1st Annual Fall Roadster Battle! FINAL RESULTS POSTED!!!

XDesperado67
Hey DigitalBaka I've started posting my test results so you can add a link.

If you use the following link
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6113717#post6113717
It will take you direct to the post instead of just to the page.
BTW it's post #15.
Highlighting the post number will let you get the url for an individual post instead of just the one for the page it is on.👍👍 Makes finding the tunes and results much easier if a link opens directly on the given post instead of just to a page.:)

I've been using the thread/post link so people can still scroll through the thread but if it makes it easier I can use the single post...or both. Any preference folks?

I've been using the thread/post link so people can still scroll through the thread but if it makes it easier I can use the single post...or both. Any preference folks?

Like you don't already know but...:lol:
I much prefer the links take me direct to a given post as I access via my cell phone exclusively and having to scroll the length of a page to find the post I'm actually looking for is a real pain.:dopey::drool:

XDesperado67
Like you don't already know but...:lol:
I much prefer the links take me direct to a given post as I access via my cell phone exclusively and having to scroll the length of a page to find the post I'm actually looking for is a real pain.:dopey::drool:

Me too, I use my mobile phone for absolutely everything and I find it a bit difficult without wrestling with my awful mobile browser...

RE:Photos

DB, when you mention mark them what exactly do you mean ?

FWIW my photo entry is the pic I included with my tune.

@despy I liked that review.Cheers :D

Ok, added krenkme and removed bigberry from the drivers list.

Tuners, there is about 24 hours left until the deadline! Please be sure you submit your tunes on time! Also, make sure to clearly mark your photo entry and get all the drivers added so they can borrow your car.

Thank you, I hope I can do it. Also I marked my photo, but if you missed it here it is again :dopey:
autumnring2.jpg

Just added test results and mini reviews for VTiRoj and Dragonthing. Great job for the first two RKM tuners now to see if RJ can finish the trifecta.:D

DigitalBaka go ahead and use the picture I've posted with the tune for my SSR. Not enough time and to little talent on my end to do a better job getting the photograph and effect I want any better. Did my best to make it feel like an early morning/evening run with that radical Neon Green paintjob really poping out from its surroundings.

RE:Photos

DB, when you mention mark them what exactly do you mean ?

What I mean is to simply make sure I know which photo to enter into the poll. Some folks may have posted a couple shots or changed them at some point so I want to be sure I am using the one you want to enter.

I will check each tune post after the deadline and use the photo I find there to create the poll. If you haven't got it there please do post it or even a link to it. If you aren't sure how to get your photo online or are having difficulties please speak up! I'll help out as best I can and I am sure others will as well. :dopey:

XDesperado67
Krenkme Chrysler(Plymouth) Prowler '02 Time=1:28.989
Now this, is a Roadster! Great ole skool looks with this factory Hotrod. I can even handle the surfboard mounted on the boot. Unfortunately those looks probably help contribute to its less than stellar performance. That long wheelbase means it wants to let its tail out to play. Having tested a few other Prowlers, I must say Krenkme has done an excellent job of uping its performance and making it a faster, more enjoyable car to drive. That being said it just can't quite hang with the top cars here. Not enough grip in the corners, especially the esses where it really wants to let the tail go, and not enough beans to make up for it on the straighter sections. Despite these short comings I find it very fun car to drive.

Not the best ride, but it just screams ROADSTER! so I had to. Thanks for taking it for a spin. I'm glad you at least enjoyed it 👍 :dopey:

Updated time sheet with Praiano's and X's times! Also changed driver time links and tuner car links to single post. 👍

Onboy123 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GTS '03 Time=1:28.393
Reasonably quick, handles the medium speed corners well. Wants to understeer on the slower corners. Has a tendency to push a bit on the loop but not bad. Biggest issue handling was through the esses, if angle of entry and speed were not perfectly matched it is almost impossible to maintain any speed there. Overall a good car and tune, but not one that inspires you to push the limits, as you are more likely to find understeer into the dirt than a faster lap time.

