, I wish the Alfa 8C was faster here.

Praiano, did you try a de-tuned Silver Surfer (599)? Probably won't corner well enough but has to be FUN!

No i don't. Need better cornering for this track. I love to drive my 458 no wings reduced to 525pp. It's on share ,for me this is the best ferrari on this track, California too but talking about pleasure to drive the 458 is high above.

Back