RVR's 1st Annual 525PP European Car Shootout!!! Final Tester and Tuner Results! :D

• Thread starter Akira GT
  • 1,341 comments
Thanks, much appreciated. Keep me posted on those specs. Thanks.
Heres the specs. 446 hp, 332 ft-lb torque, 2.82 p/w, 1277kg, power limiter 96.8%, painted Carbonschwarz metallic. If anyone tested the '04 BMW M3 earlier I believe the TCS was still at the stock 5 setting I corrected it to zero and if someone could check to make sure for me I'd appreciate it.

But you can gain speed with a well balanced/handling car...I think :/
A lot of it depends on the car and the drivers skill. Typically though you want less weight as you can't make up enough in the handling. Building to a specific PP makes things a bit more interesting as you can try a variety of different things to reach the given PP, especially if your base car is well over the PP limit.
Now with the maxed out Speedster non turbo you actually have a worse power to weight ratio with no ballast than you do with some ballast added. However add to much ballast and the ratio starts to get worse again. Then there is what modifications to make to the car to reach that PP. You need a turbo on this car to make the PP but any of them will put you over so you'll need to either add ballast or use the power limiter. Of course you could also use less weight reduction with the turbo of choice which might work better point wise than taking the weight away and adding it back.
Same goes for stages of engine tuning or bolt on parts. You have to look for and find the best mix of all the things that affect your PP into account.

If speed is what you want, adding weight is a bad idea, especially if you have pp to spare, jmo.

Aaaaaah, yeah, I'm full of bad ideas. I've a car on share that has a lot, and I do mean a lot, of weight added to it :boggled:

It is something of an exception though. The extra weight actually brings it more in line with the real thing...

{Cy}

AS my BOBs are racing 24 Nur (have another 15+ hrs left), Tuners who I haven't added please send FR's to Indy_Racerfan on PSN

TIA
Indy

ACSR421
Heres the specs. 446 hp, 332 ft-lb torque, 2.82 p/w, 1277kg, power limiter 96.8%, painted Carbonschwarz metallic. If anyone tested the '04 BMW M3 earlier I believe the TCS was still at the stock 5 setting I corrected it to zero and if someone could check to make sure for me I'd appreciate it.

There is something definitely wrong.

I'm only limiting at 99.2% and have 456hp & 2.75 power to weight ratio. With the selected parts I have installed and NO Stage 3 Engine Tuning.

I used CSLACR's CSL to baseline my PP is her car correct? Because it's not making sense. Is there varying PP or something? Aside from the tires thing I deal with. It's just going by her cars specs, I should be at 525pp when at 455hp.

I do not mind at all if this is where the car makes 525pp, it's just something is off because the specs, HP, PP, of CSLACR's car is above the mark in comparison. Is this different for you guys?

Are they landing on the same PP mark for everybody? Are you checking the PP on shared cars?

I just double checked and the CSL at 405hp & 1153 kg makes more PP than my M3 with 456hp @ 1277kg...

WTF?!?!?

Last edited:

I'm only limiting at 99.2% and have 456hp & 2.75 power to weight ratio. With the selected parts I have installed and NO Stage 3 Engine Tuning.

I used CSLACR's CSL to baseline my PP is her car correct? Because it's not making sense. Is there varying PP or something? Aside from the tires thing I deal with. It's just going by her cars specs, I should be at 525pp when at 455hp.

I do not mind at all if this is where the car makes 525pp, it's just something is off because the specs, HP, PP, of CSLACR's car is above the mark in comparison. Is this different for you guys?

Are they landing on the same PP mark for everybody? Are you checking the PP on shared cars?

Maybe it´s the difference in the game version.

raVer

I double checked everything and it's right at the edge of 525PP another 10th of a point on the power limiter sends it to 526PP. Maybe one of the testers can check the settings to verify.

-raVer-
Maybe it´s the difference in the game version.

raVer

No way.

Her CSL makes more PP than my M3 at 456hp.

Something is off. Either 445hp is undercutting my car, or at 405hp @ 1153kg, her car is well over the limit....

It should be the same whatever her PP is at 525pp in a CSL, I should get equal PP when I tune to the PP I reached with her car at her specs at 525pp.

Something is off, please check this out.

It's as simple as building her car to spec (405hp & 1153kg) and comparing it to my car when at 445hp & 1277kg.

If the are the same, and both at 525pp I'll be blown away. They will only line up when my HP is brought up PAST 456hp. This means either her car is over 525pp, or putting up my car at 445hp has it under 525pp...