Pretty much what I'm experiencing when I was testing it, especially with the bit about how it handles through the esses…though hopping over the kerbs seem to help. Remember, the car is (nose) heavy.[/Jeff Gordon] :lol:

Onboy test my car and prepare to be amazed. Remember to drive it like nice and easy. Slow going in, slow going out. The comments explain.

Onboy test my car and prepare to be amazed. Remember to drive it like nice and easy. Slow going in, slow going out. The comments explain.

Oh just wait will you! :dopey: I've still got my normal 'job' as a car reviewer to do. Nah, I'll test it tonight. 👍

Onboy what happened to my skyline compare review? Is it up somewhere and I missed it?
I kinda gave up...:indiff: the fact that Spec II changed the physics means I can't pick up from where I left off. I'll do a very small back to basics one sometime this century (like throughtout the week) and post it in your garage. 👍

krenkme Clueless times

johnnypenson - Honda S2000 '01 - 1:26.258
Rotary Junkie - Honda S2000 '01 - 1:26.547
CyKosis1973 - Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07 - 1:26.944
ACSR421 - Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07 - 1:27.159
Jackthalad - Honda S2000 '06 - 1:27.240
bigberry - Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07 - 1:27.248
VTiRoj - Honda S2000 '06 - 1:27.298
Sean10mm - Honda S2000 '06 - 1:27.395
Dragonthing - Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07 -1:27.470
Shmogt -Honda S2000 '01 - 1:27.497
XDesperado67 - Chevy SSR '03 - 1:27.643
Praiano - Mercedes-Benz SLK Kompressor '98 - 1:27.827
Tris_73 - Honda S2000 '06 - 1:27.866
madmyk - MG TF160 - 1:28.400
Onboy - Mistubishi Eclipse GTS '03 - 1:28.538
Indy Racerfan - BMW Z4 '03 - 1:29.063
krenkme - Chrysler Prowler '02 - 1.29.190
-raver- Chevrolet Corvette Convertible '54 - 1:33.894

I was thinking I was going to tell every tuner what there car did in the hands of an Idiot......but I can't write well :dopey:

Drivers Choice

1. johnnypenson - Honda S2000 '03
Fastest and most enjoyable. Perfect car for this shootout. Top down and cruise 👍
2. madmyk - MG TF160 '03
Good car to just drive around this track. Nothing fast, or a grip monster, just a fun car to drive.
3. XDesperado - SSR
How is that possible?.....how? A truck with that grip, and those brakes, and that feel......how?

Very hard to chose the "top Three" because it's more like 1(a) through (q), and then #2...but I tried :dopey:

Great Job everyone. Keep up the great tunes!

if you'd like to know what i thought of your car just ask...I'll try to tell you.

Last edited:
@krenkme if/when Brave Bear posts a tune I'll be hosting it for him as he doesn't have regular internet access.

Onboy123
I kinda gave up...:indiff: the fact that Spec II changed the physics means I can't pick up from where I left off. I'll do a very small back to basics one sometime this century (like throughtout the week) and post it in your garage. 👍

Haha well you had like 6 months of reviewing time, but your right since spec 2 it will be a waste now since at least mine isn't setup for it and am not sure if it's as good anymore.

Tuners have 3 hours left till the deadline.

Dont forget to include a pic for the photomode entry also.

Deadline is midnight GMT.

bigberry
Tuners have 3 hours left till the deadline.

Dont forget to include a pic for the photomode entry also.

Deadline is midnight GMT.

Glad I got mine up earlier this week :D good luck everyone!

I've got almost no time left, but is it ok to submit another photo instead of the one I submitted with my tuning entry? I'm definitely not a photographer but I wouldn't mind taking a swing at it. I'll post the photo anyway, but if I have to use my original photo, that's cool, just ignore the second one.... :dunce:

autumnring2g.jpg

If it's possible, I'll use this as my photo entry. If not, no problemo...

Back