I can't test, so PLEASE do...

I trust ACS has my car at 525pp, so I would have to suspect CSLACR's car at the spec posted 405hp / 1153kg is over PP, well over 525pp, more like 528 or 529pp...

I just checked Pairaino's Audi, it lines up perfectly (with my car at 445hp, so it looks like that's good PP) BUT CSLACR is well over, making 4 more PP.

Can anybody confirm her car at spec 405hp/1153kg makes how much PP?

so two different points to make on weight.
#1. In this shootout (thank you again it is really fun) I'm not really sure how the pp system works as far as a car not being broke in and how much it will gain in pp:dunce: I added weight for that, and to make the car 50/50 to start the tune.
#2. I use to race (not very good i"ll be it, but still), and the Top Gear fans might not like to hear this but POOOWWWWEEEEEERRRRR!!!! is not the be all, end all, unless in a strait line! Handleing and grip, on this track, mean alot! So weight transfer to the point of the car you need to respend is key! It's not heavy it's helpful (maybe)

But still I know nothing, and am happy to be a part of this great shoot out

No way.

Something is off. Either 445hp is undercutting my car, or at 405hp @ 1153kg, her car is well over the limit....

It should be the same whatever her PP is at 525pp in a CSL, I should get equal PP when I tune to the PP I reached with her car at her specs at 525pp.

It's as simple as building her car to spec (405hp & 1153kg) and comparing it to my car when at 445hp & 1277kg.

If the are the same, and both at 525pp I'll be blown away. They will only line up when my HP is brought up PAST 456hp. This means either her car is over 525pp, or putting up my car at 445hp has it under 525pp...

Think this may be another game version issue. Not sure as I've not tried a build of either car yet.
My suggestion Assassin is to work with your host through PMs to get the desired build at the right PP. I seem to recall that the PP on your FF car was low due to trying to do a rough conversion of the difference in PP between your version and the current version.:)
Want to see your car and tune at its best and not handicapped because of differences caused by game versions.👍👍

Something's off, So far both Audis Line up right. Going to check a few others.

Anybody else care to check the PP on that CSL, it's making 4 more PP then every other car entered I check.

If there is varying PP, this will be my last PP event until I get another PS3 on OFW. It's too much a Pain in the arse.

But Something doesn't seem right, I haven't quite figured it out, but I will.

I'm confused here because the csl and M3 are two different cars. Can you just do the math between weight and hp and come up with the correct PP level.

so two different points to make on weight.
#1. In this shootout (thank you again it is really fun) I'm not really sure how the pp system works as far as a car not being broke in and how much it will gain in pp:dunce: I added weight for that, and to make the car 50/50 to start the tune.
#2. I use to race (not very good i"ll be it, but still), and the Top Gear fans might not like to hear this but POOOWWWWEEEEEERRRRR!!!! is not the be all, end all, unless in a strait line! Handleing and grip, on this track, mean alot! So weight transfer to the point of the car you need to respend is key! It's not heavy it's helpful (maybe)

But still I know nothing, and am happy to be a part of this great shoot out

PLease someone correct me if I'm wrong with this, but a car on share does not accumulate milage while being driven by others. Therefore it won't climb in HP regardless that it hasn't completed being broken in.

krenkme, you could then build it up to 525pp without fear of going over.

Like I said though, I could be wrong.

Something's off, So far both Audis Line up right. Going to check a few others.

Anybody else care to check the PP on that CSL, it's making 4 more PP then every other car entered I check.

If there is varying PP, this will be my last PP event until I get another PS3 on OFW. It's too much a Pain in the arse.

But Something doesn't seem right, I haven't quite figured it out, but I will.

your car needs 448 bhp to be same as CSL´s. ;)

raVer

PLease someone correct me if I'm wrong with this, but a car on share does not accumulate milage while being driven by others. Therefore it won't climb in HP regardless that it hasn't completed being broken in.

I believe the hosts car doesn't accumulate mileage for them but the person borrowing the car does see the mileage and a climb in hp.

ACSR421
I'm confused here because the csl and M3 are two different cars. Can you just do the math between weight and hp and come up with the correct PP level.

No the CSL when tuned to that mark has higher PP by 4pp then all the other entries, all other cars hit the same mark, I just haven't (at this point) tested the Lamborghini because I don't have one.

In order to get the same PP as the CSL I need 456hp, even then it's under her PP level by 1pp.

It's confusing because ALL other entries land on the same mark of 4pp less that the CSL at that spec. WTF is up with that? Might be the reason so many are seen online. An update let's them run higher PP, while at the same displayed PP.

If PD changed up and varies the PP version to version, update to update that's a big let down, and kills PP events for me for the moment.

Last edited:

I believe the hosts car doesn't accumulate mileage for them but the person borrowing the car does see the mileage and a climb in hp.

So if I took it off share and did a 9hr with my Bobs change the oil it would be good to go?

EDIT= nevermind, I like my little car just the way it is.... thats what my ma' used to tell me :D (no wait...replace "car" with "boy".... yup, that looks right)

Last edited:
Unfortunately PD seems to have used some odd curves in figuring the PP. I know for a fact most cars below a certain weight gain a greater reduction in PP with the addition of ballast than through use of the power limiter. I also believe that over a certain HP number you see a much higher decrease in PP with the power limiter than with ballast. Also age of the vehicle and premium status i.e. NCD or UCD seems to affect the PP with NCD cars getting an advantage and newer cars seeing an advantage. Finally torque also seems to play some roll in determining PP so a high torque lower HP car may have a higher PP than a car with higher HP and lower torque. All of which makes it very difficult to determine PP without actually tuning the car using the current version of the game. It's also why I don't like tuning cars I don't have multiple copies of as it quickly becomes a pain to keep track of all your changes...and with some changes being the sort you can't undo...:drool:

I just double checked and the CSL at 405hp & 1153 kg makes more PP than my M3 with 456hp @ 1277kg...

WTF?!?!?

It' s because you have less limiter 99,2%, so you have less flat power graphic than 95% or 96%. You have on ly a peak at 456 hp, the others settings with same pp have less hp but spreaded over a larger flat rpm range. I've test on my R8 to check what is the best, the result is perfectly equilibrate. PD did well on this point.

So if I took it off share and did a 9hr with my Bobs change the oil it would be good to go?

EDIT= nevermind, I like my little car just the way it is.... thats what my ma' used to tell me :D (no wait...replace "car" with "boy".... yup, that looks right)
HeHe yeah you could take it off share and fully break it in and that is actually the recommended course of action.

Would also say that it might be a chance with Dylan's approval to make any final adjustments to your tune since actual time trials by the test drivers hasn't commenced yet.

praiano63
It' s because you have less limiter 99,2%, so you have less flat power graphic than 95% or 96%. You have on ly a peak at 456 hp, the others settings with same pp have less hp but spreaded over a larger flat rpm range. I've test on my R8 to check what is the best, the result is perfectly equilibrate. PD did well on this point.

Dude your off. Not at all what the issue here is. I test at get 456hp peak when matched PP to CSL's CSL. But when tuned to 525pp by ACS I only make 445hp, that 11 peak HP less ;) when I adjust my Tune to 96.8% limiting, I get the same result of 445hp and 4 less PP then CSL's CSL.

PP seems altered version to version or update to update (aside from the blanket effect of tires) that's messed up...

No way.

It depends what mods you install.
When I first installed engine stage 1 and 2, I only managed 396HP, I think, but through trying different settings and parts, I eventually ended up with almost the max HP the CSL can have at 525PP and 1153KG. :sly:

I could add more power, I believe 407HP was max, but that was with the power limiter at almost 100%, which wasn't helping lap times.

Dude your off. Not at all what the issue here is. I test at get 456hp peak when matched PP to CSL's CSL. But when tuned to 525pp by ACS I only make 445hp, that 11 peak HP less ;) when I adjust my Tune to 96.8% limiting, I get the same result of 445hp and 4 less PP then CSL's CSL.

PP seems altered version to version or update to update (aside from the blanket effect of tires) that's messed up...
Yep it is messed up but my guess is that PD was trying to correct what they believed were errors in the PP calculations of certain cars.

Haha ,i'm lost like a blind man in the middle of a gunfire (shoot-out) :nervous: Ok ok, LOST..........:) Put some ethanol perhaps it 'll resolve the problem.

HeHe yeah you could take it off share and fully break it in and that is actually the recommended course of action.

Would also say that it might be a chance with Dylan's approval to make any final adjustments to your tune since actual time trials by the test drivers hasn't commenced yet.

Hummmmm....give up 50/50 weight for more hp....:indiff:..not sure. If it goes over the 525pp (assumeing it will) I'll lose the balance...oh boy. oh who am I kidding I'm not that good I think I'll just leave it:dopey:.....unless everyone thinks I should.....:boggled::boggled::boggled:...I'll get back to you tomarrow:dopey:

Adjust your hp to 448 and you should have 525 PP

raVer

Back